PDA

View Full Version : Meeting your ex

Rudy Tamasz
16th March 2010, 08:02
This evening I have a meeting with my ex. We broke up six years ago and both had long term relationships since then. I am four years into my marriage. Recently we bumped into each other at a party and agreed to be on speaking terms again. I would like to be friends with her and would not mind having a coffee and chat once in while. Still, I am afraid that being single she will try to lay her claim on me again, which I would not fancy. What would you/did you do in such case?

EuroTroll
16th March 2010, 08:12
Dangerous territory. I wouldn't go if I were you. Plenty of other people to have coffee and chat with, no?

turves
16th March 2010, 08:35
...does your Mrs know?

Daniel
16th March 2010, 08:53
As long as your wife knows and is OK with it then I see no reason to do it. I almost became detached from my testicles when I met up with an ex and didn't tell the boss :mark:

Mark
16th March 2010, 08:54
This evening I have a meeting with my ex. We broke up six years ago and both had long term relationships since then. I am four years into my marriage. Recently we bumped into each other at a party and agreed to be on speaking terms again. I would like to be friends with her and would not mind having a coffee and chat once in while. Still, I am afraid that being single she will try to lay her claim on me again, which I would not fancy. What would you/did you do in such case?

If she was happily married for several years too, then perhaps. But since she is single NO! The womens code of honour will require that your wife kills your ex :mark:

Jag_Warrior
16th March 2010, 09:25
As best I can remember, I've never broken up with a girl and been on (civil) speaking terms with her after that. This is a foreign concept to me.

But if I had only been married for four years, there's no way in hell that I would be rekindling any sort of relationship with an ex. And there's no way in hell that I would allow my wife to rekindle any sort of relationship with her ex... unless children were involved.

I like peace & quiet. I don't like drama. And I try not to give drama the opportunity to come into my life. This has drama written all over it.

Just my 2 cents.

Brown, Jon Brow
16th March 2010, 09:36
I'm still civil with some of them. I talked to an ex yesterday in fact. :)

CaptainRaiden
16th March 2010, 10:03
Woohoo, extremely dangerous grounds. A woman's jealousy, especially if she's your wife and loves you very much, knows no bounds. My advice, stay away from your ex if you want a peaceful married life, and please don't tell your wife that you're meeting your ex for "coffee and chat." Her brain is gonna work overtime with creative ideas and scenarios, and when you come back, it's not gonna be pretty. :D

Daniel
16th March 2010, 10:07
I'm still civil with some of them. I talked to an ex yesterday in fact. :)
Yes but if you were married you woudn't be saying that. Your wife would be cracking the whip and you wouldn't be civil with ex's :p

Rudy Tamasz
16th March 2010, 10:27
As best I can remember, I've never broken up with a girl and been on (civil) speaking terms with her after that. This is a foreign concept to me.

But if I had only been married for four years, there's no way in hell that I would be rekindling any sort of relationship with an ex. And there's no way in hell that I would allow my wife to rekindle any sort of relationship with her ex... unless children were involved.

I like peace & quiet. I don't like drama. And I try not to give drama the opportunity to come into my life. This has drama written all over it.

Just my 2 cents.

If you like peace and quite, women aren't a good option to get it. But you are right. I don't want drama. Actually I have plenty of that already with my wife ;) and I don't need an overdose. I don't want to go back on my word and cancel the meeting, though. I guess if I do not cross certain lines I am gonna get out of there alive and then not go back again.

My wife isn't aware and doesn't need to be. Women are a jealous bunch. That very ex of mine hated my women co-workers just because they were, well, women. She would go 'Those chicks in your office, they are flirting with you! They are hanging 'round your neck!' Back in the office I was jokingly asking my colleagues "Why nobody's flirting with me? Nobody hanging 'round my neck?' That was funny. :)

Daniel
16th March 2010, 10:29
I guess if I do not cross certain lines I am gonna get out of there alive and then not go back again.

You don't know women do you? ;) :p

Your wife will know, she just will.

Mark
16th March 2010, 10:30
My wife isn't aware and doesn't need to be.

