PDA

View Full Version : 2010 F1 Australian Grand Prix official thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Dave B
28th March 2010, 08:49
Oh Mark, why oh why? It was obvious that Lewis was going to make a marginal move, why did you get involved?

Brilliant tactical and skillful win from Jenson, and a marker laid down with his praise for the team while Lewis slags them off over the radio.

gloomyDAY
28th March 2010, 08:49
Red Bull had an awful race.

Bad strategy (1st pit stop to slicks), Vettel throws another win to the wind due to brake failure, and Webber goes around punting people off the track. Terrible!

ioan
28th March 2010, 08:50
Good drive by Button. Chandok finished the race for Hispania too, 5 laps down.

Agree, pleasantly surprised by Button's result. Great result for Chandhok.

ioan
Could have got them. Could. Not a dead cert but we'll never know.

My bad.

Garry Walker
Oh Mark, why oh why? It was obvious that Lewis was going to make a marginal move, why did you get involved?

Brilliant tactical and skillful win from Jenson, and a marker laid down with his praise for the team while Lewis slags them off over the radio.

Lewis has every right to be angry.

Imagine, Button won because he was so incompetent in rain.

ArrowsFA1
Great drive by Kubica as well getting that Renault onto the podium :up:

Dave B
28th March 2010, 08:51
Let's not exaggerate.
I think it was a distinct possibility. Yes Lewis had tyre problems but it was obvious that so did both Ferraris. I'm pretty sure he could have got Alonso if not Massa.

BBC confirming that the tyre call was Jenson's :D

Garry Walker
28th March 2010, 08:51
I think it was a distinct possibility. Yes Lewis had tyre problems but it was obvious that so did both Ferraris. I'm pretty sure he could have got Alonso if not Massa.

BBC confirming that the tyre call was Jenson's :D

Any idiot from the lead would NOT have pitted in that situation.

ioan
28th March 2010, 08:52

Let's be honest and say that Hamilton had the right to slag them off as he could have been 2nd if not for the additional pit stop, and he had his tires in best shape out the front runners when they decided to bring him in for new ones.

gloomyDAY
28th March 2010, 08:54

Imagine, Button won because he was so incompetent in rain.Reminds me of Hamilton's win at Monaco.
Hammy won because he slid off the road.

Garry Walker
28th March 2010, 08:54
Let's be honest and say that Hamilton had the right to slag them off as he could have been 2nd if not for the additional pit stop, and he had his tires in best shape out the front runners when they decided to bring him in for new ones.

Could he have overtaken Kubica? Not sure, but he sure had a reason to be angry at them. That was a pretty stupid pitstop.

Garry Walker
28th March 2010, 08:55
Reminds me of Hamilton's win in Monaco. Hammy won because of his incompetence.

2008? Yeah, i did not like it that you can crash and get something positive out of that.

I guess the only difference is that back there ham was faster than his teammate, button today wasnt.

ioan
28th March 2010, 08:56

:D

ioan
28th March 2010, 08:57
Could he have overtaken Kubica? Not sure, but he sure had a reason to be angry at them. That was a pretty stupid pitstop.

At least he was in a position to pressure Kubica and with 15 laps remaining he had enough time to try.

Garry Walker
28th March 2010, 08:58
At least he was in a position to pressure Kubica and with 15 laps remaining he had enough time to try.

Agreed, it was actually 20 laps I think.

ArrowsFA1
28th March 2010, 08:58
...a marker laid down with his praise for the team while Lewis slags them off over the radio.
Not too surprising given JB won and LH was quick enough to be there or there abouts but ended up 6th. Whitmarsh has just said a team call "disadvantaged Lewis" so I think Hamilton's frustration is understandable.

"Incompetent" is not a word that deserves to be used in connection with JB's drive in anyway today.

Robinho
28th March 2010, 08:59
not quite sure how Massa ended up 3rd, for large portion sof the race he looked like he couldn't keep it on the track and was giving a lot of apexes a lot of room, but still was quick enough to keep Alonso behind.

it looked like Hamilton would possibly have got Alonso, Alonso was all locked up and out of position going into the corner, Hamilton would have been on for a good exit if Webber hadn't arrived at an unsustainable speed.

robbed of us a grandstand final 2 laps with Hamilton and Webber trying to fight past.

great drive from Kubica to hang on to 2nd

P3ws
28th March 2010, 09:00
Very impressive win by JB. Congratulation!!!
Im im not surprised, his drivingstyle is very economic on tyres. Watch out for him in Monaco.

