PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Calendar

Gordini
26th February 2010, 10:19
What will Monte Carlo do for 2011, will they choose IRC or WRC?
What rounds should be in or out if the calendar shall contain 15 rallies?
Make your list.

N.O.T
26th February 2010, 10:52
search function is your friend

J4MIE
26th February 2010, 12:15
I think it would be very, very difficult to run a combined WRC/IRC event, so I don't think that will happen, however it still remains to be seen what will happen with the IRC with no new S2000 cars beiong homologated.

Ireland is out, would maybe be interesting to have two winter events again if Norway goes ahead but seems unlikely.

I am intrigued by Abu Dhabi having an event, will be interesting to see how that goes but judging by the money they put into the F1 race then I wouldn't imaging there would be too many problems!

AndyRAC
26th February 2010, 21:33
I can't see an IRC/WRC Monte event.

Any WRC calendar needs to have Monte, Acropolis, 1000 Lakes, NZ, GB and a snow event.

I'm not sure about NorthOne abandoning history with getting rid of Tour de Corse, no NZ, having Rally d'Italia starting in Rome then shipping out to Sardegna......if they want to use the mainland - San Remo!!

As for Abu Dhabi - not convinced - yes they do a lot for the WRC - in fact, it's probably down to them that Ford are in the WRC.

Motorsportfun
27th February 2010, 03:41
I can't see an IRC/WRC Monte event.

Any WRC calendar needs to have Monte, Acropolis, 1000 Lakes, NZ, GB and a snow event.

I'm not sure about NorthOne abandoning history with getting rid of Tour de Corse, no NZ, having Rally d'Italia starting in Rome then shipping out to Sardegna......if they want to use the mainland - San Remo!!

As for Abu Dhabi - not convinced - yes they do a lot for the WRC - in fact, it's probably down to them that Ford are in the WRC.

For what I know, Rally Italy will start from Cagliari in 2011... they're just waiting the IRC event, in order to "promote" Cagliari as the starting ceremony host city... :D

koko0703
27th February 2010, 10:30
Monte Carlo
Sweden
Mexico
Portgal
Abu Dahbi
Argentina
Italy Sardinia
Turkey
Finland
Germany
Australia
France
Spain
GB

is the 2011 calender which Autosports Japan is reporting. My preference would be Acropolis instead of Turkey and New Zealand instead of Oz.

Langdale Forest
19th March 2010, 18:28
It's good that the WRC will have 14 events again, but I can predict that Abu Dhabi will be boring.

Josti
19th March 2010, 18:38
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82229

I hope it can be retained, there's government support at least, and the FIA seems to be on their side too. North One could be the obstacle, let's hope they think straight.

Barreis
19th March 2010, 18:52
Without MC will be less atractive.. :)

Iskald
19th March 2010, 19:37
Without MC will be less atractive.. :)

Don`t agree. History and tradition is important, but Monte is a dinosaur event. Arrogant organiser, sh.t safety, most drivers hates it. Sorry, but no, WRC certainly doesn`t need Monte anymore.

AndyRAC
19th March 2010, 19:42
Well done to the NZ Government for recognising the value of the event. NZ is a fantastic event, and should never be left off the WRC, especially when a newcomer like Abu Dhabi waltzes in a gets a round. And the final round - that's a disgrace as well. The final round should be GB - the FiA/MSA should be protesting to NorthOne in the strongest terms about this.
It seems as though Jean Todt and NorthOne don't see eye to eye - well there can only be one winner.

Mirek
19th March 2010, 19:43
Iskald: I talked to several drivers on Monte this year and I heard no negative comments. Everyone told me that he wanted to start again because it's fantastic event.

Josti
19th March 2010, 20:03
Don`t agree. History and tradition is important, but Monte is a dinosaur event. Arrogant organiser, sh.t safety, most drivers hates it. Sorry, but no, WRC certainly doesn`t need Monte anymore.

