PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL "OMG Danica broke a nail!!!" Thread

slorydn1
3rd March 2010, 01:13
This thread is in honor of my friend Harvick1, at his request. (Sorry dude, I just HAD TO :p : ) Lets see how many years we can keep THIS one on the front page :D

:mark:

harvick#1
3rd March 2010, 01:42
:rotflmao:

thanks bud :beer:

beachgirl
3rd March 2010, 04:12
I'll help keep it going!

slorydn1
3rd March 2010, 04:32
For those who care, or even those who don't:

Here is the most current Danica News, courtesy of our friends over in the
Indy Car Forum. Seems they are having the very same discussions we have been!

http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137174

:beer:

Mark in Oshawa
3rd March 2010, 05:58
DF will say you are being negative.....but lets face it, she is the soccer ball of choice for most of us. Since I am a fan of both forms of racing. (I watch F1 but don't comment on it often) and love sportscars too, I flip around and it is funny how the negative view of Patrick is on both boards, often by different type of fans for the same reasons.

beachbum
3rd March 2010, 11:49
Even the NASCAR drivers are getting into it on Twitter. One who finished very high in the Nationwide race complained that no one wanted to interview them after the race. Another responded with (direct quote) "all the reporters were finishing their Danica stories to get out tonite. They were too busy for u guys. Lol"

Another replied to Jamie McMurray (direct quote) " it wasn't near as bad as the nwide crash we saw, next time just blame the other guy ;) "

Not much "love" there.

71Fan
3rd March 2010, 18:57
oh wahhhhhh.....Danica is getting all the press!!!!

As for Jimmy The Hack....I watched a few minutes of his latest (I would guess self-produced) venture once, and was not impressed.

TURN3
3rd March 2010, 19:38
oh wahhhhhh.....Danica is getting all the press!!!!

As for Jimmy The Hack....I watched a few minutes of his latest (I would guess self-produced) venture once, and was not impressed.

I may not be speaking for everybody but I don't think most people are complaining because of Danica getting press. I think it is the reason she is getting press. When people make that argument here and in other forums I kind of cringe because to me that isn't the point at all. Sure I'd like to see the TV coverage contained to reasonable limits but as far as attention in and of itself...whatever. My point is she sucks and somehow people have assumed it must be because she's got some talent. Statisticaly, and visibly, she doesn't so why all the drama? That is what gets me. I think it is sending the wrong message to young people all over the world that you don't have to work hard, focus, and be good to have fame and fortune. She's basically slept her way to the top, well to the top tier of series (she hasn't won much of anything so she's hardly at the top). What do men and women alike call those people in the business world? Yep, starts with W and ends with ores.

71Fan
3rd March 2010, 20:53
That's pretty drastic Trun3. Enjoyable, but drastic.

oh where to start....

Why does she get press......Because she is at the very least a semi-legitimate, good looking, female racecar driver who has supposedly increased the interest level whether or not that interest is fleeting, and whether or not that interest is among other things, just to see her fail.

I mean dang, I'm sure there are more than a few folks who think women have no good reason to be in a racecar at all. My friend Kim was convinced that one of her crew-chief purposefully fooled with her set-ups. She would tell him the car was loose, he'ld say fixed it, and she'ld go back out only to find it was worse.

So, as funny as this thread is...If and when Danica breaks a nail, I'm guessing we will hear about it. And I'm guessing that when she shows up for her next open wheel race that reporters are going to ask her about her foray in to NASCAR.

As for the message she sends to kids....especially girls....It's the same dang message that has been getting through to young girls since the world began....The better you look, the easier it will be to get folks to open doors for you.

I remember a sike class I took....The question for the day was what do you look for in a mate. And of course there were all the stock answers. Looks don't matter as much as personalites and all that other happy horse stuff. It finally got around to me. "Mall hair Barbie with hooters and a Corvette." As you can imagine, the ladies all booed and the guys were split between right on, and laughing.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd March 2010, 21:39
"Mall hair Barbie with hooters and a Corvette." works for most I suppose, but I am funny, I like women with a brain. I hate dumb.......

Danica aint dumb, and she has some level of talent for some aspects of this racing deal. Problem is, it aint enough.

The message she is sending is mixed only if you understand she isn't there on her merit. To young girls, they just see a little lady racing with the boys, so on THAT level she is doing something right. That said, 8 year old girls don't grasp the sexual imagery thing Danica has sold nor would I want them emulating Danica if they were my daughter.

TURN3
3rd March 2010, 23:53
I remember a sike class I took....The question for the day was what do you look for in a mate. And of course there were all the stock answers. Looks don't matter as much as personalites and all that other happy horse stuff. It finally got around to me. "Mall hair Barbie with hooters and a Corvette." As you can imagine, the ladies all booed and the guys were split between right on, and laughing.

LOL, that would've been my answer too!

71Fan
4th March 2010, 00:33
Mark
I'm guessing you subscribe to the Ron White advice: You can't fix stupid.

As for daughters emulating sexy celebs.....They do it all the time. Dani might not be the best role-model for youngins, but she is a far cry from the worst.

Mark in Oshawa
4th March 2010, 00:51
Mark
I'm guessing you subscribe to the Ron White advice: You can't fix stupid.

As for daughters emulating sexy celebs.....They do it all the time. Dani might not be the best role-model for youngins, but she is a far cry from the worst.

Ron White has that one dead on.

I would hope parents would tell kids that self esteem and having respect for people who have talent and modesty would make more sense. The thing is, you live in a society where they have beauty pagents for 7 year olds! Danica isn't the worst role model, but I wouldn't tell my daughter she is a role model I would advocate. I would much rather see my daughter be a fan of an Olympic champion like Ashleigh McIvor (2010 Olympic Women's Ski Cross Champ) who petitioned the IOC to get her sport in the Olympics and then won its first medal. THAT I can respect, someone aware, smart and talented as an athlete. Or maybe Clara Hughes (prominent supporter of the charity "Right To Play" and the only multi medalist in the summer and winter Olympics)the speed skater. If I am going to show her examples of women in racing, I would tell her the story of Janet Guthrie or explain to her who Lyn St. James was. I wouldn't have to then explain why Danica maybe is doing this the wrong way...it would be obvious.

tstran17_88
4th March 2010, 04:04
So, do you little maniacs what another domain name?

Scotty G.
4th March 2010, 22:43
Dani broke a nail? Dammit!!

I hope that doesn't hurt her chances of winning in Brazil.

Seriously, at this point, Dani will be doing good to just be as competitive as Erin Crocker was in stock cars.

So far, Dani isn't in Erin's league.

71Fan
5th March 2010, 10:06
Erin Crocker....wowzer....now that lady was downright disappointing.

Lyn St. James.....There's a name that jogs the ol memory banks.

slorydn1
9th March 2010, 06:48
Its just been a little more than 3 hrs short of 4 days since anyone has put anything in this thread, so:

I guess since I have Direct TV I won't be able to see Danica cruise around mid pack at a great Formula 1 circuit such as Sao Paulo Brazil, because Versus and Direct TV can't stop being greedy....

Oh well would have been the perfect opportunity becase all 3 divisions of Nascar are off next weekened, and F1 will be so early in the morning as to not interfere.

Oh well......

Easy Drifter
9th March 2010, 07:25
I too will miss Simona and Anna beating her.
In Canada the race is on TSN2 and I will not pay extra just to get a few IC races.
If I just could pay for the one channel I might but I have to take a package with a bunch of stuff I do not want and a fairly high fee.
I'm cheap!!!!!

Mark in Oshawa
9th March 2010, 11:00
Its just been a little more than 3 hrs short of 4 days since anyone has put anything in this thread, so:

I guess since I have Direct TV I won't be able to see Danica cruise around mid pack at a great Formula 1 circuit such as Sao Paulo Brazil, because Versus and Direct TV can't stop being greedy....

Oh well would have been the perfect opportunity becase all 3 divisions of Nascar are off next weekened, and F1 will be so early in the morning as to not interfere.