Garry Walker
28th March 2010, 09:00
"Incompetent" is not a word that deserves to be used in connection with JB's drive in anyway today.

did you miss how slow Button was in the rain in the first few laps? How hamilton overtook him with ease? He knew he was getting destroyed, so he had no other option than pit. In poker terms, he sucked out

ShiftingGears
28th March 2010, 09:01

By the same token, Schumacher won his first grand prix because he couldn't stay on the road.

And great drive by Kubica.

truefan72
28th March 2010, 09:02

wow!

agreed

It was a race of tactics, kubica, alonso, massa and button won out
it is amazing that those tyres lasted 50 laps and still put better times in towards the end.

anyway it is only the second race and I can live with this result for hamilton. but 2nd place was definatlely in the cards. oh well.

At least we know the mclaren race pace is very good.

F1boat
28th March 2010, 09:02
did you miss how slow Button was in the rain in the first few laps? How hamilton overtook him with ease? He knew he was getting destroyed, so he had no other option than pit. In poker terms, he sucked out

Who cares? Jenson P1 Lewis P6. The rest is hater's stuff.

F1boat
28th March 2010, 09:03
Very impressive win by JB. Congratulation!!!
Im im not surprised, his drivingstyle is very economic on tyres. Watch out for him in Monaco.

Yes. His advantage with this was enormous.

christophulus
28th March 2010, 09:06
The disappointing thing is that Hamilton's second stop would have been absolutely the right call, if he was just able to follow the Ferraris through the last corner. I think Hamilton's at least partly to blame though (along with the aero), as if he'd just stayed patient through the first chicane he could've had a better chance at turn 3. Instead he just seemed to lose his cool.

Anyway, overtaking is possible, even without rain. Who knew? :p

truefan72
28th March 2010, 09:07
Not too surprising given JB won and LH was quick enough to be there or there abouts but ended up 6th. Whitmarsh has just said a team call "disadvantaged Lewis" so I think Hamilton's frustration is understandable.

it was a good win for JB albeit a bit lucky. If you look at the lap times, Hamilton was quicker than button in all but 2 laps of the race. I am actually still confident that Hamilton has the measure of button.

btw

Congrats to kubica and Renault. what an amazing result for them

Valve Bounce
28th March 2010, 09:09
Who was it who said Bahrain was a better race than Albert Park would be? Pass the Saint another tissue. He dumped Bunsen for Alonso, but the Bunsen shone brightest.

christophulus
28th March 2010, 09:13
Watching the highlights now with Kobayashi's crash at the start. Did the front wing fail or did he hit something first? If it failed again then Sauber have problems (not to mention the fact he took out Buemi and Hulkenberg at the same time).

Dave B
28th March 2010, 09:17
Watching the highlights now with Kobayashi's crash at the start. Did the front wing fail or did he hit something first?
He told 5Live that he didn't know what had happened and certainly wasn't aware of hitting anything. At this stage it does look like another failure :s

ArrowsFA1
28th March 2010, 09:20
...I am actually still confident that Hamilton has the measure of button.
It's going to be very interesting to see how they stack up against each other over the course of the season. Like you, I think Hamilton has the edge, but by winning McLaren's first race of the year Button has put a marker down.

Robinho
28th March 2010, 09:21
Webber and Hamilton were both clear of Massa at one point, but webber would not give up the place and took them both off and they ended up behind again, Webber made so many mistakes losing places and fighting too hard today.

Dave B
28th March 2010, 09:23
You know those stereotypes which would have us believe that Jenson is unspectaular but easy on his tyres, while Lewis is a quicker driver but prone to aggression and mistakes?

Hmmm.....

F1boat
28th March 2010, 09:24
You know those stereotypes which would have us believe that Jenson is unspectaular but easy on his tyres, while Lewis is a quicker driver but prone to aggression and mistakes?

Hmmm.....

Ahah :)

Shifter
28th March 2010, 09:27
Brilliant call by Button and a brilliant drive by Kubica!

Robinho
28th March 2010, 09:42
looking at the reply of the Alonso, Hamilton, Webber incident, Hamilton would have been through on Alonso on the exit.