Well, "arrogant organisers", I'm happy they show some character at least. Monte was a shadow of it's former self the last couple of years, slowly killing itself.

The jump to IRC has been nothing but great for this event, it's so much better then in it's twilight years in WRC (and populair by both drivers and spectators as far as I remember). Nevertheless, Monte is a must on the WRC calender IMO, I hope Jean Todt can bring them back together soon.

Barreis
19th March 2010, 20:07
I agree.. :)

Sulland
14th April 2010, 09:25
When was it coming a firm decision on this topic, was it 16 April the next FIA meeting was, and it was this date they were going to decide ?

14th April 2010, 11:42
When was it coming a firm decision on this topic, was it 16 April the next FIA meeting was, and it was this date they were going to decide ?
From what i have read they are giving their decision this Friday the 16th

Rally Power
14th April 2010, 14:02
Some weeks ago (not on April 1st), portuguese Autosport site has reported Todt's intention to develop an merger between WRC and IRC series.

http://autosport.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=stories&op=view&fokey=as.stories/83149

The same article mentions Chandler opposition to the project and underline the advantages of Todt's idea.

I've not discover any related notice on the Net, so is this article a scoop or just a joke?

If Todt's plans are real, this could be great news to the sport; the existance of two rival international series really doesn't benefit world rallying!

Mirek
14th April 2010, 14:20
It's not that easy to merge two championships run by different organizations with different promoters.

RS
14th April 2010, 15:20
I suspect that Todt would have liked the WRC Promoter job to have gone to Eurosport.

Tomi
14th April 2010, 15:31

Well said, lets hope it stay in irc.

Addicted
14th April 2010, 21:32
I think Monte is way better and interesting rally than NORF.

Rallyper
14th April 2010, 22:00
I think Monte is way better and interesting rally than NORF.

I shouldn´t even quote that statement but noway.

NORF is THE event. WRC is nothing without NORF.

My prediction 2011:

Norway
Sweden
Argentina
Mexico
Turkey
Greece
Portugal
Finland
Germany
Spain
Sardinia
NZ
Oz
GB
:cool:

Barreis
14th April 2010, 22:13
I loke MC Rally more than NORF.. But in Finland you see who's real player..

bluuford
14th April 2010, 22:44
Monte is good, NORF is the best. I think the biggest problem with Monte can be weather. When the whole Monte is bone dry without any ice then it looses quite a lot of its character. But Finnish jumps and fast road does not just evaporate, they are there every year.

AndyRAC
14th April 2010, 23:57
There's only one Rally that the man in the street/Joe Public has heard of - and it's not Rallye Deutschland, Rally Finland or RallyGB.

It's the Monte - still the most famous, prestigious Rally of them all. That's why it needs to be in the WRC. Can you imagine F1 without Monaco?? Golf without the Masters, Tennis without Wimbledon??
Yet the Monte was dropped, and then chose to sit out the following year. And we wonder why the sport is at a low ebb - people in charge are clueless.

Leon
15th April 2010, 05:08
So after the Loeb V/s the Finn drivers thread we are going for a second round Monte V/s NORF......... :mad:

Tomi
15th April 2010, 09:42
So after the Loeb V/s the Finn drivers thread we are going for a second round Monte V/s NORF......... :mad:

You are right, this forum has become really crap, a wishing and guessing place, kind of miss the times 4-6 years back.

Sulland
15th April 2010, 10:17
I shouldn´t even quote that statement but noway.

NORF is THE event. WRC is nothing without NORF.

My prediction 2011:

Norway
Sweden
Argentina
Mexico
Turkey
Greece
Portugal
Finland
Germany
Spain
Sardinia
NZ
Oz
GB
:cool:

Would be a very good calendar, almost too good to be true !! I would propose to change either NZ or OZ with a rally in USA !

N.O.T
15th April 2010, 12:56
Monte is more about lucky tyre gamble which is fascinating from a specator armchair point of view but from any other point of view its really annoying.

