PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will win the 2010 Formula One Australian Grand Prix ?

BDuncan
18th February 2010, 01:28
Who do you think will win the 2010 Formula One Australian Grand Prix
and please say why ?

gloomyDAY
18th February 2010, 02:05
I can tell you who is not going to win the Oz GP.

Mark Webber. He can qualify first, with the best fuel/race strategy, and still manage to get punted off at the first turn. The guy is just jinxed when it comes to racing in front of the home crowd.

Ari
18th February 2010, 03:16
I can tell you who is not going to win the Oz GP.

Mark Webber. He can qualify first, with the best fuel/race strategy, and still manage to get punted off at the first turn. The guy is just jinxed when it comes to racing in front of the home crowd.

Actually, he's been jinxed no matter what.

But right you are, something about Australia he just can't seem to get it right.

Last year was the first year he had a car capable and didn't make a lap. He stuffed up his quali and was then shunted by Rubens. Similar thing year before if I recall with Nakaz on the first lap.

Next year? Well, the monkey is officially off the back. The win monkey that is. The Australian GP monkey? Is yet to be seen.

Webber seems really confident at the moment. In a number of February fluff pieces he seems to have his head and motivation in the right place. Only time will tell for the Aussie GP.

Last year I watched Webber get shunted off at the first corner, let's hope he can at least make a lap this year. It's all about the qualifying and last year his qualifying wasn't great considering the car he had under him.

Who can win the first GP? Well, I say about 10 different guys can do it. Shall be good to see! I can't wait. :D

maximilian
18th February 2010, 12:59
Jinxed? He finished 5th in Australia in his FIRST ever race... in a MINARDI, of all cars! :D

I think he'll win it this year, and there won't be a dry eye in the house! :cool:

ShiftingGears
18th February 2010, 15:47
BTW why is the second round more of a question than the first?

Cause no-one gives a toss about Bahrain. They're only forced to because it's the first race of the season :p :

K-Pu
18th February 2010, 15:57
Cause no-one gives a toss about Bahrain. They're only forced to because it's the first race of the season :p :

I couldnīt have put it better.

Langdale Forest
18th February 2010, 16:59
I think Jenson Button will win because if i remember he won there last year?

Sonic
18th February 2010, 17:02
I couldnīt have put it better.

+1. Bahrain is just not a season opener.

tf109b
19th February 2010, 21:10
i will say lewis hamilton takes it, unless some major developments happen by other teams in the last week, i have him to take bahrain and australia. maybe alonso will suprise me. if he can beat massa baby.

Saint Devote
20th February 2010, 00:58
Who do you think will win the 2010 Formula One Australian Grand Prix
and please say why ?

Fernando Alonso - because the Ferrari F10 will not be a problem car and the Spaniard is the most determined driver, other than Schumacher the only driver without weakness and he is ready to once again beat Schumacher after a most frustrating time at Renault.

Underestimate him at your peril.

Saint Devote
20th February 2010, 01:02

Well I like Sakhir because I love the desert and I like the track - and hopefully Jense does it again :D

BTCC2
21st February 2010, 21:52
Bahrain bores me. I think it will be Lewis Hamilton at Melbourne.

F1boat
22nd February 2010, 07:04
I'm afraid that it will be Lewis.

leopard
23rd February 2010, 03:57
Only take a guess, alonso may give surprises, but provided nothing went extremely wrong I wouldn't skip probability of drivers like Vettel on RBR.

Ari
23rd February 2010, 04:06

ZING!

Ari
23rd February 2010, 04:09
Only take a guess, alonso may give surprises, but provided nothing went extremely wrong I wouldn't skip probability of drivers like Vettel on RBR.

Correct. He was close last year..... and this year it's likely they will have a car again.

millencolin
24th February 2010, 10:43
WEBBER!!! Why? because I will be there for a change to cheer him on

nigelred5
24th February 2010, 12:46
the driver that crosses start finish first. :wacko:

Australia is always such a hard call. New driver/team combinations, new chassis, fresh engines. Everyone either sandbags in testing or runs ultra light to show unrealistic lap times. Strategy is goint to be strange for a while with tire only stops. Do you run hard tires really long and set up for softies and light fuel for a blast at the end?

jens
27th February 2010, 18:04
One of Vettel, Hamilton or a Ferrari guy. I'm not sure, on which to bet just yet. Webber tends to be unlucky in front of his home crowd most of the time.