PDA

View Full Version : I'm having an interesting week ....

Hazell B
18th March 2010, 18:54
Last Thursday - dared a cop to arrest me. He chickened out.
Friday - made complaint about cop and it was upheld.
Monday - went for MOT with ropey handbrake unfixed. Mechanic's hangover saved me, he threw up and I went home.
Tuesday - Passed MOT (and he didn't check the handbrake very well anyhow :rolleyes: )
Wednesday - argued with council that they can't block off my street's end as it stops fire engines getting here.
Today - they blocked the street off. Argued more, then went and dug a large ditch by hand. Got home to council's messages basically saying "nananana! We win!" and found a burst water main. No hot bath :(

Had a busy weekend, too.

I'm knackered and I smell nasty :mark: :s

Dave B
18th March 2010, 19:15
See, if you had Facebook or Twitter we'd never have got this all in one post! :p

My week's not been as interesting. Monday - finally shook off the remnants of whatever bug floored me at the weekend - just when I wanted to enjoy the first GP of the year.
Tuesday - Painted the living room then immediately wanted to do all the other rooms becuase they looked tired in comparison. Didn't get any paint on the furniture, if Susy asks.
Wednesday - Wired up some low-voltage lighting in the garden. Wired up some mains lighting in the garden. Cursed the weather for not being summer so I could enjoy my lighting in the garden. Hot bath :p
Thursday - designed wedding invitations, drew up shopping list for France tomorrow, feigned interest in a PCSO asking if I'd witnessed a kid being beaten up "sometime last week" and "somewhere in the area". Did research into possible legal action against a company who I won't name here (I can easily win :D ).

I'm not knackered, but have smelt nasty for as long as anyone can remember.

Hazell B
18th March 2010, 20:20
Didn't get any paint on the furniture, if Susy asks.
......have smelt nasty for as long as anyone can remember.

Um, once again you prove all men have a lingering aroma of BS hanging around them :laugh:

emporer_k
18th March 2010, 20:44
My week has been rather dull. Work actually ran out for a bit so i got to add to my paperclip chain.

Eki
19th March 2010, 06:25
This week, I've been mainly eating acorns.

Easy Drifter
19th March 2010, 07:07
Well at least you admit you are a little squirrley. :D

Eki
19th March 2010, 08:27
Well at least you admit you are a little squirrley. :D
I'm a little bit of this, a little bit of that. I'm a weasel.

Mark
19th March 2010, 09:21
Last Thursday - dared a cop to arrest me. He chickened out.
Friday - made complaint about cop and it was upheld.
Monday - went for MOT with ropey handbrake unfixed. Mechanic's hangover saved me, he threw up and I went home.
Tuesday - Passed MOT (and he didn't check the handbrake very well anyhow :rolleyes: )
Wednesday - argued with council that they can't block off my street's end as it stops fire engines getting here.
Today - they blocked the street off. Argued more, then went and dug a large ditch by hand. Got home to council's messages basically saying "nananana! We win!" and found a burst water main. No hot bath :(

Had a busy weekend, too.

I'm knackered and I smell nasty :mark: :s

You do live an interesting life :D .
What had you done to provoke them into trying to arrest you?!

schmenke
19th March 2010, 14:52
Gawd, my week has been positively boring in comparison :s
Work, work and more work, including today that's supposed to be my day off :mark: .
Did manage to repair the dishwasher the other evening with a screwdriver and a cold beer, much to the dismay of the missus who was hoping to replace it with a new one :D

Daniel
19th March 2010, 15:34
Work, work and more work, including today that's supposed to be my day off :mark: .
Did manage to repair the dishwasher the other evening with a screwdriver and a cold beer, much to the dismay of the missus who was hoping to replace it with a new one :D
Nice :up:

slinkster
19th March 2010, 17:57
I'll trade your week of madness Hazell, for three days of illness, blood samples and doctors appointments then two days of work.

Thank god I have next week off work. :)

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2010, 17:42

Schmenke my man...THAT is just classic Canadian engineering. You can fix anything with a cold beer at hand I find....

Bet the Missus had the new one all picked out...brushed stainless steel I bet...

Easy Drifter
21st March 2010, 22:53
A few years ago when our dishwasher started leaking I discovered it had rusted out in one lower corner. 4 Years old!
Out came the fibreglass. Still going strong 6 years later.
That called for a bottle of wine!

Alexamateo
22nd March 2010, 04:45
My five year old little girl rode her bike without training wheels for the first time yesterday. That makes it a pretty significant day. Her little brother made me take the training wheels off his after seeing her, but we put them back on ten minutes later. :p :

Hazell B
23rd March 2010, 19:04
What had you done to provoke them into trying to arrest you?!

Short version ...

Car crash, recovery wagon on blind corner of 60mph road. Police officer standing in ditch telling jokes to recovery driver. Me almost hit by two on-coming cars attempting to pass wagon. Officer asked "Any chance of you doing your job?" and instead of doing job, he decided to confront me and shout at me. He got almost run over twice, I sat in my car with windows up. In the end he asked if I wanted to be arrested as I wasn't answering him, so I told him he was a fat f***** with a wonky beard and he started the arrest. When I pointed out he would need to tell his boss why I was sitting in a Range Rover asking him to do his job, he saw my point and backed off, only to be again almost hit by a passing lorry. He started to direct traffic again.

His boss found his story utterly implauseable and mine wholey believeable. Probably because the boss is a detective and the copper not :p :