PDA

View Full Version : RBR MF Cup - S2 - Round 5 Acropolis Rally

Bruce D
8th March 2010, 06:08
*No pic at this stage due to yet another uploading site that doesn't frigging work anymore!!! Running out of them quickly here*

Acropolis Rally Event Info
-----------------------------
12-14 March 2010
RBR MF Cup Season 2 - Round 5

Rules
-----
Open to WRC, S2000, N4-N1 and A7-A5 cars
Tyre choice is free for all stages
Pacenotes - Audio only, not visual
One SuperRally per leg, 3min penalty for each SuperRally used.

Stages
------
Leg 1
SS1 - Tanner (Japan) - Mod: Normal - Weather: Cloudy Damp - 3.9km
SS2 - Pikes Peak (BTB) - Mod: Normal - Weather: Clear - 19.4km
SS3 - Jourdain (New stages) - Mod: Normal - Weather: Clear - 5.5km

Leg 2
SS4 - Joux Plane (France) - Mod: Gravel - Weather: Clear - 11.1km
SS5 - Canyon (New Stages) - Mod: Gravel - Weather: Clear - 2.1km
SS6 - Joux Verte (France) - Mod: Gravel - Weather: Clear - 7.9km

Leg 3
SS7 - Joux Plane II (France) - Mod: Gravel - Weather: Light fog - 11.1km
SS8 - Cote D'Arbroz II (France) - Mod: Gravel - Weather: Clear - 4.3km
SS9 - Pribram (New stages) - Mod: Gravel - Weather: Clear - 9.1km

Total Distance - 74.4km

Entries
-------
Send your entries to BruceD by PM or by email to [email:3gk4wlzh]rbrmfcup@gmail.com[/email:3gk4wlzh] Entry info as follows: Name, Country, Team, Car.

Submitting times
----------------
Start each stage using the "RSRBR2009" button under the "play alone" section, do your stage. The time will be recorded in the window at the bottom of RsCenter. If its not recorded, you did something wrong. Use "public sessions" tab and "Go" button for BTB stages.

Once you have completed the stages you wish to do, select the File menu and click on "Save times" The times are saved to your RBR directory under the folder "MyTimes". Once you have done all the stages, send all your html files to [email:3gk4wlzh]rbrmfcup@gmail.com[/email:3gk4wlzh] to be scored. Please note that more than 1 html file can be submitted so you don't have to do all the stages at one time.

Entries open immediately. Rally and entries close at midnight Tuesday 16th March 2010

lcd
8th March 2010, 09:09
Finally, the first all-gravel event of the season!
I welcome you all to my home 'car-breaking' rally! ;)

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5818/55thacropolisrallystart.jpg

Bruce D
8th March 2010, 10:29
This also marks the halfway point of the season, could it be a title decider?

Macd
8th March 2010, 11:53
Tinypic.com :) pikes peak could be the decider looking forward to this one :)

Francis44
8th March 2010, 11:54
It's going to be cool.

52Paddy
8th March 2010, 12:18
I'll put in an entry for this one later. It's been a long time since I've been on the stages. But can we use the RSRBR10 mod or must it be the 09 version?

Macd
8th March 2010, 12:47
It's the 2010 mod. I think Bruce has just forgotten to update the rules ^_^

tannat
8th March 2010, 13:05
Hmmmmm French stages=somewhat smooth-nice.....

Really hoping to move up from dead last for this one.

lcd
8th March 2010, 13:13
...pikes peak could be the decider...

Agreed!

Bruce D
8th March 2010, 13:50
It's the 2010 mod. I think Bruce has just forgotten to update the rules ^_^

Actually it's RSRBR09 and RSRBR2010 allowed at this time, mainly because I can't get the latest version. But I'm working on it, begging a local magazine to put it on their DVD for next month.

BTW Shot for the webpage, exactly what I need!!! :D

So here's the picture at last (another of LCD's fine pieces of art)

http://i50.tinypic.com/654gev.jpg

Bruce D
8th March 2010, 13:56
BTW the first round of the SA Rally Championship was held on the weekend, thought I'd share the SS1 stage times, check how close our series is...! :D

http://i49.tinypic.com/o6ybg6.jpg

Eventual winning margin of the rally was 24.9sec!

BTW the Fiesta you see in the Top 10 there was one of those brand new M-Sport ones, sadly a brake line broken on a road section on Day 2 and the whole car burnt out! :S

52Paddy
8th March 2010, 14:44
What are the rules regarding practice?

