PDA

View Full Version : BBC F1 2010 Preview - On Red Button Now

philipbain
9th March 2010, 20:40
Hi everyone, just a heads up to all you UK based F1 fans that the BBC's preview of the 2010 season is now on the red button on BBC One. Jake, Jonathan, Eddie, Martin & Crazy Dave have a chat about the new season and they rip the piss out of Crazy Dave for his blatant Red Bull bias!

Sonic
9th March 2010, 20:56
Yeah, saw some of that yesterday. Eddie Jordan being a pr1ck as always!

steveaki13
9th March 2010, 23:20
I watched it a few days ago, and although EJ has always been a bit.... well unconventional to say the least I thought he seemed a bit unfocused on some points, never the less the 4 speakers made some valid points. On the whole a good lead up to the season.

Dave B
10th March 2010, 08:22
My favourite exchange: Eddie Jordan getting all self-righteous about new teams and their potential ability to embarrass the sport if they can't afford to complete the season.

Swiftly followed by Martin Brundle reminding him that Jordan didn't always have funding in place and would survive from race to race.

:D

Dave B
10th March 2010, 08:59
You can ask Eddie a question here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8556081.stm

Alternatively, read some of his earlier responses here: :p
http://www.sniffpetrol.com/2009/11/16/ask-eddie-jordan/

christophulus
10th March 2010, 09:40
Alternatively, read some of his earlier responses here: :p
http://www.sniffpetrol.com/2009/11/16/ask-eddie-jordan/

Genius :)

It's not on Freeview, annoyingly. Hopefully the free practice sessions will be..

Dave B
10th March 2010, 09:45
Freeview lost a red-button channel to make way for BBC HD, so F1 will have to fight for space this year. And there's a world cup. Might be worth getting a 2nd-hand Sky box, you can pick them up for peanuts.

The preview is on the BBC website though, if that helps :)

Mark
10th March 2010, 13:01
Freeview lost a red-button channel to make way for BBC HD, so F1 will have to fight for space this year. And there's a world cup. Might be worth getting a 2nd-hand Sky box, you can pick them up for peanuts.

The preview is on the BBC website though, if that helps :)

I think the feed on freesat is also the same as they one you get on Sky.

Dave B
10th March 2010, 13:21
I think the feed on freesat is also the same as they one you get on Sky.
Yes. The BBC service is exactly the same on both platforms. The Sport Multiscreen can be phenomenal with up to six screens. Freeview is the poor relation, with only one interactive stream now.

Dave B
10th March 2010, 13:30
By the way, I've been on the internet and I found this (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/pressred/2010/03/whatson-6mar.shtml):

Jenson Button's Glorious Season†
Looking back at the 2009 F1 Season and Jenson Button's road to success.
Saturday 20th February from 2.30pm
Sunday 7th March, 10am - Friday 12th March, 12.30pm
(Sky/Virgin/Freesat. Not available on Freeview)

- Murray Walker's F1 Season†
Murray Walker takes Red Button viewers through the upcoming races and looks back at Classic Grands Prix.
Wednesday 10th March, 6pm - Saturday 13th March, 6am

- Inside F1†
Looking ahead to the weekend's Grand Prix.
Friday 12th March, 10.30pm - Saturday 13th March, 6am
Friday 26th March, from 6.30pm

- Classic F1†
Looking back at memorable Grands Prix.
Wednesday 24th March, 6pm - Saturday 27th March, 6am

edv
10th March 2010, 15:40
Thanks for the link, Dave!

I love how the Volume level goes to 11 (shades of Spinal Tap!) LOL

Dave B
10th March 2010, 15:45
Thanks for the link, Dave!

I love how the Volume level goes to 11 (shades of Spinal Tap!) LOL
It works in Canada? Nice. I guess the studio stuff doesn't fall into FOM's juristiction so international rights aren't an issue :up:

inimitablestoo
10th March 2010, 19:51
Incidentally, the preview is on Freeview right now, according to my digibox TV guide thingy, and the Classic Grands Prix are on from tomorrow night at 11pm.

christophulus
10th March 2010, 22:59
Incidentally, the preview is on Freeview right now, according to my digibox TV guide thingy, and the Classic Grands Prix are on from tomorrow night at 11pm.

Thanks for the heads up, set it to tape :up:

On the plus side, all of the free practice sessions do seem to be listed on the red button channel on Freeview, at least for Bahrain. :)

wedge
11th March 2010, 00:16
Yeah, saw some of that yesterday. Eddie Jordan being a pr1ck as always!

The F1 world would be boring place without the likes of EJ around and everyone else slapping eachother's backs.

Agreed with him entirely with Schumi. Schumi should've retired when he was still at the top.

Dave B
11th March 2010, 11:24
Thanks for the heads up, set it to tape :up:
Tape? Is it the '90s? :eek: :p