PDA

View Full Version : Prostate

driveace
3rd March 2010, 11:15
Who saw Stirling Moss on TV this morning,about Prostate Cancer.He was checked in the UK,but decided to go to the States and have it checked.When checked they were not happy.SO he said remove it.I have 6 monthly PSA blood checks .ALL you guys over 50YO old should have a PSA blood test as IT is the biggest killer of men,and is called "The Silent Killer",as when problems develop it can be too late for an effective cure!
your views!

raybak
3rd March 2010, 13:31
Totally agree. Get checked regularly.

Ray
Life is too short to muck around

Mark in Oshawa
3rd March 2010, 20:39
I can get a PSA done, but the Ontario Gov't, the provider of my healthcare wont cover it. Go figure...unless of course my doctor THINKS I may have a prostate problem already. At 44, I am getting checked...

driveace
3rd March 2010, 21:48
It is only a matter of a simple blood test,that is required,only 1 hour out of your day.SO get it done ,AND ask what the result is.It should be between 0 and 4.Over 4 is subject!

Mark in Oshawa
3rd March 2010, 21:54
It is only a matter of a simple blood test,that is required,only 1 hour out of your day.SO get it done ,AND ask what the result is.It should be between 0 and 4.Over 4 is subject!

Oh I know all about it, but the best exam is the internal exam. It is not fun, but I have been told this by someone who had a PSA not indicate an issue, and the internal DID show a problem....

Valve Bounce
4th March 2010, 04:24
Get both checks done. A good way to remember to get it done each year is to get it done on a specific day each year, like your birthday.

BeansBeansBeans
4th March 2010, 09:32
Ayrton Senna had prost hate problems.

Daniel
4th March 2010, 09:48
Ayrton Senna had prost hate problems.
:rotflmao:

Daniel
4th March 2010, 09:49
Get both checks done. A good way to remember to get it done each year is to get it done on a specific day each year, like your birthday.
Not really my idea of a birthday present :mark:

driveace
5th March 2010, 20:09
Well how many MORE birthdays would you like to see?
As if you do have PC you may not know,and may not have many more birthdays to look forward TO!!!
Dont forget its called the "Silent Killler" !

Daniel
5th March 2010, 20:13
I'm not saying I wouldn't have it done, just not on my birthday.

BeansBeansBeans
5th March 2010, 20:21
Well how many MORE birthdays would you like to see?
As if you do have PC you may not know,and may not have many more birthdays to look forward TO!!!
Dont forget its called the "Silent Killler" !

I'm tired of being harangued by you PC, health & safety types. I could get run over by a bus tomorrow. You couldn't make it up!