Bruce D
8th March 2010, 15:09
A little bit complicated but it works like this. You can practice the stages as many times as you like, until you are happy with things, but once you have started your real runs (the ones you will submit) you can only do each stage once and in the correct order. It's done on a trust basis (sometimes things get a little bit questionable from some people) with the HTML file system doing a good job of checking things too. Only time I really allow restarts or reloads of a stage once you have started your real runs is when there is a error in loading the stage or something out of your control happens.

However, if you DNF a stage, you can use the SuperRally rule where you skip that stage, get the winning stage time + 3min as your time, and move on. However you only have 1 per leg of each rally so if you use it up and crash again, you are DNF in the rally itself.

lcd
8th March 2010, 16:48
LOL Bruce!!! :D Just checked my emails and read your comment about 'Grave' Motorsports typo!!! :laugh:

Macd
8th March 2010, 17:01
But I'm working on it, begging a local magazine to put it on their DVD for next month.

Where abouts are you. Your in the uk ? I can send you a dvd with all the stuff if you like :)

tannat
8th March 2010, 17:25
What are the rules regarding practice?

Paddy-lets be teammates if you join in.

Team "Equipe au Memphis" :p

NeverKnow
8th March 2010, 19:19
Looks like a good rally. Looking forward how it turns out for me. Solid result is a must but I fear it won't be easy.

I didn't know that there are so many S2000 cars in SARC and only 4 N group cars on this rally. SARC also looks more competitive than the current WRC series.

Francis44
8th March 2010, 19:40
I think I need a podium place if I still want to be champion, but NeverKnow is way fast and im not sure if I can make it.

52Paddy
8th March 2010, 19:59
Paddy-lets be teammates if you join in.

Team "Equipe au Memphis" :p

Fine by me. Look forward to working with you on a new challenge :beer:

What class/car are we running?

Nice team name too, if not a little biased towards my American friend :p :

Macd
8th March 2010, 20:06
Anyone know how to do 3D renders of RBR cars? Looking to do a 3D render of the OMV garage :)

tannat
9th March 2010, 05:17
Could someone confirm the length of Pikes Peak for me?

Had a peak (forgive the pun) at it last night, and after a screenful of error messages was presented with what appeared to be Cote D'Arboz, and only 4.5 km in length......

Bruce D
9th March 2010, 05:54
No something is wrong there. Maybe try downloading it individually from the rallyesim site and installing it again. I seem to remember LCD and NeverKnow having a similar problem before and sorting it out that way. Maybe those 2 can confirm?

Bruce D
9th March 2010, 05:56
Where abouts are you. Your in the uk ? I can send you a dvd with all the stuff if you like :)

Nah, in South Africa. LCD sent me a DVD last time of RSBRR09 but I was hoping to download it myself this time. It all failed in December so now I'm trying Plan B. While talking to Paul yesterday he has direct links to people in the magazine so he's pulling some strings for me too. We'll see what happens. I just feel lame if people have to send me DVDs every year!

Bruce D
9th March 2010, 06:03
I didn't know that there are so many S2000 cars in SARC and only 4 N group cars on this rally. SARC also looks more competitive than the current WRC series.

Yeah it is brilliant at the moment. We had a big jump in S2000 cars this year. We've averaged about 6 for the last couple of years but now it was 17 on this event and supposed to be 18 later in the year when Conrad Rautenbach gets his Fiesta but now Wilken's Fiesta burnt out, Schalk Burger had a frightening accident (ending upside down in a river) and has crushed vertebra and Mohammed Moosa crashed at the same spot and has a broken collarbone so looks like we're down on numbers for a while. Only 5 of them are works cars - Fekken, Kuun and Habig in VWs and Mark Cronje and Johnny Gemmel in Auris's. The rest are all private entries.

Rautenbach made me laugh though. He came to do a event about 3 years ago here and nearly won in a N4 car versus our S2000s, and everyone said it was because we weren't used to pacenotes. Right after that we changed to pacenote rallies and now he comes here and is only in the top 10. Also laugh cos with all his WRC experience he spent most of this event spinning off the road - welcome to Durban mate! We have the best (according to the late Ove Andersson who rallied here in the 70s) roads in the world but also hellish slippery. :D

NeverKnow
9th March 2010, 07:55
Could someone confirm the length of Pikes Peak for me?