J4MIE
17th April 2010, 23:44
Has the new calendar been announced yet? I thought it was meant to be finalised yesterday?

koko0703
18th April 2010, 00:06
Regardless of which event is better, WRC needs both Monte and NORF, period.

N.O.T
18th April 2010, 00:13
www.rally.gr (http://www.rally.gr) says that the program will be finalised next week and it will include 14 events. No monte and the first event will be sweden....acropolis is included as well as finland...no abu dhabi, no poland according to them.

Langdale Forest
18th April 2010, 08:13
Hopefully Turkey will not be a round of the WRC again, because the organisers cannot get proper 4x4 rescue vehcles.

Henrii6
18th April 2010, 11:49
I hope that last year's cyprus will be back.. Quite a difficult and fun to watch rally :D

J4MIE
18th April 2010, 13:11
www.rally.gr (http://www.rally.gr) says that the program will be finalised next week and it will include 14 events. No monte and the first event will be sweden....acropolis is included as well as finland...no abu dhabi, no poland according to them.

Thanks NOT :up:

Tomi
18th April 2010, 16:46
According to MTV3, next year is like this.

Sweden
Mexico
Portugal
Jordan
Argentina
Greece
Italy
Turkey
Finland
Germany
Australia
France
Spain
GB

Ghostwalker
18th April 2010, 19:10
so what happened to Rally Norway?

Barreis
18th April 2010, 20:35
Same calendar as this year..

Iskald
19th April 2010, 13:47

I suppose Sweden has a lot more to offer. For instance the long and "extremely competitive" trek between Karlstad an Hagfors each morning and evening. A total of appr. 600 kms of absolutely useless road section driving.
Rally Norway regretfully can`t match that...;-)

Btw. the rally editor of Autosport, David Evans, made this a point counting positively for Rally Sweden in one of his weekly columns earlier this year. He actually stated that the total distance and long days of Rally Sweden made it a (interesting and positive) challenge for the drivers. Like in the old days, sort of, when drivers had to take stimulants (illegal today) to stay awake. How it is that long road sections contribute positive towards the competition in WRC, I honestly can`t comprehend. I just wonder who paid Evans to write it...

amilk
19th April 2010, 14:05
I suppose Sweden has a lot more to offer. For instance the long and "extremely competitive" trek between Karlstad an Hagfors each morning and evening. A total of appr. 600 kms of absolutely useless road section driving.
Rally Norway regretfully can`t match that...;-)

Btw. the rally editor of Autosport, David Evans, made this a point counting positively for Rally Sweden in one of his weekly columns earlier this year. He actually stated that the total distance and long days of Rally Sweden made it a (interesting and positive) challenge for the drivers. Like in the old days, sort of, when drivers had to take stimulants (illegal today) to stay awake. How it is that long road sections contribute positive towards the competition in WRC, I honestly can`t comprehend. I just wonder who paid Evans to write it...

We can add also the unsure snow conditions in Sweden. This year was more gravel than snow in several stage even the temperature was below zero since many weeks before the race. Would be interesting to know the deciding factor beside Sweden.

Sulland
19th April 2010, 14:57

Money talks !

AndyRAC
19th April 2010, 15:19
Money talks !

Yes, it does. Though i find it interesting that Sweden is thought a bigger market than Norway, with the Solberg brothers.

Tomi
19th April 2010, 22:40
Money talks !

i guess you mean the opposite, or is sweden also paying off like norway?

Iskald
20th April 2010, 09:22
i guess you mean the opposite, or is sweden also paying off like norway?

What do you insinuate?

Tomi
20th April 2010, 09:30
What do you insinuate?

I just remember some comments from a guy who was in the room when they desided about rally Norway to become a part of WRC, that Norway did pay something extra, he also said that hopefully this wont become a trend, because it would make it more expensive for other arrangers aswell.

