PDA

View Full Version : Great Quotes

truefan72
3rd March 2010, 17:09
Some great quotes from folks in F1
courtesy of ESPN F1

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/quote/index.html

my favorites :)

"It's better to be lost in the middle of a big city than in the middle of Siberia. "
Vitaly Petrov gives his reason for joining the long-standing Renault team over one of the inexperienced start up teams February 22, 2010

"Schumacher probably said to himself: 'If the co-pilot can be up front, so can I."
Jean Alesi reckons Michael Schumacher's return was motivated by the 2009 performance of his ex-Ferrari team-mate Rubens Barrichello January 27, 2010

N. Jones
3rd March 2010, 19:14
"Whether you are going around a corner forwards, backwards, sideways, it's all exciting. "
Lewis Hamilton

Lewis enjoys driving his F1 car backwards??? :eek:

N. Jones
3rd March 2010, 19:17
"I hope in a short time that everybody remembers me for being Bruno, myself, and not for my uncle's surname."
Bruno Senna

I hope people remember that too. It is a lot of pressure for him to live up his uncle's name.

Sonic
3rd March 2010, 19:19
Good quotes. Perhaps we can turn this into a "memorable F1 quotes" thread?

A personal fave;

"Break a leg" Grid girl to Schumacher pre-race, Silverstone '99.

N. Jones
3rd March 2010, 19:20
Last one:

Clark came through at the end of the first lap of the race so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
An onlooker describing Jim Clark's incredible first lap speed at the 1967 Belgian GP at Spa

Wow! :eek:

As someone who never witnessed Jim Clark, or anyone in F1 before the 1990's, I am amazed at this comment!

3rd March 2010, 19:47
"That's what happens when fat people exercise"

David Coulthard on Montoya's "Tennis" accident.

Robinho
3rd March 2010, 20:15
"That's what happens when fat people exercise"

David Coulthard on Montoya's "Tennis" accident.

love it!

:burnout:

AussieV8
4th March 2010, 01:25
Just look at my sig. :) It was from the post race press conference at Imola. Can't remember which year though.

jonny hurlock
4th March 2010, 01:30
famous Quote from james hunt monaco 1989

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khA67-r5lSQ

funny

"And all I can say is "bull s***.""

jonny hurlock
4th March 2010, 01:36
Louise Goodman "You have been practising with that pit-lane speed limiter?"

David Coulthard "Yeah I have, I just imagining it's been your nipples I'll have to be more gentle with it when I tip my fingers off at the end of the pit-lane."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPlyQ9vjQGI&feature=related

lol

jonny hurlock
4th March 2010, 01:40
classic kimi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U386HsT-NaA&feature=related

"I was having a s***"

Easy Drifter
4th March 2010, 03:06
From Garage owner and former top snowmobile racer Barry Makins:

'I was flat out, completely sideways and had the whole track blocked and that little ba---ard still passed me', about Gilles Villeneuve on snowmobiles

ShiftingGears
4th March 2010, 05:26
'You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are.' - Juan Manuel Fangio

ozrevhead
4th March 2010, 12:53
"Felipe Baby Stay Cool"

:D

"I hope in a short time that everybody remembers me for being Bruno, myself, and not for my uncle's surname."
Bruno Senna

I hope people remember that too. It is a lot of pressure for him to live up his uncle's name.
So do I

Mika's comment on THAT overtaking manover

I loved it. Im not sure if Michael did :D

Mark
4th March 2010, 13:05
Perhaps Bruno Senna will be the new Senna, instead of Hamilton!

patnicholls
4th March 2010, 13:09
My favourite still has to be a Mika Hakkinen post-race press conference from I think Spain 1999:

(paraphrased)

Interviewer: so Mika, how was the car for you out there today? Were you pleased with its performance?
Mika: Yes.

I: And you didn't have much trouble in the early stages of the race, and were able to lead well up until the first pitstop - were you expecting that?

I: This puts you in a good position for the championship, do you think the prospects for the rest of the year are looking good?

etc...

I: Now, moving onto second position, Michael Schumacher...
Mika (butting in): Don't you want to ask me any more questions?

truefan72
4th March 2010, 15:04
My favourite still has to be a Mika Hakkinen post-race press conference from I think Spain 1999:

(paraphrased)

Interviewer: so Mika, how was the car for you out there today? Were you pleased with its performance?

