PDA

View Full Version : Drunk or no drunk?

Ian McC
7th December 2006, 22:47
So, is it a requirement when you go out or can you do without?

BDunnell
7th December 2006, 22:47
Not a requirement, certainly. If it is, you're on the verge of alcoholism, or a bit sad.

jso1985
7th December 2006, 23:07
Can have fun in both ways.
If can't imagine a night out without getting drunk, then I think you have a booze problem

Daniel
7th December 2006, 23:13
Been drunk once. Got the stamp in my passport and don't need to do it again :) Heck I don't even drink anymore.

Norwegian Blue
7th December 2006, 23:17
Nah, you can have loadsa fun without it, AND remember it in the morning :D

Powered by Cosworth
8th December 2006, 00:39
Many people I know are just intrested in drinking Vodka and getting bladdered. I much prefer to get a few beers in, and have a nice ol' LAN Party with some friends. To drink but not to get drunk :)

Daniel
8th December 2006, 00:41
Many people I know are just intrested in drinking Vodka and getting bladdered. I much prefer to get a few beers in, and have a nice ol' LAN Party with some friends. To drink but not to get drunk :)
Buzz cola is what you should be drinking at LAN's young man. Buzz keeps you up and gives you crazy reflexes :hot:

BeansBeansBeans
So, is it a requirement when you go out or can you do without?

I usually drive when I go out, to avoid the hassle involved in getting a taxi, so I can't drink alcohol. On the rare occasions I do go out drinking, I feel so rough the following day, that it puts me off for about 6 months.

viper_man
I wouldnt say I go out to get bladdered, but if I go home and Im not at least pretty merry then Im disappointed. Thats from being a student I spose.

AndySpeed
8th December 2006, 00:42
When I first saw the Dunk or no Dunk thread I actualy thought it said Drunk anyway!

It is in no way a requirement. Being sober around drunk people is annoying, so if I go out I will start to drink. Then I see where the night takes me, being a student of university I do sometimes tend to get 'drunk'.

But a lot of the time its a good laugh. Except for the time I mixed spirits and lager when I ran out... :s

Powered by Cosworth
8th December 2006, 00:57
Buzz cola is what you should be drinking at LAN's young man. Buzz keeps you up and gives you crazy reflexes :hot:

For the Big Lans (i30 ;) ) Mountain Dew + Bawls is the only way to go!

Daniel
8th December 2006, 02:07
For the Big Lans (i30 ;) ) Mountain Dew + Bawls is the only way to go!
Moutain Dew looks and tastes like wee though.

grassrootsracer
8th December 2006, 02:27
Not really. I'm not much of a "go out and drink" type of person and prefer to do any sort of partying in very small, intimate groups. I don't like being drunk that much (tipsy is alright), don't want to meet anyone at a club (already happily tied down), and if I want to dance in my quaint way, will do it in the privacy of my own home.

viper_man
8th December 2006, 02:55
I have to say that for this weekend you can disregard my earlier post as its me bday soon and Im going on a bit of a sesh and intend to get s***faced. But after that, no its not necessary to always get drunk! :D

Sleeper
8th December 2006, 02:59
I dont get p!ssed, but I do have a couple of pints of cider when I go out.

DocF225
8th December 2006, 04:37
I'm 17 years sober this past April so I get to be the designated driver everywhere. Let me tell you, trying to get drunk Firemen into a van is like herding cats.

On the upside they're usually a lot of fun to mock and mess with the next day.

millencolin
12th December 2006, 01:27
when i go out to the clubs, i like to have a few beers, maybe a jagerbomb or two. its the only way for me to enjoy the terrible dance music they play in those clubs. but as for getting completely smashed, no thank you. I've never been kicked out of a club for being too drunk, and i never want that to happen. My mate was last thursday (thursday is the best night to go clubbing here, student night.. WWWWWEEEEEEEE), he had too many vodkas and JD's, so he got kicked out... so i had to tag along with him until we got let into another club that was no where near as fun as the one we were in before!!!

I dont have to drink when i go out, but i like too. Hey, i lvoe the taste of a nice cold brew while i put up with terrible doof doof music

Schultz
12th December 2006, 01:38
when i go out to the clubs, i like to have a few beers, maybe a jagerbomb or two. its the only way for me to enjoy the terrible dance music they play in those clubs. but as for getting completely smashed, no thank you. I've never been kicked out of a club for being too drunk, and i never want that to happen. My mate was last thursday (thursday is the best night to go clubbing here, student night.. WWWWWEEEEEEEE), he had too many vodkas and JD's, so he got kicked out... so i had to tag along with him until we got let into another club that was no where near as fun as the one we were in before!!!

