PDA

View Full Version : What's your off-the-wall prediction for the coming season

AndyL
7th March 2010, 11:59
Make a prediction: what seems highly unlikely right now, but somehow you can imagine it might just happen? The more outlandish the better. At the end of the season the most unlikely prediction to have come true is the winner.

Here's mine: Rosberg will comfortably beat Schumacher, scoring more points and podiums over the season.

UltimateDanGTR
7th March 2010, 12:12
in a rain and safety car no particular Grand Prix, Sutil wins after the mercedes and mclarens experience problems, Ferrari call the wrong strategy, webber hits Chandhok whilst lapping him and Vettel spins off in dramatic style on the first lap.

thegreytist
7th March 2010, 12:47
Pedro de la Rosa being crowned world champion

7th March 2010, 19:16
A woman to replace one of the present drivers in one of the new teams by the end of the season

7th March 2010, 19:20
Al Fayed to launch PHAROAH GP team, sponsored by Harrods, with the aim of promoting Egyptian drivers.

F1boat
7th March 2010, 19:56
Barrichello to fight with MS for the championship.

Sonic
7th March 2010, 19:57
Alonso quits Ferrari after a series of bust ups with management after Lotus, Virgin and HRT beat them at the opening GP's.

7th March 2010, 19:58
Jon Venables named as new Mclaren team manager.

gloomyDAY
7th March 2010, 20:26
Loco DeMentalzemoley will impede Ferrari's towards winning a championship by micromanaging every aspect of the team.

Jon Venables named as new Mclaren team manager. :laugh:

CNR
7th March 2010, 20:45

given his car number this could happen

a top team will be given a 2 to 3 race ban for a breach of regulations

CNR
7th March 2010, 21:15
lewis will say he will quit more than once this year after after he is the slowest of the mercedes cars (mercedes, mclaren, force india)

Stuartf12007
7th March 2010, 21:28
Lewis Hamilton will announce he is pregnant and Ron Dennis is the father.

SGWilko
7th March 2010, 22:15
Alonso quits Ferrari after a series of bust ups with management after Lotus, Virgin and HRT beat them at the opening GP's.

Pay attention - something OFF THE WALL please!

SGWilko
7th March 2010, 22:17

Who? El Tel??? Are you having a senior moment?

Sonic
7th March 2010, 22:23
Pay attention - something OFF THE WALL please!

Ah yes, but pay attention, the one that comes true, wins! I'm quids in! :D

SGWilko
7th March 2010, 22:32

Ah, just watched the news. Jon Venables, suspeted kiddy fiiddler and infamous as jointly responsible for James Bulgers' death.

That's a nice thought Tamb.......

Someone you think of a lot?

gloomyDAY
7th March 2010, 23:14
Adrian Sutil will win a race.

Saint Devote
8th March 2010, 02:30
Michael Schumacher will win the championship causing the greatest upset in the history of F1.

That at 41 the former champion entering a changed era can defeat the top drivers of today who are at least 11 years younger will defiitely propel the German to the "greatest of all" level and reduce the stature of ALL the others.

superocean
8th March 2010, 02:38
One of the newer teams Virgin, lotus, hrt will get on the podium in the 8th-10th race with an awesome strategy. Not fuel strategy since it's banned but maybe with some well timed pit stop before a safety car.

Kamui will start a big rivalry with an established drivers and get a big fine for causing an accident.

Hamilton will alienate Button and the fathers will have a fight in the pits. Money on the pink shirt dude.

N. Jones
8th March 2010, 02:48
Lotus will score points in some second half GP.

Sauber will be on the podium in a rain-swept Hungarian GP where we will also see Nico Rosberg take his first ever win (deja-vu, anyone?).

slorydn1
8th March 2010, 03:03
The FIA will hire Peter Windsor to be to be CFO :eek:

Koz
8th March 2010, 03:15
Kimi comes back mid season for Red Bull when SV leaves to replace MS (that old neck thing) at Merc. Kimi decimates the field and is crowned world champion.

ozrevhead
8th March 2010, 06:40
Bruno Senna wins the Brazilian GP

ozrevhead
8th March 2010, 06:44
A bit risque but still very funny :rotflmao:

DexDexter
8th March 2010, 07:27
My outlandish prediction: Sutil will win a GP.

pino
8th March 2010, 08:34
Jarno will score more than 20 points :D

ArrowsFA1
8th March 2010, 10:01
Schumacher struggles to match the pace of the Virgins in the first few races and retires from F1 again after the Spanish GP where he runs outside the top 10, pulling into the pits before the end of the race complaining that the car was virtually impossible to drive.

leopard
8th March 2010, 10:09
Fernando has composed to say sorry to Felippe after wheels duel at Nurburgring 2007, although racing seems to be like that he tried to forget everything to enjoy the win.