Oh well......

great f1 circuit? Oh no, they are not racing across town at Interlagos, they are on a street circuit in their version of the Exhibition grounds in Toronto...which probably means little to Danica either way. It will be a long afternoon of griping about grip, the car not working and it being hot and humid behind the wheel....

slorydn1
9th March 2010, 11:46
great f1 circuit? Oh no, they are not racing across town at Interlagos, they are on a street circuit in their version of the Exhibition grounds in Toronto...which probably means little to Danica either way. It will be a long afternoon of griping about grip, the car not working and it being hot and humid behind the wheel....

Ooops, my bad.....In any event, I won't get to see it unless Versus and DirecTV end their little micturition match :p :

harvick#1
10th March 2010, 03:02
how many times do I have to put up this site, its free and no sign up required

http://www.justin.tv

just search the racing channels and someone will stream the race, how do you think I get to watch a bunch of races that are not on cable

slorydn1
10th March 2010, 03:28

www.justin.tv (http://www.justin.tv)

just search the racing channels and someone will stream the race, how do you think I get to watch a bunch of races that are not on cable

Thanks Harv....only issue I'm having is that I gotta work this weekend, which means I was really counting on my DVR....

And of course here at work I can't pull up anything of any entertainment value (it's an honest to God wonder that I can pull up these forums from here, I better type quietly tho, the IT Nazi's will find me on here and it will be light's out for sure) :eek: :p :

Easy Drifter
10th March 2010, 05:03
And I am on dial up so forget live streaming even a snail race.

71Fan
11th March 2010, 21:49

http://www.justin.tv

used to have a link to Ted Turner's TV library, and the code to get to any race shown on his sytem. bummer the computer it was on died

woody2goody
14th March 2010, 02:15
The thing is, Dani isn't even doing a full season in N'Wide is she?

I could understand the furore around her arrival if she was either A) the IndyCar champion, or B) doing the whole season in a top car.

She's a decent driver, but there are a heck of a lot of male 'decent' drivers who never get mentioned by anyone, so why should she? Obviously it's a great marketing tool and a good inspiration to a lot of young girls no doubt, but like it was said above, she's not even as good as many other female drivers who have competed in NASCAR series'.

I feel sorry for the other drivers to be honest. At least Michael Schumacher's constant press coverage on his return is warranted, given his history in the sport.

I don't think the other guys would mind if she got a bit of attention, after all it is a cool thing to have a competitive woman in Nationwide again, but it's the over-the-top seemingly round the clock coverage of Dani that annoys them and a lot of us.

71Fan
15th March 2010, 16:22
Dang....a whole day without a Danica comment....
What's the world coming to?

slorydn1
15th March 2010, 21:31
Looking at the finishing order from Brazil it seems Danica finished p15 which would equate to a p27 finish in a Nationwide race (62.5 % of the field finished better than her)....Since I couldn't watch the race, I wouldn't know why, so is someone able to fill me in before I make a "more of the same" comment? :D

harvick#1
15th March 2010, 21:51
she tried to brave out the weather running one more lap on slicks when it was downpouring, she spun out and crashed instantly :D she got back to th pits, put a new front wing, and rain tires, and spun out again under caution :D

and then she was a moving chicane as she was the last to pit for slicks when the race got back under way, lets just say Simona and Ana both kicked Danica's ass that race, and Simona actually led the race and was able to hang with the big dogs until something went wrong with her car and she went 3 laps down

slorydn1
15th March 2010, 22:33
she tried to brave out the weather running one more lap on slicks when it was downpouring, she spun out and crashed instantly :D she got back to th pits, put a new front wing, and rain tires, and spun out again under caution :D

and then she was a moving chicane as she was the last to pit for slicks when the race got back under way, lets just say Simona and Ana both kicked Danica's ass that race, and Simona actually led the race and was able to hang with the big dogs until something went wrong with her car and she went 3 laps down

Oh,ok,so no Michael Mcdowell to blame then. Thanks :up: More of the same, then :D

beachgirl
16th March 2010, 11:07
JR Motorsports announced yesterday that they're trying to get sponsorship for the #7 for the Nationwide races that DP will not be in. They've suddenly decided they want to run the car all year, and Scott Wimmer will be running the #7 at Bristol and Nashville. It seems to me, IMHO ONLY, that JR Motorsports might be seeing the light that, left to her own devices, there's a very good chance DP could not, and would not, make the field on time at her next races (she would not have guaranteed starts like at the beginning of the year.). Since she's the "cash cow" for them this year, they have to get the car guaranteed one way or the other. But, the interesting thing is, from the tone of the announcement, Go-Daddy won't sponsor it for the year, just for the DP races.

I'm wondering if Dale, Jr. and Kelly are rethinking this whole situation now? Sounds like JR Motorsports might have gotten themselves between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Too late now, though. And, on the other hand, they might be thrilled about the whole situation anyway.

These are just my ramblings and food for thought about JR Motorsports' announcement.

71Fan
16th March 2010, 15:06
thanks for the update beachgirl.

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2010, 20:37
JR Motorsports announced yesterday that they're trying to get sponsorship for the #7 for the Nationwide races that DP will not be in. They've suddenly decided they want to run the car all year, and Scott Wimmer will be running the #7 at Bristol and Nashville. It seems to me, IMHO ONLY, that JR Motorsports might be seeing the light that, left to her own devices, there's a very good chance DP could not, and would not, make the field on time at her next races (she would not have guaranteed starts like at the beginning of the year.). Since she's the "cash cow" for them this year, they have to get the car guaranteed one way or the other. But, the interesting thing is, from the tone of the announcement, Go-Daddy won't sponsor it for the year, just for the DP races.

I'm wondering if Dale, Jr. and Kelly are rethinking this whole situation now? Sounds like JR Motorsports might have gotten themselves between the proverbial rock and a hard place. Too late now, though. And, on the other hand, they might be thrilled about the whole situation anyway.

These are just my ramblings and food for thought about JR Motorsports' announcement.

I think they bought into this idea Danica might be competitive....

The thing is, if they KNEW she was capable of driving the car into the field in qualification, Scott Wimmer isn't on the payroll. So ya...rock, meet hard place.

TURN3
16th March 2010, 21:16
I was just reading about this too. I don't think they'd go through all the trouble of racing just to guarantee her a starting place when she gets back in. I think the most hilarious thing about the comments made by Tony Eury Jr. were "...that car is just too good not to be out there..." or something like that. It is too good to not be out there but running at the back and laps down, not qualifying for races on speed when it's normal driver is in it. I guess if Scott Wimmer is in that car it'll just be 1 more measuring stick that Danica won't measure up to. Wonder how she feels about that? And beachgirl mentioned long ago that she might not be going back....maybe this is nothing, maybe there is some reality that will need to be spun off later? We shall see huh?

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2010, 21:50
I was just reading about this too. I don't think they'd go through all the trouble of racing just to guarantee her a starting place when she gets back in. I think the most hilarious thing about the comments made by Tony Eury Jr. were "...that car is just too good not to be out there..." or something like that. It is too good to not be out there but running at the back and laps down, not qualifying for races on speed when it's normal driver is in it. I guess if Scott Wimmer is in that car it'll just be 1 more measuring stick that Danica won't measure up to. Wonder how she feels about that? And beachgirl mentioned long ago that she might not be going back....maybe this is nothing, maybe there is some reality that will need to be spun off later? We shall see huh?

Wimmer wont set the bar too high....

The whole point is to keep the 7 car in enough car owner's points that they have options if Danica comes back, AND if she doesn't, having points still means getting money from NASCAR for running every race in the points fund. The reality is, a full time team with limited sponsors is better off than running it part time. Regardless of who is driving.

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2010, 21:53
Looking at the finishing order from Brazil it seems Danica finished p15 which would equate to a p27 finish in a Nationwide race (62.5 % of the field finished better than her)....Since I couldn't watch the race, I wouldn't know why, so is someone able to fill me in before I make a "more of the same" comment? :D

When it comes to road racing, Danica is about THAT good.....She shines on ovals. If the IRL goes with any more road/street courses, she might as well jump to NASCAR right away. She has No record of great finishes on road/street races.

harvick#1
16th March 2010, 21:57

its a Hendrick Motorsports Car, with an average stock car driver, its a top 10 machine, case in point the guys like Landon Cassil (sp), but for Danica, well thats just a prayer to be a top 30 car, I don't think ever watching an IRL has Danica ever shown me that she was hungry for something, unlike what I've seen from all the other drivers who make more risks wanting that extra inch on that track to make a pass, she it always content to sit in the back ad hope that someone makes a mistake, why the media has never criticized her is beyond me, maybe it would be then that there sexiest.

its only a matter of time before her 5 years of fame is finally over, the only question is, how will she handle herself when the light is no longer on her, will she pull an Urban Meyer and say something to only get attention like retiring then unretiring the next day.