After your wife kills you, I'll suspend your forum account. Nice knowing you. :s

Rudy Tamasz
16th March 2010, 10:34

I'm not gonna ... you know what I mean. Just a coffee, I swear. ;)

Mark
16th March 2010, 10:37
Just a coffee, I swear. ;)

It will be the most expensive coffee you ever drink. :D

Daniel
16th March 2010, 10:37
Believe me though. If your wife finds out, even if you were only going for a coffee, in her mind you hid it from her because you wanted to cheat on her and you must die.

Rudy was a simple man, and didn't reckon on a knife in the back from his wife, he'll be very much missed on this forum :( :p

EuroTroll
16th March 2010, 10:58
Just a coffee, I swear. ;)

In addition to what's been said: I think you might be under the misapprehension that you have control over the situation. :D Unless you're superman, a woman will eventually get you into her bed if she wants to. Especially an ex because she has hooks in you that you don't even know about.

Women are far stronger and more cunning than men... Honestly, save yourself while you still can. Going back on your word is a very minor sin under the circs and it's a good way to blow her off conclusively. ;)

EuroTroll
16th March 2010, 11:07
Unless you're unhappy with your wife... In which case, you know.. go have coffee. :erm:

Brown, Jon Brow
16th March 2010, 11:12

I've never managed to hold onto a girlfriend for longer than 3 months and even I know this is a bad idea :p

CaptainRaiden
16th March 2010, 11:44
I don't want drama. Actually I have plenty of that already with my wife ;) and I don't need an overdose. I don't want to go back on my word and cancel the meeting, though. I guess if I do not cross certain lines I am gonna get out of there alive and then not go back again.

My wife isn't aware and doesn't need to be.

So, you say you have plenty of drama with your wife already, AND that she is jealous, plus the way she talked about the "chicks" in your office makes her fit the perfect description of a jealous, possessive wife, and YET you intend to go see your ex. This has DISASTER written all over it. :laugh: I hope your wife isn't some kung-fu expert, because the massacre would be even more painful. :(

Believe me, an unhappy ex because of a canceled meeting is a MUCH better scenario than a pissed off wife (if she finds out about it, and she will) for the rest of your life. Imagine this being brought up by her in every little fight from now on. (And that'd be the least of your worries ;) ).

Think from your head about this (the one with the brain in it) :p . Unless, of course, like studiose said, you are unhappy with how things are, then you're your own boss.

Daniel
16th March 2010, 11:55
I've never managed to hold onto a girlfriend for longer than 3 months and even I know this is a bad idea :p

Longest I had before I met Caroline was 2 months and 9 days :mark: 4 years and 6 months now :crazy:

Garry Walker
16th March 2010, 12:18
Don`t sex your ex, is all I can say.

turves
16th March 2010, 13:00

Even if it is just a coffee, if your wife finds out (and one way or another she will), she'll think you're dunking your biscuit!!!

GridGirl
16th March 2010, 13:35
It wouldn't bother me if my other half met any of his ex's. They are ex's for a reason. Although if he was meeting them suppose that I'd quite like to know about it.

I'm suprised that no one has yet asked why Rudy and the ex split up in the first place.

Daniel
16th March 2010, 13:38
It wouldn't bother me if my other half met any of his ex's. They are ex's for a reason. Although if he was meeting them suppose that I'd quite like to know about it.

I'm suprised that no one has yet asked why Rudy and the ex split up in the first place.
None of our business really tbh? :)

GridGirl
16th March 2010, 13:47
But theres a few posts on this thread that imply that Rudy would be doing the dirty on his wife. Maybe the replies would be different if Rudy was to say that it was the ex that broke up with him in a nasty way. You'd all be saying meet up for Coffee and tell her how much your life is better without her or whatever.

A few of the posts make me think you all think Rudy is a GloomyDay kinda guy...... :p

Daniel
16th March 2010, 13:51
But theres a few posts on this thread that imply that Rudy would be doing the dirty on his wife. Maybe the replies would be different if Rudy was to say that it was the ex that broke up with him in a nasty way. You'd all be saying meet up for Coffee and tell her how much your life is better without her or whatever.

