PDA

View Full Version : 17 World Champions

Dave B
14th March 2010, 10:33
Wow, this is quite an amazing photo (if one ignores the fashion sense on display) - 17 F1 Champions gathered together:

http://joesaward.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/unknown.jpeg

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/03/13/a-gallery-of-world-champions/

So go on then: who's the best? :D

(runs and hides...)

Ranger
14th March 2010, 10:52
And while we're here: :D

http://images.gpupdate.net/large/147767.jpg
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/147766.jpg
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/147760.jpg

UltimateDanGTR
14th March 2010, 10:52
awesome photo. some of the greatest talent ever to grace a racing car there.

who's the best? If only we could see a race between Stewart, Prost and Schumacher when they were each at their prime to see.

EDIT: forgot to mention, some of them have put on alot of weight since they were drivng their racing machines!

Ranger
14th March 2010, 10:56
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/147772.jpg
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/147762.jpg

...and there are more of where they came from! :)

Koz
14th March 2010, 11:22
Sad to see Kimi missing. Every champion from the last 40 years... and Kimi and Piquet are missing. It's sad.

ShiftingGears
14th March 2010, 11:27
Great photos. :up:

ioan
14th March 2010, 11:50
Why did Bernie and his friend take Kimi and Nelson's place? :mad:

PS: Lol at Alonso in almost full racing gear.

Ranger
14th March 2010, 12:06
Why did Bernie and his friend take Kimi and Nelson's place? :mad:

Kimi was probably having a sh**. :p : Or couldn't be bothered, more like.

I'm not sure Piquet wouldn't be too keen on the F1 paddock after last year.

ozrevhead
14th March 2010, 12:55
Piquet along with Flav can go and xxxxxxxxx themselves as far as im conserned im not disapointed he isnt there

Great to see Mika there as well as Australia's only world champ in Jonesey - lets hope we get no.2 this season

JRodrigues
14th March 2010, 13:28

He's have to use his Santander logos everytime.. Even if he's taking a sh**

Garry Walker
14th March 2010, 14:06
2 C*nts in the first row kind of ruin the picture.

ioan
14th March 2010, 14:38
Great to see Mika there as well as Australia's only world champ in Jonesey - lets hope we get no.2 this season

:confused: I didn't hear about a new Australian F1 driver this season.

Ranger
14th March 2010, 15:01
Piquet along with Flav can go and xxxxxxxxx themselves as far as im conserned im not disapointed he isnt there

You just failed your first Australian F1 history lesson!!!!! :p :

We have two world champions. The first of whom was the first ever racing driver to be knighted, who is in the back row of that picture.

AndyL
14th March 2010, 15:11

Yes, I was going to say I don't remember when those two in the middle of the front row won their championships.

Daniel
14th March 2010, 15:43
You just failed your first Australian F1 history lesson!!!!! :p :

We have two world champions. The first of whom was the first ever racing driver to be knighted, who is in the back row of that picture.

Rather, too busy salivating over Mark to learn some history? :)

VkmSpouge
14th March 2010, 15:46
If they could get rid of those two people in the middle of the front row, that would be a very good picture. Love the shots of the old cars.

jonny hurlock
15th March 2010, 08:18
Wow, this is quite an amazing photo (if one ignores the fashion sense on display) - 17 F1 Champions gathered together:

http://joesaward.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/unknown.jpeg

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/03/13/a-gallery-of-world-champions/

So go on then: who's the best? :D

(runs and hides...)

has people miss counted 18 F1 world champions, dispute that great picture

Mark
15th March 2010, 10:12
All looks like a photoshop mashup to me (I know it's not)

So what year did Bernie become WDC?

I notice Alonso is the only one who turned up in full racing overalls!

Dave B
15th March 2010, 10:15
All looks like a photoshop mashup to me (I know it's not)
Schuey does look like he's been added in afterwards!