I leave that up to her to go down with her "Brand" :p :

beachbum
19th March 2010, 11:53
If anyone thinks Danica! is being welcomed with open arms in NASCAR, just read this article from a Bristol newspaper.

http://www2.tricities.com/tri/sports/motor_sports/article/column_patrick_has_style_not_substance/43101/

This was on a link from Jayski's

TURN3
20th March 2010, 16:37
Significant improvement for the JR Motorsports team in qualifying this weekend. Bires is 3rd with his teammates setup and the #7 car is competitive in the top 20. What changed from the last race?

beachgirl
20th March 2010, 18:46
Significant improvement for the JR Motorsports team in qualifying this weekend. Bires is 3rd with his teammates setup and the #7 car is competitive in the top 20. What changed from the last race?

Hmmmm, how many guesses do I get?

slorydn1
20th March 2010, 19:33
Hmmmm, how many guesses do I get?

Just 1 :p :

beachgirl
20th March 2010, 20:30
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh. Rats. Hmmmm. I think I know.

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2010, 18:27
If anyone thinks Danica! is being welcomed with open arms in NASCAR, just read this article from a Bristol newspaper.

http://www2.tricities.com/tri/sports/motor_sports/article/column_patrick_has_style_not_substance/43101/

This was on a link from Jayski's

It sum's it up pretty well...

ONly thing is, they say she paid her dues in the IRL. Not when she got her ride, but then again, there is a lot of that in the IRL...so she isn't the first, and wont be the last.

slorydn1
26th March 2010, 02:23
I am slacking in my "Danica Duties"

Today is her birthday......

Happy B-day Danica...may you receive an instruction manual on how to race a stock car as a gift!!! :beer:

beachgirl
26th March 2010, 10:48
I am slacking in my "Danica Duties"

Today is her birthday......

Happy B-day Danica...may you receive an instruction manual on how to race a stock car as a gift!!! :beer:

I didn't post this on her birthday, as it would not be nice. However, it's no longer her birthday. Is there a "Stock Car Racing for Dummies" book available?

Mark in Oshawa
27th March 2010, 12:16
NASCAR for Dummies is in a bin somewhere I am sure....

AS for wishing her a happy birthday, I will when she personally phones me on MINE!!

slorydn1
8th April 2010, 22:33
Don't mind me, just checking back in, that's all..... :p

NoahsGirl
13th April 2010, 14:04
I don't get why Danica has all this coverage. Is it just because of her gender? It can't be for her racing talent! She is mid pack in IRL at best. Now I'm not some jealous female, yadda yadda yadda, I have no interest in driving or racing in a car. I just see a reasonalbe racing driver who happens to be female and has a "legend in her own mind" mentality.

harvick#1
13th April 2010, 15:32
I don't get why Danica has all this coverage. Is it just because of her gender? It can't be for her racing talent! She is mid pack in IRL at best. Now I'm not some jealous female, yadda yadda yadda, I have no interest in driving or racing in a car. I just see a reasonalbe racing driver who happens to be female and has a "legend in her own mind" mentality.

because, unlike Sarah Fisher, Simona, Katherine Legge, and all the other woman drivers trying to get it all have one major thing in common compared to Danica, "they didn't sell their bodies to get the attention" she is a half attractive driver when she piles the makeup on her.

"The Brand" as she calls herself is the typical egotistical person that thinks that if they leave, the IRL is gonna crash and die, although the attendance and ratings have not gone anywhere while she has been racing, and basically crying to the media you can't drive a road course will not do her any favors.

when she jumps the Nascar, the initial "Bandwagon" fans that say they will be a Danica fan because she is a hot female driver will be in a rude surprise when she starts missing races when she wont qualify on speed. and "the brand" wanted to go straight into the Sprint Cup Series, while she cant do anybetter then a 30th place in a car that is a top 10 car

Mark in Oshawa
14th April 2010, 01:12
because, unlike Sarah Fisher, Simona, Katherine Legge, and all the other woman drivers trying to get it all have one major thing in common compared to Danica, "they didn't sell their bodies to get the attention" she is a half attractive driver when she piles the makeup on her.

"The Brand" as she calls herself is the typical egotistical person that thinks that if they leave, the IRL is gonna crash and die, although the attendance and ratings have not gone anywhere while she has been racing, and basically crying to the media you can't drive a road course will not do her any favors.

when she jumps the Nascar, the initial "Bandwagon" fans that say they will be a Danica fan because she is a hot female driver will be in a rude surprise when she starts missing races when she wont qualify on speed. and "the brand" wanted to go straight into the Sprint Cup Series, while she cant do anybetter then a 30th place in a car that is a top 10 car

The Sad reality is NASCAR is a different world where results will have to be forthcoming, or the hype machine will die a quick death. I will lend people nails for the coffin...

harvick#1
24th May 2010, 04:56
this just in, breaking news from IMS, Danica has officially broken a nail

that is all :p :

Sparky1329
24th May 2010, 05:56
Danica is useless as a racer. Posing for cheesecake pics is what she does best and the passing of time will eventually end that stint for her. I hope she has invested her money well to provide for her when her looks are gone since she has no talent to back that up. :)

harvick#1
24th May 2010, 06:22
Danica is useless as a racer. Posing for cheesecake pics is what she does best and the passing of time will eventually end that stint for her. I hope she has invested her money well to provide for her when her looks are gone since she has no talent to back that up. :)

yeah, I for one cant wait to see her quit racing, or gets run out of the sport, which ever is first :laugh:

markabilly
24th May 2010, 08:41
yeah, I for one cant wait to see her quit racing, or gets run out of the sport, which ever is first :laugh:
and i can not wait for another shower commercial........per my signature

beachgirl
27th May 2010, 00:42
And I'm looking forward to the NNS race in New Hampshire! :)

dunes
31st May 2010, 02:01
Not bad with a brokrn nail either;Fifth place

Easy Drifter
5th June 2010, 00:56
I keep wondering what the name is of this Pole guy Danica Fan keeps predicting she is going to get. :p :

slorydn1
21st June 2010, 20:59
Just a reminder to all those who didn't watch DSPN's coverage of the Nationwide race at Road America this past weekend...

DANICAMANIA IS BACK AS OF THIS WEEK AT LOUDON, NEW HAMPSHIRE

We were reminded, a couple of times, that this would be the case.

Oh, by the way, 42 other drivers will be there to, including the current Sprint Cup points leader, Kevin Harvick, as well as everybody's favorite Love/Hate driver, Kyle Busch. No promo's for them, however (although Harvick and Busch did get a quicky mention from Bestwick as an aside).

I actually feel bad for the Nationwide regulars this week. If all Kevin and Kyle could get was a backhanded comment, the Allgaiers and Lefflers of the series won't even exist.

beachbum
21st June 2010, 22:11
Well, at least she doesn't have to qualify on time. Someone spent a lot of money to keep the 7 in the top 30, and then only 43 cars enter anyway. I usually like the Nationwide races, but this is one I will probably miss, or at least watch on mute.

Over / under on when she hits the wall. She has had incidents at every other event, so it may not be an "if" and it was reported she crashed in private testing at Milwaukee.

harvick#1
21st June 2010, 22:25
yeah, I'm not gonna watch the race, because I dont need to know every 5 seconds on DSPN where "The Brand" is running and how Tony Eury tells her what an awesome job she is doing while 3 laps down in equipment that should be in the top 5

Sparky1329
21st June 2010, 22:41
She's back. Whoop-dee-doo. :rolleyes:

Mark in Oshawa
22nd June 2010, 08:37
Hell, they couldn't promote enough the fact she is running next week on the Road America broadcast. I wanted to lose my lunch...

beachgirl
22nd June 2010, 23:55
Sigh. No more Nationwide races for a while. And I do really enjoy them, but not when it's a Danica-lovefest for a back-of-the-pack DRIVER.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd June 2010, 22:05
Sigh. No more Nationwide races for a while. And I do really enjoy them, but not when it's a Danica-lovefest for a back-of-the-pack DRIVER.