Alonso had gone deep and ran wide, Hamilton was in the process of cutting back to the inside to pass when Webber hit him.

Rosberg was behind both Hamilton and Webber and he nearly got Alonso on the exit.

Valve Bounce
28th March 2010, 09:57
Agree, pleasantly surprised by Button's result. .

Maybe we should now call him "the flying curbstone". :p :

Josti
28th March 2010, 10:00
Great race, this should have been the season opener, would have saved us all the fuss after Bahrain.

I'm very happy for Kubica and Renault, great drive.

F1boat
28th March 2010, 10:05
Yes. Oz is a great track, with great racing. One of the best races in the calendar. Actually this was possibly one of the best races I've ever seen, had everything, overtaking, rain, great defensing driving, drama, surprises and a very cool winner. :)

ShiftingGears
28th March 2010, 10:08
It was indeed a great race. Should've been the season opener!

steveaki13
28th March 2010, 10:57
Yes shame it couldn't have been the season opener.

ioan
28th March 2010, 11:03
Anyway, overtaking is possible, even without rain.

Where?

ioan
28th March 2010, 11:04
Maybe we should now call him "the flying curbstone". :p :

Let's not get carried away he was not one bit faster than Hamilton or Vettel today, au contraire.

F1boat
28th March 2010, 11:07
But he won and where are they? :)

Dave B
28th March 2010, 11:10
I love this delusion that some people have which says it should always be the fastest person who wins. It's as much a tactical sport as anything else, and if you can't understand that you're probably watching the wrong sport.

F1boat
28th March 2010, 11:19
I love this delusion that some people have which says it should always be the fastest person who wins. It's as much a tactical sport as anything else, and if you can't understand that you're probably watching the wrong sport.

Yes, I agree. You have to be smart as well.

HereIam
28th March 2010, 11:37
Where?

Absolutely! In the dry, there was no overtaking... Schumi had to bang wheels with AlguesramxaSLjasxlAJS whatever his name is (lol) to pass him...

Don't sing victory too soon... it's impossible to pass in the dry...

m.lowe
28th March 2010, 12:02
well done to JB, gutted for LH
I hope Virgin Racing get sorted and what the hell was Mad Max Weber upto? racing to "Thunderdome?"

spudrsca
28th March 2010, 12:14
Two years in a row that Mclaren ruins the race of Lewis in Australia.

Valve Bounce
28th March 2010, 12:36
Let's not get carried away he was not one bit faster than Hamilton or Vettel today, au contraire.

He didn't have to be faster - he made the right call, and won. My point is that we may have been a little harsh on bunsen calling him a curbstone, hence the flying bit.

VkmSpouge
28th March 2010, 12:57
Good fun race today after the bore-fest of Bahrain.

Jenson Button was a deserving race winner today, he drove superbly and made the right call to switch to dry tyres at the right time. Sebastian Vettel was again really unfortunate that an issue with his car cost him another potential race win, instead 50 points he has 12.
Could easily have been a McLaren one-two had the team made the right call with Lewis Hamilton's pitstop strategy. Robert Kubica got a great second place that was made by his fantastic start. Felipe Massa's start also helped him to a good third place, keeping him in second place in the championship. I think Alonso was the quicker of the two Ferraris but Massa had the all-important track position.
It was fun seeing Jaime Alguersuari and Lucas di Grassi scrapping it out with Michael Schumacher, a great moment seeing the Virgin re-passing the Mercedes :D

Robinho
28th March 2010, 14:01
he was the fastest - he completed the distance in the shortest time, therefore he was fastest!

Dave B
28th March 2010, 14:15
Ioan, if they ever start giving bonus points according to your winning margin then I'll back you all the way. But for 60 years it hasn't mattered if you win by an inch or a mile.

Did you ever read the fable of the tortoise and the hare as a child? :p

Triumph
28th March 2010, 14:19
Excellent race today! Well done Jenson! Shame that Lewis had his race messed up by the strategy, but it was a good performance by him nonetheless.

UltimateDanGTR
28th March 2010, 14:29
best race in a couple of years I'd say today. great racing, bit of rain, incidents, some overtaking, and a whole load of unpredictability! and a winner in a Mclaren! I couldnt decide on who I thought was gonna win this race today until Lewis made his second stop and then Button became my most obvious prediction, that says it all really.

maybe Lewis was robbed by his team today, but maybe he should have said no i want to stay out, whatever, I do think Mclaren got that one wrong, as Lewis could've won today IMO.

well done Alonso aswell, dead last to 4th not bad at all!

