PDA

View Full Version : PS3

MrJan
2nd March 2010, 09:40
I've had a 360 now for 2 or 3 years but most of my mates have the PS3. I've been thinking about getting one anyway as it's a better all round media thing for what I'm after, plus there are a few of the games which I'm interested in.

Anywhoo I probably can't justify spend £250 plus games for a new 120GB so was wondering what options there are, besides the dreaded Fleabay, to find soemthing that will give me all the playstation goodness and online against my mates without making my bank account s**t itself :D

Surely some of you good internet people must know.....please :)

Macd
2nd March 2010, 11:33
Preowned console from game? Or an older one from eBay. You could swap your three sixty in for one or get a new phone with a ps3 as a free gift.

MrJan
2nd March 2010, 11:42
Barely use the phone so no need for a contract or owt and would like to keep the 360 for stuff like Forza and because I wouldn't get anything near a decent amount for the console and games that I've got for it.

Pre-owned from game might be a good idea, plus could chop in a few PS2 games and older 360 games that I don't really play (only a few quids worth but better than a kick in the balls for something I don't use)

Want to avoid eBay as it's full of ads where misreading one word can screw you.

pettersolberg29
2nd March 2010, 17:41
2 bits of advice:
1) you do not need a 120GB unless you're a little bit odd ;) . I've got 80GB and only use about 10/20GB of it.
2) check ebay for collections. Then you can see if and how it works before you buy it.

Good luck - PS3s are good fun.

tannat
2nd March 2010, 18:43
Don't be afraid of eBay.

You are a wise one JY-just be wise and back away from obvious rubbish.

Some people will offer a trial with return option..

Francis44
2nd March 2010, 18:46
You might have some good prices on Ebay.

And if I was you I would get a Slim, I have a 60GB PS3 and I haven't had problems with it so far but I guess you cand find some Slim used for a good price!!!!

chuck34
2nd March 2010, 19:28
I've got an 80 gig one and haven't filled it up. Although I do tend to get rid of saved data once I beat a game just to keep it "clean".

Also, I don't know if this is a US only deal, but GameFly is awesome. I haven't bought a game in a long time, and really probably won't again for most games. Saves a ton of money.

MrJan
2nd March 2010, 20:40
Don't be afraid of eBay.

You are a wise one JY-just be wise and back away from obvious rubbish.

Some people will offer a trial with return option..

Nah, I know too many people who have been stung by eBay so only use it for the little things. looking at a couple that are near me so that I can collect but I'm still not overly happy with it :mark:

Not too bothered whether it's slim or not, just want to be sure that it'll not be a complete crock. The 120GB ones are obviously too excessive but it seems that there are very few places that supply the smaller capacity models at a reasonable price, in most cases you may about 20 quid more to get a whole heap of storage.

Will just keep looking around but it's frustrating that they still cost so much.

Mixa
2nd March 2010, 21:05
I also have a 60gb one and yeah its one of the first ones what ever came off. No issues on anything and there is still enough space for new games and so on. I also tend to delete the data of the games Ive sold .

PS3´s are a lot of fun and yeah the prices are higher than at the X-Box 360 but atleast at the moment, playing at the net is free and also even on older games the servers keeps to run a very long time so them hardly shutdowns them. Also there aint too many lags on net play except sometimes when you face some guys who just seems to be too far off.

If I´m right PS3 prices at the moment in many countries if you buy them for gamestores or stores is around 300€-400€ . On some packages you might even get an extra controller or a few games,what example works as a good trade by my mind so the same as in X360 but I would still recommend eBay too :P .

Give it a go, its great fun.