Look at the bright side. Listening to them trying to make excuses for the reason she was lapped 10 laps in is pretty much entertainment!

beachbum
23rd June 2010, 23:51
Look at the bright side. Listening to them trying to make excuses for the reason she was lapped 10 laps in is pretty much entertainment!And some of the usual back markers will get TV time as they try to find the 7 on track! Assuming of course that she keeps it out of the wall. Then we will be introduced to garage cam.

Mark in Oshawa
24th June 2010, 07:33
And some of the usual back markers will get TV time as they try to find the 7 on track! Assuming of course that she keeps it out of the wall. Then we will be introduced to garage cam.

She will be easy to find. Between lap 10 and lap 30, look for the leaders to spend 5 laps trying to find away around her. REAL easy to find then...

beachbum
24th June 2010, 11:36
She will be easy to find. Between lap 10 and lap 30, look for the leaders to spend 5 laps trying to find away around her. REAL easy to find then...Won't take them 5 laps to get by - Kyle Busch, Harvick, Edwards are all pretty good about "moving" a car out of the way. Which brings up the comment - Danica, meet Mr Wall.

Sparky1329
24th June 2010, 15:49
I want to see one of her famous tantrums at a NASCAR event at least once. Otherwise this will have been a totally wasted effort. :D

beachgirl
3rd July 2010, 18:04
I want to see one of her famous tantrums at a NASCAR event at least once. Otherwise this will have been a totally wasted effort. :D

Well, she did go after Morgan Shepard, one of the kindest, gentlest, cleanest drivers in the sport...

Mark in Oshawa
4th July 2010, 06:55
Well, she did go after Morgan Shepard, one of the kindest, gentlest, cleanest drivers in the sport...

To Danica, he was just some codger and how DARE he be on her race track. Morgan Shepard has accomplished more in his time on this earth than Danica could ever hope to achieve, both on and off the track and how DARE she treat him like some bum? I don't get where she gets off with this attitude. There is no evidence to support her own thoughts of superiority. The jury is in, she will fail at this NASCAR stuff....

beachgirl
10th September 2010, 20:43
Okay, time to bump this back up to the first page. Danica! at Dover in 15 days and counting.

Easy Drifter
11th September 2010, 05:05
#7 finished 11th at Richmond Armirola up.

TURN3
23rd September 2010, 23:42
BG...this is your weekend. You have the lead on trashing Danica this weekend. Please make us all proud! I know Danica herself won't disappoint by giving us all the opporutunity.

beachgirl
24th September 2010, 03:09
BG...this is your weekend. You have the lead on trashing Danica this weekend. Please make us all proud! I know Danica herself won't disappoint by giving us all the opporutunity.

What an honor...I think! Oh, the pressure! Now I'll need to bring my A game to the thread. Of course, as you said, the opportunities might be endless, making the job easy. There are after all two races to choose from. Unfortunately, the one race isn't on TV until October 7 or something like that.

I noticed that on her Twitter, she referred to Delaware as "Wayne's World". Don't know if the fans in Delaware will consider that to be funny, or not. No, I don't read her Twitter, it was on the ESPN site.

harvick#1
24th September 2010, 08:26
Waynes World was based in Aurora, Illinois, remember, Danica isnt that bright in the head, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

beachgirl
24th September 2010, 18:31
"It's darty - I don't know - is that a help?"

beachgirl
24th September 2010, 21:54
Well, now, I'm impressed. Wallow around 25-30th all practice long, then slap a new set of tires and a quallie setup on it for the last 10 minutes, and wowie, one fast lap to push her up to 12th. Her average lap time for the whole session though, which to me is the telling factor, is still one of the slowest.

This wait-to-the-last-minute, slap new tires and go out for one or two laps is the m.o., regardless of which series she's in. She can do it for one, but putting it all together? Not really.

I wish that other series she runs in would post the average speed/average lap time for the session in addition to best lap, last lap. That stat shows who is all show, and who is all go.

I don't dislike her because she's female. I dislike her because she's a poser. All hype, very little substance.

Alexamateo
24th September 2010, 22:34
I'm not necessarily defending her, but doesn't it happen that way a lot? I know in Cup you'll see drivers put up a fast lap late because they were working on race setups up to the end of practice and then they go out and make a run with a qualifying setup. I find you can't always rely on practice speeds because you never know what people are working on.

beachgirl
25th September 2010, 03:01
Ok, I am impressed that Danica finished 6th, on the lead lap, and somehow kept it off the wall. Although she thought that was "a heck of a lot of laps". Tomorrow should be interesting, if she thought 150 were a lot. The competition will be a good bit tougher and less forgiving too.

Pretty good run in the race that's the Star Mazda of NASCAR - fourth level down from Cup. Actually, it's series' like this that she should have started out in if she was truly serious about making this kind of change, but that wasn't in the PR plans at all. True racer, or media sensation? I think we know which won out, hands down of course.

And please don't mention Dario, Sam, or Dinger, or JPM. They were all multiple winners/champions before they made the switch. She's not on their level at all.

harvick#1
25th September 2010, 08:06
well for her to finish in the top 10 in a nationwide race is for 39 cars to crash, yeah, damaged cars are still gonna outrun her :p :

Lee Roy
25th September 2010, 15:37
And please don't mention Dario, Sam, or Dinger, or JPM. They were all multiple winners/champions before they made the switch.

Please don't put JPM in the same category as Dario, Sam, or Allmendinger. JPM has actually raced successfully at a level above NASCAR, the others have never been at the level of the series that Ms. Patrick just raced in.

beachgirl
25th September 2010, 16:36
Please don't put JPM in the same category as Dario, Sam, or Allmendinger. JPM has actually raced successfully at a level above NASCAR, the others have never been at the level of the series that Ms. Patrick just raced in.

You're right about JPM. But others on the forum in the past have lumped them all together, and I wanted to avoid having them all lumped together again.

They have proven in their careers, in the same type of open-wheel series, or in fact the same open-wheel series she currently drives in, to be far superior talents to her.

beachbum
25th September 2010, 17:01
Its a shame DF isn't posting here anymore. I would like to hear how he can spin this Nationwide qualifying. Danica is the slowest by a couple tenths. She should thank Josh Wise and others for keeping the car in the top 30, or she would be going home.

beachgirl
25th September 2010, 17:10
I feel really sorry for the #7 crew. They have no problems with setting up a competitive car for Josh Wise and Aric Amirola, and the results show that. With Danica, they need a crystal ball. It's not the crew, it's the driver. After yesterday, even I expected more from her than this.

TURN3
25th September 2010, 17:33
Its a shame DF isn't posting here anymore. I would like to hear how he can spin this Nationwide qualifying. Danica is the slowest by a couple tenths. She should thank Josh Wise and others for keeping the car in the top 30, or she would be going home.

Since when isn't DF posting here anymore? How'd I miss that?

As for JPM, Dario, Sam, and AJ all being lumped together, BG had it correct in that they've all raced and won and won championships in openwheel. It is a fair comparison but true, JPM raced and won on the F1 level. Personally, I don't consider F1 a level above NASCAR or Indycar. They are all different disciplines and the top of their respective categories. I think F1 and Indycar used to be similiar enough to compare but not these days. Again, just my opinion but I think Dario is among the best 5 drivers in the world. People can point to the "failed" NASCAR deal but he truly never had a proper program...it needed more time. AJ has been competitive in a lower level RPM team and I think they'll continue to improve building around him in next couple of years. Sam...well, Sam did well once he got to Penske in Indycar but prior to that Sam was in the IRL because he wasn't good enough to cut it with the big boys (then in CART). He's never been a top level talent, in my opinion. That said, he's head and shoulders above the Danica...now whats that saying?

TURN3
25th September 2010, 17:34
It's not the crew, it's the driver.

The space between the sterring wheel and the seat?