Salist
20th April 2010, 11:30
We are very sad because we were twice the Rally Norway and that are very good competitions. :(

MartijnS
20th April 2010, 15:28
I went to Sweden twice and Norway once and agree that Norway was better than Sweden. Excellent timing and conditions.

Barreis
20th April 2010, 20:48
According to MTV3, next year is like this.

Sweden
Mexico
Portugal
Jordan
Argentina
Greece
Italy
Turkey
Finland
Germany
Australia
France
Spain
GB
Good calendar.. :)

Iskald
20th April 2010, 21:33
I just remember some comments from a guy who was in the room when they desided about rally Norway to become a part of WRC, that Norway did pay something extra, he also said that hopefully this wont become a trend, because it would make it more expensive for other arrangers aswell.

You are spreading bull..it hearsay, in my humble opinion! But then again, maybe we should start believing that Rally Finland is supplying hookers to the FIA-guys to stay in the championship. Its just as ridiculous. Really!

Tomi
20th April 2010, 22:01
You are spreading bull..it hearsay, in my humble opinion! But then again, maybe we should start believing that Rally Finland is supplying hookers to the FIA-guys to stay in the championship. Its just as ridiculous. Really!

Not spreading bull, it's true, why would anyone make up a thing like that? Our man in the comission mentioned about it then.
Well you can belive what you like but our rally still make profit, and still is the best organised rally in the calender, so there is no worry it will drop out, how about rally Norway?

N.O.T
20th April 2010, 22:09
where does the profit from the rally go to tomi, does the organising comitee have to publish their expenses/profits ?

Our event always is metioned to have damages on the organisation but somehow our organisers and those responsible for the media are always rich although they owe the goverment some millions....

i ask this because i always wanted to know how a european country of the developed world works on such things

Tomi
20th April 2010, 22:20
where does the profit from the rally go to tomi, does the organising comitee have to publish their expenses/profits ?

Our event always is metioned to have damages on the organisation but somehow our organisers and those responsible for the media are always rich although they owe the goverment some millions....

i ask this because i always wanted to know how a european country of the developed world works on such things

They publish after the event about the profit, and it goes to the organiser and they use it to run the motorsport, most people in our organisation are volunteers, but there is a few that works full days around the year with 1000 lakes.

N.O.T
20th April 2010, 23:51
yes same as it is in here...what is the main income for the organisers and they have a profit ? tickets or sponsors and team/driver fees? becuase since here rally of greece has no fee for the spectators then i could understand why we have loses...although with the move of the rally in athens even with a ticket i doubt we would have a profit since the spectators are very few the last few years.

tolis
21st April 2010, 18:09
Do we know the exact date of the official announcement of next year's calendar?

22nd April 2010, 00:44
Do we know the exact date of the official announcement of next year's calendar?
I read on the iRally iphone app that they will be announced next week now.. So it could be released by June thge way its going lol

harriswrc
27th April 2010, 18:45
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2010/Pages/wrc_2011.aspx

Here is the 2011 calendar.

dimviii
27th April 2010, 18:53
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2010/Pages/wrc_2011.aspx

Here is the 2011 calendar.

:D

Barreis
27th April 2010, 19:12
Not Bad..

Josti
27th April 2010, 20:59
I think it's a strong calender, they defenitly paid attention to some tradional events. A possible 14th event makes me wonder if they are still negotiating with the Monte Carlo organisers, but 13 events to me is a good number.

Miraculously, they still left New Zealand out. I hope the upcoming edition could change their minds in any way.

Tomi
27th April 2010, 21:09
Agree good calender, but it would have been better if Poland and NZ would have replaced Turkey and Jordan. Maybe two snow events would be good also.

Barreis
27th April 2010, 21:10
I Miss Mc Rally..

Josti
27th April 2010, 21:39
Agree good calender, but it would have been better if Poland and NZ would have replaced Turkey and Jordan. Maybe two snow events would be good also.

No Turkey at this moment, maybe they're still under considerating though.

14 events should really be the limit IMO.

