PDA

View Full Version : GT1 on tv

tech3
10th March 2010, 17:39
Hi. I've been following F1 and WRC for many years now, but I'm quite interested by the new FIA GT1 world championship, despite never really watching GT racing before. I was wondering what tv channel in the uk, will it be broadcast on?

Jag_Warrior
10th March 2010, 20:21
Sorry, I can't answer your question about the UK. But I've been wondering the same thing about the U.S. Hopefully Speed Channel will carry it here, but I haven't seen anything yet.

wedge
11th March 2010, 00:30
Hi. I've been following F1 and WRC for many years now, but I'm quite interested by the new FIA GT1 world championship, despite never really watching GT racing before. I was wondering what tv channel in the uk, will it be broadcast on?

Eurosport most likely

ch4 shows 1/2 hour highlights on Sunday mornings or some odd graveyard hour

AndyRAC
11th March 2010, 11:33
Eurosport most likely

ch4 shows 1/2 hour highlights on Sunday mornings or some odd graveyard hour

Eurosport or Sky Sports most likely.
Really, with all the repeats ITV4 show, it should be on there. A World Championship needs to be on Terrestrial TV....

dcr22B
7th April 2010, 08:53
Anyone any updates on the TV coverage for this as it starts in 10 days time?

dcr22B
10th April 2010, 20:18
Just saw that they're showing the races on ESPN, opportunity missed as it's a subscription channel :-(

AndyRAC
10th April 2010, 21:49
Just saw that they're showing the races on ESPN, opportunity missed as it's a subscription channel :-(

I'd agree with you. However, maybe none of the 'normal' channels wanted it. Which considering one of them gives 7-8 hours to BTCC meetings is strange. This is an FiA World Championship, don't forget.

UltimateDanGTR
11th April 2010, 07:18
ESPN? Oh for flip sake.

I really hope motors tv at least have highlights, but i doubt it.

dj4monie
18th April 2010, 21:25
It will be shown on Bloomberg, the deal came together late.

The Silverstone event will be exclusively on Bloomberg, I am not sure currently if it will be also available online but it likely will be. Making it the only world championship to run locally on most TV's world-wide and the internet.

http://www.gt1world.com/news/article/bloomberg-television

They will also offer live coverage of European GT3!

dj4monie
18th April 2010, 21:28
Sorry, I can't answer your question about the UK. But I've been wondering the same thing about the U.S. Hopefully Speed Channel will carry it here, but I haven't seen anything yet.

Screw Speed, its online http://www.gt1world.com

I watched the entire thing both qualifying and races online and found out later the championship race was on Bloomberg.

Seems Ratel wants everybody to see it, can't say the same for WTCC...

billiaml
19th April 2010, 15:03
Screw Speed, its online http://www.gt1world.com

I watched the entire thing both qualifying and races online and found out later the championship race was on Bloomberg.

I watched online, too. It was GREAT! Okay, I'm a Ford guy so, given the outcome, I may be a bit biased. Even though the picture was smaller than if I watched it on tv, I liked having the race in one window and timing & scoring on another. Now, if I could just get dual screens @ home like I have @ work,... :p :

dj4monie
3rd June 2010, 10:50
I watched online, too. It was GREAT! Okay, I'm a Ford guy so, given the outcome, I may be a bit biased. Even though the picture was smaller than if I watched it on tv, I liked having the race in one window and timing & scoring on another. Now, if I could just get dual screens @ home like I have @ work,... :p :

I have one large screen (24") so full screen was fine for Dubai and good for Silverstone, but for Brno wasn't that good and the feed kept breaking down. I had to leave it normal size. Which is fine because the stream (not live) was fine after that but I just watched the rest of it on Bloomberg.

I had to email Zap2It to correct the Electronic Guide in my Media Center. Now its listed and I have saved as a series, so everytime its on Bloom it will record it.

I hear it will be on Speed2 when it finally goes online as well.