PDA

View Full Version : Who Thinks Codemasters Or Simbin Should Develop A Standalone Game For the Official BTCC Season ???

RaceOnBtcc2010
22nd February 2010, 10:26
BTCC Season 2010

Bruce D
22nd February 2010, 11:06
+1

It's a marketing diamond waiting to be polished really.

steve_spackman
24th February 2010, 16:32
Simbin, YES. Codemasters...NO WAY!!!

Bruce D
25th February 2010, 06:05
+1 to that too!

Daniel
25th February 2010, 08:51
Sure it's possible but it won't happen. The TOCA games only came out because the BTCC was so big back in the 90's, nowadays it's small fry.

RaceOnBtcc2010
25th February 2010, 09:24
Simbin, YES. Codemasters...NO WAY!!!

Totally agree on Simbin being the developer if Alan Gow allowed permissions ...
At least Simbin racing sims work fully with Windows 7 , my old toca race series doesnt work due to a protection driver . there is download for it but it only works on vista :confused:

Such a shame because i now have Simbin down as one the best racing sim developers of the past 10 years :)

Daniel
25th February 2010, 09:27
Totally agree on Simbin being the developer if Alan Gow allowed permissions ...
At least Simbin racing sims work fully with Windows 7 , my old toca race series doesnt work due to a protection driver . there is download for it but it only works on vista :confused:

Such a shame because i now have Simbin down as one the best racing sim developers of the past 10 years :)
If you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate there is an XP mode.

RaceOnBtcc2010
25th February 2010, 10:10
If you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate there is an XP mode.[/*:m:1sldqwaz]i have ulitmate but it still doesnt work for some reason :confused:

Daniel
25th February 2010, 10:15
[/*:m:3kif20hd]i have ulitmate but it still doesnt work for some reason :confused:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

RaceOnBtcc2010
25th February 2010, 10:28
thank you very much , downloading now ,

Bruce D
25th February 2010, 11:15
Sure it's possible but it won't happen. The TOCA games only came out because the BTCC was so big back in the 90's, nowadays it's small fry.

Small fry compared to what? WTCC? I don't think so, their races are so boring in comparison. Either a SEAT wins or a BMW wins, and unless they punt each other off there is no change of positions.

Even though we don't get it on TV here anymore in SA I still make a point of buying the review DVD each season. So worth the money.

Daniel
25th February 2010, 11:16
Small fry compared to what? WTCC? I don't think so, their races are so boring in comparison. Either a SEAT wins or a BMW wins, and unless they punt each other off there is no change of positions.

Even though we don't get it on TV here anymore in SA I still make a point of buying the review DVD each season. So worth the money.
Asking which is best between the WTCC and BTCC is like asking whether someone wants fully blown AIDS or hemorrhoids. Sure you'd take the hemorrhoids, but you still don't want either of them really.

Bruce D
25th February 2010, 11:31
Well if it don't interest you, what attracted you to this thread? I'm confused. ;)

Deep down inside, you know the BTCC is brilliant! :p

RaceOnBtcc2010
25th February 2010, 12:52
thanks daniel for that link , toca race driver works a treat , only good thing about the game is you have lots of variety !!!

Daniel
25th February 2010, 12:55
thanks daniel for that link , toca race driver works a treat , only good thing about the game is you have lots of variety !!!
Always happy to help :) I'm the resident forum nerd so if there's anything someone here can't help you with I'm usually a good bet :)

MrJan
26th February 2010, 16:58
Well if it don't interest you, what attracted you to this thread? I'm confused. ;)

Deep down inside, you know the BTCC is brilliant! :p

Deep down though you know that it's a shadow of the series which was used in TOCA and TOCA2 (not Race Driver) ;)

BDunnell
26th February 2010, 18:02

I'm not.

Allyc85
26th February 2010, 18:23
would love to see a BTCC game, would be a massive boost to the series which may attract more sponsors and manufacturers back.

Problem is though I thought Simbins Race Pro was utter crap and Codemasters have gone very arcadey and Americanised, not that ive anything personal against americans :)

AndyRAC
26th February 2010, 21:14
There are no official Manufacturers - so who would pay, etc

Might be different if you had DTM, V8 Supercars in a Touring cars package.

Bruce D
1st March 2010, 05:58
I think our only real hope would be if Simbin did it. And if you think about it they could package it well with DTM and V8 Supercars.

RaceOnBtcc2010
2nd March 2010, 08:11
v8 supercars are cool , the aussie series is very good and so are the circuits , bathhurst , adelaide , hidden valley to name but a few ...

KILOHMUNNS
2nd March 2010, 08:50
Why just this season?

I think it would be great if a BTCC game included all the last 50 years! Wouldn't it be great to be able to drive a Galaxie, Capri, Rover Vitesse, Ford Sierra RS500.......(the list goes on)

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd March 2010, 13:47
Why just this season?

I think it would be great if a BTCC game included all the last 50 years! Wouldn't it be great to be able to drive a Galaxie, Capri, Rover Vitesse, Ford Sierra RS500.......(the list goes on)

Now this I like! :up:

Sadly, the big money is just in arcady games that are design for the mass market.

Bruce D
2nd March 2010, 13:53
Ah the RS500 would be entertaining!

#1JamesThompsonFan
8th March 2010, 18:10
Has anyone tried getting hold of SimBin? Its a nightmare! Every email gets chucked back because SimBin is saying it is spam. Obviously they dont want opinions from their consumers. If they dont want to hear from the people that buy their games, why have a contact page on the website?

RaceOnBtcc2010
10th March 2010, 10:06
Has anyone tried getting hold of SimBin? Its a nightmare! Every email gets chucked back because SimBin is saying it is spam. Obviously they dont want opinions from their consumers. If they dont want to hear from the people that buy their games, why have a contact page on the website?

totally agree , if ya go on EASports website there is a feedback link that u can use to express your opinions on their games and 9/10 times they do reply..
however simbin dont , i have simbin on facebook but its run mainly by fans of the series :confused: