PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami following LARGE Chilean Earthquake

Mark in Oshawa
27th February 2010, 11:47
To all of my friends who have nations in the Pacific, I hope this isn't a story that has further repecussions. Chile had an 8.5 on the Richter scale earthquake, and there is a Tsunami warning for most of the Pacific Rim, including New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii, and the Pacific rim nations of Asia.

Lets hope nothing comes of it....and while I hope no one is swept to sea by it, we all should say a silent prayer and hope the world helps out the Chilean nation, because this was no small quake. 16 dead so far, but you know there is a lot more to come...

link to it the first story

:http://www.torontosun.com/news/world/2010/02/27/13050341.html

Sonic
27th February 2010, 13:35
Thankfully, from what I have heard the risk is now minimal.

As I understand it that magnitude of quake is nearly 100 times more powerful than the hatian one - I hope the area isn't too populated :(

Sonic
27th February 2010, 20:24
Tsunami of 2-4m expected to hit Hawaii at 2100GMT but thankfully there's plenty of warning for the pacific nations.

Jag_Warrior
27th February 2010, 21:24
Prayers and well wishes to the people in Chile. From what I've seen on the news, Chile, being in an area that's prone to earthquakes, was MUCH better prepared for a quake than Haiti was. Still, this is a terrible thing. Hopefully the news will get better as the day goes on.

Camelopard
28th February 2010, 10:11
I wonder what pat buchanan's take is on this earthquake?????????? God's retribution?????????????????????????????

My condolences to anyone and their families affected by this tragedy.

Griffon
28th February 2010, 15:27
Camelopard, you seem to have confused Pat Buchanan with Pat Robertson. Pat Buchanan did not say anything about the Haitian earthquake being God's retribution. It was said by Robertson.

dunes
1st March 2010, 01:07
I understand the shock weave and tsunami are scheduled to even impact parts of Hawaii.
My best prayers and wishes to all effected.

Camelopard
1st March 2010, 01:10
Camelopard, you seem to have confused Pat Buchanan with Pat Robertson. Pat Buchanan did not say anything about the Haitian earthquake being God's retribution. It was said by Robertson.

whoops! mea culpa. My apologies to Pat Buchanan as well as any body affected by this earthquake. I'll crawl back into my box now....................

Mark in Oshawa
2nd March 2010, 17:35
whoops! mea culpa. My apologies to Pat Buchanan as well as any body affected by this earthquake. I'll crawl back into my box now....................

It's alright...I got you and Valve Bounce confused the other day too....thought he had the Canadian wife. Shows you how the memory gets fuzzy when you are over 40!

Hondo
2nd March 2010, 19:58

Don't worry about it. Buchanan is pretty much a blow hard too. Just think of it as making up for the time you didn't catch him.

Mark
3rd March 2010, 08:32
I saw pictures of the devastation caused by the Tsunami on the news last night, not good :(

It seems to be kicking off this winter. Earthquakes in Haiti and Chile, Tsunami in Chile, floods and landslides in Madeira, and flooding in France.