Had a peak (forgive the pun) at it last night, and after a screenful of error messages was presented with what appeared to be Cote D'Arboz, and only 4.5 km in length......
Yes, it certainly seems like there's a problem with the track files. As Bruce suggested downloading the stage separately should solve the problem. You can find the stage file here (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=328&t=1605). Download it and copy it to RXRSRBR folder in the RBR root directory. Then the stage should appear in the BTB track test list when you launch RSRBR again.

raybak
9th March 2010, 10:25
I'm hoping to enter. Have my new computer tonight.

Ray

52Paddy
9th March 2010, 10:34
Yeah, none of the BTB stages work for me in RSRBR. I'll download Pikes Peak separately and see if it works.

Looking at past results, it seems tannat, you're running a Focus WRC08. With a fresh version of RSRBR10 installed, I can only get the 2007 WRC cars. How do you get the 2008 pack? And also, there is no S2000 cars in the program either.

Sorry about all of these questions but I've never used this program before.

52Paddy
9th March 2010, 10:48
Ok I downloaded Pikes Peak and extracted the folders into RXRSRBR folder. But I still get this message when I try to play the track: BTBStages1 File Absent!

And there are no tracks showing in the BTB Tracks Test box either.

NeverKnow
9th March 2010, 10:54
Yeah, none of the BTB stages work for me in RSRBR. I'll download Pikes Peak separately and see if it works.

Looking at past results, it seems tannat, you're running a Focus WRC08. With a fresh version of RSRBR10 installed, I can only get the 2007 WRC cars. How do you get the 2008 pack? And also, there is no S2000 cars in the program either.

I had similar problem with RSRBR10 when I only installed the A8W car pack (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=361&t=2952). It allowed me to choose from 99-07 and 09 cars but not the 08 ones. The solution for me was to install the complete car pack (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=371&t=2967) (It includes all the cars currently available for RSRBR).
For the S2000 cars there are two options: this (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=361&t=2959) (if you only installed A8W car pack)or the complete car pack (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=371&t=2967).

NeverKnow
9th March 2010, 11:10
Ok I downloaded Pikes Peak and extracted the folders into RXRSRBR folder. But I still get this message when I try to play the track: BTBStages1 File Absent!

And there are no tracks showing in the BTB Tracks Test box either.
That's odd. I just tested on my laptop and the track worked ok (with the BTB stage pack as well the separately loaded one), well apart some few error lines when loading it but the stage itself was in working conditions.

Let's start from beginning. Did you install the RSRBR in this way:
RBR, RBR patch 1.02, RSRBR10, RSRBR update 3 (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=4295). The rest is up to you what you want to install: RSRBR car pack (which ever you like) and BTB stages (there are 4 packages (http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewforum.php?f=442)at the moment).

Edit: don't extract the *.7z file. Just copy PikesPeak121.7z to RXRSRBR folder. RSRBR will deal with the extraction process itself when you want to run the stage.

Bruce D
9th March 2010, 11:20
Yeah my guess Paddy is you didn't download and install the BTB stages packs. Also, although I'm not 100% clued up on 2010 version, the BTB stages will appear in a stage pack (like New Stages, etc) not the BTB tab.

And Neverknow, thanks for the .7z tip, I tried something the other night with my RSRBR09 and it didn't work. That was probably why.

tannat
9th March 2010, 13:02

Hi Paddy,

I'm running an 08 Focus. Despite loading the patch the 09 is still shutting down at the starting line...

But feel free to drive what you like :D

52Paddy
9th March 2010, 13:11
I got Pikes Peak working by installing separately. It works fine now. And by updating RSRBR, I know have all the car categories. Thanks for the help guys :)

Macd
9th March 2010, 14:24
Hi Paddy,

I'm running an 08 Focus. Despite loading the patch the 09 is still shutting down at the starting line...

But feel free to drive what you like :D

My 09 focus is working fine. I haven't had an issue with stalling yet .

tannat
9th March 2010, 16:51
My 09 focus is working fine. I haven't had an issue with stalling yet .

I may have missed an update-will check when I get home.

Pikes Peak now okay-thansk to all for help.... :up:

52Paddy
9th March 2010, 22:22
I have failed to finish the rally. Here is my report:

Well, it's been a while since I've competed so I expected to be rusty. Also, I never before used the RSRBR program. I did plenty of testing before hand. I tried out different cars and stages to get a feel for everything, though the Focus WRC08 was still relatively new to me.