I dont have to drink when i go out, but i like too. Hey, i lvoe the taste of a nice cold brew while i put up with terrible doof doof music

Yup, we are on the same page. The music they play at most of these places should be called ****house. Becasue thats what it is. Yeh, the only way I can dance to that **** is to have a couple of pints in the process. But I have never been kicked out, and i'm now trying to work out that happy place where I can stop drinking before my night takes aturn for the worst.

Daniel
12th December 2006, 01:40
Sadly enough people are fed that sort of crap music and somehow start to like it. Give me some good Australian rock any day. You don't need to "dance" like a fool to that :up:

Drew
12th December 2006, 02:40
If I go out, generally I don't get drunk, it's far too expensive to do so.

Sometimes I get a little drunk before I go out and then carry on drinking or alot of the time I just don't drink.

J4MIE
12th December 2006, 02:44
I don't mind drinking, but I just don't think it's worth the hassle or the money!! It's the dreaded office party on saturday night and nobody can believe that I plan to leave sober :\

Daniel
12th December 2006, 03:14
How many times are you going to get asked. Sure you don't want a drink? Are you OK? Are you having fun? and so on :dozey:

millencolin
12th December 2006, 05:07
But I have never been kicked out, and i'm now trying to work out that happy place where I can stop drinking before my night takes aturn for the worst.

i'm lucky enough to find that point... the moment you realise your starting to chat up the girl that you didnt even give a second glance too earlier, THATS when you know to stop with the booze... for about half an hour :p :

555-04Q2
12th December 2006, 07:45
Sometimes it is ok to get wasted, have a good time and forget the worlds problems. But it hurts like hell the next morning hence I try and behave these days.

Schultz
12th December 2006, 08:45
i'm lucky enough to find that point... the moment you realise your starting to chat up the girl that you didnt even give a second glance too earlier, THATS when you know to stop with the booze... for about half an hour :p :

I wish i was that disciplined! having said that, drinking too much never means I have a bad morning after. I must be blessed or something haha. Normally if I drink too much it's all out of my system that night and I feel fine the next morning. But one thing I have learned, as long as a stay up for a while and post some mindless junk on msf or msn, my stomach settles before i go to bed and i'm as right as roses.

martinbalmer
12th December 2006, 09:32
I'm no big drinker and going out was for the social element, not to get drunk. My girlfriend is the same too, so we hardly touch the stuff that regularly now.

LotusElise
12th December 2006, 10:42
I enjoy a drink now and again, but it's not something I need to do to have a good time. I don't like the feeling of being very drunk and hate being hungover, so a few glasses of wine is normally enough for me.

Rudy Tamasz
12th December 2006, 10:43
And I'm gonna give up on drinking altogether and try to have fun with no chemical help. On the New Year's night I'll have a sip of wine to the outgoing year and raise a glass of juice to the upcoming year.

slinkster
12th December 2006, 12:08
I think I've got passed the wanting to get drunk thing thanks to over doing it at uni... I don't feel the need to get drunk... maybe a little "merry" every now and then, enough to get on the dancefloor perhaps, but getting completely plastered is just not an option anymore. Unnecessary and not very nice the next day either.

Erki
12th December 2006, 12:13
Human has to drink at least 60 litres of water per day.

Toast! :beer:

J4MIE
12th December 2006, 12:18
Good luck with that Erki :p :

millencolin
12th December 2006, 12:19
I wish i was that disciplined! having said that, drinking too much never means I have a bad morning after. I must be blessed or something haha. Normally if I drink too much it's all out of my system that night and I feel fine the next morning. But one thing I have learned, as long as a stay up for a while and post some mindless junk on msf or msn, my stomach settles before i go to bed and i'm as right as roses.

i find a good bottle of gatorade and a slice of pizza while waiting in the taxi line trying to get home... extra greasy pizza, but no late night kebab. i tend to stay away from the computer, i dont want to make an arse of myself.. although sometimes i do tend to go onto msn, and have drunkin ramblings with either my mates who barely sleep, mates who just got home from clubbing, or canadians...

AndySpeed
12th December 2006, 12:26

Human also has to therefore spend 16 hours and 33 minutes a day on the toilet.

Toas.... *Hang on, I need to gooooo.....!* :eek:

martinbalmer
12th December 2006, 12:52

You get drunk on water?

Knock-on
12th December 2006, 13:57
You get drunk on water?

I know someone that gets absolutely smashed on Irn Bru ;)

Hellllooooooo Norfolk. Hellllloooooo man by Caravan

Ahhhhh, happy days :D

Schultz
12th December 2006, 14:22
i find a good bottle of gatorade and a slice of pizza while waiting in the taxi line trying to get home... extra greasy pizza, but no late night kebab. i tend to stay away from the computer, i dont want to make an arse of myself.. although sometimes i do tend to go onto msn, and have drunkin ramblings with either my mates who barely sleep, mates who just got home from clubbing, or canadians...

