PDA

View Full Version : Tea or Coffee

ArrowsFA1
3rd March 2010, 09:01
Tea (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/tea-party-movement) or Coffee (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar/02/tea-party-coffee-party) seems to be America's choice at the moment.

Mark
3rd March 2010, 09:04
Coffee for the morning. Tea in the evenings.
Unless you are eating a 'full English' cooked breakfast, where tea is essential!

BeansBeansBeans
3rd March 2010, 09:39
What Mark said.

leopard
3rd March 2010, 09:49
I like aromatic beverages of coffee, chocolate, and tea, but i can't drink coffee, so the choice is tea.

pino
3rd March 2010, 09:58
Cappuccino :D

christophulus
3rd March 2010, 10:06
Unless you are eating a 'full English' cooked breakfast, where tea is essential!

Spot on :up:

ShiftingGears
3rd March 2010, 10:09
I pretty much only drink iced coffee or pearl milk tea. I'd vote coffee.

Tomi
3rd March 2010, 10:10
mostly coffee, cappuchino, tea and cocoa only now and then.

Storm
3rd March 2010, 11:25
I am with Mark as I follow the same routine too...

KILOHMUNNS
3rd March 2010, 11:59
It's got to be tea. Even the smell of coffee makes me want to hurl..

Sonic
3rd March 2010, 12:29
Neither really.

I still prefer a soft drink for refreshment over a tea or coffee any day.

ArrowsFA1
3rd March 2010, 12:31
Do I take it that no-one has clicked on the two links yet... :confused: :p :

tannat
3rd March 2010, 12:40

Mark is spot on, but done appropriately tea can be remarkably coffee like..

GridGirl
3rd March 2010, 13:14
Coffee but only from my Dolce Gusto machine. I don't drink it anywhere else.

I don't drink tea either as I like it with 3 heaped sugars. It's healthier for me to just avoid it.

Hondo
3rd March 2010, 14:06
Coffee. Strong, black, room temperature or iced, all day long. Left over from the previous day, even better.

MrJan
3rd March 2010, 16:31

As my boss says "Coffee morning, afternoon tea" :D

I love coffee but if I had to choose drinking only one for the rest of my days then it'd have to be tea, you can never have too much tea.

Langdale Forest
3rd March 2010, 18:28
Coffee is much better than tea IMO.
Hot chocolate is better though.

MrJan
3rd March 2010, 18:31
Coffee is much better than tea IMO.
Hot chocolate is better though.

You sir, are not fit to fly that English flag :p :

Langdale Forest
3rd March 2010, 18:33
What's wrong with Hot chocolate?

MrJan
3rd March 2010, 18:43
What's wrong with Hot chocolate?

:D More about your terrible comments regarding tea.

slinkster
3rd March 2010, 20:05
I voted tea. I've tried to like coffee... but I just don't. It can smell lovely mind you.

I would rather have a big steamy mug of hot chocolate. :)

Mark in Oshawa
3rd March 2010, 20:49
What, are you kidding? The only correct answer is BEER.

I cant do that at work Starter!!

Coffee, usually at home with French Vanilla cream if I have any. On the road, it is a trip to the nearest Tim Hortons for a large double double, the most ordered coffee in Canada. The nation pretty much runs on the stuff...

Mekola
3rd March 2010, 21:03
Coffee with milk is my usual drink for breakfast.

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd March 2010, 22:36
I usually have tea just because other people in my house are having it. Coffee always dries up my skin, although I do enjoy a Caramel Macchiato in Starbucks.

Valve Bounce
4th March 2010, 04:28
Espresso from my SAECO INCANTO machine. We prefer Lavazza Il Perfetto beans. We enjoy green tea in the evenings.

Easy Drifter
4th March 2010, 05:21
Single Malt Scotch!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually black coffee. I like it a little on the strong side. It takes the horseshoe about 5 seconds to sink.
Unlike a certain former truck driver I do not like Timmys. I much prefer Country Style.
Mind you a Horton's franchise is a licence to print money. Trouble is you need a small fortune to get one, about $375,000.00
In the City of Orillia you can almost navigate from one Hortons to the next one by line of sight. There really are some so close together one can be seen from another one.
I wonder if the fact that the Ontario Provincial Police General Headquarters is in Orillia might influence that. Central Division Headquarters is also there and plans are afoot to move the Police Acadamy to Orillia.

