PDA

View Full Version : Elms 2010

scubie
1st March 2010, 23:27
With only a month left before the start of the season, I'd thought an update would be in order.

Dates
Warneton Sunday 4th April
Warneton Monday 5th April
Warneton Sunday 25th April
Warneton Sunday 16th May
Ipswich Saturday 12th June
Warneton Sunday 20th June
Lydden Hill Saturday 26th June
Lydden Hill Sunday 27th June
Warneton Sunday 11th July
Lydden Hill Saturday 17th July
Lydden Hill Sunday 18th July
Ipswich Saturday 7th August
Warneton Sunday 22nd August
Warneton Sunday 5th September
Ipswich Saturday 11th September
Hednesford Sunday 12th September
Warneton Sunday 26th September
Warneton Sunday 9th October
(Ipswich rounds are Saturday evening racing starting around 7pm)

Rule changes for 2010

Minimum weights have been set and should be being enforced.
Iron Block cars ..............................2470lbs (1110 kgs) max side weight 57%
Ali Block cars ................................2700lbs (1225 kgs) max side weight 58%
Weight includes driver and at any time ( no fluid top ups allowed)

No Hoosiers tyres now allowed (exception made for one off race rental car)

The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed that the cars are now called Iron block and Ali Block, I'm sure you can work out what they were before.

Driver and Team Changes
There have been a few cars brought and sold during the off season and the series now has on its books 22 owner/ drivers and three hire cars.

Roots V8 Racing
04 Wim Verloo
07 Jean Vasseur
13 Kelvin Hassell
77 Tony Roots
95 Gary Ellis
177 Rodger Twikler
3 FOR HIRE
5 FOR HIRE

Raptor Racing
2 Kurt Dujardyn
22 Anton Gonnissen
222 Jos Jansen

CWS Racing
78 Colin White

Race Car Direct
88 Keith Whalley

Bruce Andrews Racing
17 Bruce Andrews

Camso
19 Xavier Vandermeersch

Team Tor Trucks
48 Shane Brereton

Bowman Motorsport
39 Paul Bowman

Revolution Racing
46 Miguel Gomes
97 Andrew Knight
98 Tony Hurdle
99 FOR HIRE

Independants
34 Winston Graham
66 Vincent Lehouck
71 Bertrand Zore
73 Wim Moonen

TV Coverage
Is still in negotiation at the moment, more news as soon as it becomes available.

kelvin88
3rd March 2010, 21:08
both Wim Verloo and Rodger Twikler are independants although Twikler has backing from Monster and various other people so may race as Twikler Racing. I expect to see either Erik Schmidt or Sam Collins in the #5 car, we have a driver confirmed for the #3 but I don't know if I am allowed to tell you who it is yet. Race Car Direct has just purchased a second car and I beleive they have someone in mind to drive it. CWS also has a car available to rent.

misterbreg
28th March 2010, 17:18
Will be at Warneton for some ELMS racing this season. Hope it continues to grow like it has done in the previous years.

english4ever
24th May 2010, 15:36
both Wim Verloo and Rodger Twikler are independants although Twikler has backing from Monster and various other people so may race as Twikler Racing. I expect to see either Erik Schmidt or Sam Collins in the #5 car, we have a driver confirmed for the #3 but I don't know if I am allowed to tell you who it is yet. Race Car Direct has just purchased a second car and I beleive they have someone in mind to drive it. CWS also has a car available to rent.

And you got the 34 car for hire now. Roll on Ipswich!