Tomi
27th April 2010, 21:43
No Turkey at this moment, maybe they're still under considerating though.

14 events should really be the limit IMO.

Agree too many leaves no time for developing the cars, and it put pressure on the budgets too.

Livewireshock
28th April 2010, 03:29
Hmmm......

I wonder if it is time to run a book on who or what the 14th event might be on the WRC calendar?????

Dark horse could still be an end of year Abu Dhabi / UAE rally, other wise what dates would be available for an event?

Livewireshock
28th April 2010, 03:49
Well I just read that NZ is a 14th reserve, pending if they can organise around the Rugby World Cup being staged in Auckland next year. The wharf being used for the Service Park this year will have several cruise ships tied alongside plus will have several structures built on it, acting as a 'party central' venue for the Rugby World Cup. Construction and dismantling times for the party site stops alternative dates either side of the RWC.

Add to this, even if another service park venue could be located elsewhere, the RWC is affecting other cities and towns across NZ.

Rally NZ press release

Logistics and rugby mean WRC status unlikely for Rally New Zealand in 2011

Logistics and the Rugby World Cup look to have forced Rally New Zealand off the 2011 calendar of the FIA World Rally Championship, but that doesn’t mean that the event won’t be back on the 2012 and future WRC calendars.

“Since it was announced that there was a risk Rally New Zealand was to be deleted permanently from the WRC calendar, we have been working to ensure that this was not the case,” says Chris Carr, chairman of the Rally New Zealand board.

“We were allocated a date for 2011, but it was right in the period of the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand, so that was not feasible,” says Carr, who has been in constant contact with WRC promoters North One Sport over recent weeks.

“The WRC calendar is heavily influenced by the logistics of moving all of the teams and equipment around the world, and a significant portion of the equipment is shipped by sea. The shipping schedules dictated an event in September or October 2011. We had no desire to conflict with the RWC and had to decline those dates.”

Carr says they then looked at dates on either side of the RWC, but again, struck issues such as access to key venues like Queens Wharf.

“New Zealand is still listed as a reserve event for 2011, but the logistics reduce the likelihood of that occurring,” adds Carr.

“Of course, it’s disappointing, but all is not lost and our efforts will now be applied to ensuring a workable date on the 2012 WRC calendar.

“In the meantime, we celebrate the 40th running of Rally New Zealand in 2010 by making sure this year’s event is run to the highest possible standard to ensure that we retain our place in 2012.

“As we said before, the best thing fans can do to show their support for Rally New Zealand and their desire to see the event back in New Zealand at the earliest possible opportunity is to get out and watch the 2010 event. Get out to the prime spectator points around the Whangarei, Kaipara, Franklin, North Waikato and Franklin districts, come down to SKYCITY Auckland on Sunday 2 May for the driver autograph signing session, enjoy the massive day of action at Hampton Downs on Saturday 8 May and come along to the ceremonial start and finish in Auckland’s Viaduct Harbour.

“Our event is highly-regarded, there’s no doubt. It has considerable value to New Zealand in terms of international profile and we continue to talk with all parties as we work towards a suitable date in 2012.

“Now, let’s turn our attention to next week’s Rally New Zealand and celebrate the wonderful heritage of rallying created by the many hundreds of competitors and thousands of volunteers and fans who have helped make this a truly world-class event over the past 40 years.”

Rally New Zealand 2010 takes place from 6 to 9 May with numerous pre-event activities starting this Sunday, 2 May at SKYCITY Auckland.

Camelopard
28th April 2010, 06:53
Well I just read that NZ is a 14th reserve, pending if they can organise around the Rugby World Cup being staged in Auckland next year. The wharf being used for the Service Park this year will have several cruise ships tied alongside plus will have several structures built on it, acting as a 'party central' venue for the Rugby World Cup. Construction and dismantling times for the party site stops alternative dates either side of the RWC.

Add to this, even if another service park venue could be located elsewhere, the RWC is affecting other cities and towns across NZ.

That is a shame, I would much rather have NZ than Oz and maybe Poland instead of Mexico, why do they have to have 2 events in the americas? Or even Poland instead of that useless event in Spain.

J.Lindstroem
28th April 2010, 07:29
That is a shame, I would much rather have NZ than Oz and maybe Poland instead of Mexico, why do they have to have 2 events in the americas? Or even Poland instead of that useless event in Spain.

It is quite a big difference between the rallies in Mexico and the one in Argentina so i think thats allright. Actually i think we could have another rally in the north America as well, maybe on snow! Also i actually reckon Spain as one of my favourite rallies, i think it is really entertaining to see the rallycars in real racingspec. I really don't see the hype with rally Poland, not a special rally to me.

Tomi
28th April 2010, 07:45
I really don't see the hype with rally Poland, not a special rally to me.

Its a rally with a lot of spectators, and for instance much better roads for rally than Mexico.

bluuford
28th April 2010, 08:02
I think that Mexico has proved that it is one of the "must be" events. Spectator numbers are increasing every year and stages are really, really nice and it is the closest rally to USA. Polish rally is not far away from European teams and it should be added as a 14th event next year. It is not good idea to held two events at the same time in NZ. Then WRC will be the one to suffer for sure.

General Prim
28th April 2010, 08:11
Montecarlo Rally is a MUST for WRC!

bluuford
28th April 2010, 16:48
it seems that there are two possible candidates for 14th round in 2011 WRC calendar. N-Z and Poland. N-Z says quite clearly no and therefore seems that Poland is quite likely for 2011.

N.O.T
28th April 2010, 16:56
i wish poland or NZ are the 14th...both fantastic events

Mirek
28th April 2010, 17:01
For me it's a bit strange idea of Poland in January. Any from Polish member knows winter conditions in Mazowskie? I mean common winter not only the last one which was pretty cold everywhere.

ProRally
28th April 2010, 17:38
Montecarlo Rally is a MUST for WRC!

Only a DREAM for the moment, General :D :D

bluuford
28th April 2010, 17:48
However, As far as I understand primary is still to get MONTE into the calendar somehow. If it is not possible then Poland will be in the winter.
And the weather. There can be some snow and sometimes quite cold as well. I remember from the books describing the Masuria district that lakes are usually under the ice cover since the end of December and climate is quite continental there. But however cold and warm weather can still switch relatively quickly and snow can melt very quickly. Mean temperature in January can be -4..-5 degrees (actually quite similar to Hafors, Sweden) but warmer periods are real possibility.

Josti
28th April 2010, 17:57
Well, NZ seems quite unlikely afterall, so if there's going to be a 14th event, it'll be Poland for sure. I think they earned a spot, though I would prefer it not as a season opener. The WRC lacks consistency, and structure is much needed. To change the season opener for a 3rd time in a row could be confusing (baring in mind that the Monte might be back on the calender in 2012).

I would say Sweden as the first round, maybe on january date when there's more chance of packed snow, and Poland as round two on a february date.

Motorsportfun
28th April 2010, 18:03
It looks like that the possibility to expand the calendar to 14 events is just to give time North One, FIA and ACM to come to an agreement until June.

MJW
28th April 2010, 19:31
It looks like that the possibility to expand the calendar to 14 events is just to give time North One, FIA and ACM to come to an agreement until June.
I too suspect that this a last attempt to get Monte back, (I guess Citroen will be keen for a debut win for the DS3 on that rally) Depending on the outcome, maybe Poland runs ahead of Monte for WRC to score the first round of the new year, or maybe "economic reasons" will be quoted to ease new manufacturers into the sport and we stick with 13 rounds
. Whatever, its not too much time for Citroen and Ford to get their 1.6T cars ready, let alone time for large car manufacturers to cost out a season, develop a car etc and be ready for Jan 2011. My feeling is that the rumoured new manufacturers, BMW Mini / SKODA? will do a part season in 2011 and then full season in 2012. That would also allow Loeb to win in the DS3, (for the 8th time) then leave to Peugoet LeMans in 2012 (incidentally there is talk of a world series for LeMans cars coming in 2011 or 2012)

NaBUru38
28th April 2010, 19:36
If we want Subaru, Mitsubishi, Suzuki and/or Toyota back, the WRC must visit Japan regularly. Except for that and the tricky Monte Carlo issue, the calendar is perfect.

