PDA

View Full Version : V8 Supercars 2010

Rollo
23rd February 2010, 01:11
Jamie Whincup took out both races at Yas Marina in Triple 8s "new" Commodore.

Actually I wonder how much of the car is "new". Considering that there are control bits all through these cars, how much new stuff did Triple 8 have to actually engineer to make the switch from Falcons to Commodores?

F1boat
23rd February 2010, 06:22
I don't know, but the cars look spectacular in Abu Dhabi!

I am evil Homer
23rd February 2010, 10:06
Whincup is on fire....can't see anyone catching him TBH. HSV will challenge, FPR too but I think Whincup will win the title again. Can't begrudge him that either as he's a great guy.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd February 2010, 18:19
V8 Supercars surely have some different bits? I hope the series isn't getting like NASCAR Sprint Cup....

Rollo
25th February 2010, 10:04
The bodyshells themselves are "based" off the standard road cars (though the Commodore requires it to be shortened and narrowed, and the roof reprofiled).

The engines are effectively racing versions of Ford's 302 Windsor and GM's 305 motors (both extinct in road cars).
They share common drivetrains, control gearboxes, front suspensions, control wheels, control tyres, as well as control diffs.

There is a so called "Car of the Future" supposedly in development, but I don't think that it's turned a wheel yet. Certainly neither Ford nor Holden can guarantee the future viability of their Australian produced models what with Detroit, acting like a basket case.

Rollo
28th February 2010, 22:45
Whincup scores another double in Bahrain.

It doesn't matter how many times I see this place it always manages to look totally devoid of scenery and character. Apart from the odd palm tree dotted here and there, Bahrain looks about as exciting as a race in a Las Vegas car park.

Four from four from Whincup, and so far it doesn't look like people are going to catch him easily.

PDS
1st March 2010, 00:35
I can't wait for them to race in OZ where they race at their best..

Roll on the Clipsal..

wedge
4th March 2010, 22:54
It doesn't matter how many times I see this place it always manages to look totally devoid of scenery and character. Apart from the odd palm tree dotted here and there, Bahrain looks about as exciting as a race in a Las Vegas car park.

Liked the corkscrew section. Amazing what elevation can do to Mickey Mouse corners.

ShiftingGears
5th March 2010, 03:02
Whincup gets a 3rd title.

I am evil Homer
5th March 2010, 10:52
Looks that way...can't begrudge him though i've always liked Jamie. Hoping Winterbottom can put up a challenge though as he's another favourite of mine.

bt52b
7th March 2010, 01:13
The bodyshells themselves are "based" off the standard road cars (though the Commodore requires it to be shortened and narrowed, and the roof reprofiled).

The new Falcon had to be shortened too!