PDA

View Full Version : Marco to get extra seat time

TURN3
22nd February 2010, 01:49
Just seen where Marco is going to drive 24 LeMans. I find this a little surprising considering he hasn't exactly shown much talent, speed, or technical ability. Good for him though, one of the world's quality events. He will have Neil Jani as one of his co-drivers...no THERE is a real fast dude. Has been fast in anything he has touched.

Chamoo
22nd February 2010, 03:29
Just seen where Marco is going to drive 24 LeMans. I find this a little surprising considering he hasn't exactly shown much talent, speed, or technical ability. Good for him though, one of the world's quality events. He will have Neil Jani as one of his co-drivers...no THERE is a real fast dude. Has been fast in anything he has touched.

Marco was praised when he ran the Acura LMP2 machine in 2008. He was the fastest driver on the team when he drove for AGR's ALMS program and turned alot of heads that weren't expecting him to do well.

Josh1985
22nd February 2010, 03:51
Who is he driving for? Link?

Chamoo
22nd February 2010, 04:28
Who is he driving for? Link?

Rebellion Racing at Le Mans only.

Mark in Oshawa
22nd February 2010, 06:04
Good on Marco. It is good too that he wont be driving for his Dad. I think Marco needs to be on another team without Dad around. I think the kid has the Andretti talent (at least enough of it to win races) but cant put the mental part of the game together nor learn to survive on the techinical side without his dad's influence. Mike is like many parents, trying to help, but I truly think his development has been hindered by racing for AGR.

Graham Rahal never ran for his dad's teams, and it shows why Graham in my mind is a better talent at this point in his career than Marco is. THIS 24 hour effort is a really good place for Marco to taste a racing culture not defined by Daddy's influence.