PDA

View Full Version : Cricket: New ODI record

CaptainRaiden
25th February 2010, 07:48
Just heard the news that Sachin Tendulkar became the first man in cricket history to make 200 runs in an ODI.

http://www.cricinfo.com/indvrsa2010/content/current/story/449829.html

And in 147 balls! What the hell? I haven't seen the match, don't get it on telly here. Were the South African bowlers sleeping or something? Or did Sachin eat something special for breakfast? Amazing! :eek:

Valve Bounce
25th February 2010, 09:24
There have been several records here also in ODI cricket: Record low attendances for the grounds. The game has been hugely surpassed by 20-twenty Big Bash cricket. Our guy David Warner set the second fastest 50 in Big Bash against the hapless Windies. I have recorded it - it was great!! :p :

Storm
25th February 2010, 09:30
It had to happen someday. Crazy flat pitches, small grounds, boundary ropes brought in, fielding restrictions, cannot bowl even 1 inch outside leg stump, no bouncers etc etc.

killing the bowlers for the sake of some cheap thrills. 400 runs in 50 overs.
Boring as hell as it has stopped being a competition(for me atleast) hence I stopped watching cricket a couple of years back.. I do check test match scores (but cannot watch it as stupid NEO channel has the coverage).

T20 is not even cricket. Its a circus.

Valve Bounce
25th February 2010, 09:32
T20 is not even cricket. Its a circus.

Correct; and India has the best one in the IPL.

race_director
26th February 2010, 13:13
Correct; and India has the best one in the IPL.

i agree with u, why to make a fuzz abt a tournament , which does not have a ICC status .

555-04Q2
1st March 2010, 11:04
I love test cricket and the 50 over format, but 20/20 cricket is the future of cricket. People dont have time anymore to sit for 8 hours watching a 50 over game. Then it rains halfway through etc etc.

I have attended local, international and IPL 20/20 matches when they were here last year and it is such a great buzz. In and out in 3 to 3.5 hours. Almost like a rugby match. Brilliant :up: