PDA

View Full Version : Cup Series-Shelby American 400 Racethread

slorydn1
24th February 2010, 21:46
Can RCR finally get a win this week? Or will one of the Busch brothers win the Hometown 400?

damg75
25th February 2010, 00:31
Can RCR finally get a win this week? Or will one of the Busch brothers win the Hometown 400?
Maybe Jeffro can get off the schneid and get a "w"??? Nah, it'll prolly be an RCR car, they've been too strong to not win one of these first 3.

slorydn1
25th February 2010, 00:35
Maybe Jeffro can get off the schneid and get a "w"??? Nah, it'll prolly be an RCR car, they've been too strong to not win one of these first 3.
Jeff is pretty good here. I wonder how much that hit on the backstretch wall plays in his mind tho.....

I do remember the time Jeff hit the wall coming off 4 and STILL put it on the pole

damg75
25th February 2010, 00:44
Jeff is pretty good here. I wonder how much that hit on the backstretch wall plays in his mind tho.....

I do remember the time Jeff hit the wall coming off 4 and STILL put it on the pole
I'd take another pole...it would tie him with the great Cale Yarborough for 3rd on the all-time list with 69. :s mokin:

damg75
27th February 2010, 02:15
I'd take another pole...it would tie him with the great Cale Yarborough for 3rd on the all-time list with 69. :s mokin:
DANG IT, just missed it! Congrats to Kurt Busch on his hometown pole.

dunes
1st March 2010, 01:19
Can I get a rundown on the finish positions here.
I missed the whole race.

harvick#1
1st March 2010, 01:20
there is motorsport.com

they have the results and standings on their main page

dunes
1st March 2010, 01:33
there is motorsport.com

they have the results and standings on their main page

Yes I know but the views and results from here are so much more colorful.
I got them thanks Harv.

Hoss Ghoul
1st March 2010, 01:40
Jimmie Johnson's success is due to his ability, of course, and other drivers beating themselves racing him.

Case in point: Gordon stupidly takes 2 tires with about 10 cars on the lead lap and the fastest car with over 30 to go. Moronic move, that one will sting for some time.

harvick#1
1st March 2010, 02:00
some may also forget that Harvick was chasing Johnson down in the final laps again.

but Gordon being the dominate car today, they did take a stupid move on pit road by only taking 2 tires.

MD24
1st March 2010, 03:31
some may also forget that Harvick was chasing Johnson down in the final laps again.

but Gordon being the dominate car today, they did take a stupid move on pit road by only taking 2 tires.

I find they make a lot of those stupid mistakes.
It will be interesting to see if the #29 team is for real.

slorydn1
1st March 2010, 23:14

Yep :up:

As for STEVE LETARTE'S call for 2 tires that was especially STUPEFYING considering that beacuse of Nascar's rules of not allowing pulling up to pit meant that Jeff could have taken four tires and have been NO WORSE than p4 on the restart, which is the second car on the outside line with the double file restart.

Harvick was P3 coming in and HAD to take 2 just to maintain that as he had been 15 seconds behind Jeff under green and had 20 something lappers between him and Gordon, so the 24 and 48 were almost halfway down pit road when the 29 entered. As it was, Harv just barely edged the 48 for P3, and Jeff would probably have stayed out front, and had 4 fresh tires.

Steve Letarte needs to be canned, and quick. His ineptitude has cost Jeff Gordon several wins since he replaced Robbie Loomis

harvick#1
1st March 2010, 23:25
well, it was like what else could've been if Harv's "teammate" didn't block him everylap even though Harv had the faster car, Bowyer cost him several seconds and he could only get up and pass Gordon in the final laps.

off to Atlanta, and if the fall race was any indication for Harvick, that win could finally break through

willracefan
5th March 2010, 05:24
thats exactly what i thought harv, i thought harvick lost time on those two because of bowyer.