PDA

View Full Version : Carl Edwards On Brad & Kevin

71Fan
20th March 2010, 02:53
from Jayski..

Edwards: Harvick just a 'bad person':

#99-Carl Edwards insists his issues with #12-Brad Keselowski go no deeper than incidents that have happened on the track and that they will address them during a meeting Saturday at Bristol Motor Speedway. Edwards' issues with #29-Kevin Harvick apparently go much deeper.

"I have absolutely no respect for Kevin Harvick," he said before Friday's first practice at Bristol Motor Speedway. "I think he's a bad person. That's my opinion. I've told him. We've had our deal before and his actions through that interaction were so devious and underhanded and cowardly that, it's like, I just have no respect for him. When people like that question me, it makes me feel better because if those people were lined up patting me on the back I'd be on the wrong side of what's right and wrong. And I truly believe that."

Edwards and Harvick got into a physical confrontation in 2008 at Charlotte Motor Speedway that ended with one of Harvick's friends dragging Edwards away in a headlock. Keselowski and Edwards are scheduled to meet on Saturday to speak for the first time since the wreck, which was magnified when Keselowski's car went airborne, flipped upside down and landed on its roof. Keselowski said last week he believed Edwards' issue with him went beyond what happened on the track. "It's no deeper than that," Edwards insisted. "It's only between him and I and what happens on the track."

That's when Edwards lit into Harvick, who after their incident said, "Not a big fan. I think he's a fake." Edwards said he's not trying to be the good or the bad guy. "All those people that say whatever they say, know that if I have an issue with them I go speak to them," he said. "I don't go talk behind their back like little girls. That's what a lot of them do. I learned that wasn't cool in about the fifth grade. It's really simple. I treat everyone the best way I can possibly treat them. That's the way I was raised, but I stand up for myself. That's simple. If somebody doesn't respect that, then that's their problem. Doesn't really matter."

Team owner Jack Roush does not condone Edwards wrecking Keselowski at Atlanta, "but I do understand it."

"If my drivers had wrecked somebody three times I would have had issue with that in my camp," Roush said. He agreed with NASCAR's decision not to suspend Edwards, who was placed on a three-race probation

Sparky1329
20th March 2010, 04:28
from Jayski..

Edwards: Harvick just a 'bad person':

#99-Carl Edwards insists his issues with #12-Brad Keselowski go no deeper than incidents that have happened on the track and that they will address them during a meeting Saturday at Bristol Motor Speedway. Edwards' issues with #29-Kevin Harvick apparently go much deeper.

"I have absolutely no respect for Kevin Harvick," he said before Friday's first practice at Bristol Motor Speedway. "I think he's a bad person. That's my opinion. I've told him. We've had our deal before and his actions through that interaction were so devious and underhanded and cowardly that, it's like, I just have no respect for him. When people like that question me, it makes me feel better because if those people were lined up patting me on the back I'd be on the wrong side of what's right and wrong. And I truly believe that."

Edwards and Harvick got into a physical confrontation in 2008 at Charlotte Motor Speedway that ended with one of Harvick's friends dragging Edwards away in a headlock. Keselowski and Edwards are scheduled to meet on Saturday to speak for the first time since the wreck, which was magnified when Keselowski's car went airborne, flipped upside down and landed on its roof. Keselowski said last week he believed Edwards' issue with him went beyond what happened on the track. "It's no deeper than that," Edwards insisted. "It's only between him and I and what happens on the track."

That's when Edwards lit into Harvick, who after their incident said, "Not a big fan. I think he's a fake." Edwards said he's not trying to be the good or the bad guy. "All those people that say whatever they say, know that if I have an issue with them I go speak to them," he said. "I don't go talk behind their back like little girls. That's what a lot of them do. I learned that wasn't cool in about the fifth grade. It's really simple. I treat everyone the best way I can possibly treat them. That's the way I was raised, but I stand up for myself. That's simple. If somebody doesn't respect that, then that's their problem. Doesn't really matter."

Team owner Jack Roush does not condone Edwards wrecking Keselowski at Atlanta, "but I do understand it."