The rally itself was full of mistakes but I expected to be a little jittery on the stages. I fell down a gorge at the end of Tanner (SS1) so getting help cost me over half a minute. Pikes Peak was mostly OK except the co-driver fails to use the distance notes. Therefore, at times I broke way too early for corners and at other times, overshot them. Jourdain was a sound enough run.

Leg 2 was worse. I got over half way through Joux Plane and I was very impressed with the car and my pace. It could have been a fairly respectable time, I'm sure. But I got caught out at a corner and hit the wooden barriers guarding the outside. My engine was instantly gone and had to retire. SuperRally meant I could take part on the Canyon, but that was a very messy run. It seemed like there was no grip and Joux Verte was similar though I reckon it was still my best stage of the rally.

The final leg unfortunately ended it all. Joux Plane caught me out again (albeit in reverse mode this time) as a crash put the engine out of action. The roads were very bad and the car seemed to understeer a lot in the slightly foggy conditions. I was able to start the next stage under SuperRally but suffered a spin early on which really frustrated me. The conditions (although selected as 'Good') seemed to be quite dark and misty (reminiscent of the previous stage) but I presume that this was the nature of the track. Regardless, a strong push to make up for lost time did me no favours as I lost control on a fast, narrow section and clattered a tree. Rally over.

In conclusion, I'm a little disappointed that I couldn't bring the car home as it would have been nice to score some points for myself and the team first time out. But, even so, it's a learning experience and hopefully, with a few more rallies in this series under my belt, I can make a more serious approach to the African championship which will be running soon. I also prefer driving S2000 and N4 cars to WRC so I will use this championship as a learning exercise. That's not saying I won't be trying to get good results though! :D

Best of luck to the rest of you :up:

tannat
9th March 2010, 22:31
Good report Paddy! :up:

See past rallies-I've found a steep learning curve with this game...

Great to have you on board....

52Paddy
9th March 2010, 23:40
Good report Paddy! :up:

See past rallies-I've found a steep learning curve with this game...

Great to have you on board....

Thanks tannat. It's good to be back.

I always enjoyed playing this game and I believe my rate of progress here could be comparable to that of CMR2. I won't count my chickens before they hatch, but I've got a different mind-set this time around :)

Bruce D
10th March 2010, 06:05
Paddy, feel free to enter S2000 or N4 cars rather if you want. I'm in S2000 for the rest of the season and I think when Sperger makes apperances he'll also be in S2000, it's not restricted to WRC cars.

Bruce D
10th March 2010, 08:18
Entry list so far, I might break the magic 10 entries by the end of the year...

http://i39.tinypic.com/rmivlf.jpg

tannat
10th March 2010, 12:20
LOVE Jourdain!!!!! :D

Bruce D
10th March 2010, 13:40
Really? Wasn't expecting people to like them much.

lcd
10th March 2010, 14:43
The tracks list Is fine, except the French stages;Too smooth gravel for a rough rally like this...
Maybe more Japan tracks or a couple of USA or Finland-gravel- tracks would be closer to the acropolis feeling...Just my opinion.
Overall, the difficulty level Is been dramatically raised this season with the use of RSRBR mod.

Bruce D
10th March 2010, 15:09
Yeah this was a difficult event to select stages for. Not really any obvious choices so I tried to copy more of the mountainous forest stages than the roughness. I've only seen 1 person do a "Acropolis" stage and it wasn't rough at all.

tannat
10th March 2010, 15:31
Really? Wasn't expecting people to like them much.

Tight and twisty, adn lots of trees. Get it wrong and there will be damage.

Take away the trees (palms?) and this is reminiscent of Greece for me....

52Paddy
10th March 2010, 15:37
Paddy, feel free to enter S2000 or N4 cars rather if you want. I'm in S2000 for the rest of the season and I think when Sperger makes apperances he'll also be in S2000, it's not restricted to WRC cars.

Ok cheers. I thought team-mates had to run the same car, but re-reading the forum posts, I can see that I'm not restricted :D I may switch to S2000 or N4 for the next round, I shall see.

LOVE Jourdain!!!!!

Well, for the record, I didn't like many of these stages. Tanner was fine and Pikes Peak was ok (despite the awful pacenotes) but I haven't warmed to Jourdain. The French stages are nice but in gravel guise, they seem awful slippy and not as nice to drive as with tarmac. Canyon stage is very bumpy but I suppose that's what Acropolis could be argued to be and Pribram is quite a nice stage (in tarmac form at least) but I didn't get to drive it in this rally :(

lcd
10th March 2010, 16:47
...I've only seen 1 person do a "Acropolis" stage and it wasn't rough at all.

