PDA

View Full Version : Eurosport Coverage

Sulland
8th March 2010, 00:10
What do you think about the Eurosport coverage of IRC ?

Anything that could be improved ?
What is good ?

Barreis
8th March 2010, 10:36
Last night was terrible.. Coverage is good but with lot's of marketing every 2 minutes..

RS
8th March 2010, 11:29
Live stuff is great. Can only be improved by more accurate split times really.

Highlights shows are patchy. Example of Curitiba:

Day One - Bad
Day Two - Good
Magazine round up - Bad

Generally the footage itself if of good enough quality, it's just that the editing is poor. I sometimes wonder whether they are thrown together by someone at Eurosport HQ who does not know how rallying works and just doesn't understand how to tell the story of the rally.

It's something they really need to improve. I can forgive them when it is a nightly highlights show on the same day of the rally itself, but the wrap up show which is normally screened one or two days later should be much slicker.

Barreis
8th March 2010, 12:14
I thought last night someone was drunk outhere.. xd

omer yetis
8th March 2010, 14:51
I will be very happy if you can guide me guys to download IRC videos directly from a web site same way as the following web site.

http://wrc.mirafiori.com/wrc_2010/

is there any similar web site?

thanks for suggestions and help.

rgds
Omer Yetis

Sulland
8th March 2010, 16:03
I very much liked the split window comparison of inboard footage they did. Best use of inboard I have seen till now. If they could complement that with data showing engine rev, brake and speeder usage, that would be even better !

But seing a rallycar from the outside is still best, but more expensive to make !

RS
8th March 2010, 17:18
I will be very happy if you can guide me guys to download IRC videos directly from a web site same way as the following web site.

http://wrc.mirafiori.com/wrc_2010/

is there any similar web site?

thanks for suggestions and help.

rgds
Omer Yetis

You can get online highlights here: http://videos.eurosport.com/irc/irc-player.shtml

They are not the full programmes, but it is better than nothing.

I recommend Day 2 highlights from Brazil, nice footage of all the top guys pushing hard :)

omer yetis
9th March 2010, 08:19
thanks for the link RS.
if any other links to download please let me know.

rgds
Omer

Anderton
11th March 2010, 08:59
The round up/magazine show was bad imo. The daily round up shows have been ok.
Brazil was a bit of a coverage let down, but I think thats becasue of the superb coverage we saw in Monte Carlo.
Eurosport showed how to cover rallying with the live Monte Footage, practically covering every stage. It was fantastic!
Shame about the round up shows though.

tech3
25th March 2010, 19:16
The Argentina coverage was better. The editing was far better than Brazil which was pretty poor. Still anything is better than the dreadful motors tv wrc coverage

bluuford
25th March 2010, 23:46
The Argentina coverage was better. The editing was far better than Brazil which was pretty poor. Still anything is better than the dreadful motors tv wrc coverage

Well, I am not agree here. I think that Brazil coverage was the worst rally coverage I have ever seen... It was like choosing songs from youtube by putting random pairs of words in searching engine and then playing first songs that appear on the list. Shame on you Europsort! Donīt do that ever again, keep your flag high.. always!

RS
3rd April 2010, 18:31
In addition to Sardinia, there will also be live coverage from Scotland and Cyprus this year.

anto-t
29th June 2010, 15:04
No live Czech then??

Mirek
29th June 2010, 15:22
No, You have to come Yourself :)

anto-t
29th June 2010, 15:45
I am dont you worry..

Was there last year and it was great.. Im not sure yet if Im working or will have the rally off just to watch :)

RS
29th June 2010, 15:53
Seeing as this thread has popped back up, I just wanted to say that I thought the stuff from Ypres was really good. Some excellent shots from the helicpoter, and for the UK commentary at least they used the two commentators they use for the live stages and it worked better with two of them in conversation that just one rambling away.