A few of the posts make me think you all think Rudy is a GloomyDay kinda guy...... :p
Rudy doesn't sound like an "I'd hit it" type of guy to me :p He's just wet behind the ears and things that just having good intentions will make it all OK :p

EuroTroll
16th March 2010, 14:12

You know, I don't think your average man is capable of holding a grudge for six years. Unlike... :p :

My replies wouldn't have been different even if Rudy had said that.

Daniel
16th March 2010, 14:16
You know, I don't think your average man is capable of holding a grudge for six years. Unlike... :p :

My replies wouldn't have been different even if Rudy had said that.
I can hold a grudge for that long :p My first ex and I broke up about 9 years ago and I'm happy to hold my grudge :D

EuroTroll
16th March 2010, 14:23
I can hold a grudge for that long :p My first ex and I broke up about 9 years ago and I'm happy to hold my grudge :D

That's amazing. :p :

Daniel
16th March 2010, 15:05
That's amazing. :p :
She's worth it though. Monumental bitch she was. We were best of friends for a couple of years and just naturally grew closer. Anyhoo she basically just used me for ummm errr, well you know :uhoh: and then dumped my 2 days after a very nice Valentines day :confused: and a couple of days before I started university which was a nice start.

I think she was a bit mental tbh :mark: She claimed that she was the only member of her immediate family who wasn't on medication, tbh I think she needed some.

Rudy Tamasz
16th March 2010, 16:18
Okay, I don't hold grudges and it was me who initiated the split because I could not stand her anymore.

BTW, I canceled. She was upset. Now you folks owe me a collective coffee.

Daniel
16th March 2010, 16:23
Okay, I don't hold grudges and it was me who initiated the split because I could not stand her anymore.

What kind of an ex are you? :crazy: You've got to hold grudges, it's the done thing :D

EuroTroll
16th March 2010, 16:23

http://elouai.com/images/yahoo/44.gif

:up:

gloomyDAY
16th March 2010, 16:39

BTW, I canceled. She was upset. Now you folks owe me a collective coffee.I thought you were going to nail your ex-gf.

Lame! :down:

Daniel
16th March 2010, 16:40
I thought you were going to nail your ex-gf.

Lame!
This thread wasn't complete till you arrived :D

gloomyDAY
16th March 2010, 16:41
I think she was a bit mental tbh :mark: She claimed that she was the only member of her immediate family who wasn't on medication, tbh I think she needed some.I love the crazy chicks. They just need to get man handled and they're dynamite in the sack. Just gets really tedious to cope with their craziness after more than 2 months, so eventually I just axe the whole thing and call her friends.

This thread wasn't complete till you arrived :D :laugh:

Well, I just thought that since Rudy was opening the door, he should go in all the way.

Daniel
16th March 2010, 17:09
I love the crazy chicks. They just need to get man handled and they're dynamite in the sack. Just gets really tedious to cope with their craziness after more than 2 months, so eventually I just axe the whole thing and call her friends.

:laugh:

Well, I just thought that since Rudy was opening the door, he should go in all the way.
She wasn't dynamite in the sack though :mark: In Australia they call people like her "starfish" :p

slinkster
16th March 2010, 17:23
If this was all above board, why didn't your wife know about it?

You did the right thing cancelling. It was a dumb idea.

gloomyDAY
16th March 2010, 18:14
She wasn't dynamite in the sack though :mark: In Australia they call people like her "starfish" :p "Starfish."

Nice. Hope I don't get any of those anymore. :D

You did the right thing cancelling. It was a dumb idea.Yes, why didn't Rudy tell his wife? Because he was looking for some side play. We all have thoughts about it, but if we're in a relationship, and a good one at that, then you have a little more to think about.

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2010, 18:17
Rudy, if the wife is going to use a scalping knife on you for going if she finds out, then it was wise to stay away. This woman you wer meeting had designs on you....

AS for EX's...my ex wife is the only "EX" I have no time for. 10 years, 3 trips to court and thousands of dollars in legal fees.......a hit man would have been cheaper!!!