"If my drivers had wrecked somebody three times I would have had issue with that in my camp," Roush said. He agreed with NASCAR's decision not to suspend Edwards, who was placed on a three-race probation

"Eddie Haskell" sounds like the pot calling the kettle black from the back of the high horse he's riding.

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 12:06
They're called "head games", and Harv is playing them to the hilt. After all, he was taught by the master. :D

He called Edwards a fake earlier in the week on a radio show. And Edwards is still stewing about it enough to bring it up in a press conference at the track this weekend? Harv is all in Edwards head. And it didn't have to be that way. Look, when Edwards caused the big one at 'dega in the fall of 08, Harv got collected in it and ended his chase hopes, and he went off in his interview in the garage area, as did many other drivers who were involved in that wreck. Edwards chose to leave him a nasty note in his airplane , and then physically confront him during practice at Lowes the next week. Harv has been in his head ever since.
All Edwards had to do was let it slide, as just another driver who was pissed off that his season was basicly over and it would have all boiled over in a few weeks. You don't even hear about it from the the drivers involved in that deal anymore, to include most of Edward's teammates at that time. But he picked that fight with Harvick and its now on, Harvick has rented space in his mind ever since.

edv
20th March 2010, 13:39
Hatfields & McCoys. LOL

Sparky1329
20th March 2010, 14:16
They're called "head games", and Harv is playing them to the hilt. After all, he was taught by the master. :D

He called Edwards a fake earlier in the week on a radio show. And Edwards is still stewing about it enough to bring it up in a press conference at the track this weekend? Harv is all in Edwards head. And it didn't have to be that way. Look, when Edwards caused the big one at 'dega in the fall of 08, Harv got collected in it and ended his chase hopes, and he went off in his interview in the garage area, as did many other drivers who were involved in that wreck. Edwards chose to leave him a nasty note in his airplane , and then physically confront him during practice at Lowes the next week. Harv has been in his head ever since.
All Edwards had to do was let it slide, as just another driver who was pissed off that his season was basicly over and it would have all boiled over in a few weeks. You don't even hear about it from the the drivers involved in that deal anymore, to include most of Edward's teammates at that time. But he picked that fight with Harvick and its now on, Harvick has rented space in his mind ever since.

Bingo! :D :up:

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 16:36
Kes was asked how the "meeting" went between him and Carl.He said that they were straight, and that it sounded like there was alot more goin on between Kevin and Carl then between him and Carl!! :D

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2010, 18:33
Carl and Harvick is the feud. I think Keselowski just will roll on and adapt a little. Harvick tho doesn't like Carl and vice versa, and the hilarious thing is, Harvick isn't a babe in the woods innocent so I don't know how much yapping he should do. His putting Logano into the fence in the Nationwide race at Bristol is not an exception for Harv...so for him to try to put on the white hat is comical. That said, Edwards is full of PR speak and BS too..

It is why I have always been a Mark Martin and Jeff Burton fan...never hear those two being ripped...

slorydn1
21st March 2010, 20:51
Carl and Harvick is the feud. I think Keselowski just will roll on and adapt a little. Harvick tho doesn't like Carl and vice versa, and the hilarious thing is, Harvick isn't a babe in the woods innocent so I don't know how much yapping he should do. His putting Logano into the fence in the Nationwide race at Bristol is not an exception for Harv...so for him to try to put on the white hat is comical. That said, Edwards is full of PR speak and BS too..

It is why I have always been a Mark Martin and Jeff Burton fan...never hear those two being ripped...

Harvick wasn't putting on any white hat....he was telling it like it is.

Edwards is a "golly gee, i really hate that, shucks", Eddie Haskell-style fake since day one and Harvick just called him out on that.

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2010, 21:07

Edwards is a "golly gee, i really hate that, shucks", Eddie Haskell-style fake since day one and Harvick just called him out on that.

Just as long as he never pretends he is a white hat kind of guy....which in spite of some of his actions at times, I do like. Happy is a pretty good guy really, but he shouldn't be too blunt in knocking other people's mistakes.

Carl? well...the bloom is off that rose aint it?