Webber had a scrappy race today, culminating in punting off Hamilton. I feel sorry for his team mate today, but there's always one at red bull who has bad luck in a particular race. or so it seems.

but congratulations to the bunsen burner, brilliant call and brilliantly cool head to create a brilliantly cool drive.

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 15:00
Who cares? Jenson P1 Lewis P6. The rest is hater's stuff.

Do you really expect anything less here?

Ain't Jense great!
See him racing down the straight!
Now I ask you very incidentally ain't he great!

:D

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 15:05
The issue is that JENSON made the tyre call based on his awareness of track conditions and strategic input from the team.

Hamilton is either not trusted by the team or has no confidence in himself or was just not able to manage his tyres. On lap 52 he complained [again] that his rears were going off.

The driver can override the pits and decide to stay out. Blaming his team is a weak and unfair thing to do - but based on his historical lack of moral courage I am not surprised he chose the cowards way.

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 15:14

You are absolutely correct.

I think you will find relative newbies - less than 16 years - to this sport confusing things.

Those of us who have been around F1 from the day when pit stops either meant trouble with the car or prior to the dratted refuelling sprints will agree with you.

I suspect that at this stage neither Hamlton or Vettel have quite adjusted to what has become more like "grand prix racing" than F1 sprinting.

Brakes and tyres are something a driver can manage. I suggest seeking out an interview given by a certain "wee Scot" about twenty years ago when asked about the career of Kiwi Amon.

It is especially relevant today. He would NOT let Hamilton or Vettel off the hook.

motetarip
28th March 2010, 15:49
Great race and good to see the luck fall with Button today :)

I see Hamilton's god complex includes believing that he can rape the tyres off his car and still expect to go the distance on them. What a sore loser.

ioan
28th March 2010, 16:11
But he won and where are they? :)

The fastest one retired with a brake failure. But hey, we all know you dislike Vettel and you're in love with Bunsen so I will not lose any of my time on the subject of the lucky curbstone who just sits and wait.

ioan
28th March 2010, 16:12
Absolutely! In the dry, there was no overtaking... Schumi had to bang wheels with AlguesramxaSLjasxlAJS whatever his name is (lol) to pass him...

Don't sing victory too soon... it's impossible to pass in the dry...

:up:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who really watched the race. :)

ioan
28th March 2010, 16:15
He didn't have to be faster - he made the right call, and won. My point is that we may have been a little harsh on bunsen calling him a curbstone, hence the flying bit.

He was lucky with Vettel's brake failure otherwise he wouldn't have won anything.
Go on sing him odes and jump on the bandwagon, I'll keep looking at the big pictures and there is no Bunsen in there without bucket loads of luck coming his way.

ioan
28th March 2010, 16:17
The issue is that JENSON made the tyre call based on his awareness of track conditions and strategic input from the team.

Hamilton is either not trusted by the team or has no confidence in himself or was just not able to manage his tyres. On lap 52 he complained [again] that his rears were going off.

The driver can override the pits and decide to stay out. Blaming his team is a weak and unfair thing to do - but based on his historical lack of moral courage I am not surprised he chose the cowards way.

What a load of bull excrement.
Jenson had 50% chances to get it right or wrong, exactly as many as any of the other drivers.
Add to that the incredible luck to have the fastest driver have a failure while leading by a mile and there is nothing left for bunny boy.

But don't let my rant spoil your cheering, enjoy it while it lasts as it will not happen often anyway.

Dave B
28th March 2010, 16:18
He was lucky with Vettel's brake failure otherwise he wouldn't have won anything.
Conjecture dressed up as fact as usual. It's entirely likely (not fact) that Vettel would not have looked after his tyres in the way Button did, but we'll never know.

ioan
28th March 2010, 16:19
Great race and good to see the luck fall with Button today :)

I see Hamilton's god complex includes believing that he can rape the tyres off his car and still expect to go the distance on them. What a sore loser.

