PDA

View Full Version : NASN and Virgin Media update

colinspooky
28th February 2007, 14:42
I have just had this through. Let's hope it happens. That will be Cup, Busch on NASN in England on the Virgin Media Cable and Trucks on Speed using TVU - power to the people.

Thank you for contacting NASN - the only TV channel dedicated to North American sports in Europe. Please accept my apologies for the delay in response.
I can confirm that NASN are currently working with Setanta Sports to establish what channel the NASCAR Nextel Cup series will be broadcast on to ensure that it is accessible to Virgin Media/NTL customers and it is NASN's intention to find a solution before Race 3 begins on Sunday 11th March 2007.
Please don't forget that NASN has also secured live and as-live coverage of the NASCAR Busch series, which you will be able to enjoy every week on NASN, which you can begin to watch straight away. All scheduling information for this, is available on our website.
NASN apologise for any inconvenience to your viewing of the season so far and assure you that it is our every intention to resolve this as quickly as possible.
I would like to thank you very much for your patience whilst we address this issue.

GARYGAZZA
2nd March 2007, 23:00
Just got this reply from nasn.Only took a week.

Thank you for contacting NASN - the only TV channel dedicated to North American sports in Europe. Please accept my apologies for the delay in response.

I can confirm that NASN are currently working with Setanta Sports to establish what channel the NASCAR Nextel Cup series will be broadcast on to ensure that it is accessible to Virgin Media/NTL customers and it is NASN's intention to find a solution before Race 3 begins on Sunday 11th March 2007.

Please don't forget that NASN has also secured live and as-live coverage of the NASCAR Busch series, which you will be able to enjoy every week on NASN, which you can begin to watch straight away. All scheduling information for this, is available on our website.

NASN apologise for any inconvenience to your viewing of the season so far and assure you that it is our every intention to resolve this as quickly as possible. I would like to thank you very much for your patience whilst we address this issue.

Please continue to refer to the NASN website, www.nasn.com, where we will be announcing details of which channel(s) you will be able to watch the NASCAR Nextel Cup on, for the remainder of the 2007 season, as well as all the latest news, standings, results, scheduling. and further announcements about additional motor sport programming on NASN.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding the channel. We work very hard to please our subscribers and any customer feedback regarding the specific games, teams and events you are interested is passed to our programming and selection team for consideration.

You may also be interested to know that NASN has a Viewers' Choice feature for alternative sports broadcast on NASN, which enables our subscribers to vote for the game/event that they want to watch from time to time. You will find details on our website at www.nasn.com (http://www.nasn.com/).

GARYGAZZA
2nd March 2007, 23:07
Just had the same reply.Only time will tell.Its very frusrating knowing gready SKY have it and cable have not.
p.s Virgin media lost Sky 1,2 3 and sky news yesterday,but have been very witty though.They had a newchannel called SKY SNOOZE.

GARYGAZZA
3rd March 2007, 12:57
Nascar Now and the Busch race at Califonia are shown on Virgin media Nasn tv guide.I phoned Virgin and they assured me if it is on the guide then they will show it.

Speedworx
3rd March 2007, 14:37
From what I gather. Cup will be on NASN 2 all season and shown on Setanta Ireland.

colinspooky
3rd March 2007, 20:31
and Wheels has vanished/broken on TVU

:rolleyes:

cyd
4th March 2007, 20:42
and Wheels has vanished/broken on TVU

:rolleyes:

Yes, what is with that? I was just trying (hoping) to get the Busch race, but all I get is a black screen. :mad:

colinspooky
5th March 2007, 09:42
Yes, what is with that? I was just trying (hoping) to get the Busch race, but all I get is a black screen. :mad:

Annoyig - still dead. Who do we contact about it?

GARYGAZZA
5th March 2007, 22:28
Nascar now and Busch race in Mexico was shown on Nasn via Virgin cable this afternoon.Dopnt think Scott Pruett was best pleased with his team mate Montoya.

colinspooky
5th March 2007, 23:26
Hi
Missed it, but thanks for tip - seems it is back on again on Wednesday 6.30pm.
Big post-it on my screen

cyd
6th March 2007, 13:41
Hi
Missed it, but thanks for tip - seems it is back on again on Wednesday 6.30pm.
Big post-it on my screen

I ended up watching the live stream on NASCAR.com, on a very tiny screen. It was a great race and I'll try to catch the highlights. :D

colinspooky
7th March 2007, 23:12
Dont think Scott Pruett was best pleased with his team mate Montoya.

Wow!! You're right - he wasn't. Thanks for not giving it all away with that comment.
;)

GARYGAZZA
7th March 2007, 23:48
Wow!! You're right - he wasn't. Thanks for not giving it all away with that comment.
;)
No probs.Thats why I shy away from the forum until Ive seen the race.

colinspooky
9th March 2007, 12:41
Nothing for Virgin cable viewers this weekend then. Bugger.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Guess it's moving the PC into the TV room again and hoping TVU is a good signal.

PS: Where is Wheels on TVU?

GARYGAZZA
20th March 2007, 17:39
Just got this reply from NASN.

Thank you for your email.
As previously explained NASN are constantly striving to accommodate everyone's programme wishes and we understand that it must be frustrating at not having the facility to view the live Nextel Cup races live or even as-live.We very much appreciate you sharing your views with us as we continue to develop the channel. Your comments regarding the scheduling have been forwarded to our programming and selection team for review and consideration and if the opportunity should arise to accommodate Virgin Media customers with live races we will ensure this is communicated to our customers in the first instance.
In the meantime, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Kerry Boba
Setanta Sports and NASN Customer Services.

All talk no action i say.

gary_580
21st March 2007, 14:13
You wont get Live cup racing on Cable this season unless ESPN do something after they take over NASN