Rudy Tamasz
4th March 2010, 09:58
Coffee. Black. Strong. Injection (just kidding...)

slorydn1
5th March 2010, 04:23
Coffee, 3 meals a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.... :up:

And several other times a day as well.

If you catch me with a cup of tea in my hand it is time to run the other way, because probably means I have a bad cold or the flu :p :

:beer:

janvanvurpa
5th March 2010, 07:14
what a silly discussion. A good cup of coffeee might be nice, but a good cup is just a sip.
Tea is fuel.
And look at the prasie of the simple tea:
* "If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you." ~ William Gladstone

* "Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea." ~ Henry Fielding

* "Tea is one of the main stays of civilization in this country." ~ George Orwell

* "A true warrior, like tea, shows his strength in hot water." ~ Chinese proverb

* "Drinking a daily cup of tea will surely starve the apothecary." ~ Chinese proverb

* "Rather three days without food than a day without tea." ~ Chinese proverb

* "Picture you upon my knee, / Just tea for two and two for tea." ~ Irving Caesar, Tea for Two

* "Matrons, who toss the cup, and see \ The grounds of fate in grounds of tea." ~ Charles Churchill, The Ghost (bk. I, l. 117)

* "Tea! Thou soft, thou sober, sage, and venerable liquid, . . . thou female tongue-running, smile-smoothing, heart-opening, wink-tipping cordial, to whose glorious insipidity I owe the happiest moment of my life, let me fall prostrate." ~ Colley Cibber, Lady's Last Stake (act I, sc. 1)

* "Tea's proper use is to amuse the idle, and relax the studious, and dilute the full meals of those who cannot use exercise, and will not use abstinence." ~ Samuel Johnson

* "Soft yielding Minds to Water glide away, / And sip, with Nymphs, their elemental Tea." - Alexander Pope, The Rape of the Lock (canto I)

* "Bring me a cup of tea and ‘Times’” - Queen Victoria’s first command upon the throne

* "Here thou, great Anna! whom three realms obey, / Dost sometimes counsel take--and sometimes tea." ~ Alexander Pope, The Rape of the Lock (canto III, l. 7)

* "Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? how did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea." ~ Sydney Smith, Lady Holland's Memoir (vol. I, p. 383)

* "Tea does our fancy aid, / Repress those vapours which the head invade / And keeps that palace of the soul serene." ~ Edmund Waller, Of Tea

* “I am so fond of tea that I could write a whole dissertation on its virtues. It comforts and enlivens without the risks attendant on spirituous liquors. Gentle herb! Let the florid grape yield to thee. Thy soft influence is a more safe inspirer of social joy." ~ James Boswell

* “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" ~ C.S. Lewis

* "Tea pot is on, the cups are waiting, Favorite chairs anticipating, No matter what I have to do, My friend there's always time for you" ~ Unknown

* "Where there's tea there's hope." ~ Arthur W. Pinero

* "Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things." ~ Chaim Potok

555-04Q2
5th March 2010, 09:48
Coffee for me. Tea is for old ladies and Englishmen :p :

Mark
5th March 2010, 09:51
Our wedding is going to be based around a tea party theme :p

5th March 2010, 10:11
Do I take it that no-one has clicked on the two links yet... :confused: :p :

I'm probably left of centre.

ArrowsFA1
5th March 2010, 11:44
This whole tea v coffee political thing hasn't really caught on here has it :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_movement v http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_Party

Brown, Jon Brow
5th March 2010, 11:46
We have to remember that the British Empire was built on nothing but tea.

Mark in Oshawa
5th March 2010, 17:26

Well that is the truth as you see it, but if you look at the Hudson's Bay Company, and the size of it in the 1700's, you would realize it wasn't just tea from East India, but it was beaver pelts from Canada that fueled the British economy...

Captain VXR
5th March 2010, 20:12
mmmmmmmmmmmmMountain Dew :lips:

Josti
5th March 2010, 23:07
Tea for me, but I like to vary in flavours.