ArrowsFA1
15th March 2010, 10:16
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/147772.jpg

Now that's a Lotus :s mokin:

I am evil Homer
15th March 2010, 10:40

I know some people don't like Button or Mansell but that's a bit strong ;) :D

curry
15th March 2010, 14:25
So who is the best and worst dressed?

Worst: Jackie
Best: um, um, maybe, um...........

D28
15th March 2010, 19:15
Great photo. Especially good to see three time champion Sir Jack Brabham able to attend. I did not recognize Mansell at first, his stache has been lost somewhere along the way. The historic cars and champions probably provided the most excitement of the week-end.

baker
15th March 2010, 21:52
I know some people don't like Button or Mansell but that's a bit strong ;) :D
Nice one. :D

BDunnell
15th March 2010, 21:53
Great photo. Especially good to see three time champion Sir Jack Brabham able to attend.

My thought exactly, given his recent health problems.

I did not recognize Mansell at first, his stache has been lost somewhere along the way.

It's been gone since at least 1998, in fact.

ozrevhead
16th March 2010, 14:03
Yes, I was going to say I don't remember when those two in the middle of the front row won their championships.
sxxx! Im an idiot im not sure if i should laugh or cry!!

I guess I get the forum dunce of the week then

Daniel
16th March 2010, 15:15
sxxx! Im an idiot im not sure if i should laugh or cry!!

I guess I get the forum dunce of the week then
It's OK we forgive you! After all you are from South Australia :p To the rest of Australia you're only slightly further along the evolutionary chain than Tasmanians :p

turismo6
16th March 2010, 15:31
Whos is to the left of Jackie Stewart?

BeansBeansBeans
16th March 2010, 15:42
Whos is to the left of Jackie Stewart?

Mario Andretti

maximilian
16th March 2010, 17:39
I think it's pretty bad attitude of Piquet and Raikkonen not to show up...

I am evil Homer
16th March 2010, 17:51
Hardly surprising of either of them though given past form.

Daniel
16th March 2010, 17:52
I think it's pretty bad attitude of Piquet and Raikkonen not to show up...
Why? Do you feel that you own him or something? I think it's great that all these drivers got together but do I think they owed it to us? No.

D28
16th March 2010, 19:12
It's possible Kimi isn't too familiar with some of these gents. When asked what Bruce McLaren was driving when he became youngest winner in 1959, Kimi answered, McLaren? but really hadn't a clue. I believe it was Bruce's record that he had just beaten. For some of the younger drivers, historical Grand Prix racing is not their abiding passion.

maximilian
16th March 2010, 19:42
Why? Do you feel that you own him or something? I think it's great that all these drivers got together but do I think they owed it to us? No.
Because it's a special moment in history, and certainly the last time you would have a chance to get everyone together like this (at least in the current configuration). Even people like Piquet and Raikkonen should have some deference for the history of the sport that made them who they are, and overcome their obvious arrogance and/or apathy. I don't like either of them, so personally I couldn't care less if they show up anywhere ever again, but I still think it's bad form - and it does nothing to make them any less unlikeable to me ;)

Daniel
16th March 2010, 19:44
Because it's a special moment in history, and certainly the last time you would have a chance to get everyone together like this (at least in the current configuration). Even people like Piquet and Raikkonen should have some deference for the history of the sport that made them who they are, and overcome their obvious arrogance and/or apathy. I don't like either of them, so personally I couldn't care less if they show up anywhere ever again, but I still think it's bad form - and it does nothing to make them any less unlikeable to me ;)
What a load of BS. History schmistory. If Kimi doesn't want to go he doesn't need to go.....

BeansBeansBeans
16th March 2010, 20:00
Maybe Kimi just doesn't enjoy all that ceremonial stuff. Maybe he wanted to spend time with his wife between rallies. Maybe he just couldn't be bothered. Who cares?

Daniel
16th March 2010, 20:01
Maybe Kimi just doesn't enjoy all that ceremonial stuff. Maybe he wanted to spend time with his wife between rallies. Maybe he just couldn't be bothered. Who cares?
Rubbish! I watched F1 for years and Kimi owes it to me to turn up to some photo op!!!!!!!