Unfortunately since 2005 - If you are talking for the real thing - when It was moved to locations near Athens,
Acropolis lost Its roughness as most stages, were chosen so to be smoother and harmless for the cars... :(

... I tried to copy more of the mountainous forest stages than the roughness.

You did pretty well regarding that Issue! ;)

lcd
10th March 2010, 17:01
Take a look at the crime comitted by the organizers, just a few days
before the start of rally...( 2006-2009 seasons)

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/6092/prepapistes.jpg

lcd
10th March 2010, 17:15
Just to get Into the spirit...! :D

CgnSsu4lZuA

sperger
11th March 2010, 11:36
Bruce. I've emailed my entry now so if yiu haven't received it let me know and I'll pm you

Bruce D
12th March 2010, 05:36
Yeah, got it. Will post the updated entry list just now. Got 10 people!!! :D

Bruce D
12th March 2010, 05:43
Updated entry list. Greyerlynx is the artist formerly known as Aaron Cloutier. =P

http://i42.tinypic.com/jfepna.jpg

lcd
12th March 2010, 07:52
...Got 10 people!!! :D

Nice! ;)

NeverKnow
13th March 2010, 16:45
I've complete my rally and what rally it was! Very tough and exhausting.
It started well with ok time on the first stage and personal best time on the second stage.
On SS3 I tried to get into a rhytm but I took it very carefully because on my recce run I overshot pretty much on every junction. It went well until the junction just before the finish line. I arrived the junction seeing trees are going right and over crest so I assumed the road was going to slighly right as well (the call 2 left came little too late). Well it did go but the route went left on the junction and I had to do 180 to get it right.
Second leg went well without major problems. It took me sometimes on SS4 to get into a rhytm and I took it slightly carefully on SS6 because of the negative camber on some of the corners. Also had some misshifts on SS6 but didn't lose much time to that.
And then arrived day 3 and everything went terribly wrong. I opted for intermediate tires on the first stage of the day thinking it might be little damp with the fog around. I wasn't ready for so low level of grip. It was nearly like driving on snow. I had so many incidents on this one and thankfully I stayed on the road. Till the near the end where was a descent I lost traction at the rear and the car spun. Took me some times to get into the right direction. I tried figure what happened using the onboard video footage but I don't know what happened and it left me none wiser.
SS8 I tried my best to gain some time but also little bit struggled for grip. I managed to stay on the road but I had a really scary moment at the end where there is descent followed by a hairpin right. I left the braking too late and locked up wheels. I pulled the handbrake to turn the car little bit around to limit the damage. We hit the guard railing with the left side but mechanicly didn't had any damage. Tried to take it easy rest of the stage.
Last stage of the rally went ok'sh but had a little incident with the barrels. On the first time on braking I lost traction at rear and had problems getting around the chikane made of barrels. On the second times I also locked the rear when braking but didn't had so much trouble getting around them.

I'm happy to reach the finish line because I had so many scary moments. As for result I'm not expecting much and happy with any place on the leaderboard.

52Paddy
14th March 2010, 00:44
I opted for intermediate tires on the first stage of the day thinking it might be little damp with the fog around. I wasn't ready for so low level of grip. It was nearly like driving on snow..

I made the same decision. That explains why the car was so hard to drive. I was really frustrated while driving in those conditions with inters on but I'll do some practice with dry tyres in light fog and see if its any better.

NeverKnow
14th March 2010, 12:34
I made the same decision. That explains why the car was so hard to drive. I was really frustrated while driving in those conditions with inters on but I'll do some practice with dry tyres in light fog and see if its any better.
I've done some extra testing with the tire options and dry tires are better on these foggy conditions but it requires different approach than on a normal dry gravel. It has slightly better traction when accelerating but braking is still very skiddish. I think the biggest difference is the confidence (which I didn't had when I ran the rally) in what speed the car can manage through the corners. Now I managed 50s faster time on intermediate tires if I didn't had to think about finishing and had more knowledge on the stage layout (it was first time on this stage when I ran the rally, it was very stupid of me not to do recce for this stage). I took it too carefully and didn't really push on the straights when it was safe to push but what is done is done.

