44 Andy Neate WSR BMW 320si
52 Gordon Shedden Team Honda Honda Civic
55 David Pinkney Pinkney Motorsport Vauxhall Vectra
77 Andrew Jordan Pirtek Racing Vauxhall Vectra
98 Matt Hamilton TH Motorsport Honda Civic Type-R
99 Shaun Hollamby AmD Milltek Racing.com Volkswagon Golf
TBA Triple Eight Race Engineering Vauxhall Vectra
TBA Triple Eight Race Engineering Vauxhall Vectra

Team Honda and Silverline Chevrolet classified as manufacturers and Team Aon join them in the Manufacturers-Constructors' Championship.
Sunshine.co.uk with Tech-Speed Motorsport win the award for longest possible team name.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1849
http://www.btcc.net/html/drivers.php

ATF
23rd March 2010, 08:24
Overall a good entry list, better than I expected. Surely 888 could join the manufacturer/constructors championship if they run too?

Just one disappointment - no Turkington. But at this stage last year, neither Plato nor Jackson were on the entry list so we can hope...

mattie007
23rd March 2010, 11:19
Does this mean Chevvy and Honda are official works teams?

BTCC2
23rd March 2010, 11:26
Chvrolet are obviously. But I was a bit confused when reading about Honda Racing, because Steve Neal had said that it wouldn't be yet the official article on btcc.net seemed to suggest otherwise, I would have thought there would have been an anouncement was it a works entry so just Chevrolet I think.

BTCC2
23rd March 2010, 11:35
Having just re-read the article and looked at the offical entry list Honda are indeed a works team. Fantastic!!! 2 full works teams when we thought we'd have none.

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd March 2010, 11:37
Looks like Honda have just paid for the entry-fee.

AndySpeed
23rd March 2010, 11:40
I was a bit surprised about Honda being a full-manufacturer supported effort. But wasn't the Chevrolet deal only signed off recently? If that's the case maybe that encouraged Honda to go all-in too.

First time that Team Dynamics has been a full manufacturer team. Glad to finally be able to say that!

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd March 2010, 11:55
Team Dynamics did say that they would have James Thompson if they were a proper works team :confused:

mattie007
23rd March 2010, 11:59
Still a bit confusing! Are TOCA just giving them manufacturer 'status' because they have built there own cars like Aon, or have Honda said this is a factory team?

cos
23rd March 2010, 12:06
Still a bit confusing! Are TOCA just giving them manufacturer 'status' because they have built there own cars like Aon, or have Honda said this is a factory team?

It just means that Honda have paid the manufacturer entry fee this year. Steve Neal has said that they're not providing any more or less 'works' support than previous years.

DazzlaF1
23rd March 2010, 12:07

The only way you can obtain manufacturer status is by getting the manufacturer in question to pay the entry fee which based on this entry list is what they have done.

Plus in the articles there are representitives from the manufacturers UK/European divisions voicing their opinions too.

UltimateDanGTR
23rd March 2010, 16:25
I really hope Turks gets a triple-8 drive, otherwise it will be massivly dissapointing.

but that's 23 cars on the list. not bad at all, especially considering we lost bamboo to wtcc....

Alfa Fan
23rd March 2010, 16:27
Turkington won't be with 888.

UltimateDanGTR
23rd March 2010, 16:29
Turkington won't be with 888.

is this definate?

Alfa Fan
23rd March 2010, 16:31
No just logical. The 888 are fully commercial drives. If Colin managed to get a package together to race one of them, he'd also have enough to get in the 3rd WSR BMW, which obviously is his ideal drive.

UltimateDanGTR
23rd March 2010, 16:34
No just logical. The 888 are fully commercial drives. If Colin managed to get a package together to race one of them, he'd also have enough to get in the 3rd WSR BMW, which obviously is his ideal drive.

fair play. well, i hope he gets something together quickly.

Alfa Fan
23rd March 2010, 16:47
From the way Rob and Andy were talking in their interviews today I think its more likely than not that Colin will be on the grid come Thruxton.

mattie007
23rd March 2010, 17:39
It just means that Honda have paid the manufacturer entry fee this year. Steve Neal has said that they're not providing any more or less 'works' support than previous years.

I see! Like has been said elsewhere, hopefully 888 should be given manufacturer status aswell.