BeansBeansBeans
16th March 2010, 20:04
Someone should just photoshop Kimi and Piquet on.

BeansBeansBeans
16th March 2010, 20:10
I have a pet theory about Raikkonen. I think he genuinely doesn't care about many of the things that the rest of us fret about, not least what other people think of him. That's why I think so many people actively dislike him, because they'd love to be as carefree but aren't.

BDunnell
16th March 2010, 20:15
I don't think it's too awful to say it's a shame all the living World Champions weren't there. As complete a gathering as possible would have been a true historical one-off. But no-one ought to be too bothered.

keysersoze
16th March 2010, 20:51
Rosberg looks like he's been at the pubs all night, and Jody looks like he was the Keke's designated driver.

Daniel
16th March 2010, 20:55
I don't think it's too awful to say it's a shame all the living World Champions weren't there. As complete a gathering as possible would have been a true historical one-off. But no-one ought to be too bothered.
Agree on both counts. I'd have like to have seen Piquet and Kimi there but it's not the greatest tragedy :)

CNR
16th March 2010, 22:44
the greatest of the 17 is jack brabham ?
who would be there if they had to build there own car

CNR
16th March 2010, 23:18
http://i44.tinypic.com/3326teg.jpg

rjtart
19th March 2010, 07:34
http://i39.tinypic.com/317basx.jpg

ozrevhead
19th March 2010, 08:54
It's OK we forgive you! After all you are from South Australia :p To the rest of Australia you're only slightly further along the evolutionary chain than Tasmanians :p
thanks a freeking lot!

Garry Walker
22nd March 2010, 15:25

Maybe they just had something better to do, like friends to meet, you know. Actually, you probably wouldnt know :rotflmao:

It's possible Kimi isn't too familiar with some of these gents. When asked what Bruce McLaren was driving when he became youngest winner in 1959, Kimi answered, McLaren? but really hadn't a clue. I believe it was Bruce's record that he had just beaten. For some of the younger drivers, historical Grand Prix racing is not their abiding passion.

I think very few people know what car Bruce McLaren drove to get his first win and not much more care about knowing such things.

maximilian
22nd March 2010, 16:29
Maybe they just had something better to do, like friends to meet, you know. Actually, you probably wouldnt know :rotflmao:

*yawn* :o

BeansBeansBeans
22nd March 2010, 17:14
http://i39.tinypic.com/317basx.jpg

Bravo :up:

Boudica
23rd March 2010, 08:32
I think in Kimi's case it might be sponsorship related, as everyone drove their championship winning cars. It could be that Red Bull don't want Kimi driving around in a Ferrari, or Ferrari didn't want a Red Bull driver driving a Ferrari. Kimi has already stated that he will be going to the Monaco Gp this year, so why would he be going to Monaco and not Bahrain? I think it is something contract or sponsorship related. As for Piquet it is pretty obvious why he decided not to attend.

BeansBeansBeans
23rd March 2010, 10:07
I think in Kimi's case it might be sponsorship related, as everyone drove their championship winning cars.

No they didn't.

jens
25th March 2010, 18:16
I have a pet theory about Raikkonen. I think he genuinely doesn't care about many of the things that the rest of us fret about, not least what other people think of him. That's why I think so many people actively dislike him, because they'd love to be as carefree but aren't.

I disagree with your theory. I would find nothing likable in being an emotionless character. But this doesn't stop from not caring about things that I find unimportant.

I would say it's more likely to be opposite. People like Kimi, because they want to be a person, who "doesn't give a ****" in this "tough world", and as a result are admiring one, who is somehow capable of being one.

I consider empathy and warmth as very important values in a person. Kimi has been the only racing driver, with whose personality I have never managed to get used to. Many drivers are considered to be "whiners", but at least from their behaviour I can sense some humanity and emotions - overall a living human nature - even if they express some weaknesses at times. But it is a big mystery, how a personality, which doesn't even give a hint of any positive and approachable features, is so popular.