The closest to coffee I get is a cappucino at times.

slorydn1
6th March 2010, 02:28

Oh how do I remember....didn't we have a little war or something over some tea spilled in Boston Harbor or something like that? :D :p :

6th March 2010, 08:06
Hands up those who didn't click on the two links in Arrow's first post. :D

slorydn1
6th March 2010, 12:26
Hands up those who didn't click on the two links in Arrow's first post. :D

:wave:

veeten
7th March 2010, 13:06
:wave:

same here... now, back to the fun. :D

Coffee, AM. At home preferably Maxwell House. Good stuff. :)

Tea, PM. Celestial Seasonings' Mandarin Orange Spice or Lemon Zinger, or Lipton if there's nothing else available. Mmmmmm, that's good. :lips:

Saint Devote
10th March 2010, 04:13
As I am a far right winger laissez-faire lasser-passer capitalist it would, in political terms be leaning towards tea - albeit associating a perfectly good beverage with those opposed is disconcerting to say the least.

I would say it would have to be Tea versus a pale milky drink - STRENGTH and liberals are as opposite as reason and faith.

Mark in Oshawa
10th March 2010, 15:48
same here... now, back to the fun. :D

Coffee, AM. At home preferably Maxwell House. Good stuff. :)

Tea, PM. Celestial Seasonings' Mandarin Orange Spice or Lemon Zinger, or Lipton if there's nothing else available. Mmmmmm, that's good. :lips:

Maxwell House? I thought you said good stuff. Let me send you a can of Tim Hortons........

slorydn1
11th March 2010, 00:32
Maxwell House? I thought you said good stuff. Let me send you a can of Tim Hortons........

Hey,Im a Maxwell House Master Blend guy myself, too. But I'll try anything once,send ME a can of this Tim Horton's stuff, I'll try it!!!! :p : :D

52Paddy
14th March 2010, 16:14
Most definitely tea for me. I drink between 3 and 6 cups per day. No sugar, very strong. I have an 11 step routine to my "tea and a sit down" method which I will post in the next entry. I do like coffee (not instant though) and I used to always start my working morning with a coffee. But since I went to college, that routine has slipped by.

52Paddy
14th March 2010, 16:16
12-step routine actually :D This is how I enjoy my tea and a sit down. Post your own routines if you're as bored as I am. :p :

1. When the kettle finishes boiling the water, pour it into the cup [with the teabag already in the cup] straight away.

2. Leave it to colour the water naturally for about a minute.

3. Then, push the teabag into the water more and stir it around a little bit to get the most out of the bag. The water should now be a dense brown/maroon colour. DO NOT ADD SUGAR AT ANY TIME!

4. Fetch the milk [it should preferably be in the fridge] and pour into the cup for 1 second. Don't over-do it. You will spoil the strength of the tea.

5. Fetch a teaspoon [it should preferably be stored in one of your kitchen drawers] and stir the cup of almost-ready tea with a light grasp on the handle of the spoon so as to create a larger stirring radius.

6. Fetch a biscuit [or two - it should preferably include chocolate and be quite an exquisite packet of biscuits. Chef's recommendation is Fox's classics, Chocolate Kimberly or Butterkeks].

7. Take an small, initial sip of the tea to ready yourself for the following mission.

8. Dip the chosen biscuit into the tea and leave to soak for just 1.4 seconds. It should not be soggy as a biscuit without consistency will taste foreign or 'unusual'.

9. Now, fetch some cigarettes [they should preferably be roll-up cigarettes. Dark blue Drum would be my personal favourite but, if you must shortcut this task and use conventional cigarettes, then make sure they are Benson & Hedges].

10. Your hands should be at the perfect temperature for rolling cigarettes, by default. This tea-making situation creates an inner heat from the get-go, excitement for the embarking journey. Roll the cigarettes thin to medium as a strong/thick cigarette will adversely affect the taste of the tea on your buds.

11. Fetch a lighter [it should be a lighter that preferably works in one click. Getting that cigarette lit on your first go really does add to the whole experience.]

12. Now, with the biscuit/biscuits at hand, cigarette in hand and tea in the other hand [or on the table depending], you are ready to enjoy your few minutes of solitude in front of the television or reading a book or indeed, writing out instructions for people of Facebook.

Just remember: 90% of the time [exaggeration to stress a point], people who take this kind of tea break have something VERY important to do which they want to put off for as long as they can. Please complete this task after the tea-break, not before it.

J4MIE
15th March 2010, 00:08
Has to be tea, coffee is just horrible :s