If it happens that Felippe takes the lead and Fernando tries to smile and praise the teammate, telling that he is happy for it. I think it's a true champion attitude :)

DexDexter
8th March 2010, 10:40
Schumacher struggles to match the pace of the Virgins in the first few races and retires from F1 again after the Spanish GP where he runs outside the top 10, pulling into the pits before the end of the race complaining that the car was virtually impossible to drive.

Hmmm..echoes of certain Nigel? I'm too big for this car... ;)

AndyL
8th March 2010, 11:49
Some good predictions so far :) Sutil to get a win is a popular one.

Jon Venables to manage McLaren, Hamilton pregnant - OK somewhat plausible... but PdlR to win the championship? Come on, that's just too far out there :D

K-Pu
8th March 2010, 14:20

Hey! That was my prediction!

But here´s another one:

Any of the new teams scoring a podium or even win.

V12
8th March 2010, 15:14
Sauber to win a race (not necessarily on merit).

Dunno why, except they looked decent in testing and being artifically assigned numbers 22 and 23 (despite finishing elsewhere the previous year) seems to be the hot ticket in recent years.

Dave B
8th March 2010, 15:53
Mika Hakkinen, Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill become the latest ex-champions to be linked with a new team which turns up at Spa with a trailer load of spares demanding to be allowed to race a second-hand Arrows three-seater. Fearing a repeat of the backlash after Stefano-gate, Jean Todt allows them to race.

The car shows surprising pace, and the trio become the first ever joint winners of an F1 race - largely because they were all in the same car.

Mia 01
9th March 2010, 13:51
Sauber will finish fourth in the WCC.

Koba will win one race and Pedro another one.

call_me_andrew
10th March 2010, 04:57
The United States Army Corps of Engineers will purchase USF1 as a technical exercise.

Azumanga Davo
10th March 2010, 06:43
Tom Cruise to win Daytona and marry Nicole Kidman.

Ari
10th March 2010, 07:04
Sutil will win a race.

CNR
10th March 2010, 07:19
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iOpUwbQL8kylFqmi0dULhpCydLng

Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner feels an overlooked Mark Webber is the dark horse

kimi at red bull next year may be a bit of bull

jens
10th March 2010, 10:30
Two people have said that Sutil will win a race and I agree with this guess, because it is actually a plausible scenario especially if it rains. There is one eternal problem though - he will crash anyway, especially if he is a front-runner. :( :p :

Something else? Lotus Racing manages to improve so much during the course of the year that Trulli can qualify into Q3 at the end of the season. :p :

Barrichello reaches front row on the grid at Monza, because Cosworth is somehow the most powerful engine by then.

And finally: the emergence of either Hülkenberg or Buemi among the core of rainmasters by fighting for a podium position in a wet race.

ArrowsFA1
10th March 2010, 10:37
Hmmm..echoes of certain Nigel? I'm too big for this car... ;)
:laugh:

On another note I hadn't realised that, prior to refuelling, MS had only won two races. Now obviously refuelling wasn't the main factor in that particular statistic, but I think there's little doubt that strategy and the (effectively) sprint races that made up the GPs during the majority of his career played to his considerable strengths.

AndyL
14th November 2010, 15:26
Since people are dredging up predictions from up to 5 years ago :) let's review the "off the wall predictions" from before the start of the season:

Here's mine: Rosberg will comfortably beat Schumacher, scoring more points and podiums over the season.
Well I was spot on :D 142 points vs 72 and 3 podiums vs 0. Of course it doesn't look like a very off the wall prediction in hindsight, but hey, no-one called me on it at the time! In fact a lot of people were expecting Schumacher to destroy Rosberg.

webber hits Chandhok whilst lapping him
:up: Near miss, it was Kovalainen instead of Chandhok.