I can hold a grudge....damn right I can...

Daniel
16th March 2010, 18:20

You did the right thing cancelling. It was a dumb idea.
I'm sorry Slinkster but having done something similar and having no intentions other than meeting up for a chat I can see where Rudy's coming from. He wants to have his cake and eat it. He wants to meet up with the ex for some coffee and doesn't want his wife to kill him. He's mistaken! But he's not necessarily trying to hide anything bad as such......

gloomyDAY
16th March 2010, 18:26
I'm sorry Slinkster but having done something similar and having no intentions other than meeting up for a chat I can see where Rudy's coming from. He wants to have his cake and eat it. He wants to meet up with the ex for some coffee and doesn't want his wife to kill him. He's mistaken! But he's not necessarily trying to hide anything bad as such......Why would you want to be friend's with the ex-gf? I just think it's counterproductive to waste time on something that isn't going to work, especially if you're already in a relationship. Just let it go and focus on what's right in front of you.

I would be respectful to an ex-gf if we crossed paths, but other then that, they can stay the hell away from me.

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2010, 18:33
I'm sorry Slinkster but having done something similar and having no intentions other than meeting up for a chat I can see where Rudy's coming from. He wants to have his cake and eat it. He wants to meet up with the ex for some coffee and doesn't want his wife to kill him. He's mistaken! But he's not necessarily trying to hide anything bad as such......

Well at some point, the wife should give her man credit and not be so paranoid...so I can understand why Rudy is thinking "I wear the pants in this family, I can decide who I have coffee with". That said, looking for trouble is always trying to prove a point, where it doesn't need to be made.

Daniel
16th March 2010, 18:36
Well at some point, the wife should give her man credit and not be so paranoid...so I can understand why Rudy is thinking "I wear the pants in this family, I can decide who I have coffee with". That said, looking for trouble is always trying to prove a point, where it doesn't need to be made.
To be fair though, if he wants to meet up with her he shouldn't do a Daniel and try to hide it when there's nothing to hide.

Jag_Warrior
16th March 2010, 18:38

Good man. I'm still on very good terms with my ex-fiance's family (aunt) in Maryland - and we broke up about 15 years ago. But as for the ex, I don't wish her any harm, but as much as people have tried to get us back together... I have no interest in that, or even seeing her again. Once it's (really) over... in my book, it's over forever.

Imagine if you'd eventually fallen out with this woman after reconnecting as "friends". She could have easily called or texted your wife and made up all sorts of sillines, just to cause you grief. And your wife, not knowing that you'd just had an innocent coffee with this woman, wouldn't know what to think. She would just know that you kept her in the dark... and wonder why you felt the need to do that, if it was innocent. It would surely harm your relationship with her.

What you said on the previous page, about drama and relationships with women, is very true. But that's actually true of any human relationship (friends will want to borrow money or want you to do things for them, relatives will want to visit you when it's least convenient, jilted women will talk about keying your car, you get into an out-of-town relationship and find out that she's MARRIED, a friend's *drunk* wife plants a big kiss on you at a party and now it's weird to see her... and you're going out with her sister, etc., etc.).

The old saying is, if you want a (true) friend, buy a dog. I didn't even have to do that. A pretty black lab stray showed up at my house last summer when I was rather down in spirits. I'm not really a dog person, but I've let her stay - she's funny, goofy and very friendly... loads of fun (and she doesn't talk! :p : ). About the longest that I'll allow an unrelated (human) female to stay at this house is 72 hours. Think about getting a dog, my friend. :up:

Daniel
16th March 2010, 18:39
Why would you want to be friend's with the ex-gf? I just think it's counterproductive to waste time on something that isn't going to work, especially if you're already in a relationship. Just let it go and focus on what's right in front of you.

I would be respectful to an ex-gf if we crossed paths, but other then that, they can stay the hell away from me.
Perhaps not everything is about getting sex though? Some people can be friends because they want to be friends with people and find it rewarding?

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2010, 18:47
To be fair though, if he wants to meet up with her he shouldn't do a Daniel and try to hide it when there's nothing to hide.