I: And you didn't have much trouble in the early stages of the race, and were able to lead well up until the first pitstop - were you expecting that?

I: This puts you in a good position for the championship, do you think the prospects for the rest of the year are looking good?

etc...

I: Now, moving onto second position, Michael Schumacher...
Mika (butting in): Don't you want to ask me any more questions?

lol Mika being Mika. TBH he probably was more aware of press comments and the media and always seemed to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder towards them. I always got the feeling that was the case rather than being a steely quiet Finn.

N. Jones
4th March 2010, 19:25
That was at Imola in 2005, correct?

N. Jones
4th March 2010, 23:28
Ok. I thought he had said that after their cars "met" in Tamburello and one of the drivers was seen giving the other the finger.

Dr. Krogshöj
5th March 2010, 07:07
"I believe that if have good results here I won't have to go back to Japan anymore."

Kamui Kobayashi @ Sauber launch

SGWilko
5th March 2010, 16:58
famous Quote from james hunt monaco 1989

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khA67-r5lSQ

funny

"And all I can say is "bull s***.""

Oh, thanks so much for that. I remember watching that on Auntie live, at the tender age of 18....

truefan72
5th March 2010, 17:52
Oh, thanks so much for that. I remember watching that on Auntie live, at the tender age of 18....

yeah, that was brilliant by Hunt. succinct and 100% true

52Paddy
6th March 2010, 00:28
Subscribed

Saint Devote
6th March 2010, 05:16
Last year soon after the double diffuser was scored legal by the FIA, Flavio was asked if Renault was going to engineer a DD - in his inimicable crescendo way of talking - or is that animating? Flavio said:

No, no not double diffuser, trEEEple diffuser, quaDRUple diffuser, CONDIMINIUM DIFFUSER!!!!

LOL!!!

Miss you Flav! :-]
You made the F1 pitlane anything but mundane and ordinary and while you were there you also engineered two double WDC's.

ozrevhead
6th March 2010, 09:29
Last year soon after the double diffuser was scored legal by the FIA, Flavio was asked if Renault was going to engineer a DD - in his inimicable crescendo way of talking - or is that animating? Flavio said:

No, no not double diffuser, trEEEple diffuser, quaDRUple diffuser, CONDIMINIUM DIFFUSER!!!!

LOL!!!

Miss you Flav! :-]
You made the F1 pitlane anything but mundane and ordinary and while you were there you also engineered two double WDC's.
you may of miss him but im for one glad he wont be in F! anytime soon

Saint Devote
7th March 2010, 19:39

Thats right I forgot - NOBODY in F1 has ever even TRIED to cheat and the secret technical veto Ferrari had after demanding that the FIA give them $80 million was okay because it was "legal".

Compared to people like Enzo Ferrari, Flavio is an angel.

What F1 series do you watch?!

52Paddy
7th March 2010, 20:25
Getting back on topic, I heard a great quote today (albeit WTCC) from Martin Haven. Eurosport were supposed to go to an advert break but there was still images on the screen. Haven repeated again that they would go to a break but, again, pictures continued to play on. Eventually he said (3rd time ~ and laughing):

"Ok, we actually are going to revert to commercials now. You just sit back and relax while we bludgeon someone to death...quietly...in the corner..."

*not word-for-word but to the same effect.

Aboy Haven! :laugh:

truefan72
7th March 2010, 20:34

I don't like flav, but if the likes of Jean Todt and Ross Brawn are allowed to be in F1 running a team and "gasp" running the FIA, plus the uncertainty of the real singapore story still out there, then surely Flav deserves the same fate as these other "alleged" cheaters.

truefan72
7th March 2010, 20:35
Getting back on topic, I heard a great quote today (albeit WTCC) from Martin Haven. Eurosport were supposed to go to an advert break but there was still images on the screen. Haven repeated again that they would go to a break but, again, pictures continued to play on. Eventually he said (3rd time ~ and laughing):

"Ok, we actually are going to revert to commercials now. You just sit back and relax while we bludgeon someone to death...quietly...in the corner..."

*not word-for-word but to the same effect.

Aboy Haven! :laugh:

that's pretty funny

truefan72
16th March 2010, 03:05
"The more time they spend talking to me, the less time they have to work on the car"

Kharun Chandhock this weekend at Bahrain

Dzeidzei
16th March 2010, 08:03
Perhaps Bruno Senna will be the new Senna, instead of Hamilton!

Why would he even want to be the new Hamilton :)