PDA

View Full Version : 9 years and a day

Daniel
16th February 2010, 11:59
Just realised that as of today I've been on the forum for a whole 9 years and a day which is more than a third of my life.

In that time I've

Been to Australia and back 2.5 times
Been to Finland twice
Been banned rather a few times :p
Moved to the other side of the world
Lived here in not so sunny North Wales for nearly 4 years
Owned 4 different cars
Been to 8 WRC events, a DTM race, one very rainy RallyDay and a load of other smaller events
Had 3.5 different girlfriends if we could the one that dumped me 9 years ago today.
Seen the world change with Sept 11
Had a few jobs, some good and some souldestroyingly boring/bad
Met quite a few nice forumers and perhaps one or two that I wouldn't wee on if they were on fire :p
Seen the WRC go down the toilet
Seen the motorsport world lose some greats like McRae, Leslie and Burns :(
and just generally had a lot of fun most of the time :D

:wave:

AndyRAC
16th February 2010, 12:24
3.5 girlfriends....??? That's interesting, so getting dumped drove you to join..?? He he.. ;)

Mark
16th February 2010, 12:26
You mention the girlfriends but not the wife? :p

Brown, Jon Brow
16th February 2010, 13:53
Just realised that as of today I've been on the forum for a whole 9 years and a day which means i've wasted more than a third of my life.

:p

Daniel
16th February 2010, 13:59
3.5 girlfriends....??? That's interesting, so getting dumped drove you to join..?? He he.. ;)
It's complicated. Well I actually joined the day before I got dumped so perhaps I knew what was coming!

:p

About right Jon, not all be a waste though :D

Mark
16th February 2010, 15:08
It's complicated. Well I actually joined the day before I got dumped so perhaps I knew what was coming!

Ah, you got dumped because you joined the forum... :p

martinbalmer
16th February 2010, 15:24
.5? Transgender? :p :

Almost 8 years for me but then for the last few I've hardly posted anything...

Mark in Oshawa
16th February 2010, 15:30
9 years? Yikes.....I know I haven't been here quite that long.....but you have a few more trancontinental miles under your belt than I do...

MrJan
16th February 2010, 15:35
Bloody hell 9 years is a long old time. I'm a wee pup in comparison and I can't even comprehend the amount of time I've wasted on here :laugh:

Powered by Cosworth
16th February 2010, 15:42
Christ 7 years here, i'm 18 now so I must have been 11 when I joined, crikey.

Mark
16th February 2010, 15:53
We couldn't tell ;)

Daniel
16th February 2010, 16:05
Ah, you got dumped because you joined the forum... :p
Nah i got dumped because she was a moody mental biznitch!

Mark in Oshawa
16th February 2010, 16:08
Bloody hell 9 years is a long old time. I'm a wee pup in comparison and I can't even comprehend the amount of time I've wasted on here :laugh:

Time wasted...I look at the 10000 plus posts...and wonder if I don't need a more productive hobby!

Daniel
16th February 2010, 16:15
Time wasted...I look at the 10000 plus posts...and wonder if I don't need a more productive hobby!
Nah :) Your contributions on here are most appreciated Mark :)

Mark in Oshawa
16th February 2010, 16:53

I hope so....because I know I annoy a few...lol

Daniel
16th February 2010, 16:55
I hope so....because I know I annoy a few...lol
Well that's life on a forum :) Doesn't bother me!

MrJan
16th February 2010, 16:57

Shame we can't say the same about yours :p : He shoots he scores :D

Daniel
16th February 2010, 16:59
Shame we can't say the same about yours :p : He shoots he scores :D
Low blow!

dunes
16th February 2010, 16:59
Congrats with sticking with something that seems to wiork for you.

I can't remember my stats because I have reentered under a new name and lost my days and numbers. I know it goes back to at least 2004 [with Dunes-Galveston Dunes} and more buttons pushed than I can remember.

Maybe you were looking for something different when the women abandoned you but I've found as I'm sure you have we here will for the majority always be here.

MrJan
16th February 2010, 17:03
Low blow!

:cheese: Couldn't resist it

F1boat
16th February 2010, 17:17
I joined in 2000 and spammed a lot about F1 boats. I returned several years later and I still love the forum.

Sonic
16th February 2010, 17:46
LOL Daniel! I missed my 1 year return anni last week :)

BeansBeansBeans
16th February 2010, 17:46
Nearly six years for me. I used to be a fixture round here but I tend to go through phases of heavy posting interspersed by long spells of not coming on here at all.

Mark in Oshawa
16th February 2010, 17:53
Nearly six years for me. I used to be a fixture round here but I tend to go through phases of heavy posting interspersed by long spells of not coming on here at all.
I had to look...25th Apr 03 was my join date. So I behind a few of you.

I have posted more when home or not working (two breaks in my trucking life put me on here a lot) but it was counterbalanced by being gone for almost a year a few times too....

4.37 posts per day average in spite of it...which says something, and likely not all good..lol

Hondo
16th February 2010, 18:25
3.5 girlfriends? I figured that for one night either 1 of them never got past being bent over the end of the sofa OR never got held by anything but the ears OR you were careless about making love on the railroad tracks again.

raybak
16th February 2010, 21:58
I'm up to just over 8 years now. Been very good times for me :)

Ray

Storm
17th February 2010, 09:02
Daniel, I will be in the 9 year group too in a couple of months :eek:

Daniel
17th February 2010, 09:06
3.5 girlfriends? I figured that for one night either 1 of them never got past being bent over the end of the sofa OR never got held by anything but the ears OR you were careless about making love on the railroad tracks again.
No no, it's far less interesting than that! One was an internet relationship so it's not fair to could it but seems wrong to leave it out :p

GridGirl
17th February 2010, 13:22
I have a big birthday in June and will have been a member of this forum for 10 years in the same day. I can't think which is worse and why I joined this forum on my birthday. :s

MrJan
17th February 2010, 13:36
I joined when I was bored during work experience. I'd been on here under another user name for a bit but never really posted. For some reason set up a different account as Miguel Sanchez and then asked Mark to change my name a few years back.

Caroline
17th February 2010, 16:39
So many hours...

You could have a celebration of a decade, combine it with my birthday next year?

Daniel
17th February 2010, 16:46
So many hours...

You could have a celebration of a decade, combine it with my birthday next year?
Maybe we could combine valentines day and my 10 year forum anniversary?

emporer_k
17th February 2010, 17:57
I can't believe I've been here nearly 7 years now.

Every time I try and escape this place eventually calls me back

Jag_Warrior
20th February 2010, 09:49
At 10 years, Mark sends a gold Rolex to you, right? Right??? RIGHT???!!! :bounce:

That's the rumor I started... I mean, HEARD. So, in a few months, I can expect a gift box from the UK? And it better not be filled with cat poo either! You got me with that at 5 years. I won't be fooled again.

raybak
20th February 2010, 09:51
Gee that Rolex will come in handy, only got 18 months to go until I am eligible for one :)

Ray

Sarah
20th February 2010, 20:40
Will be 9 years for me in a couple of months...