At the moment he was called to change tires Lewis was the one who's tires where in best condition out of the leading cars, so I am curious what you are talking about exactly.

motetarip
28th March 2010, 16:20
You can harp on about luck all day, it's not a valid argument. Had Vettel's brake not popped he might have gone on to crash or wear his tyres out, you can't predict what would have happened if he hadn't retired today.

ioan
28th March 2010, 16:20
Conjecture dressed up as fact as usual. It's entirely likely (not fact) that Vettel would not have looked after his tyres in the way Button did, but we'll never know.

Not sure what you are on, but I want some of the stuff you smoked before posting.

ioan
28th March 2010, 16:21
You can harp on about luck all day, it's not a valid argument. Had Vettel's brake not popped he might have gone on to crash or wear his tyres out, you can't predict what would have happened if he hadn't retired today.

My argument is very valid, it's just that you can't accept reality, not that it bothers me. So I'll leave this discussion now an let you, and the other Bunsen bandwagon people, enjoy the false greatness of a curbstone.

Dave B
28th March 2010, 16:26
Not sure what you are on, but I want some of the stuff you smoked before posting.
If it means that I'm being realistic enough to admit that none of us will ever know how the race may have panned out if Vettel didn't retire, than it's good stuff!

You on the other hand appear to know for sure and yet again - as you so often do - are confusing conjecture with fact. Vettel might have cruised to a victory, Jenson might have nailed him, they might have collided and Kubica could have won. We will never know, and you have no more insight into that than anybody.

Stop pretending you're the font of all knowledge when it's obvious that you haven't got a clue. It's becoming embarrassing.

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 16:30
What a load of bull excrement.
Jenson had 50% chances to get it right or wrong, exactly as many as any of the other drivers.
Add to that the incredible luck to have the fastest driver have a failure while leading by a mile and there is nothing left for bunny boy.

But don't let my rant spoil your cheering, enjoy it while it lasts as it will not happen often anyway.

You know I am correct - you're are just sore that Jenson won :D :D :D

Garry Walker
28th March 2010, 16:30
Why is button getting praise for not pitting, yet kubica and alonso and massa arent?

Well, come next race and button will again be destroyed by Hamilton and his "barmy army" supporters will hopefully f*ck off again.

motetarip
28th March 2010, 16:34
My argument is very valid, it's just that you can't accept reality, not that it bothers me. So I'll leave this discussion now an let you, and the other Bunsen bandwagon people, enjoy the false greatness of a curbstone.

Haha I'm just glad that my Button Bandwagon overtook your Vettel Bandwagon when you were sat in the gravel with a busted brake :)

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 16:36
Go on sing him odes and jump on the bandwagon, I'll keep looking at the big pictures and there is no Bunsen in there without bucket loads of luck coming his way.

Have you read Jackie Stewart's book? Or have you ever read interviews with him over the years?

The three time world champion has always declared that racing driver's make their own luck.

But what does he know - he is not you :D

I suppose Jenson was lucky that he decided to leave Brawn too for Mclaren :rolleyes:

motetarip
28th March 2010, 16:36
Why is button getting praise for not pitting, yet kubica and alonso and massa arent?

Well, come next race and button will again be destroyed by Hamilton and his "barmy army" supporters will hopefully f*ck off again.

As you clearly have the same mental age as your would-be lover Hamilton, approximately 6-7 years, I find it easy to disregard your babblings

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 16:38
Haha I'm just glad that my Button Bandwagon overtook your Vettel Bandwagon when you were sat in the gravel with a busted brake :)

:) :D

Garry Walker
28th March 2010, 16:41
As you clearly have the same mental age as your would-be lover Hamilton, approximately 6-7 years, I find it easy to disregard your babblings

Funny, I quite dislike Hamilton and think he is a prick of the highest order.

Something that probably applies also to you

Garry Walker
28th March 2010, 16:42
Have you read Jackie Stewart's book? Or have you ever read interviews with him over the years?

The three time world champion has always declared that racing driver's make their own luck.

But what does he know

Yeah, he knows it all. After all, how more right could he have been with his predictions about Jan Magnussen :D

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 16:43

So you really want to leave such a disgusting message on this board? Do you realize what it says about YOU?!

I am sure NO driver would even WANT you as a supporter and least of Jenson, who has ALWAYS encouraged his supporters to be decent and respectful to other drivers. And most of the time we are, but never can anyone codone such disgraceful behavior as you are exhibiting here.