NeverKnow
14th March 2010, 13:22
Here (http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Acropolis%20Rally/) are some pictures from the event.
And video media on SS3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9FIxbJSlx8), SS6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg5FoCI1k5M) and SS8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOOIvhBd1dU).

tannat
14th March 2010, 22:43
Here (http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj267/t6nns/Acropolis%20Rally/) are some pictures from the event.
And video media on SS3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9FIxbJSlx8), SS6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg5FoCI1k5M) and SS8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOOIvhBd1dU).

Your scooby looks exceptionally stable, NKnow :up:

52Paddy
15th March 2010, 00:33
Thanks for the video clips. Nice lines, especially on Joux Verte :up:

What program are you using to capture the video?

Bruce D
15th March 2010, 05:58
I was trying to work out what fog you guys were talking about, then I remembered I crashed out before that stage! =(

Mixed event for me, went well although I also overshot the junction in Jourdain, then things went wrong with a superrally and crashing on the next stage. Oh well, but at least I have improved the setup on my Polo quite well so I'm confident for the SAIRC.

lcd
15th March 2010, 07:40
Day1 was a disaster! After a nervous run of Tanner, came a dns In Pikes Peak (track didn't load, despite I Installed It manually)
and at the end of day1, couldn't stop from crashing from one palm tree to another!
That must have been on of my worst performances so far In season2!

Day2 was a lot better but I was kind of scared pushing harder In those
light-gravel twisty mountain roads, so I kept It safe!

Day 3 started fine, but ended tragically, with a broken engine, right after 1st split of Pribram.
Overall It was a quite unexpected rally; the weather conditions In Tanner and Joux PlaneII
plus the lack of grip, In all French stages, made this event a real tough one!

Photo highlights:

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9457/richardburnsrallysse201v.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1896/richardburnsrallysse201c.jpg
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7617/richardburnsrallysse201d.jpg
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6065/richardburnsrallysse201b.jpg

NeverKnow
15th March 2010, 08:28
What program are you using to capture the video?
I use Fraps to capture the footage and Super to convert to desired output. Though you have to register Fraps to record over 30 seconds at a time and the initial files can be very big and if they reach 4gb the program will split the footage to different files.

Your scooby looks exceptionally stable, NKnow :up:
Yeah I try to make the car stable so it easier to drive faster but I don't know if I was fast enough with the steady and clean approach on this rally. Will have to wait for the results. :)

... came a dns In Pikes Peak (track didn't load, despite I Installed It manually) ....
Weirdly enough I also had issues with Pikes Peak on my desktop computer. Loaded ok on saturday morning when I tried few setup changes but when I did the rally, it refused to start. Though I managed to run the stage with manual installment. Sometimes restarting RSRBR will fix it, other time it helps if you delete contents of RX_CONTENT.

Bruce D
15th March 2010, 11:53
Geez, this event has really turned into a car breaker. I thought that being the first all-gravel event of the year would bring some close times and results, but its the opposite.

Got 11 entries in the end, with a new guy Tomas joining up over the weekend, but I think he's another guy that can't get the registration to work on this site. The admin really need to sort it out, it's costing entries!

Still missing times for Macd, Tannat (who's asked for a slight extension which has been granted), Greyerlynx, and Sperger.

Bruce D
15th March 2010, 13:26
Paul writes:

Leg1: The rally got off a to a good start, I really enjoyed Tanner and set a respectable tim, well it felt good.

My run on Pikes Peak was my first to the top of the hill, and only my seconf run ever. I reckoned after running it that once, that there were no corners that could catch you out regardless of bad pacenotes, I found it easy. With some practice there I suppose you could get damn quick as most of the run off is drivable. I loved Jordain and had some close calls near the cliff faces, but a good run in the end.

Leg 2: Well one of my favourite stages in Richard Burns is Joux Plane, so really enjoyed the gravel there, the car felt like it was on rails ! My run at Canyon was my second ever and it was going good until I overshot a 'care' and had to get assistance. Joux Verte, another of my favourites in RBR, I thought I ran it well with one or two mistakes - but generally a quick run.

Leg 3: Well, this is where it all went wrong for me......Joux Plane II is brilliant, but having the fog and getting tired resulted in a combination of mistakes. The first 3/4 was near perfect, really on it. Then my concentration faded towards the end of the stage and ended up making some dumb mistakes, spinning, taking 'easys' in 2nd gear and so forth - but should be a respectable time none the less. Cote De Broze II was a bit of a disaster, I did not practice it as I know Cote De Broze well, but not the return run, so I just went for it. Well the stage is completely different running it backwards and I ended up going into the hairpins waaaay to quickly and I thought my run there stank ! Then the wheels fell off...... Pribram. This is not my favourite stage and I was running okay through it until I ran really wide and the game CTD. So I restarted it and my second run was a little worse in time through the first two sectors, eventually stopping from oil loss. So did not finish it and was not happy with Leg 3, it really ruined my rally.

