PDA

View Full Version : No more Longcross

m.lowe
27th February 2007, 16:13
Please be advised that it is with regret that I have to advise you of the cancellation of the 2007 Chieftain and Scorpion Sprints at Longcross following the decision of QinetiQ Management to withdraw the venue from ALL motor sport use.

This decision was confirmed this afternoon at a meeting between myself (as MSA Liaison Officer), Ian Davis (MSA) and the appropriate management at QinetiQ Farnborough.

The withdrawl is also effective immediately for all remaining motor club bookings for rallies (Craven MC / Sutton & Cheam MC / Rally Britannia / Bexley LCC / Oxford MC) and Sprint bookings (London Irish MC).

This situation is subject to an on-going discussion although it should be stressed that QinetiQ have stressed that they are unlikely to reverse their decision. Should there be any favourable development over the next few days then I will advise you accordingly.

I would ask that any queries or communications regarding this matter are directed toward me in the first instance.

Barry Guess

MSA Liaison Officer

[email:s8ahe8k8]BarryGCharlie@aol.com[/email:s8ahe8k8]

Nick98
27th February 2007, 21:01
Very sad day. I was talking to Barry only this afternoon about it. Lets just hope that the kneejerk reaction to the unfortunate incident last week will subside and rallying can return to this great venue.