And finally: the emergence of either Hülkenberg or Buemi among the core of rainmasters by fighting for a podium position in a wet race.
:up: Not a podium, but Hulkenberg on pole in the wet in Brazil makes that a very good prediction!

Tumbo
23rd November 2010, 09:11
:up: Near miss, it was Kovalainen instead of Chandhok.

Though it wasn't when lapping but rather passing ;) !

Dave B
23rd November 2010, 09:24
Let's have a look back at some of them, then:

Yup :up:

...Ferrari call the wrong strategy
Spot on, at the last race!

... webber hits Chandhok whilst lapping him and Vettel spins off in dramatic style on the first lap.
Wrong backmarker, but staggeringly accurate!

World Champion at not finishing a season, perhaps?

A woman to replace one of the present drivers in one of the new teams by the end of the season
Uncanny:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/nicobritneyrosbergpassport-208x117.jpg

Al Fayed to launch PHAROAH GP team, sponsored by Harrods, with the aim of promoting Egyptian drivers.
Erm...

Barrichello to fight with MS for the championship.
If you'd left off the last three words...

We can only dream.

Bruno Senna wins the Brazilian GP
Didn't win much, did he? Poor chap.

Warriwa
23rd November 2010, 10:49
Webber to completely destroy Vettel all season.

CNR
23rd November 2010, 11:03
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iOpUwbQL8kylFqmi0dULhpCydLng

kimi at red bull next year may be a bit of bull

10th Mar 10, 18:19

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...mi0dULhpCydLng (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iOpUwbQL8kylFqmi0dULhpCydLng)

Originally Posted by http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=0#post0)
Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner feels an overlooked Mark Webber is the dark horse

CNR
23rd November 2010, 11:05
lewis will say he will quit more than once this year after after he is the slowest of the mercedes cars (mercedes, mclaren, force india)

8th Mar 10, 08:15
got this wrong

N. Jones
23rd November 2010, 17:29
Something OFF THE WALL?

Okay:

A Lotus, a Virgin, and a HRT will all be on the podium in either Monaco or Canada.

Valve Bounce
24th November 2010, 01:05
Make a prediction: what seems highly unlikely right now, but somehow you can imagine it might just happen? The more outlandish the better. At the end of the season the most unlikely prediction to have come true is the winner.

You call that outlandish? Buzz, buzz, Polonius!!

Now here is something to chew on: If Riciardo gets a chance at a half decent drive, he will be next year's sensation, outperforming better established drivers in better cars.

AndyL
24th November 2010, 11:00
You call that outlandish? Buzz, buzz, Polonius!!

It's too late to call me on it now, VB, you should have said that back in March when everyone was saying Schumacher would make Nico his bitch :) Everything's obvious in 20-20 hindsight!

Valve Bounce
24th November 2010, 22:16
It's too late to call me on it now, VB, you should have said that back in March when everyone was saying Schumacher would make Nico his bitch :) Everything's obvious in 20-20 hindsight!
Sorry, didn't notice the date - my humble apologies. :(

Mia 01
29th November 2010, 10:33
That Seb will take another one.
Mark second.

Nico third and MS fourth.

RBR= Adrian Newey

Mercedes= KERS

call_me_andrew
30th November 2010, 02:41
Prediction!

Ferrari will fire Massa mid-season. Massa will subsequently move to NASCAR.

wattoroos
30th November 2010, 10:13
my dark horse team for next year is sauber to be on the podium through kobayashi

Whyzars
30th November 2010, 13:01
The first race of the year is a snoozefest and the latest F1 rule changes will be blamed. Headlines will scream that F1 is in danger of becoming boring and that fans will switch off in droves.

Oh wait, that really happened in 2010... :)

For 2011:

F1 is in need of scheduled advertising breaks and for the racing to not occur during those advertising breaks. The network controlled Safety Car period will be introduced in mid 2011.

The new "Television Executive Safety Car" will be deployed by instruction from a television network that will pay a huge fee for each deployment. When a TV executive thinks the race is getting dull or they have sold a particularly profitable block of advertising, they can deploy a Safety Car which will be be fitted with a 3,000 litre water tank.

The "TVeSC" will wet the track in preparation for the ads to complete and the resumption of racing. The signal for a "TVeSC" restart is when the sprinkler water runs out which should generally be at the 3 minute mark...

Mia 01
3rd December 2010, 14:49
Jenson will beat Lewis for the first but not for the last time in the stndings.