Exactly.....sometimes the act of hiding the meeting is enough to put your boy's in the vise....not your intentions. It is all about appearences with women...

gloomyDAY
16th March 2010, 18:47
Perhaps not everything is about getting sex though? Some people can be friends because they want to be friends with people and find it rewarding?Absolutely! As long as it isn't with your ex-gf.

AJP
16th March 2010, 20:48
Thank you everyone for a fantastic and entertaining start to the day...

This thread has made me laugh like no other...

It's amazing how men unite around the world with the sole purpose of survival and keeping the peace...

well done chaps...

situation difused...

Rudy will live...

:)

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2010, 21:17
AJP, the boys couldn't let Rudy make a mistake. The Brotherhood has to stick together, because women all belong in the same Union, and they Grieve ALL our misdeeds!!!

Brown, Jon Brow
16th March 2010, 22:45
Why would you want to be friend's with the ex-gf? I just think it's counterproductive to waste time on something that isn't going to work, especially if you're already in a relationship. Just let it go and focus on what's right in front of you.

I sort of agree with this. I quite often see one of my exes in the pub and she always completely blanks me. Seems quite pathetic.

I love the crazy chicks. They just need to get man handled and they're dynamite in the sack. Just gets really tedious to cope with their craziness after more than 2 months, so eventually I just axe the whole thing and call her friends.

This is true! Although sadly i've not had many 'dynamite' girls, the ones that were dynamite were crazy. But annoying. :rolleyes:

driveace
16th March 2010, 22:45
Been divorced from my Ex for 35 years,in that 35 years the ONLY words we have spoke to each other,was "hello".
That was at a funeral,She told our joint children ,that I was a "Kelly",,for those who dont know what a Kelly is,its a toy that you knock over ,but stands back up again.
She hated the fact that after she took everything I had,that i could get back up,and be financially secure again.

Rudy Tamasz
17th March 2010, 07:40
Yes, why didn't Rudy tell his wife? Because he was looking for some side play. We all have thoughts about it, but if we're in a relationship, and a good one at that, then you have a little more to think about.

I don't want to look more innocent that I actually am. ;) Certain things were very good between my ex and me and even reemerged sporadically after we officially split and despite the fact that we could not stand each other. Yet this time my intentions did not go beyond a cofee and a chat.

bluegem280
17th March 2010, 10:09
I never get in touch with them anymore since we're separated, I think it's harmless to make friends with your exes, you only need to treat them like your average friends, if you met them by coincidence just say to them 'hello' and 'how are you', no need to avoid meeting them. I think they will understand that you have your own life. But not close friends, don't try to meet them on purpose, usually we miss moment with close friends and want to meet them to have some coffee and cigar, chat and make a lot of fun.

slinkster
17th March 2010, 11:31
I don't see the point. If you know your wife will have a problem with it, then it's a huge mistake to do this behind her back rather than just tell her that you're going to meet your ex.

Wierdly, I agree with gloomyday on this. It's pointless. It could stir up feelings that are best left alone.

There's only one reason I'd meet up with my ex- and it's not something I would consider unless I was single. ;)

Daniel
17th March 2010, 11:58
I don't see why everyone doesn't see the point of meeting an ex. Unless of course you split on really bad terms it's nice to keep in touch and see how the other person is going because unless it ended up really badly and you never want to hear from that person again most people will still care enough to want to know that the person is OK and doing well etc etc.

EuroTroll
17th March 2010, 12:40
I don't see why everyone doesn't see the point of meeting an ex. Unless of course you split on really bad terms it's nice to keep in touch and see how the other person is going because unless it ended up really badly and you never want to hear from that person again most people will still care enough to want to know that the person is OK and doing well etc etc.

Well, because... women are really boring. Why suffer through the tedium of hearing them talk about their lives when you can get the essential info from friends? There's no point in that at all. Unless you're looking to get your card stamped.