Easy Drifter
25th September 2010, 17:36
Not too surprising. What she ran yesterday would be in baseball terms probably be class B.
Nationwide is Triple A, Trucks Double AA and ARCA Class A roughly speaking.
I do kind of miss DF but I suspect he will be back in time. He has done this before and also on another forum I belong to.

TURN3
25th September 2010, 17:40
I do kind of miss DF but I suspect he will be back in time. He has done this before and also on another forum I belong to.

Somebody please fill me in on this! What happened, did he wink one time too many?

Easy Drifter
25th September 2010, 17:55
Not sure but it appears he has got his twists in a knicker at the people here and left the forum, at least for the time being.
He apparently is posting on other forums in his usual way.

beachbum
25th September 2010, 18:10
Since when isn't DF posting here anymore? How'd I miss that?He's posting on another forum where they don't know him well. But he did post there with the qualifying results and a note: "Her car was real loose the first lap and she didnt take a 2nd lap." Um, ya know, those cars are run real loose Danica. Get used to it or go home.

I guess they needed to clean the seat after that first lap :)

Sophie Hart
4th October 2010, 11:46
Will miracles never cease? After being hyped for what I have seen in the recent attempt. My happiness was the same when I saw her first win in 2008. It was the most unforgettable moment of my life.

slorydn1
17th November 2010, 02:11
^bump^

Easy Drifter
17th November 2010, 05:08
Well I will make my predictions for Homestead for Princess Lapped a Lot.
3 laps down unless lucky with yellows.
Assisted into the wall or spun out in the last 50 laps if still running.
Longer and wider track so it might not happen. Just the same if she presists in running about 3/4 of a lane from the bottom she will get hit.
But if I am correct or nearly so I just might buy a lottery ticket!
As the race is on TSN2 up here I cannot watch it. Same for the Cup race.

beachgirl
17th November 2010, 17:41
Well I will make my predictions for Homestead for Princess Lapped a Lot.
3 laps down unless lucky with yellows.
Assisted into the wall or spun out in the last 50 laps if still running.
Longer and wider track so it might not happen. Just the same if she presists in running about 3/4 of a lane from the bottom she will get hit.
But if I am correct or nearly so I just might buy a lottery ticket!
As the race is on TSN2 up here I cannot watch it. Same for the Cup race.

I'm impressed with your optimism! Really - you're giving her more credit than I'm thinking about. :)

harvick#1
17th November 2010, 17:55
well, with Homestead, the nationwide cars dont really need to brake, just let off in the corners, so she might be able to get a top 25 in top 5 equipment :p :

TURN3
19th November 2010, 20:01
So this is where I have to come to get my Princess bashing in now?

TURN3
19th November 2010, 20:03
well, with Homestead, the nationwide cars dont really need to brake, just let off in the corners, so she might be able to get a top 25 in top 5 equipment :p :

As the throttle interaction goes down, Danica's potential goes up. If she were to finish, I'd say 22nd 2 laps down. But! Homestead is a 2 groove track, she won't master either and will get put into a wall by lap 69.

Easy Drifter
19th November 2010, 20:09
More laps, I think, than anyone in practice and slower than some of the Start and Park types who did less than 10 laps. This in what should be a top 10 car and she is 38th I believe.

TURN3
19th November 2010, 21:17
Just read parts of the USA Today interview with her. I come away dumbfounded that she actually believes her own hype!! I'm absolutely lost as to how a "professional" can justify themselves the way she does. If anybody else were as bad at their job as she is hers, they'd be fired pure and simple.

She states that she went to the Nationwide website to see that some of the drivers had over 150 starts while she only had 8!! Yeah? What about those that have had NONE and smoked her happy ass? The logic and justification she and her fans use for her very existence is ludicrous.

Hey, at least now she admits that she's able to find the fan switches. She also admits to crying, well there is no crying in motor racing. NOW GO AWAY!

beachgirl
19th November 2010, 21:27
So this is where I have to come to get my Princess bashing in now?

Yes.

There was a recent interview with Michael Andretti, and I'm sorry I can't find the link right now. He was discussing his team, and that they really want to field four cars in 2011. He viewed each of his known drivers. On Danica, he said that she just can't seem to get up to speed at any track in the first practice, and by the time she's comfortable, everyone else has a practice worth of at-speed, and she has a hard time catching up. Well, duh!! Newsflash -any one of us could have told him that! I will work very hard to try to find that link. I thought it might have been in my Racer e-mails, but no. When I find it, I'll post the link.

Today's just another day of not getting up to speed. I fully anticipate more of the same tonight, and then at the end they'll put a qualy set-up with fresh tires on her car, and she'll do her one or two obligatory fast laps. And a few people here will comment that she's got it together and she really is good. Again. And then, more excuses!

MD24
19th November 2010, 21:28
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/2010-11-18-danica-patrick-learns-on-job_N.htm

beachgirl
19th November 2010, 21:32
Found it. Hope this works.

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-andretti-focused-on-four-cars/

If not, at least you've got the place to go!

beachbum
19th November 2010, 21:35
More laps, I think, than anyone in practice and slower than some of the Start and Park types who did less than 10 laps. This in what should be a top 10 car and she is 38th I believe.39th, back with Robert Richardson Jr and Chase Mattioli (who?). Last year Richardson finished 41st in points and is currently 28th with a lower average finish than last year, which shows the field this year isn't nearly as deep with more start and parks and people just "cruising" for a living. His average start is 37th compared to Danica's 28.8. Yet his average finish is 28.6, which is better than Danica's 28.8. Heck, even Eric McClure has a better finishing average than Danica and he hasn't even been able to qualify for some races.

It is rather odd to see a driver after 12 races to have an average finish exactly the same as the average start, especially considering the number of start and parks and normal attrition. That is the definition of underwhelming.

This novelty act is a failure

beachgirl
19th November 2010, 21:42
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/2010-11-18-danica-patrick-learns-on-job_N.htm

Is this interview as TFS to anyone else as it is to me? She is CLUELESS.

Not bother with getting her HANS device to fit properly??? It could save her life, and it's not important to her???

Alexamateo
19th November 2010, 21:43
Chase Mattioli is the grandson of Joseph Mattioli, owner of Pocono Raceway.

TURN3
19th November 2010, 22:12
Yes.

There was a recent interview with Michael Andretti, and I'm sorry I can't find the link right now. He was discussing his team, and that they really want to field four cars in 2011. He viewed each of his known drivers. On Danica, he said that she just can't seem to get up to speed at any track in the first practice, and by the time she's comfortable, everyone else has a practice worth of at-speed, and she has a hard time catching up. Well, duh!! Newsflash -any one of us could have told him that! I will work very hard to try to find that link. I thought it might have been in my Racer e-mails, but no. When I find it, I'll post the link.

Today's just another day of not getting up to speed. I fully anticipate more of the same tonight, and then at the end they'll put a qualy set-up with fresh tires on her car, and she'll do her one or two obligatory fast laps. And a few people here will comment that she's got it together and she really is good. Again. And then, more excuses!

So what does it say about you when your Indycar team owner basically says you're slow and a slow learner, meanwhile your Nationwide crew chief says the goal is not to finish multiple laps down?

ShiftingGears
19th November 2010, 22:46
Is this interview as TFS to anyone else as it is to me? She is CLUELESS.

Not bother with getting her HANS device to fit properly??? It could save her life, and it's not important to her???

Wow. She is foolish.

beachbum
19th November 2010, 23:12
Chase Mattioli is the grandson of Joseph Mattioli, owner of Pocono Raceway.I knew that, but he isn't exactly a household name or someone who is going to contend for top 10's

beachbum
19th November 2010, 23:14
Is this interview as TFS to anyone else as it is to me? She is CLUELESS. I read the article. It is absolutely stunning that any driver could be THAT clueless. If she never looks out the rear view mirror, its no surprise that she gets run over on the track.

Easy Drifter
20th November 2010, 01:36
Beachgirl hit it yet again. A qualifying set up at the very end to get a reasonable practice time.
That proves zip except maybe to stroke her immense ego.
In the meantime young Cole Whitt is running near the front on a track he has never even seen and in his second time in a Nationwide car.
I really wish I could watch the race just to see how stupid she will look.