[Poland is] a rally with a lot of spectators, and for instance much better roads for rally than Mexico.
This is rally, why would anyone want smooth gravel roads?

Carlo
28th April 2010, 20:36
It is not good idea to held two events at the same time in NZ. Then WRC will be the one to suffer for sure.

International people will attend the Rugby World Cup, Kiwi's will watch it on TV and will attend the rally. RWC ticket prices over the top for "the average family person".

If they can find their way around the logistics of Auckland venues and availability of sponsorship funding things may change. For sure Rugby World Cup is soaking up just about all available funding right now

Iskald
29th April 2010, 08:05
I would say Sweden as the first round, maybe on january date when there's more chance of packed snow.

??? So you actually think that conditions in Sweden is better in january than february? Have you ever been in Varmland in january? Didn`t think so.
Sweden will have just the same troubles providing proper ice- and snowcovered roads in january as in february. For a proper winter rally you need to go to Norway. But we`re stuck with Sweden again, gravelly and muddy roads, no ice and little snow - and of top of that the totally useless trek between Karlstad and Hagfors. It`s a shame...

Rallyper
29th April 2010, 09:48
??? So you actually think that conditions in Sweden is better in january than february? Have you ever been in Varmland in january? Didn`t think so.
Sweden will have just the same troubles providing proper ice- and snowcovered roads in january as in february. For a proper winter rally you need to go to Norway. But we`re stuck with Sweden again, gravelly and muddy roads, no ice and little snow - and of top of that the totally useless trek between Karlstad and Hagfors. It`s a shame...

Well, Iskald, I understand you talk well about Norway - and with all rights. It´s a nice winterrally.

But you´re too generalized about conditions in sweden at the time of january/februari.

It might very well be good winter conditions even in january.

And whether it´s gonna be icy roads and lot of snowbanks is just about what nature wants. So don´t sack sweden. It´s a good decision and the drivers just love sweden, that´s for sure. :s mokin:

AndyRAC
29th April 2010, 09:50
So there's virtually a guarantee of snow in January in Norway. Instead we're going to Sweden in February, were we're not guaranteed snow. Mmm.....

Rallyper
29th April 2010, 09:58
So there's virtually a guarantee of snow in January in Norway. Instead we're going to Sweden in February, were we're not guaranteed snow. Mmm.....

I think there´s no guarantee of snow anywhere, but Sweden has a good chance of winterconditions in February, and then almost every year even icy roads.

AndyRAC
29th April 2010, 10:06
I think there´s no guarantee of snow anywhere, but Sweden has a good chance of winterconditions in February, and then almost every year even icy roads.

Yeah, but recently, we've seen gravely, icy even muddy conditions in Sweden. It's meant to be a snow Rally, isn't it?

Rallyper
29th April 2010, 10:11
Yeah, but recently, we've seen gravely, icy even muddy conditions in Sweden. It's meant to be a snow Rally, isn't it?

Correct - in a way. But 2008 was an exception. If the rally had gone two days earlier conditions would have been perfect.

This year was good with big snowbanks, but packed snow and gravelsurface, which is less good, but still a winterrally.

Josti
29th April 2010, 16:02

Well, I wasn't holding Sweden against Norway, the decision has been made already. Indeed, I'm no specialist in the local climate of Rally Sweden, but as Rallyper said, there are never guarantees, even in Norway.

But read closely next time. I was talking about the lack of consistency in WRC, and that it shouldn't have a different season opener for the 3rd time in a row, that's why I suggested Sweden on a january date. I said "maybe" there's more chance of packed snow also (judging from the last two editions).

