PDA

View Full Version : Voices on TomTom

silverbackPR
17th March 2010, 14:39
Hi all

I'm just doing some research and wanted your thoughts, A group of us have been talking about how great it would be if we had Nicky's voice on our Tom Toms and Sat Navs. we all spent years listening to his voice whilst playing Colin McRae rally, how funny would it be if we could get him to make a funny comment if you missed your turning!

Maybe if enough of us get together we can talk him into it, (Mr. G. is interested!)

I have set up a group on facebook to see how much support we can get! see: "Nicky Grist's voice on TomTom & Sat Nav" and had some great replies!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Steve

Daniel
17th March 2010, 14:47
Hi all

I'm just doing some research and wanted your thoughts, A group of us have been talking about how great it would be if we had Nicky's voice on our Tom Toms and Sat Navs. we all spent years listening to his voice whilst playing Colin McRae rally, how funny would it be if we could get him to make a funny comment if you missed your turning!

Maybe if enough of us get together we can talk him into it, (Mr. G. is interested!)

I have set up a group on facebook to see how much support we can get! see: "Nicky Grist's voice on TomTom & Sat Nav" and had some great replies!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Steve
If you missed your turning you could have Colin saying something about the Welsh wizard :p

Jag_Warrior
17th March 2010, 17:38
Pretty cool idea! :up:

silverbackPR
17th March 2010, 17:50
If you missed your turning you could have Colin saying something about the Welsh wizard :p

We always remember the bad bits, you know his history well then! ;)

silverbackPR
18th March 2010, 12:21
Pretty cool idea! :up:

Cheers. :s mokin:

Daniel
18th March 2010, 12:34
We always remember the bad bits, you know his history well then! ;)
I do :) It was very strange seeing Ringer on the car after seeing Grist on it for so long after that incident.

Mark
18th March 2010, 13:16
I do :) It was very strange seeing Ringer on the car after seeing Grist on it for so long after that incident.

Until they stopped putting co-drivers names on :mad:

GridGirl
18th March 2010, 13:29
Whats wrong with Jane?

Daniel
18th March 2010, 13:31
Until they stopped putting co-drivers names on :mad:
Yeah. That really pissed off the pedants in the WRC forum. Whilst I didn't like it, I was painfully aware that at that stage 2 names on the side of the car was not the biggest problem for the WRC :rolleyes:

silverbackPR
18th March 2010, 14:46

They did drive together again, at least.

edv
18th March 2010, 15:32
In the US, you can get the voice of Snoop Dogg on GPS systems.

J4MIE
18th March 2010, 16:20
Garmin has a voice studio thing :D

Robinho
18th March 2010, 16:54
In the US, you can get the voice of Snoop Dogg on GPS systems.

why does snoop dogg carry an umbrella with him?

Fo Drizzle!

sorry :)

Daniel
18th March 2010, 17:02
why does snoop dogg carry an umbrella with him?

Fo Drizzle!

sorry :)
Care to explain for someone who doesn't get the reference? :)

silverbackPR
18th March 2010, 17:59

Agreed, I'm lost on that one, probably cause I'm old and only just know who he is!http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

airshifter
18th March 2010, 18:57
Strange, Nicky is what my wife calls the voice on her Garmin. We picked the Austalian womans voice because most of the others suck!

And for GPS fun, remember that your announced destination is based on the name of said destination. We realized this when my wife accidentally left a letter out while spelling "orthodontist" and got the attempt at pronouncing the word.

So if you want, you can name your favorte pub so it will announce "Now arriving at... A place to get waaaaay too drunk".

silverbackPR
19th March 2010, 22:14
Strange, Nicky is what my wife calls the voice on her Garmin. We picked the Austalian womans voice because most of the others suck!

And for GPS fun, remember that your announced destination is based on the name of said destination. We realized this when my wife accidentally left a letter out while spelling "orthodontist" and got the attempt at pronouncing the word.

So if you want, you can name your favorte pub so it will announce "Now arriving at... A place to get waaaaay too drunk".

Nice one

Robinho
19th March 2010, 22:23

its a sh!te joke at the best of times, so prepared to be underwhelmed as its explained!

Snoop, amongst other US Rappers, is credited with a lot of slang, one being "fo(r) Shizzle" meaning "for sure"

hence, why does he carry an umbrealla? "Fo Drizzle" being both similar sounding to slang "fo Shizzle" and for the actual purpose of being for the drizzle.

i've already got my coat, taxi is booked ;)

Daniel
19th March 2010, 23:04
I get it :p