TURN3
20th November 2010, 01:51

Just close your eyes and imagine it...you're not missing much.

beachgirl
20th November 2010, 03:05
Beachgirl hit it yet again. A qualifying set up at the very end to get a reasonable practice time.
In the meantime young Cole Whitt is running near the front on a track he has never even seen and in his second time in a Nationwide car.

Hang around here with us! We'll keep you updated.

Easy Drifter
20th November 2010, 03:22
At least I can watch qualifying. Well maybe I will go shovel some snow.
Actually, although it snowed most of Thurs. none stuck. Both less than 5 miles from here north and south it DID!
I am only a couple of hundred feet from Georgian Bay and that is the difference. It is still fairly warm, probably 50F.

beachbum
20th November 2010, 11:39
I really wish I could watch the race just to see how stupid she will look.ESPN had mostly been ignoring her, but after the one lap wonder, they focused the cameras on her and Eury Jr talking in the pits after the run. She was using some of the universal hand gestures to tell him how the car handled. You guessed it, it was loose.

It took her 60+laps just to get up to speed, and most laps were 1 to 2 seconds slower than that one lap. Still, Homestead tends to have lots of yellows and with enough "lucky dogs" she could potentially finish on the lead lap - or finish against the wall (someone has to cause the cautions)

beachgirl
20th November 2010, 12:30
In all the years and years and years I've followed (and been a part of) racing, I don't think I have ever witnessed anyone have so much, and do so little with it.

Easy Drifter
20th November 2010, 18:24
Yipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5th fastest qualifier.
Suspect will be out of top ten by 3rd lap and about 20th by the 10th.
Just the same a good run no matter how you slice it.

beachbum
20th November 2010, 18:31
Yipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5th fastest qualifier.
Suspect will be out of top ten by 3rd lap and about 20th by the 10th.
Just the same a good run no matter how you slice it.One of the most confounding facts about Danica is her ability to crack off a fast lap seemingly out of no where. With the exception of a single lap in practice, she was running mostly 1 to 2 seconds off that time. She has always had the ability to get a fast lap from time to time. The problem is converting that into race pace, consistency, and results.

With Harvick right behind her, I expect her to pushed to the wall very early. ;)

beachgirl
20th November 2010, 18:32
I guess I'm the second to admit she had quite a run. We'll see how the race goes. Considering who's immediately behind her, anyone want to do a friendly wager on how quickly Harvick and Edwards get around her?

My spouse is wagering that she will BE the first caution. I'm not going that far, but I don't think this will be pretty. No excuses whatsoever now!

Easy Drifter
20th November 2010, 19:12
I think she will get shuffled back pretty quickly as she does not seem to like running close, which the lead pack will.
I kind of doubt anyone will hit her early on, at least not on purpose. Too much chance of major carnage with the field tightly bunched. It could happen though if she does too much blocking or wandering.
If she is running late in the race, with 50 or less laps to go and somebody wants by she will go for a ride if she blocks.
Wish I could watch it.

TURN3
20th November 2010, 19:45
No bs...she actually q'd 5th!?

Anubis
20th November 2010, 20:00
Ironically, it would appear that not even DanicaFan predicted that. He is now predicting a top five finish though, on the basis she "always runs well" at Homestead. Heard it all before, obviously, but will be interesting to see what happens.

TURN3
20th November 2010, 20:20
Said it before and saying it again...I know it makes me look bad to say this but you gotta wonder. When somebody, ANYBODY, is as bad as she is at ANYTHING, only to suddenly have a breakthrough...was the call made? Seriously, NASCAR has been known to "fix" things before and with her doing so horrible, TV ratings and attendance down, it wouldn't surprise me. But...if its legit I apologize. Just difficult to believe considering results to date along her lackluster career.

Mark in Oshawa
20th November 2010, 20:31
Nope..she did well because they got the car right, and the track temp jumped 15 degrees in the next 10 minutes after she got out of the car. In short, the heat of the day saved her qualifying spot.

Hey, she qualified well, you can start yelling about conspiracy if she gets a top 5.....

This is a track though she did alright on in Indycar...so she may do ok here in NW as well.

beachbum
20th November 2010, 20:47
But...if its legit I apologize. Just difficult to believe considering results to date along her lackluster career.I think it was legit as it was only a bit faster that her qualifying simulation in practice as very close to Almirola. But it is pretty obvious they loosened it up for qualifying and the real test will be to see if she can hang onto it in the race. She was MUCH slower running in race trim in practice. Most of the other top drivers didn't even worry much about qualifying.

TURN3
20th November 2010, 21:51
Hilarious, got home just in time to see Princess drop through the field at record pace while being a moving chicane. She wasn't blocking but she's just way too slow and inconsistence. I've never seen soooo many cars soooo anxious to get clear of another that fast. The 04 ultimately got caught out by her. Oh well, point proven, she still sucks.

TURN3
20th November 2010, 22:00
This should be cute, Danica stayed out to lead a lap. Uh Ohh! Trouble coming.

TURN3
20th November 2010, 22:08
1st to 16th (officially) in 1 lap? That ladies and gentlemen is a new world record. Nevermind she lost another 4 spots going into turn 1. God she's horrible!!

POS_Maggott
20th November 2010, 22:11

Jag_Warrior
20th November 2010, 22:39
I propose a new drinking game: everytime one of the ESPN goobers says, "Danica's just doing' a great job out there", you have to take a drink.

The one thing I want to make clear though: if someone dies as a result of alcohol poisoning while playing this game, I cannot be held responsible! And if you go with hard liquor, I promise you, someone will die! :vader:

Maybe just take a sip of beer. You'd have polished off a six pack by now!

The worst one isn't Marty Reid, Brad Daugherty or Rusty Wallace (although they're bad enough) - the worst one is that total goober, whose name I can't think of right now. I think he may be in league with our pal DF! :D

BTW, the way these goofs are spinning their cars every other lap, Danica may get a top 20 out of this one. And you know why she'll get that Top 20? Cause she's doin' such a great job out there!!! :p

beachgirl
20th November 2010, 22:50
I really wish she would just PICK A LINE AND STAY WITH IT. She's driving me nuts watching her wiggle around, sway side to side, drift up, drift down, then cut to the bottom line. She really is clueless about anyone behind her. Or beside her.

TURN3
20th November 2010, 23:44
Well BB called this one...too many cautions, nearly the entire field is still on the lead lap. Even Princess.

harvick#1
21st November 2010, 00:24
Drink JAG !!!!!!!! 3 laps to go, unbelievable XD

Anubis
21st November 2010, 00:28
So any bets as to how a 19th place finish from a 5th place start is going to be spun as a success?

TURN3
21st November 2010, 00:28
Drink JAG !!!!!!!! 3 laps to go, unbelievable XD

Figure out how many sips I owe, heading out for the crawl now!

NickFalzone
21st November 2010, 00:30
So any bets as to how a 19th place finish from a 5th place start is going to be spun as a success?

Don't be silly. She got a top-20!

TURN3
21st November 2010, 00:33
Danica's bar is already pretty low, considering her lack of career accomplishments. Who should be embarassed is Sam Hornish. A 3 year Cup driver and he finished outside top 20!! It would be different if Kez and Algaire weren't running top 5/10.

That says a few things.

harvick#1
21st November 2010, 00:33
Figure out how many sips I owe, heading out for the crawl now!

just make it 20 shots :p :

table
21st November 2010, 00:35
So Princess is mad that someone didn't bow down and just get out of her way?

Anubis
21st November 2010, 00:42
Don't be silly. She got a top-20!

Quite! It takes a racer to fight all the way up to 19th from 5th having not been involved in any of the numerous cautions. A sterling effort.

Anubis
21st November 2010, 00:59
Time for a little game. I've got DF on ignore here, but I'm willing to bet his post in the race thread on this forum will be identical to http://ptalkforum.com/showpost.php?p=43309&postcount=5 and http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2793667&postcount=26

I'm not even going to begin to comment on the forum signatures in the above.

NickFalzone
21st November 2010, 01:13
Time for a little game. I've got DF on ignore here, but I'm willing to bet his post in the race thread on this forum will be identical to http://ptalkforum.com/showpost.php?p=43309&postcount=5 and http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2793667&postcount=26

I'm not even going to begin to comment on the forum signatures in the above.