71Fan
21st March 2010, 21:56

roflmsao <<<----haven't used that one in years

willracefan
23rd March 2010, 21:48
harvick wasnt, and wrecking someone at bristol is different than wrecking someone at atlanta when you are nowhere close to the lead lap. and you cannot control what happens at bristol when you move someone out of the way...does anyone remember jarrett/newman and burton/busch/johnson in 05? i guess noone remembers when johnson tried to be dirty for a handfull of races in 05.

Mark in Oshawa
24th March 2010, 06:36
harvick wasnt, and wrecking someone at bristol is different than wrecking someone at atlanta when you are nowhere close to the lead lap. and you cannot control what happens at bristol when you move someone out of the way...does anyone remember jarrett/newman and burton/busch/johnson in 05? i guess noone remembers when johnson tried to be dirty for a handfull of races in 05.

We remember Johnson trying to knock people out of the way...and we saw how he doesn't do it now. All young drivers go through this phase it seems.....

Harvick leans on people...he is the only Sprint Cup driver right now that has been BANNED for rough driving for a race....so for him to be taking shots at anyone is a bit much. He hasn't changed what he thinks, he just doesn't act on that impulse or two.

slorydn1
24th March 2010, 14:21
We remember Johnson trying to knock people out of the way...and we saw how he doesn't do it now. All young drivers go through this phase it seems.....

Harvick leans on people...he is the only Sprint Cup driver right now that has been BANNED for rough driving for a race....so for him to be taking shots at anyone is a bit much. He hasn't changed what he thinks, he just doesn't act on that impulse or two.

Believe it or not, Mark, but you won't find any disagreement from me there....

Mark in Oshawa
24th March 2010, 18:37
Believe it or not, Mark, but you won't find any disagreement from me there....

That I can appreciate. One of my best friends is a Harvick fan and he always gets snippy when I point that out. Then again, he was a fan of the 3 and always thought Sr. didn't do anything wrong, even if people were picking their car out of the fence....

71Fan
24th March 2010, 19:41
Snippy? What a wonderful way to put it. Thing is, every driver out there has his or her good days and bad days. These guys are not imo for the most part role models, they are racecar drivers whose job it is to kick ass and take names

slorydn1
24th March 2010, 21:10
That I can appreciate. One of my best friends is a Harvick fan and he always gets snippy when I point that out. Then again, he was a fan of the 3 and always thought Sr. didn't do anything wrong, even if people were picking their car out of the fence....

To be completly honest, tho, he wasn't banned necessarily for rough driving alone. He was banned for the way he showed his back side to NASCAR after being told to park the truck for dumping Coy Gibbs (which wouldn't have even been an issue had it not been for being placed on probation for a simple shoving and screaming match with Greg Biffle at Bristol a few weeks prior-back then Texas seperated the two short track races).

Had he just parked the truck and followed normal procedures to include his butt chewing from Mike Helton he would have been good to go the next day.

But he just HADDA show up Nascar, park his truck in front of the "Big Red Truck" and storm off to his team hauler. Bill France jr just happened to be there that day and Harvick sat out the cup race. At the time I thought it was a little steep, but I understood it. Nascar had to make an example out of somebody, cause back then probation was just a big fat joke. Hence the jokes this past week from announcers like Allen Bestwick about "double secret probation" when it came to Edwards probation. Harvick set himself up perfectly to be that example, and I was kinda ticked off with him for a little while for putting himself in that predicament to start with.

What I was most hot with Nascar about was that he was even on probation to start with for that-I wouldn't even call it a scuffle-incident with Biffle at Bristol. That was the beginning of the over "PC-ism" from nascar and it painted nascar into a corner where they started to hammer people for showing even the slightest it of anger (Ward Burton was docked money and points for throwing his "booties" at Dale jr's car after Jr dumped him at bristol for example.

I actually think Harvick overreacted some at Bristol that day, I don't think Biffle took him out on purpose,I think he just misjudged Harvick's exit off the corner and he got to the gas before Kevin did-I really believe that. But, they must have had some other incident leading up to that that I just don't remember that caused Harvick to believe it was on purpose and the rest is history

Mark in Oshawa
24th March 2010, 21:35
Excellent recall Slo....I do remember all of it NOW you bring it up. Yup...Harvick found out that NASCAR does have teeth, even if they choose not to use them most of the time.