Good Luck chaps.

ctbr
15th March 2010, 16:39
Got 11 entries in the end, with a new guy Tomas joining up over the weekend, but I think he's another guy that can't get the registration to work on this site.

Hi,
no problems with registration for me

/Tomas

tannat
15th March 2010, 17:08
I see Pribram is causing problems for many.

In practice I think the level of grip is a bit silly. It should not be so loose.

It is like driving on ice....

sperger
15th March 2010, 23:00
I have just sent in my times. This was a strange one for me. I've always preferred gravel but have never really done much in a S2000 car and I decided to swap cars for this event so it's been quite a steep learning curve.

Leg 1: started quite well for me contrary to what others have said, I actually found Tanner easier to drive slightly damp. It flowed really well for me and I did it as fast as I ever have in a WRC car in dry conditions. Pikes peak I seemed to be on the rev limiter all the way. It started quite well but then I lost concentration after about 12km and started to slow down and make stupid mistakes. Jourdain/mineshaft lite was another one that flowed better than I thought it would. I'm not that keen on it really I think the visibility is very poor or maybe it's just my eyesight. I took it slow and still managed to hit a few trees and rocks.
Leg 2: I enjoyed the first part of Joux plane but then it all went pear shaped near the end when I got a bit full of myself. Canyon is a wierd one, like riding a snake (probably) I managed not to kill the car so I suppose I should be happy. I have never liked the french stages because I'm rubbish on tar and can't get the hang of the hairpins but I enjoyed Joux verte more than I thought I would on gravel, especially the hairpins uphill. The ones on the way down I found hard to control and ended up using the barriers a lot.
Leg 3:Joux plane 2 I could have sworn was thick fog. Visibility was so bad but I quite enjoyed diving into corners and hoping for the best. My approach worked and I got to the end in one piece. Cote d'arbroz 2 is now officially my least favourite stage of the lot. My first couple of practice runs I barely got through the first few corners so I took it really easy in my rally. I am quite happy with my time though it was slow. Pribram was a complete unknown for me. I was so relieved to get through the first time round that my second circuit had every mistake I could think of.

Overall, I'm pleased that I had no DNF's or any need for super rally's but I don't think I will be anywhere near the leaders. I excel at mediocrity :)

Bruce D
16th March 2010, 06:06
Hi,
no problems with registration for me

/Tomas

Well great to see you managed to make it. Some people have really struggled. Would you like to be referred on the results as ctbr or your real name?

@ Sperger - haven't got your times in the system yet. Should I wait a little while?

ctbr
16th March 2010, 07:19
Would you like to be referred on the results as ctbr or your real name?
Depends on the result :) , no use Tomas Reinicke, ctbr is my forumname and the name registred at rallyesim.

Bruce D
16th March 2010, 08:10
Ok cool will do.

Bruce D
17th March 2010, 06:15
Just waiting for the times of Macd and Aaron and then I can post the results. The S2000 class was a crazy fight...

52Paddy
17th March 2010, 15:08
Just waiting for the times of Macd and Aaron and then I can post the results. The S2000 class was a crazy fight...

Do you post stage-by-stage results too? Am interested to see how I compared on the stages that I finished.

tannat
17th March 2010, 15:10
Do you post stage-by-stage results too? Am interested to see how I compared on the stages that I finished.

Check past threads, Paddy. Bruce does a fab job :up:

Ask him to email the result book to you as well. It is as thorough as jso1985s CMR2 results....

Bruce D
18th March 2010, 06:01
Probably based on the same program then, but yeah I do stage-by-stage results and also a results book which gives split times, etc.

Sorry for the delay in results, but Macd is still not submitting times! He did ask me for an extension but I'm not sure now whether to wait for him or make him DNF and move on.

Macd
18th March 2010, 09:07
I have been really busy with things this week. The earliest I can get my times in is 8pm tonight.

Bruce D
18th March 2010, 10:52
Ok no problem, then results will be released tomorrow then. I think we can all understand...