Good guess.

MD24
21st November 2010, 01:21
From TURN3 on another forum :
" Can't figure out why she wasn't on the stage being honored after the race " :D

harvick#1
21st November 2010, 01:26
wow, no matter where he goes, DF gets blasted for his comments

beachbum
21st November 2010, 01:51
So any bets as to how a 19th place finish from a 5th place start is going to be spun as a success?When ESPN interviewed her (what a surprise, no other 19th place finisher gets an interview) the graphic was about this being her first finish on the lead lap. BFD. Even Morgan Shepherd was on the lead lap, and the last time that happened was at IRP this year where almost everyone running was on the lead lap. Same thing at Homestead. Everyone who didn't crash or have some other significant problem was on the lead lap.

Barely a mention of a racer like Cole Whitt who had never seen Homestead before this weekend, had never raced on any mile and 1/2 track, crashed, got a lap down, got it back on lucky dogs and still finished ahead of Danica.

But she did take that car that qualified 5th and beat Robert Richardson, Jr.

Easy Drifter
21st November 2010, 03:14
Not being able to watch it up here in the Great White North I have to rely on DF to tell me what a great job she did passing cars on her way from 5th to 19th.

Scotty G.
21st November 2010, 04:06

At another Indy Car-centric forum, the clowns over there are crowing about her "beating" Sam Hornish Jr. Including washed-up Indy Car "star" Paul Tracy.

Get a clue, you TF morons. Your girl is a joke of a "racer" and this NASCAR hobby is only re-inforcing it. She looks no better then she did 6 months ago and as she approaches 30, its obvious young guns like Allgaier, Whitt, Stenhouse, Buescher, Braun and Bayne are already WAY ahead of her and WAY more naturally talented then she could ever dream of being. She'll never catch them now and most with a brain already know that.

Yes, lets throw her a parade for finally finishing on the lead lap (of course, when there is a caution every 10 laps and the "lucky dog", its hard for anyone to lose a lap) with a car and a team that is better then 90% of the field she is competing against.

Some of these Danica-Fanica's are just plain delusional.

Thank goodness the NASCAR season is over, so we don't have to hear anything more about Danica "Still Learning" Patrick and her stock car exploits.

Anubis
21st November 2010, 04:07
Good guess.

I just have visions of him sat in his Danicave with all these forums open, furiously copy pasting in his posts, talking to his lifesize cutout and telling her not to listen to all the detractors and that he believes in her...

Scotty G.
21st November 2010, 04:10
Was the call made? Seriously, NASCAR has been known to "fix" things before..

NASCAR is really good. But even they can't fix her doing well.

Now Elliott Sadler winning a pole, the weekend that Petty and Gillette split....that was a little fishy.

Scotty G.
21st November 2010, 04:12
Barely a mention of a racer like Cole Whitt who had never seen Homestead before this weekend, had never raced on any mile and 1/2 track, crashed, got a lap down, got it back on lucky dogs and still finished ahead of Danica.

Cole Whitt isn't a "Go-Daddy" girl. All he has, is natural talent and a ton of race wins on his young resume.

And ESPN isn't tied to him being somewhat competitive. They desperately need her to be more then Morgan Shepherd, Michael Annett and Tony Raines race-mates.

MD24
21st November 2010, 04:26
Not being able to watch it up here in the Great White North I have to rely on DF to tell me what a great job she did passing cars on her way from 5th to 19th.

The race was on TSN2

Easy Drifter
21st November 2010, 05:39
Sorry but I will not pay big bucks to get TSN2 and a bunch of other crap channels I do not want just to see a few races.
If I could just get TSN2 at a sensible price I would but why should I pay mega fees for crap I will never watch?

beachbum
21st November 2010, 11:43
Not being able to watch it up here in the Great White North I have to rely on DF to tell me what a great job she did passing cars on her way from 5th to 19th.How's this for spin.

On every restart she pulled away from the cars around her. Or, she passed more cars tonight than anyone else

Of course, she "pulled away" from the cars in front of her and almost all of the passes were backwards. ESPN looked like they were sometimes trying to move the camera back through the field in what looked like a futile effort to find the anointed one. They did manage to catch her in the camera right after restarts. Here comes the field, then a gap, then Danica in the middle of the track with cars 3 wide behind her. A driver who can't hold their line, or doesn't run a consistent line is hard to get around. I am now convinced she doesn't always block on purpose - she is just oblivious to those around her and just wanders all over the track.

I also noticed that ESPN usually shows "comers and goers", a list of who moved up the most and who lost the most. Funny, last night they showed who moved up, but not who dropped back. Other than the drivers who spun, crashed, or dropped out, Danica had the latter wrapped up. I did find it hilarious that ESPN even reported before the start that Eury, Jr told her to let the fast drivers past on the start and then drop in and follow them. Not like she had a choice. She did just that, but when she finally found a place to settle it was in back with her old buds in the mid-20's like Tony Raines. Then on the restart where she "lead" the field, ESPN said she did a good job because she didn't spin the tires. I was waiting for the spin to explain how she immediately went backwards like she lost a cylinder and dropped something like 20 positions in about a lap. They didn't even try the "older" tires excuse.

It looked just like Indy car, except with more cars. Go fast in qualifying, drop like a stone in the race, get in peoples way, find a spot on track to run alone. A perfect example of the Perter Principle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Principle), except that principle assumes a person was competent at some point, and that may be a stretch.

Um, ya know, that um, if those other drivers would just pull over, she um, ya know might be able to see the front of the field for more than a lap. Then again, maybe not. But according the ESPN, she is still "learning". Right :(

She should stick to being a GoDaddy girl, except she doesn't even have the "attributes" to pull that off very well.

beachgirl
21st November 2010, 12:50
I just have visions of him sat in his Danicave with all these forums open, furiously copy pasting in his posts, talking to his lifesize cutout and telling her not to listen to all the detractors and that he believes in her...

Oh thank you for that mental picture. Makes me think of all those stalker themes in detective and real-life cop shows.

Jag_Warrior
21st November 2010, 18:09
Quite! It takes a racer to fight all the way up to 19th from 5th having not been involved in any of the numerous cautions. A sterling effort.

Yep, not just anybody can do what The Danica did yesterday and look so dad-gum good doin' it! I seen her out there winnin' the race that one time. If ol' Eury, Jr. hadn't screwed up and made her car too loose, she had the field covered! Heck, she darn near pulled off a victory! Let's face it: she did just a great job out there yesterday. :beer:

BTW, Mr. Parsons, you can leave my free race tickets to Charlotte at the Will Call window. If you'll get me pit passes too, I'll do this again when Danica rolls into Daytona.

Mark in Oshawa
22nd November 2010, 17:08
At another Indy Car-centric forum, the clowns over there are crowing about her "beating" Sam Hornish Jr. Including washed-up Indy Car "star" Paul Tracy.

Get a clue, you TF morons. Your girl is a joke of a "racer" and this NASCAR hobby is only re-inforcing it. She looks no better then she did 6 months ago and as she approaches 30, its obvious young guns like Allgaier, Whitt, Stenhouse, Buescher, Braun and Bayne are already WAY ahead of her and WAY more naturally talented then she could ever dream of being. She'll never catch them now and most with a brain already know that.

Yes, lets throw her a parade for finally finishing on the lead lap (of course, when there is a caution every 10 laps and the "lucky dog", its hard for anyone to lose a lap) with a car and a team that is better then 90% of the field she is competing against.

Some of these Danica-Fanica's are just plain delusional.

Thank goodness the NASCAR season is over, so we don't have to hear anything more about Danica "Still Learning" Patrick and her stock car exploits.

No, if you had been there, on that forum only one fool thought she was the real deal. The rest of us see her as you do Scotty, a fraud....

Mark in Oshawa
22nd November 2010, 17:12
I really wish she would just PICK A LINE AND STAY WITH IT. She's driving me nuts watching her wiggle around, sway side to side, drift up, drift down, then cut to the bottom line. She really is clueless about anyone behind her. Or beside her.

It is her race track, the other boys are just lucky they can share it with her!!!