You talk to Canadians? You mean Mark Webber vs Villeneuve debates? Do They tell you to eat some Eucalyptus leaves or do they tell you how much Fosters sucks when they can't win an argument? Yeh, I know the ones :p : jokes.

Man, when I drink too much, I cannot even look at food... It looks putrid tbh and if anything, it makes me more inclined to throw up. Don't get me wrong. After a big night out, nothing sounds better than a pizza or a Mcchicken burger meal. But if I've had too much, I can't stand the smell of the stuff...

btracer
12th December 2006, 18:15
I don't have to drink but I hate being around drunk people, especially when you feel you have to look after them and that so I tend to drink unless Im driving.

janneppi
12th December 2006, 19:01
Yeah, i can stand drunk people only when drunk myself.

jso1985
12th December 2006, 20:11
actually being sober around your drunk friends gives a unique type of fun the next day when you know how thay made an arse of themselves and you remember all the details :D

oldhippie
12th December 2006, 20:23
i abused my body with excessive amounts of alcohol and other substances
too late i see the error of my way and the road back is hard and bumpy
if you must drink do it moderately or else your body will pay

tannat
12th December 2006, 21:29
Nothing more annoying than someone who can't hold their liquor..

I rarely drink good stuff when I'm out-way too pricey. At most I'll get a draft beer at happy hour (2 for 1 :up :)

I find it far more enjoyable to enjoy a beer/glass of wine/snifter of rum at home on my own. You can appreciate it more....

LeonBrooke
12th December 2006, 22:05
Many of my fellow students think it's a requirement, but I don't.

But I went out last night with a woman and we had some beer. We weren't planning to, but after we came out from seeing a movie, it seemed like fun.

Not necessary, though.

Opinion8d
12th December 2006, 22:15
and some will drink at a pub cause they cant drink at home
their homelife is why they drink in the first place

Hazell B
12th December 2006, 22:55
My sad secret is I can't hold my liquor.

One rather stupid person, who's never spent an eveing in my company so couldn't know anyway, once said I was a drink driver, but I can't be. One half of Guiness is my utter limit for finding the vehicle, never mind using it! I'm just pants at drinking much :mark:

So I generally have half of Guiness or nothing proofy at all when I go out and drive home three or so hours later. If I mange more than a pint of Guiness all night I'm not even walking, let alone having a good time. Which is why I've never worked out Rat Fan's habit of buying me pints that don't get finished.

Unless he enjoys carrying me home :s

Dave B
12th December 2006, 23:00
My sad secret is I can't hold my liquor.
Is now a good time to do the "by the ears" joke? :p

Hazell B
12th December 2006, 23:11
Yes, it can go with the two Ipswich rugby hookers jokes I've been sent today :rolleyes:

:p :

suzy m
12th December 2006, 23:34
It's the dreaded office party on saturday night and nobody can believe that I plan to leave sober :\

I went to work night out last Thursday. I don't live near enough to my work to get a taxi home so I drove, picking up colleagues on the way. I had one glass of wine with my meal then had soft drinks bought for me all night by those I was giving a lift to. :)

I used to drink a lot when I went to the pub or on a night out. Now, I can take it or leave it. I don't like using the taxis round here so tend to take the car with me.

Iain
13th December 2006, 08:31
I rarely go out, but when I do, I drink. But very rarely do I go OTT. Maybe once every year/two years do I go completely off the scale. :p :

millencolin
13th December 2006, 11:21
At most I'll get a draft beer at happy hour (2 for 1 :up :)

then thursday nights at brisbane nightclubs is where you wanna be... 2 for 1 on everything!!! whatever your drink is, youll get two, all night.... WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Christina
13th December 2006, 12:39
I usually end up drunk on a night out, but i dont need to get drunk to have a good time. I'm good with my drink though, because usually i can tell where my limit is and stop drinking before i need to be carried home. that is unless i'm doing shots or drinking unknown spirits (minttu comes to mind), that's when the water comes in handy. that's my major rule about drinking alcohol. always space your drinks with water.

I've always found that one of the best things about being a girl is that guys always buy me drinks! So even a big night out doesnt neccesarily cost me a fortune! Rally australia after party i didnt buy a drink all night! plus being a bit of a cadbury, it doesnt take me too many to get drunk.

And a parting peice of advice that i learnt last weekend.. dont mix double vodka lime and soda's with tequila shots. it's not pretty.

stevie_gerrard
13th December 2006, 14:30
I dont get drunk all the time, but i like to have a good time once in a while. I do go to the pub reguarly, but that doesnt mean im aiming to get drunk all the time, most of the time i will have one or none at all.

CarlMetro
13th December 2006, 14:39
90% of the time when I go out I'm working and I drive, so don't have more than one pint of lager, if that most times.

On the rare occasions that I don't drive, and I'm not working, then I find that any more than a three pints and I've had enough. I guess it's old age because when I was younger 6 or 7 pints a night three or four times a week was always the norm.