PDA

View Full Version : Woman aims to be the fattest person in the world

harsha
15th March 2010, 14:19
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/1027360/woman-aims-to-become-worlds-fattest

An obese mother in the US is trying to put on weight in order to become the world's fattest woman.

Donna Simpson, from New Jersey, weighs 273kg but told the Daily Mail newspaper she had her heart set on reaching her goal weight of 1000lb (450kg) in two years.

The 42-year-old already holds the title of the world's fattest mother after giving birth to her daughter in 2007 when she weighed 241kg.

"I'd love to be 1000lb ... it might be hard though, running after my daughter keeps my weight down," Ms Simpson told the Daily Mail.

Ms Simpson, who needs a mobility scooter to go shopping, eats huge amounts of junk food each week and tries to move as little as possible so she doesn't burn off as many calories.

"I do love cakes and sweet things, doughnuts are my favourite," she said.

Ms Simpson said she also loved eating sushi and would often eat 70 big pieces in one go.

Her 49-year-old partner Philippe — who she met on a dating site for plus-size people — was encouraging her to reach her goal, she said.

"I think he'd like it if I was bigger ... he's a real belly man and completely supports me," she said.

To put on enough weight, Ms Simpson will need to eat 12,000 calories a day, which is six times the recommended daily intake for women.

In order to pay for the enormous amounts of food she is eating — her weekly grocery bill is $815 — Ms Simpson makes money by running a website where men pay to watch her consume fast food.

------------

what a utter waste of resources :eek:

Donney
15th March 2010, 15:29
It has to be a joke.

harsha
15th March 2010, 15:46
surely she has to realize that what she eats in a month probably will be enough to feed 5-6 families for more than a year

Daniel
15th March 2010, 15:52
It has to be a joke.
Ditto.

I bet she'd have some good crackling though.

Azumanga Davo
15th March 2010, 16:23
I think it's only fair the hospital bed should go to someone else when she has health problems thanks to this silly obsession.

Hate to say it, but that is what she wants.

christophulus
15th March 2010, 16:44
In order to pay for the enormous amounts of food she is eating — her weekly grocery bill is $815 — Ms Simpson makes money by running a website where men pay to watch her consume fast food.

At first I thought this was something from the Onion. Now though, I am literally speechless :eek:

BeansBeansBeans
15th March 2010, 19:50
Personally, I'm glad people like Ms Simpson exist, if only the for the fact that they outrage Daily Mail readers.

BeansBeansBeans
15th March 2010, 20:00
What a ridiculous mindset for a human being...

Indeed. In fact, one could be forgiven for thinking that she was mentally ill and perhaps an undeserving target for our ridicule.

BDunnell
15th March 2010, 20:52
Indeed. In fact, one could be forgiven for thinking that she was mentally ill and perhaps an undeserving target for our ridicule.

Quite right.

Sonic
15th March 2010, 20:56
Well its good to have an ambition. :rolleyes:

BDunnell
15th March 2010, 21:19
Sorry I didn't realise she was mentally ill, as it makes no reference to this in the article. Maybe they should have added something as important as that, but thats journo's for you. Still she's successfully marketing her habit by running her own website and charging people to watch a webcam of her consuming vast amounts of food. She might be mental but she certainly isn't stupid on the financial front... :)

Most people who suffer from a mental illness don't realise it and certainly don't go around publicising the fact. I would agree that her actions are not those of someone on a completely even keel.

Mark in Oshawa
15th March 2010, 21:38
Ben...it isn't against the law in the UK or the US I suspect to be suffering from a mental illness. She is clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic. The people who need to be really chastised at the family members who aid and abet this obsession.

BDunnell
15th March 2010, 22:19
Ben...it isn't against the law in the UK or the US I suspect to be suffering from a mental illness. She is clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic. The people who need to be really chastised at the family members who aid and abet this obsession.

I'm sure they do too, but that shouldn't prevent anyone from saying it's wrong to make fun of her situation. I'd rather not know about her.

BeansBeansBeans
15th March 2010, 22:20
Sorry I didn't realise she was mentally ill, as it makes no reference to this in the article. Maybe they should have added something as important as that, but thats journo's for you.

She may not be mentally ill, that's just the conclusion I reached on reading the article.

