PDA

View Full Version : Colin White Update.

pickup
28th February 2007, 12:35
I've seen this mentioned but on a different thread concerning Colins future, my weekly motoring paper has reported on Colin testing a BTCC car he said he had sampled the ex Dave Pinkney Honda and he may "rent a car for a couple of meetings before buying something for 2008" so looks like he's still in SCSA at least for 2007.
Another quote is that "former SCSA racer Malcom Clien, an old team mate of White's also tested an ex Richard Marsh Peugeot 307.His plans are also unclear at this stage".
The only worrying point is the start of the report says Colin White is evaluating a switch to the BTCC for 2007 hopefully a printing error which should read 2008!

JDPower
1st March 2007, 04:54
Balls. Oh well, suppose it was only a matter of time before we got some negative SCSA news after all the positive stuff ;(

racing59
1st March 2007, 09:49
On a positive note, there's nothing stopping someone from doing both - where rounds allow. Or even for CWS to run cars in the SCSA with other drivers. Which could mean even more cars in SCSA.

JovialJooles
1st March 2007, 10:24
On a positive note, there's nothing stopping someone from doing both - where rounds allow. Or even for CWS to run cars in the SCSA with other drivers. Which could mean even more cars in SCSA.

Yep, it would be an excellent opportunity to promote SCSA to BTCC punters.

Imagine taking one of the SCSA cars to each BTCC event and promoting the series...

Not that I'm suggesting that is what Colin would do.

Cradge Bank
1st March 2007, 11:49
Yep, it would be an excellent opportunity to promote SCSA to BTCC punters.

Imagine taking one of the SCSA cars to each BTCC event and promoting the series...

Imagine Alan Gow agreeing to that...

JovialJooles
1st March 2007, 13:34
Imagine Alan Gow agreeing to that...

:D

Cradge Bank
1st March 2007, 14:08
:D

Be a bit like Tesco letting Lidl have a stand in their entrance hall.

Would never happen and, even if it did, it wouldn't make nay difference!

turn 4 mad
1st March 2007, 14:22
Balls. Oh well, suppose it was only a matter of time before we got some negative SCSA news after all the positive stuff ;(

come on everyone, lets just wait and see what happens there are alot of things going on behind the scenes, the last thing we need right now is negative threads being placed on here, seems thats all pickup ever does.
Can i just sat pickup if your not happy with scsa then just stay on the pick ups site, after all this is a SCSA forum.

pickup
1st March 2007, 14:50
come on everyone, lets just wait and see what happens there are alot of things going on behind the scenes, the last thing we need right now is negative threads being placed on here, seems thats all pickup ever does.
Can i just sat pickup if your not happy with scsa then just stay on the pick ups site, after all this is a SCSA forum.

The fist thing is this subject was started under the thread " 9 weeks to go what do you want from SCSA this season" where TDB reported that Colin White and Malcom Klien had been testing BTCC cars and were they staying in SCSA, nobody had a positive answer so when i saw this report i thought i would share it under a new thread for people to see the latest report (this report is nothing to do with me) why would you take it as negative? it says he is evaluating a change but will be in SCSA for 2007.
Second thing is, have you read all my previous posts? if you have then you will see that i am very positive for SCSA this season and am looking forward to a better grid and much closer racing, and as i have said PREVIOUSLY there is nothing i would rather see than this series growing and succeeding!
Third thing, if you had followed this forum and knew what you were talking about then you would know there is not a specific forum for pickups as has been discussed in many threads before so as we are all on the same bill these things are shared on this forum by all associated with Rockingham.

Chigley
1st March 2007, 15:22
after all this is a SCSA forum.

Turn 4 mad please accept that is, and will always be, a forum where PuT and SCSA matters are discussed together and are interlinked. Your dream of an exclusive SCSA forum won't happen.

If anything, you are the one who has negative vibes by trying to split SCSA and PuT. Read your own signature, the last I knew both SCSA and PuT raced on the oval.

inamo
1st March 2007, 15:39
I don't think pickup was being negative at all. Just passing on some information he had found. It is inevitable in all race series that drivers progress, and look for new challenges.