Livewireshock
29th April 2010, 16:12
Gentlemen,

The decision has been made, not so much for the climate or weather reasons but for other political and promotional reasons with in the sport. No matter if we agree with them or not, arguing over it will not solve anything and only affects ourselves.

Now to enjoy our beloved sport and the calendar we have been given and to see what June 23rd brings and a possible 14th round. Otherwise the WMSC will not be changing their minds on any events as they stand, no matter what is said on this forum.

Carlo
29th April 2010, 21:47
Gentlemen,

The decision has been made, not so much for the climate or weather reasons but for other political and promotional reasons with in the sport. No matter if we agree with them or not, arguing over it will not solve anything and only affects ourselves.

Now to enjoy our beloved sport and the calendar we have been given and to see what June 23rd brings and a possible 14th round. Otherwise the WMSC will not be changing their minds on any events as they stand, no matter what is said on this forum.

The most intellegent comment on the subject to date.

gloomyDAY
29th April 2010, 23:07
Yes! Mexico made it back on the schedule.

I'm glad because the spot won't go to some smooth surface rally and I get a chance to see it in action once again. I would have liked to see one more snow rally as well, but I'm fine with this schedule.

Rallyper
30th April 2010, 09:13
Livewireshock: you got my vote!

Rally Power
30th April 2010, 19:59
However, As far as I understand primary is still to get MONTE into the calendar somehow.

Amen to that!

We still know very little about 2011 WRC1.6T cars, but it seems likely that they will be allowed not only in world championship but also in other international and national series (otherwise these series would be limited to S2000 cars, with no further developments from 2010, and the other N4 homologated machinery: Evo’s and Impreza’s).

This means that WRC and IRC will have the same top level cars, so there were no technical limitations for some iconic rallies to have dual championship eligibility, especially when FIA has already announced larger autonomy for WRC organizers to plan their rallies route.

Let’s face it: it would be difficult to imagine a greater start for the WRC and IRC 2011 championships than a join Monte Carlo Rallye.

Will Mr. Todt be able to math ISC and Eurosport Events commercial interests? For the sport sake, we can only hope it!

GigiGalliNo1
13th May 2010, 09:32
So no Turkey!? :(

What happens if Greece will continue to be how it is now, as seen on the news with the market, no money and riots?

Safe to fly drivers and teams there in an unstable country?

cercle
2nd June 2010, 21:32
Any news yet about the round in Italy?

Will it be in Sardegna? Like the previous time it was WRC (2009)?
Or in San remo?

Josti
2nd June 2010, 21:56
Any news yet about the round in Italy?

Will it be in Sardegna? Like the previous time it was WRC (2009)?
Or in San remo?

It will be Sardinia, only it's still unclear whether it's going to be a mixed surface event or just gravel as previous. TBA...

N.O.T
2nd June 2010, 22:04
So no Turkey!? :(

What happens if Greece will continue to be how it is now, as seen on the news with the market, no money and riots?

Safe to fly drivers and teams there in an unstable country?

safety is no issue...as usual the greeks are only a few riots at the start and then blah blah blah and then some more ass licking to the polititians to get a pathetic job for their pathetic lives

the thing is that the event will from the looks of things (in my opinion) be cancelled due to financial reasons same as ERC ELPA a few years back.

You see the organisers and everyone involved maybe for the first time will see that they actually will not put any money in their pockets so they will cancel the farce next year....

J4MIE
6th June 2010, 12:58
I hope that it isn't cancelled in Greece, I love it over there and if it is running I will be back for sure :up:

tolis
6th June 2010, 13:47
I hope that it isn't cancelled in Greece, I love it over there and if it is running I will be back for sure :up:
You are welcome J4MIE!!! :) Indeed, the current situation is not good, but we all hope...

dimviii
6th June 2010, 15:42

Hope so too! :)