PDA

View Full Version : Rml Btcc 2010

norwichsam1
24th February 2010, 11:21
Apologies if there is already a thread on this subject (mods please feel free to merge) but I was wondering what was going on with RML and any potential BTCC program.
A few weeks back there were a number of rumours about them running Cruzes, maybe for Plato and A.N Other (possibly Jackson or anyone with a wad of cash) but since then it's all gone very quiet and obviously there's been no sign of the team out testing, other than the WTCC team obviously.
I know they left it very late last year but I was hoping to see them out again this time round, and hopefully with a bit of pre season testing as well. With teams at the sharp end of the grid looking painfully thin on the ground it would be a real shame not to see the chevvies out there.

PDS
24th February 2010, 14:04
Unfortunately, you, like everyone else, will have to wait for their official announcement...

Mind you, you could join the chat about them on the 2010 rumours thread.

RaceOnBtcc2010
24th February 2010, 15:01
i am waiting for this team to confirm if they are entering this year , i am big follower of jason plato , he did have problems getting financial backing at start of this year so only time will tell

RaceOnBtcc2010
24th February 2010, 15:05
Chevrolet Lacettis Rule ,, they are true class and in 2009 had the right drivers behind the wheel Jason Plato , Mat Jackson and James Nash

Eurotech
24th February 2010, 18:30
The two Racing Silverline Chevys from Last season are currently for sale, This means that if RML are entering, they will probably be using Cruzes.

Eurotech
24th February 2010, 18:31
The two Racing Silverline Chevys from Last season are currently for sale, This means that if RML are entering, they will probably be using Cruzes.

Allyc85
24th February 2010, 19:17
If you read Motorsport news it would appear that there will be a factory Chevvy team in the BTCC this rear running 2 Cruze's with Plato being one of the drivers. We shall see though ;)

BTCC2
24th February 2010, 21:58
If you read Motorsport news it would appear that there will be a factory Chevvy team in the BTCC this rear running 2 Cruze's with Plato being one of the drivers. We shall see though ;)

Could finally happen this year with the withdrawal of Vauxhall meaning that GM would have no objection to it.

Eurotech
24th February 2010, 22:11
Hmmm I guess and now that Team Dynamics seem to be running as a semi-works outfit for Honda, its not like they have no one to race against.

I'm suprised Chevrolet GB haven't done this sooner given the fact that Chevys don't really seem to sell that well in this country atm...

Alfa Fan
24th February 2010, 22:25
So its Chevrolet versus Ford versus Honda in the 'manufacturers' championship this season? With 2 of them actually being manufacturer entries.

Pat_Cranham85
25th February 2010, 11:16
Surely if Triple Eight decide to enter Vectra's they will be legible for the manufacturer/constructors championship as well?

RaceOnBtcc2010
25th February 2010, 12:56
Either way time will tell on the March 23rd who is racing ...
Jason Plato is knee deep in nappies at moment with the birth of his second child lol

norwichsam1
6th March 2010, 06:33
Well seeing as Tom Chilton has just taken over Jason Plato's column for the Sun online, I am sadly starting to think that we won't be seeing Jason out this year.

LiamM
6th March 2010, 14:20
Well seeing as Tom Chilton has just taken over Jason Plato's column for the Sun online, I am sadly starting to think that we won't be seeing Jason out this year.

I think that just reflects that he's got too much do to with his new child.

Les
7th March 2010, 12:11
more likely that a young single lad like Tom is more in line with the Sun's readership. I just have this feeling he might end up on page 3

Eurotech
7th March 2010, 22:20
He once posed nude in a magazine that my Mum bought - he just had his helmet covering his gentlemans area!

RaceOnBtcc2010
10th March 2010, 10:10
i do hope they will be running a team this year , jason plato is my favourite and after splashing out on official chevrolet btcc clothing and other mechandise wont be happy if i cant wear it trackside this year !!!!!

AndySpeed
11th March 2010, 23:27
He once posed nude in a magazine that my Mum bought - he just had his helmet covering his gentlemans area!

Yeah... sure, it was your Mum's magazine...

Eurotech
11th March 2010, 23:29
what are yo insinuating?

Allyc85
16th March 2010, 13:37
Plato has been out testing a Cruze today which looks a good sign :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82189

Alfa Fan
16th March 2010, 13:44
Story suggests they are still very much considering the Lacetti though. I'm not sure I believe that given the fact that 2 Cruzes have been allocated to the BTCC team already! We will see. I think the only way we'll see the Lacetti is if the Cruze is disastrous on the Dunlops over the next couple of days.

Allyc85
16th March 2010, 17:03
Pic here.

http://www.crash.net/btcc/news/157775/1/rml_tests_cruze_ahead_of_2010.html

Fingers crossed it does work well on Dunlops as it would be great to see the newest possible cars in the championship. Only thing is the Leccetis main weapon was its top end speed and that Cruze is a big ol beast in comparison!