Daniel
17th March 2010, 12:42
Well, because... women are really boring. Why suffer through the tedium of hearing them talk about their life when you can get the essential info from friends? There's no point in that at all. Unless you're looking to get your card stamped.
LOL card stamped :D Classic :up:

I must admit it's kinda nice to say "Oh you got dumped? :( Ah well plenty more fish in the sea etc etc, I'm happy, have been with so and so for a few years now :p " *snigger*

Les
17th March 2010, 12:43

The only reason to meet your ex is to do something physical - anything and everything else can be done by phone or email.

You are naive to think your wife won't find out and when she does the first thing she will ask is why didn't you tell her.... and you have not got an answer that won't dig a bigger and deeper hole.

EuroTroll
17th March 2010, 12:54
LOL card stamped :D Classic :up:

Sure is, but I can't take credit for it. Del Boy. ;)

Daniel
17th March 2010, 12:54
The only reason to meet your ex is to do something physical - anything and everything else can be done by phone or email.

You are naive to think your wife won't find out and when she does the first thing she will ask is why didn't you tell her.... and you have not got an answer that won't dig a bigger and deeper hole.
Is it? :confused: I managed to meet up with an ex and not have anything physical happen?

I'm all for communication by phone and by email but sometimes seeing someone face to face is good. I'm going to a stag weekend in a week and a bit. Should be all sit at home on msn with webcams instead? :confused: Whilst I'm the sort of person who can hold a grudge I can also sometimes be sensible and just realise that what happened happened for a reason and if I'm happy with things now why shouldn't I just be friends with someone?

gloomyDAY
17th March 2010, 14:57
Wierdly, I agree with gloomyday on this.Well, at least I know the world is going to end today.

Well, because... women are really boring. Why suffer through the tedium of hearing them talk about their lives when you can get the essential info from friends? There's no point in that at all. Unless you're looking to get your card stamped. :laugh: I just woke up my brother by laughing!

Is it? :confused: I managed to meet up with an ex and not have anything physical happen?

I'm all for communication by phone and by email but sometimes seeing someone face to face is good. I'm going to a stag weekend in a week and a bit. Should be all sit at home on msn with webcams instead? :confused: Whilst I'm the sort of person who can hold a grudge I can also sometimes be sensible and just realise that what happened happened for a reason and if I'm happy with things now why shouldn't I just be friends with someone?The rules are different with an ex-gf. You know that Daniel. There is a set of guidelines to friendship, which happens to be skewed if you previously slept with that "friend".

Now I know that you went out for some coffee and a chat with the ex, and no monkey business. At the same time you'll have this clout of guilt if you're in a relationship, especially if your current gf doesn't know about this engagement (I'm sure you told your gf and that's how she found out). My point is that there is a very big difference between having a friend that's a female and hanging out, and having an ex-gf that just keeps hovering around you.

One last thing. The main reason that I keep ex-gf's at a distance is because women are inherently very jealous creatures, more so than men. If they can't have you, then they'll throw a wrench into any type of relationship that you're trying to seek with someone else.

If you bail, then you bail. Don't look back!

slorydn1
17th March 2010, 21:29
I just remind myself that Slorydn2 carries a .357 magnum AND KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!! That by itself is more than enough to keep me from chatting with ANY ex's!!!!!! :p :

Stuartf12007
17th March 2010, 22:35
Never ever meet an Ex you are better without them.

Mark in Oshawa
17th March 2010, 22:37
The reference to "getting one's card stamped" had me laughing out loud as well....

Around here, my buddies and I usually refer it to getting one's "oil changed"......

bluegem280
18th March 2010, 06:43
No oil changed, we might only do fuel exchange...
seriously we only traded a book, write up something together, but if we meet again it's enough to cause great tenderness.

Rudy Tamasz
18th March 2010, 10:07
No oil changed, we might only do fuel exchange...
seriously we only traded a book, write up something together, but if we meet again it's enough to cause great tenderness.

That's what ultimately stopped me from meeting with her this time. She could imagine that I am tired with my family life and looking for something different and that something would be her. I am good friends with some women but in this case friendship would be difficult. I came to that conclusion upon some reflection induced by your honest attempts, my friends, to save me from myself. :)

gadjo_dilo
18th March 2010, 12:24

You don't know women do you?

