PDA

View Full Version : USF1 Test at Barber Ms Park

IMSA
16th February 2010, 17:46
A freelance reporter called Barber today to inquire about media credentials for the USF1 test.

Well.....the test was NEVER been scheduled. USF1 ONLY inquired on the what dates were available. Barber staff gave them the dates and track rental rates.

USF1 has NEVER called back to schedule or discuss any possible dates or tried to rent the track. The track has been getting calls asking about the 20th of February. The track is tied up that day and this date cannot (even if requested) can be used.

Just more BS from Windsor/USF1.

F1boat
16th February 2010, 18:01
They should give the spot to Stefan GP. This is laughable.

Stuartf12007
16th February 2010, 18:26
USF1 will not be on the 2010 grid. FACT.

VkmSpouge
16th February 2010, 18:42
USF1 will not be on the 2010 grid. FACT.

Well no it isn't. At the minute it's just speculation. It'll be fact when they don't turn up this season.

UltimateDanGTR
16th February 2010, 18:47
Can we quite calling it USF1 please? I think 'Facepalm Racing' would be more appropriate :rolleyes:

Robinho
16th February 2010, 19:14
USFai1 seems appropriate

N. Jones
16th February 2010, 19:16
This is sad, really.

Wasn't Campos supposed to have the financial decided last Monday?

I think we would have been better off with ProDrive and Lola, even if I am unsure how stable Lola is at the moment.

Robinho
16th February 2010, 19:25
yeah but they were'nt willing to roll over and have their tummy's tickled until they agreed to use Cosworth

Sonic
16th February 2010, 19:50
Wasn't Campos supposed to have the financial decided last Monday?

Yes, as far as I know. I can't help but feel a little sorry for USF1. Yes its a total mess, and yes they probably won't show at Bahrain, but they are recieving a lot more stick than Campos, who seem to be making a pretty big horlicks of going GP racing as well - and they have a background as a team!

F1boat
16th February 2010, 20:24
USFai1 seems appropriate

WTF1 is the best. Can't remember who invented it, though.

N. Jones
16th February 2010, 20:42
Yes, as far as I know. I can't help but feel a little sorry for USF1. Yes its a total mess, and yes they probably won't show at Bahrain, but they are recieving a lot more stick than Campos, who seem to be making a pretty big horlicks of going GP racing as well - and they have a background as a team!

Yeah they are, for whatever reason.
I feeling is the consensus here is that both of these teams will miss at least the opener in Bahrain?

maximilian
16th February 2010, 22:16
WTF1 is the best. Can't remember who invented it, though.
*waves* :D

DazzlaF1
16th February 2010, 22:40

I agree

Yes people think USF1 is just one big laughing stock, but in a way I actually commend them for giving it a go in terms of trying to create a team from scratch (something that has'nt been done since Stewart back in 1997). Still i'll only believe it when i see it announced officially but if it is true, then hard luck on them.

Campos however look like they've bitten off more than they can chew, either they must have completely underestimated the costs of Grand Prix racing (which would be a monumental cock-up in my book) or simply they've not been able to gather the sponsorship/financial backing needed to go racing.

speeddurango
17th February 2010, 01:07
Same thing can be said for the USF1 team too, underestimating the cost and unable to acquire adequate financial backing, there were also plenty of bad management going on.

stephenw_us
17th February 2010, 01:33
USF1 deserves every bit of criticism headed their way - I'd especially like to thank them for adding another chapter of failure to our dreams of having an American driver on the grid again...

Thanks Peter!!

nigelred5
17th February 2010, 01:55
They might have started off better had it been an American leading the American F1 effort. I still strongly believe it can be done as they proposed with amercian designers, engineers and manufacturing, but the economy, the time frame and the current management have all screwed up what could be a good thing. Last year's fight over the regs, spending caps, the concorde agreement all falling make this extremely difficult. Lotus has the malaysian goverment's backing, Virgin has, well, Virgin backing, and al have far more experienced and reliable people at the helm. Quite a shame what's going on. I
d love to see a car pop up out of the blue through all of the negative speculation, but I see the probablility of that happening and me winning the powerball about even odds, and I never play the lottery.

Shifter
17th February 2010, 04:53
I was holding out and not joining the naysayers, but this really looks like the proof that USF1 is stillborn, along with putting the building up for sale in Charlotte if I heard right from motorsport-magazin.com

F1boat
17th February 2010, 06:37
*waves* :D

My sincere congratulations!

Easy Drifter
17th February 2010, 06:41
As has been pointed out before USF1 are tenants on a lease until 2014.
They do not own the building.
If it does sell the lease remains in effect as long as they can pay the rent.

turismo6
17th February 2010, 06:56
(something that has'nt been done since Stewart back in 1997).
Toyota? Lotus? Virgin?

maximilian
17th February 2010, 12:40
As has been pointed out before USF1 are tenants on a lease until 2014.
They do not own the building.
If it does sell the lease remains in effect as long as they can pay the rent.
Which will be, from the looks of it, until December 2009! :p :

WTF1 is the ULTIMATE soon to come entry on the "F1 Rejects" page! :rolleyes: I think at least all the other rejects had SOME kind of vehicle!! These guys have an OFFICIAL entry, and NOTHING...