Macd
18th March 2010, 12:00

lcd
18th March 2010, 16:49
I'm curious to see how the battles between Francis VS NeverKnow and
me VS Macd will turn out... :confused:

Macd
18th March 2010, 19:40
Finished the event now. Went rather well despite a massive time loss on pikes peak with two flat out rolls.

The latest addition to the OMV garage. Before the accident on pikes. :D :D

http://i40.tinypic.com/1035tuq.jpg

Bruce D
19th March 2010, 08:26
Right, the time has finally arrived...

As far as the fight for the overall lead was concerned, well, there wasn't one. Francis44 just disappeared into the distance, winning every stage on the way to a wopping huge victory margin of over 2min 45sec! NeverKnow was a consistent 2nd while the rest jumped around a bit. Interestingly enough Macd almost caught his teammate on the last day - that would have caused interesting team orders!

New boy Paddy showed some good speed on some stages before retiring and ctbr also made a good showing on his first time out. But the fight of the rally, although rather briefly, was for S2000. Sperger and BruceD went at it, Bruce spinning on SS1 which gave Sperger a 5sec advantage. Over Pikes Peak BruceD stole back over 20sec to take the class lead but then overshot on Jourdain so that the overnight lead was just less than 9sec! However on Day 2 BruceD was flying over the first part of Joux Plane (24sec up at the last split) but crashed out. Just 0.03sec covered them over Canyon before BruceD binned it properly on Joux Verte and was out.

So now the championship goes back in Francis44's favour, but at this rate it's just going to be who wins the most rallies that decideds the title. OMV pulled further ahead in the teams championship.

Next on the Cup list is the super fast Rally Finland, so look out for that in a months time.

Coming up next week is the first round of the South African Internet Rally Championship, so look out for that from Tuesday (Monday is a holiday here).

http://i40.tinypic.com/hvwl5l.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2q2oapt.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/mjr68x.jpg

Bruce D
19th March 2010, 08:28
http://i40.tinypic.com/29em8sk.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2pqkin7.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/20tqb7a.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vih9hg.jpg

Results book available on request (1mb PDF file emailed to you).

NeverKnow
19th March 2010, 10:52
I am very, very pleased with the results for me and Macd. Good solid points for the teams championship. Unfortunately at the moment Francis is in a world of his own. I know there were some stages I could have gone faster but not that much to match the times on some of the stages. Hopefully on the next round I can put up more of a fight.
Currently the focus is on SAIRC 1st round and have good testing with S2000 car before the event.
Bruce could you please send me the results book?

tannat
19th March 2010, 11:27
Had a decent rally.... until SS7 and SS9 :(

Poor tire choice for the foggy stage, and Pribram was nearly undrivable.

Some nice times from my teammate :up:

Bruce-results book, please :D

tannat
19th March 2010, 14:57
Bruce-any chance at speculating what stages might be used in the next rally?

lcd
19th March 2010, 16:34
Very bad rally for me...Gongrats to Francis for this win!
Hope all competitors enjoyed It, no matter the result!

sperger
19th March 2010, 19:42
I'm really pleased with the result. Congratulations Francis, NeverKnow and MacD for the podiums. My tactic of trying to avoid DNF's and super rallies seems to be working for me and the S2000 Fiesta is a good car for me to drive. More controllable than a wrc for me and slightly more powerful and very stable under braking. I'm looking forward to the first of the south african rallies next week. Should be fun.

Can I have the results book please Bruce. Thanks again for your work on this.

Bruce D
20th March 2010, 08:24
I will only be able to send results books out again on Tuesday as I've left them at work.

Macd
20th March 2010, 23:32
Can I have a copy of the results please?

52Paddy
21st March 2010, 00:31
I'm pleased with some of my stage times. Never expected to reach the top 3. And I know that, on a good day, I can knock more time off those stages so hopefully I'll be competitive at further rallies :up:

I know that you said you don't have the results books at hand but, when you get them, could I get a copy too please? :)

52Paddy
21st March 2010, 00:31
Oh, and Bruce, I love the format. It's very professional and slick. Great work on running this championship man :s mokin:

Bruce D
23rd March 2010, 05:52
You should have seen what it was like when LCD was running it! I'm just average, he was brilliant.

52Paddy
23rd March 2010, 13:13
I got the results book. I'm very satisfied with my initial pace and two top 3 stage times. I reckon my pace can be close to Paul Minaar throughout the season if I avoid having to use the "call for help" feature - that really hurt me on Tanner (SS1).