19th? Well I said at best she would be lucky to finish 10 to 20...so I guess I got it sort of right although it is low hanging fruit.

That car is too good to be back there. Cole Whitt was the guy who impressed me for sure.....a year from now Danica will be happy to get a 15th...and Cole will be in the top 10 on a regular basis...

TURN3
22nd November 2010, 19:08
Cole Whitt was the guy who impressed me for sure....

+1
Absolutely he is impressive!

Jag_Warrior
22nd November 2010, 20:16
Cole Whitt was the guy who impressed me for sure.....a year from now Danica will be happy to get a 15th...and Cole will be in the top 10 on a regular basis...

Yep! And even though Electron, Downtowndeco and the other Danica Defenders can razz me for saying it, it is the truth that she'll get more press for (probably) hitting some Top 20's next season (maybe even a lucky Top 10... if enough of the real racers drop out or crash) than Cole Whitt will for posting consistent Top 10's - which IMO is more likely than Danica posting consistent Top 20's next season.

And no, I do not blame Danica for that! I'll make fun of her if she believes her "yes men" handlers and blathers that she's ready for Cup competition... when it takes luck and lots of yellows for her to stay on the lead lap in Nationwide. But I don't blame her for the Zoo Crew on ESPN being a bunch of fawning goobers. But if you look at how many of the ESPN commercials are Danica related, I guess I can understand why they do that (to a point): she is now linked to their paychecks. But at some point (like next season!!!) the Goober Brigade on ESPN needs to get off that "she's just doin' a great job out thar" and "thar just ain't nuthin' she ain't afraid of, is thar?". She spent most of Saturday looking like there was an anchor tied to her car. At some point, even the ESPN guys are going to have to start describing what the viewers are seeing on their TV sets, not what they want the viewers to see.

In a stock car, Danica's not much better than Milka Duno is in an Indy car. "She's new"? "This is the first time she's seen this track"? "She's still learning"? From her rookie season to now, when's the last time anyone made excuses for Milka? Like never! And I don't recall that Shauna Robinson was any worse than Danica... yet she couldn't buy a break when she was in NASCAR. More often than not, she caught hell from all sides. I well remember that no one made weekly excuses for her. And unlike The Danica, she was in underfunded, third rate equipment that even lightning (big eared) Kyle Busch couldn't have won in. If Kyle had Danica's car, he'd still be smoking the field! Deserved or not, Milka and Shauna haven't been treated with kid gloves... not like the Princess.

beachgirl
22nd November 2010, 21:00
Yep! And even though Electron, Downtowndeco and the other Danica Defenders can razz me for saying it, it is the truth that she'll get more press for (probably) hitting some Top 20's next season (maybe even a lucky Top 10... if enough of the real racers drop out or crash) than Cole Whitt will for posting consistent Top 10's - which IMO is more likely than Danica posting consistent Top 20's next season.

And no, I do not blame Danica for that! I'll make fun of her if she believes her "yes men" handlers and blathers that she's ready for Cup competition... when it takes luck and lots of yellows for her to stay on the lead lap in Nationwide. But I don't blame her for the Zoo Crew on ESPN being a bunch of fawning goobers. But if you look at how many of the ESPN commercials are Danica related, I guess I can understand why they do that (to a point): she is now linked to their paychecks. But at some point (like next season!!!) the Goober Brigade on ESPN needs to get off that "she's just doin' a great job out thar" and "thar just ain't nuthin' she ain't afraid of, is thar?". She spent most of Saturday looking like there was an anchor tied to her car. At some point, even the ESPN guys are going to have to start describing what the viewers are seeing on their TV sets, not what they want the viewers to see.

In a stock car, Danica's not much better than Milka Duno is in an Indy car. "She's new"? "This is the first time she's seen this track"? "She's still learning"? From her rookie season to now, when's the last time anyone made excuses for Milka? Like never! And I don't recall that Shauna Robinson was any worse than Danica... yet she couldn't buy a break when she was in NASCAR. More often than not, she caught hell from all sides. I well remember that no one made weekly excuses for her. And unlike The Danica, she was in underfunded, third rate equipment that even lightning (big eared) Kyle Busch couldn't have won in. If Kyle had Danica's car, he'd still be smoking the field! Deserved or not, Milka and Shauna haven't been treated with kid gloves... not like the Princess.

But, but, but....she's HOT! :)

beachbum
22nd November 2010, 23:37
At some point, even the ESPN guys are going to have to start describing what the viewers are seeing on their TV sets, not what they want the viewers to see. That actually happened at Gateway, when the crew wasn't "lockstep" Marty Ried and friends. Ricky Craven wasn't all that nice describing her.

TURN3
23rd November 2010, 00:01
But if you look at how many of the ESPN commercials are Danica related...

My favorite is "When you PEAK, you win". Obviously she's using another brand.

slorydn1
23rd November 2010, 00:32

Oh, now THAT was good :up: :s mokin:

slorydn1
23rd November 2010, 00:32

Oh, now THAT was good :up: :s mokin:

Easy Drifter
27th November 2010, 04:24
Is there any truth to the rumour that Princess Lapped a Lot has demande an extra large version of the sticker often seen on dump trucks?

Do Not Push!

beachbum
27th November 2010, 11:55
Danica is like a silly "knock, knock" joke you heard as a kid. Cute and funny at first, but after the 13th retelling you were sick of hearing it.

Still a joke, just not funny anymore.

Sparky1329
28th November 2010, 04:39
Danica is like a silly "knock, knock" joke you heard as a kid. Cute and funny at first, but after the 13th retelling you were sick of hearing it.

Still a joke, just not funny anymore.

Oh heck yeah. I've seen enough to know that she's no racer.

Mark in Oshawa
1st December 2010, 20:45

They are being paid to not be too critical. I cannot figure out why...but producers at ESPN obviously are oblivious to the public's appetite for stupidity....and ESPN's ratings are down this year....so I think my stance is backed up by some reality.

Milka in an Indy car never qualified usually close to the back of the field, whereas Shauna and Danica at least were at the back but not the slowest.

That said, Milka and Shauna never had the quality of equipment that Danica gets.....

harvick#1
2nd December 2010, 07:03
Shauna Robinson was also racing in the Nascar Winston Cup Series (Sprint Cup) and not the Busch Series (Nationwide). Shauna competed with the best of them and like Jag said, she was with BAM racing which was a third rate budget and was still around 30th at best with who ever they put in the car.

Danica is in race winning equipment in the Nationwide Series and gets outrun by has-beens or guys 18 years old racing in their first races in underfunded sponsorless equipment.

the media just for some god awful reason is the greatest thing since sliced bread, if Danica was a guy, we would've never heard of the person, she has done nothing in the IRL and nothing in Nascar.

beachbum
2nd December 2010, 11:53
But she's "Hot"!

At least that is the reason often given for people going all ga ga over the Princess of pout. Ah, the wonders of photography, Photoshop, and adolescent fantasies.

It might not be so bad except she seem to believe the hype herself and thinks she should be given special treatment. She is becoming a caricature of herself and an embarrassment to racing. She may have a lot of natural talent, but certainly not the desire, intelligence, and dedication to develop beyond a field filler at most races.

markabilly
9th December 2010, 03:47
But she's "Hot"!

At least that is the reason often given for people going all ga ga over the Princess of pout. Ah, the wonders of photography, Photoshop, and adolescent fantasies.

humm err huh....your momma better not catch you sneaking a peak at my sig.....

see the problem is like this:
1.IRL ain't got much else to call attention to its self
2. NASCAR still got plenty left to call attention to itself, so Dp sort of blends in to the mid pack a bit better.....and bubba don't need some woman driver running around all skimpy, cause bubba drives his own truck, not some woman. bubba has no problem with showers and soap where women involved, but It is just that he dont really want to see them all dressed up on the track,,,,and like Bubba I agree.

markabilly
9th December 2010, 04:00
Is there any truth to the rumour that Princess Lapped a Lot has demanded an extra large version of the stick-her often powered by batteries?

WARNING VEHICLE FREQUENTLY BACKS UP!

fixed it for you

beachgirl
7th January 2011, 23:16
Bump. Nationwide Series season coming up soon. It'll be here before we know it.