A real wife will know even if the husband is innocent and doesn't see his ex. :laugh:

And I guess she is right. :laugh:

Brown, Jon Brow
18th March 2010, 12:30
All these rules about what you are and are not allowed to do are really putting me off ever having a long term realationship :laugh:

EuroTroll
18th March 2010, 14:40
All these rules about what you are and are not allowed to do are really putting me off ever having a long term realationship :laugh:

:up:

You gotta think it through. What works best for you, what do you really want. Nowadays with women pretty much as unconstrained as men, it's perfectly possible to have a great and fun life being single. Me, I don't plan to be in a relationship ever again. Of course, that doesn't mean that I never will be. The enemy is well motivated and far better armed. Keep that in mind!

And also keep in mind stories like Mark's and Driveace's. You don't know how many guys there are out there who wish they could plead insanity for the day they put their hancock on that particular dotted line. Lots!

bluegem280
6th April 2011, 08:54
The reference to "getting one's card stamped" had me laughing out loud as well....

Around here, my buddies and I usually refer it to getting one's "oil changed"......

hadn't seen Mark quite a while, being busy with cars, oil changed?... ;)

markabilly
6th April 2011, 13:22
If she was happily married for several years too, then perhaps. But since she is single NO! The womens code of honour will require that your wife kills your ex :mark:

or kills you....or kills both of you.....or runs off with one of her ex's......

OTOH, you could invite the ex over for a threesome. Did that once and it worked out well, until they decided to run off together without me......Donkey's momma was never much on being loyal :mad:

Roamy
6th April 2011, 16:15

You will find the same reason you left is still there. Have the coffee and it won't go anywhere

Rudy Tamasz
7th April 2011, 10:02
Roamy, it's been a while since we last discussed that story. A lot of things happened since then. To put it in a politically correct manner ;) I remain fully committed to my family.

markabilly
7th April 2011, 10:42

That is nothing.

Wait until you get married, and discover that the rules turn into laws of a more numerous, complex and universal nature that have draconian punishments for failing to adhere.

And unlike laws where you have to actually do something to break them, with clarity required to be enforceable, the more frequent offense is to fail to do something in a timely and proper manner as determined ex post facto.

And when you want to know what you did wrong, you are now in even worse trouble.... :eek:

Daniel
7th April 2011, 11:13
That is nothing.

Wait until you get married, and discover that the rules turn into laws of a more numerous, complex and universal nature that have draconian punishments for failing to adhere.

And unlike laws where you have to actually do something to break them, with clarity required to be enforceable, the more frequent offense is to fail to do something in a timely and proper manner as determined ex post facto.

And when you want to know what you did wrong, you are now in even worse trouble.... :eek:

You make marriage sound like F1 :p

555-04Q2
7th April 2011, 11:54
You make marriage sound like F1 :p

He's not far off the mark!!!

My wife changed shorltly after we got married, and changed again when our kids were born.

MrJan
7th April 2011, 12:08
He's not far off the mark!!!

My wife changed shorltly after we got married, and changed again when our kids were born.

And then she changed her name to Lotus?

555-04Q2
7th April 2011, 12:41

She changed her name to NO! Or maybe that's what she calls me now cause thats all I ever hear :p :

Rudy Tamasz
7th April 2011, 13:20
She changed her name to NO! Or maybe that's what she calls me now cause thats all I ever hear :p :

Took her a long time to figure it out. My son barely learned to speak when he understood that "no" is the most useful and efficient word in human communication. :)

Zeakiwi
7th April 2011, 21:30

A possible change to HRT later in life ?

Mark in Oshawa
10th April 2011, 09:06
hadn't seen Mark quite a while, being busy with cars, oil changed?... ;)

Got my oil changed a few times. No...just working a different shift and I don't get on the computer that often. Back to driving truck and at it 12 hours a day but home every night, but I can talk to you guys, or talk to my wife. Sometimes the wife may not be more intersting per se, but she is interesting enough, and when the wink and a nod come into the conversation, well then card stamping and oil changes happen. Sooooooooo.....

Ya..I am still around..