PDA

View Full Version : Collard to WSR

VkmSpouge
10th March 2010, 00:20
Rob Collard is to join Andy Neate at WSR this season. The team are looking at a third car for reigning champion, Colin Turkington.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1834

I hope Motorbase are still able to field both their BMWs

tisme
10th March 2010, 00:26
Even after two years he is obviously not impressed with Motorbase!

“ However, I had to look at what’s best for my career, so to now be driving in a championship-winning team is a real bonus for me.”

mattie007
10th March 2010, 00:28
Strange that the championship winner still hasn't got a seat! I think this confirms WSR will be a 3 car squad next season.

WSRfan82
10th March 2010, 02:41
im thrilled as long as turks get a drive with WSR then my dream team is complete

RaceOnBtcc2010
10th March 2010, 10:08
colin turkington was out the other week testing the WSR car at thruxton so there is the possible chance of him coming back to defend his title this year ,,

JBAFCB
10th March 2010, 17:04
I hope Turkington defends his title because the championship would be so much poorer without him espec with the likes of Givonardi not being there next season. I just worry that Turkington hasn't signed yet. I would have thought it would have been a done deal by now

MG2004
10th March 2010, 20:24
I am a long time Rob Collard fan and I am really pleased he has secured a drive for 2010.....but I hope he doesn't live to regret this decision.

He didn't thrive at WSR, his last season there was far from a happy one. The environment at Motorbase seemed to suit him far better and Motorbase progressed really well over the last 2 seasons.

I hope he fits in better at WSR this time around and feels "at home" quickly.
Hoping for a quick return to the podium!

BTCC2
10th March 2010, 22:22
When Collard was last at WSR though the MG ZS was coming to the end of being competetive. Turkington was always able to get more out of the car yes, but then that's an ability that all champions have. In a competetive car I think Collard is a good driver, not a great driver, but a good one. I certainly feel he will have more success than Jelley had.

Matty
10th March 2010, 23:02
Good news for Rob, but a bit of a long shot here, but I'd love to see Mat Jackson take the seat at Motorbase, sliding around in a BMW again.

BTCC2
10th March 2010, 23:31
Good news for Rob, but a bit of a long shot here, but I'd love to see Mat Jackson take the seat at Motorbase, sliding around in a BMW again.

Read that very thing as a rumour somewhere. May well have just been the official forum.

wedge
11th March 2010, 00:37
I'm all too happy to take another bite at my own hat.

Collard deserves it. You're a solid driver when you put your mind to it.

Allyc85
11th March 2010, 18:45
Blimey didnt see this coming after what he said the other week! Still cant blame him for taking the seat, why would you turn down one the best when you get the chance?

DazzlaF1
11th March 2010, 19:19
Blimey didnt see this coming after what he said the other week! Still cant blame him for taking the seat, why would you turn down one the best when you get the chance?

Ditto, I had him nailed down for one of the Motorbase drives, but like you say, not many would turn down the chance to drive for the reigning champions.

I hope Turks manages to get what should be a 3rd seat at WSR and I hope Motorbase are able to field a couple of cars