You ought to be extremely embarrassed for being so rude.

F1boat
The fastest CAR retired with a brake failure.

Fixed that for you :)

motetarip
Funny, I quite dislike Hamilton and think he is a prick of the highest order.

Something that probably applies also to you

You're absolutely right, I quite dislike Hamilton and think he is a prick of the highest order too.

F1boat
28th March 2010, 16:44
So you really want to leave such a disgusting message on this board? Do you realize what it says about YOU?!

Don't take it so hard, I view Garry as the Green Goblin of the forums, the villain we all love lol.

AndyL
28th March 2010, 16:45

Have you read the "driver of the race" thread?

Garry Walker
28th March 2010, 16:46

I am sure NO driver would even WANT you as a supporter and least of Jenson, who has ALWAYS encouraged his supporters to be decent and respectful to other drivers.

Like you are to Hamilton? Do I have to waste my time and post quotes here from you?

I ask again, where is the respect for not pitting for Alonso, Massa and Kubica?

What my post says about me and what others think of me is not even slightly of concern to me.

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 16:47
Yeah, he knows it all. After all, how more right could he have been with his predictions about Jan Magnussen :D

This is not about predictions, but one of the greatest drivers critiqueing RACING DRIVING and proven himself to be credible in that.

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 16:52
Like you are to Hamilton? Do I have to waste my time and post quotes here from you?

What my post says about me and what others think of me is not even slightly of concern to me.

As I said, most of the time I am respectful - but I do consider Hamilton to be a moral coward as he has shown previously [Dave Ryan] and as he exhibited today towards his teammates.

But you use deplorable language that belongs in the gutter and it is self-evident that you do not care what people think of you, be it even in the worst possible way. Very sad.

Garry Walker
28th March 2010, 16:56
As I said, most of the time I am respectful - but I do consider Hamilton to be a moral coward as he has shown previously [Dave Ryan] and as he exhibited today towards his teammates.
So why are you not doing as your idol is telling his fans to do? Be respectful, ALWAYS. Hypocrite.

But you use deplorable language that belongs in the gutter and it is self-evident that you do not care what people think of you, be it even in the worst possible way. Very sad.Why would I care what an internet nobody whom I know nothing about (like you) think of me?

motetarip
28th March 2010, 17:33
Why would I care what an internet nobody whom I know nothing about (like you) think of me?

It's known as conforming to polite rules of society. Failure to do so is defined as mental illness.

woody2goody
28th March 2010, 17:49

Kubica gets a lot of respect from me for this race performance. We don't truly know how fast the Renault is, but it is obviously decent.

Jenson gets the most respect because he reacted the quickest, he used his instincts and feel for the car to time it perfectly.

I though the Ferrari drivers were both very good, but, Jenson's actions vaulted him up the order to second, which may or may not have become first if Vettel had remained in the race, and he won. His car was reliable, he drove superbly and outraced several drivers who perhaps had more raw pace.

HOWEVER: We do not know what Jenson's pace would have been if he'd have pushed as hard as Lewis did. He may have been as fast, but then naturally he would have had to make another stop.

He drove the fastest route to the finish and ALL that matters is the victory and the 25 points.

truefan72
28th March 2010, 17:55
I was gutted by Hamilton's outcome but I am still happy with the points.

Despite that, I think this was a great race and provided with enough entertainment and tension to make it probably one of the better races I have seen in a while. Cars still struggle to overtake in dry conditions and the fact that a set of softs can last 50 plus laps does not help matters.

but Australia 2010 was one for the history books. I'll remember it more for all the stuff that occurred than Button cruising to victory unchallenged via Vettel's failure and the other cars held up by Kubica.

ioan
28th March 2010, 18:01
Have you read Jackie Stewart's book?

No, because I believe Max was right about him.

ioan
28th March 2010, 18:02
I'll remember it more for all the stuff that occurred than Button cruising to victory unchallenged via Vettel's failure and the other cars held up by Kubica.

Same here, Button didn't exist in this race to be honest.

ioan
28th March 2010, 18:08

It's known as conforming to polite rules of society. Failure to do so is defined as mental illness.

You dare talk about politeness after what you posted?

Anyway when I see such personal attacks as yours I am happy, because it is clear that you have no facts to support your arguments, which means you were wrong all the way and also makes it obvious that you are not only a bad loser but also a sore winner. :)

F1boat
28th March 2010, 18:25

Love English sense of humour LOL.