Azumanga Davo
16th March 2010, 05:17
She is clearly a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

But she ate those. :D

harsha
16th March 2010, 08:20
I fail to get even the slightest pity for her esp as I know a lot of people (including myself) do try to regulate our weight...

BeansBeansBeans
16th March 2010, 11:17
An article of this nature about an anorexic person would create uproar. It strikes be that some eating disorders are more sympathetically regarded than others.

Daniel
16th March 2010, 11:25
An article of this nature about an anorexic person would create uproar. It strikes be that some eating disorders are more sympathetically regarded than others.
Yes but this woman is making a conscious effort to eat herself to death AND she's publicising it :mark:

BeansBeansBeans
16th March 2010, 11:26
Yes but this woman is making a conscious effort to eat herself to death AND she's publicising it :mark:

Whereas anorexics make a conscious effort to starve themselves to death and some also publish it. Two sides of the same coin, as far as I'm concerned.

Garry Walker
16th March 2010, 12:19
ah another useful member of the society.

Daniel
16th March 2010, 12:23
Whereas anorexics make a conscious effort to starve themselves to death and some also publish it. Two sides of the same coin, as far as I'm concerned.
I think there's a difference between someone who comes out and says "I want to be the fattest piece of lard in the world" and someone who upchucks every meal and has their picture taken. If someone was coming out and saying "I want to be the boniest thing ever! I want to weigh 30kg's!" then I could understand but I've not seen anyone say that.

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2010, 18:02

I am flummoxed by Anorexics as well. Either way, it is a stupid behaviour that should be stopped but people have free will....and it is a psychological disorder. I do know this much, people take more shots at fat people than skinny.....

BDunnell
16th March 2010, 19:12

In which case, the media should be more responsible and not publicise it, out of respect for someone who may well be suffering from a psychological disorder.

Daniel
16th March 2010, 19:29
Very true. It's the daily mail though

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2010, 20:22
In which case, the media should be more responsible and not publicise it, out of respect for someone who may well be suffering from a psychological disorder.

If not the Mail, someone would have picked up the story. It was in the press over here, and was talk show fodder Monday AM when I was out running my wife around town. The thing is, media rarely shows any restraint on stories like this. They used to, but they don't now.

The need for everyone to try to get their 15 minutes of fame is insane, and THAT is what is driving a lot of this crap....

Captain VXR
16th March 2010, 22:05
she should be forced to visit somewhere like Eritrea before she eats all that food :mad:

harsha
23rd March 2010, 13:40
she should be forced to visit somewhere like Eritrea before she eats all that food :mad:

my sentiments exactly , there are people dying of hunger and she's trying to stuff herself

Alfa Fan
23rd March 2010, 14:44
Not that stupid argument AGAIN. :rolleyes:

306 Cosworth
23rd March 2010, 17:30
I feel sorry for their child. Hopefully social services will step in as the fatter she gets the less she'll be able to move, and then she'll be unfit to be a mother!

Langdale Forest
23rd March 2010, 18:12

100% agree. :)
People are starving and she is makeing things even worse.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd March 2010, 18:40
I feel sorry for their child. Hopefully social services will step in as the fatter she gets the less she'll be able to move, and then she'll be unfit to be a mother!

The sad reality is her child doesn't seem to matter to this dingbat. The kid however probably loves his mother uncondtionally....

Captain VXR
25th March 2010, 16:23
Not that stupid argument AGAIN. :rolleyes:

How is it stupid?
There are millions if not billions of people starving yet this oxygen thief wants to stuff her trap full of food :mad:

Mark in Oshawa
25th March 2010, 17:12
Captain, if she has the money and her family is dumb enough to enable her to do this "feat", then she is free to do so. I just wish the media were free enough to Not give her any air time, publicity or talk about her. Maybe after she succumbs to death they can mention about how foolish this woman is. We will live in a dark society indeed tho where someone in an office can make the call and intervene tho.

Captain VXR
25th March 2010, 22:01
Captain, if she has the money and her family is dumb enough to enable her to do this "feat", then she is free to do so. I just wish the media were free enough to Not give her any air time, publicity or talk about her. Maybe after she succumbs to death they can mention about how foolish this woman is. We will live in a dark society indeed tho where someone in an office can make the call and intervene tho.

Or she should be locked in a padded cell until her delusion passes :)