Just as in previous years until qualifying/race day of the first meeting it's unlikely we'll know exactly who's racing. Enjoy the speculation 'til then ;)

JovialJooles
1st March 2007, 16:22

The forum covers both ASCARS and Pickups.

I must admit I have lost track of all the changes, but as far as I am aware SCSA refers to the race series which includes Pickups.

At the end of the day both are covered here.

JovialJooles
1st March 2007, 16:23
Be a bit like Tesco letting Lidl have a stand in their entrance hall.

Would never happen and, even if it did, it wouldn't make nay difference!

It's a shame there isn't a tongue in cheek smilie, as my post was intended to be such.

Anyway, I think it's a bit mean to compare BTCC to Lidl. :p :

Dave17
1st March 2007, 19:10
The forum covers both ASCARS and Pickups.

....and anything else connected with Rockingham, the NASCAR cup, NASCAR Busch, jokes, have you seen this on Youtube, the latest Batracer game Witty's cats and various pictures of Chigley waving flags....http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy0194.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

Chigley
1st March 2007, 20:19
and various pictures of Chigley waving flags....

Now that should be outlawed !!!! and death rays strike photogs who point their cameras at anything other than cars and pitbabes. ;)

pickup
1st March 2007, 20:50
I don't think pickup was being negative at all. Just passing on some information he had found. It is inevitable in all race series that drivers progress, and look for new challenges. ;)

I certainly wasn't intending to be negative, i had previousy read something refering to Colin and the BTCC and thought i would share the article as not everybody reads motorsport publications.
If the forum was dedicated just to positive news about stockcars and excluded everything else as turn 4 mad would like there wouldn't be many people posting.(didn't mean that to sound negative) We live in a world of positives and unfortunately negatives which make for interesting discussions on forums and as they say there is no such thing as bad publicity.
Wasn't it turn 4 mad that had the provocative signature about Sonny Howard and Pickuptrucks? and when asked what he had against them replied that he liked them but complains when i mention them telling me this is an SCSA ONLY FORUM!

turn 4 mad
1st March 2007, 22:02
look all im saying is that too many people on here jump to conclusions and should just hold back and wait to see what happens. we all need to be positive right now, and if not when but if things do happen then we can all be negative. i work with one of the teams in scsa and know alot of what is going on but am not in the position to say, so please just hold tight and things will be good.

english4ever
1st March 2007, 22:46
*so please just hold tight and things will be good.* Well said Bremner! Hows them ears?

turn 4 mad
1st March 2007, 22:54
*so please just hold tight and things will be good.* Well said Bremner! Hows them ears?

Not too bad now i think?, been down the unit fibre glassing the front of a certain scsa car ready for paint!!

pickup
1st March 2007, 23:03
look all im saying is that too many people on here jump to conclusions and should just hold back and wait to see what happens. we all need to be positive right now, and if not when but if things do happen then we can all be negative. i work with one of the teams in scsa and know alot of what is going on but am not in the position to say, so please just hold tight and things will be good.

Who's jumping to
"conclusions and should just hold back and wait to see what happens".
So what do we wait until an official announcement is made in 2008 and then say oh yeah saw that article last year but didn't dare mention it. All i did was copy a report that had been published in the motoring press about a drivers proposed plans for the future i just can't see why you should interpret that as negative it's just an update on an SCSA driver!
"we all need to be positive right now, and if not when but if things do happen we can all be negative"
Sorry but i don't understand what you are trying to say there perhaps somebody can translate.
"so please just hold tight and things will be good"
I'm sure that i and many people support that statement.

tdb
1st March 2007, 23:50
Calm down turn 4 mad!

I have disagreed with some of pickup's posts in the past, however he has only posted what is common knowledge!

Your team boss knows all about it!
And i think you are the one spreading the majority of negativity!

As the saying goes, A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

cgs
2nd March 2007, 12:26
i see no reason why this shouldn't be posted as like pickup said, its informing members of some SCSA news reported in the press. its not like he's posting an unfounted rumour he made up himself or saying "SCSA sucks".