Dave B
28th March 2010, 18:34
Reprimand for Webber over the Hamilton crash. Slapped wrist, really:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82506

BDunnell
28th March 2010, 18:39

Glass houses, stones, etc...

Big Ben
28th March 2010, 18:46

Hopefully youŽll get banned someday forever... one can hope

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 18:58
No, because I believe Max was right about him.

Exactly - its BELIEF, because there is no evidence. So you choose it because you merely want to - just like your racing views :eek:

And sadly by association you attack Jackie Stewart. Very sad.

F1boat
28th March 2010, 19:00
Good to see the lovely debate about the race!

ioan
28th March 2010, 19:15
Glass houses, stones, etc...

Two wrongs doesn't make one right, so...

ioan
28th March 2010, 19:16
Hopefully youŽll get banned someday forever... one can hope

Why? He didn't insult anyone in return to those who are insulting him.

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 19:16
So why are you not doing as your idol is telling his fans to do? Be respectful, ALWAYS. Hypocrite.

Why would I care what an internet nobody whom I know nothing about (like you) think of me?

I am not always totally respectful and never said that I was. JENSON ASKS - not TELLS - his supporters etc.

I do think that Hamilton is a moral coward based on his actions and yes this is being disrespectful to some degree - but I do not need to use the foulest language from the gutter to make my point. You appear to have a vocabulary shortage and resort to using bad language to make a point.

:eek: Why should you care? This is not a lesson that was taught to you as a child?

Because someone with self-respect, good self-esteem and even a modicum of good manners will not act as you do. And WILL care if people perceive the identity he posts under as decent or indecent.

ioan
28th March 2010, 19:17
Exactly - its BELIEF, because there is no evidence. So you choose it because you merely want to - just like your racing views :eek:

And sadly by association you attack Jackie Stewart. Very sad.

Who cares about Jackie Stewart's comments, he is as subjective as you are...

ioan
28th March 2010, 19:18
This is not a lesson that was taught to you as a child?

Is this important for you to know?

Daniel
28th March 2010, 19:21
I am not always totally respectful and never said that I was. JENSON ASKS - not TELLS - his supporters etc.

I do think that Hamilton is a moral coward based on his actions and yes this is being disrespectful to some degree - but I do not need to use the foulest language from the gutter to make my point. You appear to have a vocabulary shortage and resort to using bad language to make a point.

:eek: Why should you care? This is not a lesson that was taught to you as a child?

Because someone with self-respect, good self-esteem and even a modicum of good manners will not act as you do. And WILL care if people perceive the identity he posts under as decent or indecent.

Just because you use overly flowery language doesn't make your insults any less insulting. Why don't you stick to the topics rather than aspersions about someone's upbringing :mad:

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 19:23
Why? He didn't insult anyone in return to those who are insulting him.

Pay attention.

Its not the insults, like you: he always insults people here and is generally very negative about everything.

It is the indecent language he used in one more attack against anything to do with Jenson.

Have you heard? Jenson won :D Really gets to you and "Garr" huh?!!! :s mokin:

ioan
28th March 2010, 19:26
Just because you use overly flowery language doesn't make your insults any less insulting. Why don't you stick to the topics rather than aspersions about someone's upbringing :mad:

You know how it is, when one runs out of arguments the personal attacks begin, followed by posing as a saint.

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 19:27

Getting a little apoplectic? Your defense of others' honor is SO sweet and refreshing, do you people just echo off each other?

Its not the INSULTS - you are another negative poster that loves throwing insults around.

Its the bad langauge. Clear?!

Ye gods!

ioan
28th March 2010, 19:27
Have you heard? Jenson won :D Really gets to you and "Garr" huh?!!! :s mokin:

I didn't even knew he raced today.

Nikki Katz
28th March 2010, 19:28
That was a good race and I enjoyed it a lot, but the end of it when the track had dried out showed that it's still really really hard to pass in these cars under normal conditions. And despite all the carnage 9 of the 10 points scorers were the same people as last race. And there were 3 cars outside of 107% in qualifying, I think it was just 2 in Bahrain.

Daniel
28th March 2010, 19:29
You know how it is, when one runs out of arguments the personal attacks begin, followed by posing as a saint.
To be fair though Ioan, you're not innocent now are you?

