PDA

View Full Version : North Wilkesboro

71Fan
12th March 2010, 06:22
http://twitpic.com/photos/Justin_Racing

Well dang, one look at these pictures convinces me that North Wilkesboro simply needs to be forgotten....or at least bulldozed and rebuilt. I've heard lots of east coasters say bring it back but in it's current condition? Nope, does not deserve to even be on a list for future Cup, Busch, or Truck racing. Really surprised they got the USAR gig.

slorydn1
12th March 2010, 07:02
Naaah, I don't know about bulldozed. A fresh coat of paint and pull up some weeds and it's ready to go! :D

71Fan
13th March 2010, 05:53
I'm thinking it could use new fencing and grandstands. But yea, the track itself probably only needs a fresh coat of sealcoat.

call_me_andrew
15th March 2010, 02:24
It looks pretty good in those pictures. Come late summer weeds will be growing up through the asphalt.

It's my understanding that victory lane has a hydrualic lift to raise the winning car. The lift needs some new hoses, but it's in otherwise good working condition.

But the plumbing does need repairs and I imagine the electrical systems are out of date.

testarossa
15th March 2010, 08:27
haha Very nice pictures, nice one.. :D

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2010, 02:32
They paint it up, do a little work and it is fit....maybe repair a lot of grandstands. The point is, the place will be up and running this year...and it is a gem of a race track.