Hey, Harvick isn't any worse than few of these guys, and I like his personality on anything outside of racing, but in the race car, he has a rather Me first mentality that is almost over the top. Lets face it, a little of narcissitic self determination is great as a race driver, but Kevin was a little over the top back then. I remember him at that Bristol race leaping over the roof to get at Biff...

slorydn1
25th March 2010, 08:55
Excellent recall Slo....I do remember all of it Harvick found out that NASCAR does have teeth, even if they choose not to use them most of the time.

That should read "HAD TEETH"....

Nascar buried it's teeth the day it buried Bill France, Jr, I'm afraid......

willracefan
26th March 2010, 22:11

i don't think what harvick said had anything to do with that incident, it more had to do with edwards and the light penalty. a reporter asked him about it and harvick gave his opinion on edwards, which is true. last year after the bristol spring nns race, edwards was so happy kyle didnt win the race that he was praising kevin for it...thats fake.

willracefan
26th March 2010, 22:22
To be completly honest, tho, he wasn't banned necessarily for rough driving alone. He was banned for the way he showed his back side to NASCAR after being told to park the truck for dumping Coy Gibbs (which wouldn't have even been an issue had it not been for being placed on probation for a simple shoving and screaming match with Greg Biffle at Bristol a few weeks prior-back then Texas seperated the two short track races).

Had he just parked the truck and followed normal procedures to include his butt chewing from Mike Helton he would have been good to go the next day.

But he just HADDA show up Nascar, park his truck in front of the "Big Red Truck" and storm off to his team hauler. Bill France jr just happened to be there that day and Harvick sat out the cup race. At the time I thought it was a little steep, but I understood it. Nascar had to make an example out of somebody, cause back then probation was just a big fat joke. Hence the jokes this past week from announcers like Allen Bestwick about "double secret probation" when it came to Edwards probation. Harvick set himself up perfectly to be that example, and I was kinda ticked off with him for a little while for putting himself in that predicament to start with.

What I was most hot with Nascar about was that he was even on probation to start with for that-I wouldn't even call it a scuffle-incident with Biffle at Bristol. That was the beginning of the over "PC-ism" from nascar and it painted nascar into a corner where they started to hammer people for showing even the slightest it of anger (Ward Burton was docked money and points for throwing his "booties" at Dale jr's car after Jr dumped him at bristol for example.

I actually think Harvick overreacted some at Bristol that day, I don't think Biffle took him out on purpose,I think he just misjudged Harvick's exit off the corner and he got to the gas before Kevin did-I really believe that. But, they must have had some other incident leading up to that that I just don't remember that caused Harvick to believe it was on purpose and the rest is history

so that was why he was parked because of after being parked the day before? i don't think harvick would have missed a race if there was no cup race that weekend. of course nascar over the years has changed. robby got to race the day after the montreal incident in 07 and i don't believe he missed a cup race at all. would he have gotten to in 2002?

slorydn1
26th March 2010, 23:58
robby got to race the day after the montreal incident in 07 and i don't believe he missed a cup race at all. would he have gotten to in 2002?

Actually Robby did not get to race the next day...The cup race was at Pocono that weekend and PJ Jones drove the 7 car to a 37th place finish, 2 laps down

http://racing-reference.info/race/2007-21/W

Mark in Oshawa
27th March 2010, 12:14
That should read "HAD TEETH"....

Nascar buried it's teeth the day it buried Bill France, Jr, I'm afraid......

Some said the teeth went to the earth when Bill SENIOR was put to rest!!!

willracefan
27th March 2010, 21:10
Actually Robby did not get to race the next day...The cup race was at Pocono that weekend and PJ Jones drove the 7 car to a 37th place finish, 2 laps down

http://racing-reference.info/race/2007-21/W

then that pretty much compares to kevin's situation..i really wasnt sure. but i still believe if there was no cup race those weekend, they wouldnt have missed a race.