But at least you don't try and hide your insults and jibes under the guise of being an intellectual/F1 pundit so tbh I prefer having you around than our friend here :)

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 19:33

Well then, you obviously NEVER have an argument because ALL you do is make personal snide remarks.

Not A saint, THE saint :s mokin:

Daniel
28th March 2010, 19:37
Do you people just echo off each other?

Its not the INSULTS - you are another negative poster that loves throwing insults around.

Its the bad langauge. Clear?!

Ye gods!

So you're agreeing with me, you feel that if you insult someone with overly flowery and circuitous language then it's fine.

Sure bad language isn't good, but the forum doesn't make a distinction between someone who goes out and says "**** you" and someone who says that but without using a naughty word. An insult is an insult just as a duck is a duck and not a duck billed tasty flying bird or something else silly.

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 19:43
That was a good race and I enjoyed it a lot, but the end of it when the track had dried out showed that it's still really really hard to pass in these cars under normal conditions. And despite all the carnage 9 of the 10 points scorers were the same people as last race. And there were 3 cars outside of 107% in qualifying, I think it was just 2 in Bahrain.

As I have previously stated - I enjoyed the Bahrain Grand Prix and saw nothing wrong or unusual about it.

The hysteria that followed about overtaking is a false argument and should not be trumpeted by those within F1. It is disingenuous.

Drivers able to manage their cars well - specifically tyres and brakes - and able to stop ahead of the competition in the race WILL do well.

But if overtaking is wanted as an effective part of the race as opposed to passing, then enough drivers and designers have often provided the solution: significantly reduce the role of aerodynamics. To what level? When Adrian Newey leaves the sport as a result, THAT would be the sign.

Saint Devote
28th March 2010, 19:49
So you're agreeing with me, you feel that if you insult someone with overly flowery and circuitous language then it's fine.

Sure bad language isn't good, but the forum doesn't make a distinction between someone who goes out and says "**** you" and someone who says that but without using a naughty word. An insult is an insult just as a duck is a duck and not a duck billed tasty flying bird or something else silly.

You're kidding right?

What is "flowery langiuage"? I am writing in English.

This is about the bad language used. The person responsible for taking care of insulting remarks is called a moderator - I am not the moderator!

pino
28th March 2010, 19:53
Guys, let's quits the insults and personal comments or many of you will end with a long ban. No going to ask this again !!!

ioan
28th March 2010, 19:56
To be fair though Ioan, you're not innocent now are you?

No.

Rollo
28th March 2010, 20:44
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/australian-grand-prix/nsw-vies-for-grand-prix-20100327-r3qo.html
The NSW government says it is serious about snatching the Australian Grand Prix away from "arrogant, complacent" Melbourne and says it has already approached the sport's promoters about a bid.

Initial costings and plans are already underway for hosting a night grand prix, most likely at Homebush in the city's west, from 2015.

Please no. The only place at Homebush would be a Mickey Mouse street circuit similar to what the V8 Supercars raced on last November. It's a venue where the fans can see more than about 400 metres down the road and where every single corner would be blind.

This is a truly horrible idea which would probably if it went ahead, would ensure that Sydney gets the GP once, before Australia was kicked off the calendar altogether.

UltimateDanGTR
28th March 2010, 20:57
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/australian-grand-prix/nsw-vies-for-grand-prix-20100327-r3qo.html
The NSW government says it is serious about snatching the Australian Grand Prix away from "arrogant, complacent" Melbourne and says it has already approached the sport's promoters about a bid.

Initial costings and plans are already underway for hosting a night grand prix, most likely at Homebush in the city's west, from 2015.

Please no. The only place at Homebush would be a Mickey Mouse street circuit similar to what the V8 Supercars raced on last November. It's a venue where the fans can see more than about 400 metres down the road and where every single corner would be blind.

This is a truly horrible idea which would probably if it went ahead, would ensure that Sydney gets the GP once, before Australia was kicked off the calendar altogether.

completely agree rollo.

sydney no no no.

melbourne yes yes yes.

motetarip
29th March 2010, 00:31

Anyway when I see such personal attacks as yours I am happy, because it is clear that you have no facts to support your arguments, which means you were wrong all the way and also makes it obvious that you are not only a bad loser but also a sore winner. :)

What argument is that then?