ATF
23rd March 2010, 18:01
From the way Rob and Andy were talking in their interviews today I think its more likely than not that Colin will be on the grid come Thruxton.

Let's hope that's true!

On the subject of manufacturers, is it possible Vauxhall might have stayed if they knew there would be more competition this year? Or is Chevy's entry a result of Vauxhall pulling out?

DazzlaF1
23rd March 2010, 18:03
Nice Group Photo

http://www.btcc.net/images/gallery/lg_5368_2607.jpg

Heres who i think is who (Likelihood is im probably wrong)

TOP ROW: Matt Hamilton, Martin Johnson, Shaun Hollamby, Martin Depper, Arthur Forster, Lea Wood

MIDDLE ROW: Andy Neate, Tom Boardman, Gordon Shedden, Alex MacDowall, Steven Kane, David Pinkney, Andrew Jordan

FRONT ROW: Rob Collard, Mat Jackson, Matt Neal, Jason Plato, Tom Chilton, Tom Onslow-Cole, Paul O'Neill

ABSENT: John George

mattie007
23rd March 2010, 18:43
Interesting that Turkington's name was on the WSR truck under Collard and Neate.....

Eurotech
23rd March 2010, 18:55
I think you're right actually....

AndySpeed
24th March 2010, 00:04
On the subject of manufacturers, is it possible Vauxhall might have stayed if they knew there would be more competition this year? Or is Chevy's entry a result of Vauxhall pulling out?

Very hard to say. When they pulled out they did cite the lack of any other manufacturer competition as one of the reasons, but whether they just wanted a good exit reason will remain unknown. If they had stayed in, Chevrolet might never have entered.

There's a lot of what-ifs!

mattie007
24th March 2010, 11:56
I would say lack of other manufacturers was there reason.
VX couldn't of waited until March 22nd to see if any other manufacturers were joining! Ive got a feeling they will be back next season anyway.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th March 2010, 12:46
Where other manufacturers put off from entering because of Vauxhalls previous dominance?

What happened to the Volvo project?

BTCC2
24th March 2010, 15:50
Apparently the Volvo deal came close. Had Volvo entered, then it seems that Chevrolet wouldn't have. Also Vauxhall and Chevrolet can't compete together as works teams.

Alfa Fan
26th March 2010, 18:57
No. Driver Team Car
2 Jason Plato Silverline Chevrolet Chevrolet Cruze
4 Matt Neal Team Honda Honda Civic
5 Mat Jackson Airwaves BMW BMW 320si
6 Rob Collard WSR BMW 320si
11 Steven Kane Airwaves BMW BMW 320si
20 Alex MacDowall Silverline Chevrolet Chevrolet Cruze
21 Tom Onslow-Cole Team Aon Ford Focus
22 Tom Boardman Special Tuning UK SEAT Leon
23 Tom Chilton Team Aon Ford Focus
27 Martin Johnson Boulevard Team Racing Vauxhall Astra coupe
28 John George Sunshine.co.uk with Tech-Speed Motorsport Honda Integra
29 Paul o'Neill Sunshine.co.uk with Tech-Speed Motorsport Honda Integra
30 Martin Depper Forster Motorsport BMW 320si
37 Arthur Forster Forster Motorsport BMW 320si
43 Lea Wood Central Group Racing Honda Integra
44 Andy Neate WSR BMW 320si
52 Gordon Shedden Team Honda Honda Civic
55 David Pinkney Pinkney Motorsport Vauxhall Vectra
77 Andrew Jordan Pirtek Racing Vauxhall Vectra
88 Phil Glew Triple Eight Race Engineering Vauxhall Vectra
98 Matt Hamilton TH Motorsport Honda Civic Type-R
99 Shaun Hollamby AmD Milltek Racing.com Volkswagon Golf
888 TBA Triple Eight Race Engineering Vauxhall Vectra

Just updated it a bit :)

c8nay
26th March 2010, 19:18
So Glew is running 88? I thought they might of filled the 888 first or even No40 for Glew's sponsor.

Alfa Fan
26th March 2010, 19:47
Glew is 88 according to btcc.net

Eurotech
27th March 2010, 10:04
I thought the MSA didn't allow 3 digit numbers. I know Aaron Slight had 111 in 2002 but I thought that was the reason why Beechdean Motorsport didn't have 007 on their Aston last year :/