PDA

View Full Version : I am the music man....

Sonic
18th March 2010, 12:47
Anyone else play an instrument(s)?

I've played the guitar for about 20 years now - mostly for fun, although I have been in a few bands.

What about you lovely people?

Brown, Jon Brow
18th March 2010, 12:59
Guitar for 3 years and Piano for 1.5 years.

Never palyed in a band though but have had a few jams with a bassist.

555-04Q2
18th March 2010, 14:48
I play the radio pretty well.

schmenke
18th March 2010, 15:15
Rock Band with my 5 year old :p : I'm on the Fender while she pounds away on the drums :D

Daniel
18th March 2010, 15:28
I play with myself and make beautiful music, does that count? :erm:

P.S I really am surprised that Schmenke hadn't already made this joke :mark:

schmenke
18th March 2010, 15:38
...P.S I really am surprised that Schmenke hadn't already made this joke :mark:

:arrows:

Brown, Jon Brow
18th March 2010, 16:02
I play with myself and make beautiful music, does that count? :erm:

P.S I really am surprised that Schmenke hadn't already made this joke :mark:

way to kill a thread

Daniel
18th March 2010, 16:08
way to kill a thread
Oh come on it's a joke. it happens everytime someone posts a "What instrument do you play" thread anywhere on the internet :)

Schmeke, I hope you didn't take offence to that btw, wasn't meant to offend :uhoh:

Brown, Jon Brow
18th March 2010, 16:41
Oh come on it's a joke. it happens everytime someone posts a "What instrument do you play" thread anywhere on the internet :)

I had to ask my mummy what it meant now i'm not allowed on here any more :mad:

:p

emporer_k
18th March 2010, 20:45
I play air guitar.

Sonic
18th March 2010, 21:02
I play air guitar.

I am much better at that than real guitar!

Sleeper
18th March 2010, 21:57
I have a 6 string bass, but I'm not that good at it.

Storm
19th March 2010, 08:26
I have 2 guitars - Fender Strat and an old acoustic. I had another one, an entry level Ibanez Gio which I sold off. I have been playing on and off as a hobby for a few years now but I am still not that good - playing metal is tough when you don't practice that much :s

We did have an musical instruments thread earlier, a search might be needed.

edit: http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123934

slinkster
19th March 2010, 18:01
I used to have Keyboard lessons when I was younger which taught me how to read music etc. I own two guitars, one being a beautiful electric samick but since leaving uni I very rarely play it anymore. We have about 6 guitars kicking about our house, which sadly don't get played all that much. :(

ShiftingGears
20th March 2010, 02:17
Guitarist. Should really start jamming more, as I have music written.

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 12:12
I play a mean Playstation3 :p :

52Paddy
21st March 2010, 00:39
Anyone else play an instrument(s)?

I've played the guitar for about 20 years now - mostly for fun, although I have been in a few bands.

What about you lovely people?

I play a variety. My main instrument is the tenor banjo but I play guitar (standard and DADGAD tunings), mandolin, mandola/bouzouki/cittern etc, tin whistle (properly) and wooden flute.

My main forté is Irish traditional music and I'm studying it at college at the moment. However I've a huge interest in a variety of genres including an array of other folk and world traditions, jazz (swing, be-bop, blues, soul), classic rock, 80s and 90s pop and reggae. Just a few to mention amongst many others that may not even fall into a genre. I've also an interest in music theory and ideologies so, yeah, music is pretty much my life at the moment and has been for the past few years :) I'm in a band but we haven't played together for a few months. We'll be doing some gigs in Dublin and surrounding counties over Easter, though, with a Swedish traditional band. And hopefully we'll visit them again soon to do the same over there.

Great to see more musicians on the board - keep up the good work dude :s mokin: