PDA

View Full Version : Most Improved Team - 2010

Sulland
17th March 2010, 18:35
What team will become the most improved one during 2010, calculated from qualifying and race ?

ioan
17th March 2010, 18:36
Ferrari.

Stuartf12007
17th March 2010, 18:39
Spyker

Sonic
17th March 2010, 19:41
Ferrari have done an amazing job turning the dog that was the F60 into the race winning F10 so my vote goes to them but an honorable mention to Force India who have continued their rise from tail end charlies into regular points runners.

F1boat
17th March 2010, 19:57
Ferrari.

UltimateDanGTR
17th March 2010, 21:19
*grumbles reluctantly*

Ferrari.

slorydn1
17th March 2010, 21:54
Ferrari :up:

gloomyDAY
17th March 2010, 21:58
Force India.

Tonio needs to work on qualifying because his race pace is dead-on.

CNR
17th March 2010, 23:11
(Ferrari should be excluded from this list as they started the devlement of this years car after about round 8)

toro rosso

Big Ben
18th March 2010, 13:24
ferrari

555-04Q2
18th March 2010, 14:41
Easy. Ferrari by a long shot.

truefan72
18th March 2010, 16:13
What team will become the most improved one during 2010, calculated from qualifying and race ?

If you are asking me to predict then I would say it will be Force India, Renault or Lotus.
To me voting for Ferrari would be like voting for Mclaren,
Ferrari won a race last year and finished 4th in the WCC one point behind Mclaren and Kimi finished 6th in the WDC one point behind Lewis. So it is hard to say that either team can merit the most improved mantle yet unless the ferrari or macs go on to dominate the season and destroy the competition.

I predict Force India will win a race, Renault will podium and Lotus will gets some solid points by the end of the year. If had to pick amongst those 3, I would say that Lotus will get that title.

Sulland
18th March 2010, 18:08
But thinking in seconds, is it not more probable that one of the new teams, in the back of the field will improve more than Ferrari ?

ioan
18th March 2010, 18:26
Putting aside teams with state of the art facilities, I would say Force India.

Huh?!
They were consistently in the top 10 last season, so where did they improve over that?

ioan
18th March 2010, 18:27
I predict Force India will win a race...

Forget it.

ioan
18th March 2010, 18:28
But thinking in seconds, is it not more probable that one of the new teams, in the back of the field will improve more than Ferrari ?

That's rather academic, dear Watson.

ioan
18th March 2010, 19:19
They only really had 2 points finishes last season and started the season in pretty mediocre form IMO. Their pace going into 2010 has been built on their impressive evolution from backmarker to midfield runner last year, and I'd like to credit them.

Its really only my opinion here and I'm not forcing anyone to applaud this particular effort.. :)

No need to get defensive. Learn to accept that others might question your POV, it's what we call a discussion.

ioan
18th March 2010, 21:17
I understand that and I justified my stance. I have no problem with your questioning which is why I put a smiley face at the end of my post.. (ref: :) )

In that case I have to admit that you are expressing yourself better with smiley than with words! :p

keysersoze
18th March 2010, 22:02
I read the question to mean who will be the most improved team during THIS season. I didn't see anything in the question about last season.

I'm going with Hispania.

truefan72
19th March 2010, 00:01
I read the question to mean who will be the most improved team during THIS season. I didn't see anything in the question about last season.

I'm going with Hispania.

lol
a safe bet since they can only but improve

F1boat
19th March 2010, 06:19
IMO it will be Lotus.

turismo6
19th March 2010, 10:14
Force India, but it will be interesting to see who can keep up with devolvement and who will throw in the towel and work on 2011

airshifter
19th March 2010, 14:47

I'm going with Hispania.

That is how I read the question as well.

As such I would have to say one of the new teams, as they have a lot more room to grow. I'll pick Lotus just for the sake of picking one.

And actually even if you view the question as most improved since last year, you would still have to pick a new team. After all, Lotus didn't manage to so much as turn a wheel in a 2009 GP!

jens
25th March 2010, 17:09
I see that the topic has been interpreted in various ways. :p : But let's answer in both ways!

Firstly, it depends, which period of 2009 are we comparing to, because the pecking order kept changing massively throughout the year. Compared to the end of '09 it looks like Force India has actually regressed instead of what some have thought here! Ferrari was often a podium car as well, although clearly not as good as they are now.

During 2010? Clearly Lotus. :p : They might trouble a few established teams by the end of the year, while being 2 secs per lap behind them at the moment.

keysersoze
27th March 2010, 12:41
Hispania within a second of Virgin already even though, one, Virgin arguably has better drivers and, two, Senna suffered reliability issues in Q1. Impressive. Lotus (with race-winners in their cockpit) is less than 1.5 seconds away.

woody2goody
28th March 2010, 15:30
Hispania have already improved a hell of a lot, although that may be a mileage issue more than anything else. Chandhok finished today, so reliability is improving.

Very impressed with Kovalainen so far this season - he's got every ounce of performance out of that car so far. Shame for Jarno though, it would have been nice to see both Loti :D going round the track.

Might as well mention Virgin - di Grassi re-passing Michael Schumacher was the highlight of the season so far, fantastic :)

52Paddy
29th March 2010, 02:51
Interpreting the question as: "Who will improve most during the course of the 2010 season", I would rather put it into three categories. Of the big contenders for drivers/constructors title (RBR, McL, Fer, Merc), I expect Red Bull to improve the most. Not with outright pace but in the reliability area. Mercedes I also expect to improve during the season but not enough to upset RBR.

Of the following bunch (Renault, F.I, Williams), it's a tough call between F.I and Renault. Between the two teams, I expect Renault (Kubica) to win a race before season's end and Petrov to score a couple of points. With F.I I expect more consistency but not many podiums.

Of the backmarkers (STR, Lotus, HRT, Virgin), most improved will have to go to Virgin. All four teams have already set a starting point for themselves and Lotus and HRT will increase their pace for sure. STR I expect to be more static and possibly even fall into the clutches of the newer teams. But I've picked Virgin because they're suffering reliability issues now and a fuel load problem. When those gremlins are ironed out and they can begin to focus on finishing races, that is already mountains of work done, even if they can't match the other two new boys (and I'm not saying that they won't).

race_director
29th March 2010, 07:32
i think for me its Force India for finishing in points both races , and Lotus for finishing both races. time for the loser to serve drinks on the plane . :)