22nd March 2010, 15:56
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1847

As expected, great news!!!

Allyc85
22nd March 2010, 16:09
Fantastic news :D

BTCC2
22nd March 2010, 16:14
Perhaps a bit of a long shot but maybe the promise of manufacturer backing in the championship will increase the keeness of sponsors to back Colin Turkington? Or am I just clutching at straws.

UltimateDanGTR
22nd March 2010, 16:46
Perhaps a bit of a long shot but maybe the promise of manufacturer backing in the championship will increase the keeness of sponsors to back Colin Turkington? Or am I just clutching at straws.

maybe you are clutching at straws, but hey, nothing is impossible. good news for me being a Plate fan and all.

where does this leave Mat jackson though? Id hope with airwaves/motorbase.

time will tell on both immensly talented guys.

Allyc85
22nd March 2010, 17:13
Ive read on pistonheads that Mat Jackson was seen shaking down a motorbase BMW at Brands last Wednesday, though not %100 sure if its true.

mattie007
22nd March 2010, 18:14
Top news, just what the BTCC needed.
But who will they be racing against or are they hoping another manufacturer will enter?
Well done Chevvy, plus its a team based very near to where I live.

Alfa Fan
22nd March 2010, 18:19
Honda I would guess, maybe even Ford..tomorrow will reveal all :)

mattie007
22nd March 2010, 18:38
Thats what I was thinking. Maybe even BM.... then again!

Captain VXR
22nd March 2010, 18:48
so Chevy (+Honda ish) - good to see new manufacturers
I'll support Chevrolet, because they are a GM brand - effectivly Vauxhall's replacement

Alfa Fan
22nd March 2010, 18:58
Thats what I was thinking. Maybe even BM.... then again!

Might get your wish with BMW Airwaves...we will see.

DazzlaF1
22nd March 2010, 19:16
http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/AU587300.jpg

Now doesnt that look pretty.

Great to see Plato back and congratulations to MacDowall too getting his first BTCC drive and with a top team as well

EDIT: Its a manufacturer entry too, even better :D

VkmSpouge
22nd March 2010, 19:24
Great that Chevrolet have officially entered. Jason Plato will be one of the title favourites and I hope Alex MacDowall will have a good season too. I'm glad RML went with the Cruze instead of the Lacetti.

WSRfan82
22nd March 2010, 19:53
dont you think its funny. plato and muller race for vauxhall clash and miller goes to seat in the wtcc but then plato races for seat in the btcc. seat pull out of the btcc then seat pullout of the wtcc miller then gets a drive with chevy for 2010 and now plato is driving for works chevy team in the btcc. i think thats weired and i think that calls for me to change my name for this form

Eurotech
22nd March 2010, 20:29
dont you think its funny. plato and muller race for vauxhall clash and miller goes to seat in the wtcc but then plato races for seat in the btcc. seat pull out of the btcc then seat pullout of the wtcc miller then gets a drive with chevy for 2010 and now plato is driving for works chevy team in the btcc. i think thats weired and i think that calls for me to change my name for this form
Actually, Plato went to SEAT in 04 whereas Muller followed in 06.... Its still quite fully though and if we get the usual "end of season 3rd car" scenario, would you bet against Muller or Maybe Rob Huff returning to the Championship????

BTCC2
22nd March 2010, 20:39
Probably Menu again.

Eurotech
22nd March 2010, 23:12
Hmmm not sure, he wasn't that impressive in terms of race craft last time he raced in the BTCC...

Alfa Fan
22nd March 2010, 23:20
He did fine! Qualified P3 behind the other two VXR cars, finished 4th in race one, having been 2nd before a puncture right at the end cost him, followed by 6th in race two, and then had problems in race three IIRC.

BTCC2
23rd March 2010, 00:16
Yeah that's how I remember it. I thought it was very impressive the way he was instantly competetive and up to speed on a track he hadn't raced for 7 years and in a brand new car to him against drivers in cars they'd been racing all year.

Captain VXR
25th March 2010, 16:40
Its going to be strange cheering Plato on :D

UltimateDanGTR
25th March 2010, 16:59
Ive read on pistonheads that Mat Jackson was seen shaking down a motorbase BMW at Brands last Wednesday, though not %100 sure if its true.

jackson has since been confirmed at motorbase/airwaves.

excellent. dim moment from me in the first place :D