Nicely chosen, FIA!

Now, if StefanGP doesn't get to race in 2010 and we have a 24-car grid, I am gonna have a FIT!!!

F1boat
17th February 2010, 13:37
24? So you have faith in Campos? Respect! IMO they are not better than WTF1.

maximilian
17th February 2010, 13:48
24? So you have faith in Campos? Respect! IMO they are not better than WTF1.
I know what you mean... but at least there are SOME "positive" rumors about Campos out there (while there are only "negative" ones about WTF1), and Campos pretty much HAS a real car that could be ready in time to race, given that Dallara must have built that thing by now, or at least have the parts in place to do so at a moment's notice after getting the CASH (while WTF1 doesn't seem to have anything even resembling a vehicle). Campos could be bought out by "someone" at the last moment. In WTF1's case, there doesn't seem to be anything worth buying out at all.

I would be really peeved if we end up with a grid of less than 26 cars :mad:

wedge
17th February 2010, 13:58
Hilarious!

Unless he joins Nigel Stepney and disappears from the univerve I can't wait for his excuses on SpeedTV & F1Racing

DazzlaF1
17th February 2010, 16:05
Toyota? Lotus? Virgin?

Im not counting Toyota due to them using the ready made facilities in Cologne from their Le Man's program, and Lotus & Virgin both started at the same time as USF1.

anthonyvop
17th February 2010, 18:19
AUTOSPORT's Dieter Rencken reports that with US F1 far behind in building its own planned Formula 1 chassis at its Charlotte shop, team backer Chad Hurley, the founder of YouTube, sent his representatives last week to Dallara's base in Parma, Italy, to investigate the feasibility of purchasing the entire Campos Meta project, reportedly facing a financial crisis, with the aim of utilizing the cars for US F1. The team founded by Peter Windsor and Ken Anderson has as yet signed only one driver – Argentine F1 rookie Jose-Maria Lopez. Campos Meta has signed Bruno Senna, but has appeared to have made little progress beyond that announcement.

http://www.racer.com/us-f1-to-buy-dallara-chassis/article/163914/?DCMP=EMC-RACER_DAILY

gloomyDAY
17th February 2010, 18:22
http://www.racer.com/us-f1-to-buy-dallara-chassis/article/163914/?DCMP=EMC-RACER_DAILYhttp://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID19823/images/bill_o%27reilly_public_option.jpg

Bill O'Reilly is not amused.

Shifter
17th February 2010, 20:05
LOL, I don't know, rumors and reports are inferior this time of year, but a Campos/USF1 mashup DOES make an awful lot of sense. Too bad its probably just conjecture and won't happen.

N. Jones
17th February 2010, 20:41
So, Campos would be bought by Dallara and then merge with USF1. Would they be called Dallara-USF1? DallaraF1? Bankrupt-F1?

This whole episode is sad. I think we can lay the blame on Max Mosley, who insisted on having a standard engine, which everyone dislikes, correct??

stephenw_us
17th February 2010, 21:33
So let say by some miracle US F1 continues, fielding the Dallara car with Pechito and Valles....

Will the rename the team? How would that be "US F1"? :rolleyes:

maximilian
17th February 2010, 22:19
Hurl F1

truefan72
17th February 2010, 22:28
yeah but they were'nt willing to roll over and have their tummy's tickled until they agreed to use Cosworth

precisely!

woody2goody
17th February 2010, 22:51
I hope the FIA are really proud of themselves.

We've got one bankrupt team and one team that barely exists at all, instead of two competent and fully funded teams such as Prodrive and Lola.

I still reckon Campos will be on the grid, but I dread to think what sort of shape they will be in in terms of pace.

As for USF1 I have no idea what's going on there.

The man who I really feel sorry for here is Bruno Senna.

Saint Devote
18th February 2010, 02:57
I hope the FIA are really proud of themselves.

We've got one bankrupt team and one team that barely exists at all, instead of two competent and fully funded teams such as Prodrive and Lola.

I still reckon Campos will be on the grid, but I dread to think what sort of shape they will be in in terms of pace.

As for USF1 I have no idea what's going on there.

The man who I really feel sorry for here is Bruno Senna.

Senna decided against returning to GP2 and then rejected an offer from Haug for DTM.

It removed the Brazilian from the competitive mix and instead he chose to do sportscar racing - Le Mans.

I agree - Pro-drive at least would have definitely arrived and David Richards deserves to be in F1 as much as F1 needs people like him.