PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2007

Dave B
28th February 2007, 16:41
The Darkness might be following on from Lordi if they (or more accurately former frontman Justin Hawkins) win the competiton to represent the UK at the Eurovision Song Contest.

They're up against Biz Brovaz :rolleyes: , Scooch (who?), ex-Atomic kitten and Liz McClarnon and - wait for it - former East 17 "star" Brian Harvey.

Morrisey has seen sense and withdrawn from the running. Shame, as I'd love to hear Girlfriend In A Coma in amongst all the Euro-tat.

But it got me thinking: how do other countries select their entries?

Viktory
28th February 2007, 17:13
In Sweden it's absolutely crazy. We have something like 5 or 6 competitions in different cities (one each weekend) with 8 entrants in each competition. They play their songs and we get to vote via telephone. The two who receive the most votes each weekend go directly to the final in Globen, Stockholm (It's supposed to be held pretty soon). Then there are 2 other entrants who go to a "second chance" competition from each weekend. So out of 8 entries each weekend, only half of them are excluded... I am not sure how many of the people who get into the second chance round are allowed to go to the final. In the final people vote once again to decide who goes to Eurovision.

janneppi
28th February 2007, 17:46
I think "we" have chosen our candidate, she's a former iDols winner, don't worry, we wont win this time. :laugh:

Erki
28th February 2007, 20:49
What?

Iain
28th February 2007, 20:59
One year, just one year please let a pair of Irish priests enter. :D

Hazell B
1st March 2007, 23:07
The Darkness ....or more accurately former frontman Justin Hawkins ....

Oh, you're trying to start a fight there!
The other Darkness lads made public their reforming without skinny boy's services the other day and what happens within a few hours but Hawkins lands himself a Eurovision chance.

It's a bit like Take That doing okay and getting Brit nominations then poor Robbie Williams just happening to notice he needs rehab very publicly within a day or two.

Not that I'm a cynic or anything :p :

Christina
1st March 2007, 23:23
oohhh!!! that time of year again! another opportunity to drive my family insane with eurovision! :D

I wonder.. how many white suits will we see this year? how many Lordi copy acts?

Drew
2nd March 2007, 01:27
Ah brilliant, the Eurovision song contest!

Just another excuse to get drunk :p :

gadjo_dilo
2nd March 2007, 09:53
In Romania everybody's free to send a song to the public television, respecting the conditions of the contest. No wonder that the country group Rednex ( remember the 90's hit Cotton Eye Joe? ) tried their luck here. :laugh: Then a few juries (of musicians, jornalists, tv representatives, etc. ) select 24 songs who battle in 2 semifinals, then the first six songs from semifinals goes to the final. In semif's and final, the points are 50% televoting and 50% from the speciality jury. It's always fun cos the public and the jury have different choices, then the competitors accuse either the members of the jury of personal resentiments or the phone companies. Anyway the national selection is always followed by a big scandal in press and cause long debates in tv talk shows.
This year the main favorites were desqualified, then a band who had 2 songs in the final lost cos one of the songs was a fav with the public and the other with the jury and finally the winner is a joke: six creepy guys entitled Todomondo ( at the beginning they were Locomondo but had to change the name ) singing in six languages a kindergarten anthem who strangely resembles " Sur le pont d'Avignon ".
If you want to have a laugh watch it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXhgx7-d2dQ

jso1985
3rd March 2007, 00:24
Did the guys who sing "Dragostea din tei" sent their song there? :p :
Cuz the song sounds like Eurovision material to me :erm:

draper
3rd March 2007, 00:53
its all manufactored pop crap imho

real music is at least 130bpm ;)

DonnieDarco
3rd March 2007, 09:21
When is it??

Ian McC
3rd March 2007, 10:28
I thought they would have given up on this by now! I heard them play snippets of the tracks on the radio, all terrible :s

gadjo_dilo
5th March 2007, 12:55
Did the guys who sing "Dragostea din tei" sent their song there? :p :
Cuz the song sounds like Eurovision material to me :erm:

They split up but one of them represented Moldova last year with a spanish/english cabbage like: Loca, give me, give me your boca... :laugh:

Azumanga Davo
5th March 2007, 13:36
Numa numa ei, numa numa ei, numa numa numa ei...

Oh, definitely. I say bring back O-Zone and their wondrous number 1 smash song, for the sole purpose of saying 'Oh no, not them again..." :D

Mark
5th March 2007, 14:06
One year, just one year please let a pair of Irish priests enter. :D

"My lovely horse"? It's a sure fire winner :D

Azumanga Davo
5th March 2007, 14:12
Careful now... :D

Susy1979
5th March 2007, 17:24
"My lovely horse"? It's a sure fire winner

class :rotflmao: That would be good!

I LOVE Eurovision :D a little bit too much maybe :disturb: :p
Can't wait for it to be on and really want Justin to be picked!!! :bounce:

Iain
5th March 2007, 18:38
"My lovely horse"? It's a sure fire winner :D

"Dougal, I think we want to avoid the idea that we're actually in love with the horse."

Ian McC
5th March 2007, 19:37
"Dougal, I think we want to avoid the idea that we're actually in love with the horse."

:laugh: :rotflmao:

jso1985
6th March 2007, 00:37
They split up but one of them represented Moldova last year with a spanish/english cabbage like: Loca, give me, give me your boca... :laugh:

I remembar that, still laughing :laugh:

its all manufactored pop crap imho

real music is at least 130bpm ;)

who's saying we watch it for the music? :p :

DonnieDarco
6th March 2007, 16:25
When is it??

Anyone know?

Iain
6th March 2007, 16:58
Usually the 2nd or 3rd weekend in May I think.