Giuseppe F1
15th February 2010, 22:18
Imagine this will please a few people

Alfa Fan
15th February 2010, 22:20
You could start by providing a source.

Giuseppe F1
15th February 2010, 22:29
Apologies, not able to link from my iPhone but story confirmed over at pitpass.com if someone else is able and willing to post the link please......

Says Fry personally netted £14.9m from the sale of Brawn to Mercedes - nice piece of change, huh? :)

gloomyDAY
15th February 2010, 22:32
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=39949

If this is true, then good!

Nick Fry kept rolling Honda in the wrong direction.
If it wasn't for Brawn last season would have been a disaster.

DazzlaF1
15th February 2010, 22:51
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=39949

If this is true, then good!

Nick Fry kept rolling Honda in the wrong direction.
If it wasn't for Brawn last season would have been a disaster.

ditto

I always felt Honda were destined to go downhill the moment they got rid of David Richards, and how right I was. Just never rated Nick Fry as a team manager at all, maybe yes as a race engineer but apart from that, no.

Wonder who'll replace him in his role, maybe Norbert Haug?

wedge
16th February 2010, 00:30
I always felt Honda were destined to go downhill the moment they got rid of David Richards, and how right I was. Just never rated Nick Fry as a team manager at all, maybe yes as a race engineer but apart from that, no.

Fry previously worked in management and doesn't have an engineering background nor did he study engineering so I have no idea why you think Fry would make a good race engineer :confused:

Saint Devote
16th February 2010, 02:32
If true, I think leaving is a good move. He was part of the remarkable Brawn world championship winning team and leaves with a great chunk of change, not having to be bothered with the corporate bs that will inevitably become part of the team as Mercedes really begins to take management control.

CNR
16th February 2010, 04:09
fry 31%
diamler 45% $75 000,000
Q:did fry walk with $51,000,000

F1boat
16th February 2010, 08:29
I'd wait for confirmation from more reliable source.

Dr. Krogshöj
16th February 2010, 09:20
"Confirmed at pitpass.com" is a contradiction in terms, but I agree such a move would please a lot of people. Not me. Fry should be given more credit for the recent success of the team. It took him two years, but he eventually realised the team was going in the wrong direction under his leadership. He brought in a lot of new people in 2007, including Ross Brawn, what's more, he stepped aside to make room for him at the top. Of all the leaders who are doing a bad job, very few are ready to admit that.

Sonic
16th February 2010, 10:00
"Confirmed at pitpass.com" is a contradiction in terms, but I agree such a move would please a lot of people. Not me. Fry should be given more credit for the recent success of the team. It took him two years, but he eventually realised the team was going in the wrong direction under his leadership. He brought in a lot of new people in 2007, including Ross Brawn, what's more, he stepped aside to make room for him at the top. Of all the leaders who are doing a bad job, very few are ready to admit that.

Agreed. He was instrumental in saving the team and if he leaves then, good for him.

Question is, did he walk or was he pushed?

martinbalmer
16th February 2010, 15:13
That article is coming up 'blank' for me now and is not listed amongst the Pitpass headlines.

milly
16th February 2010, 17:16
Just because he (and others) have stepped down as directors does not mean that they have left the company.

They can still stay in their roles, but without the shareholdings that they held.....

SGWilko
16th February 2010, 17:19
That article is coming up 'blank' for me now and is not listed amongst the Pitpass headlines.

Can we even the believe the date on pitpass????

CNR
16th February 2010, 20:37
all a load of BS and has been withdrawn

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=128381&newlang=&topic=8&catid=0

Mercedes GP spokeswoman said on Tuesday: "I can confirm that Nick Fry remains at the team in the position of chief executive officer

Sonic
16th February 2010, 21:35
all a load of BS and has been withdrawn

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=128381&newlang=&topic=8&catid=0

LOL! :D Don'tcha just love internet journalism!

F1boat
17th February 2010, 06:40
pitpass journalism...

Garry Walker
17th February 2010, 09:58
Looks like Balfe has to eat sh!t, again.
How very amusing.

AndyL
17th February 2010, 10:53
They've updated the story now, it says that Fry (and some other Brawn directors) have resigned from the board to make way for some new directors from Mercedes and Aabar. Fry remains CEO. Rather unusual to have a CEO who is not on the board of directors.

Looks like someone at Pitpass added two and two and got 5!

milly
17th February 2010, 12:05
What this news does mean though is that Nick Fry's a lame duck CEO.

He can represent the company and report to the board, but all the key strategic decisions are being made by board members (Mercedes, Aabar, Ross Brawn).

Bet that he's gone within the year.....with a nice payoff earned from selling Brawn to Mercedes.

Good deal for him.

F1boat
17th February 2010, 13:40
Looks like Balfe has to eat sh!t, again.
How very amusing.

Haha! +1

Dave B
18th February 2010, 08:36
Another nail in the coffin for Pitpass's credibility. They should stick to writing opinion pieces: at least they're funny, even if for all the wrong reasons.

CNR
18th February 2010, 09:04
pitpass (midnight star http://www.themadmusicarchive.com/song_details.aspx?SongID=776)

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=39956

David Richards, chairman of Aston Martin and Prodrive, has revealed that he will not ride to F1's rescue this year to take the slots of either Campos

driveace
18th February 2010, 09:35
As said earlier Fry was to nice for his own good.At least Brawn got the team turned round and got more out of Button.My memory was of Fry always making excuses for Button not finishing ,or how Button was trying his best.
you need to be made of harder stuff in the world of F1

F1boat
18th February 2010, 09:59
I'm not a huge fan of Joe Saward, but this is one good article:
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/02/17/some-people-really-have-it-in-for-nick-fry/

Daniel
9th March 2010, 10:56
Whilst pitpass did obviously get it wrong I fear some people are missing the point here. Nick Fry is no longer on the board of directors.

As Milly says he's a lame duck CEO and all the big decisions will be made by others.

People criticise pitpass but how many other sites actually come out and actually properly criticise Bernie and Max in a direct and honest way? Your autosports and respected bloggers will never come out and say "person/team x has done this or has been accused of this" because they know that as soon as they go nosing around they'll get cutoff from the feed of information.

A lot of the so called opinion pieces these days are just lightweight and merely say what everyone is already thinking or what everyone already knows. Whilst that's better than press release regurgitation, it's still not that great

Do people really just want bland aggregators like the amazingly lame www.rallybuzz.com (http://www.rallybuzz.com) who seemingly post every press release that is sent to them?

Personally I'd rather have original thought and slightly off target journalism any day of the week!

wedge
9th March 2010, 13:09
People criticise pitpass but how many other sites actually come out and actually properly criticise Bernie and Max in a direct and honest way? Your autosports and respected bloggers will never come out and say "person/team x has done this or has been accused of this" because they know that as soon as they go nosing around they'll get cutoff from the feed of information.

Before looking into his rose-tinted specs Nigel Roebuck writes well without turning into Ioan or Henners and let crazy conspiracy theories drag on

Dave B
9th March 2010, 13:30
Swings and roundabouts. Pitpass ironically don't actually have one, they don't travel to GPs and therefore don't have to panic that they'll suddenly find themselves stood outside the paddock with the card reader refusing to acknowledge their pretty but useless passes.

On the other hand that's no excuse for many of their reports ranging from unfounded speculation to outright bull - they seem to be under the impression that if they run enough stories then statistically some of them will be turn out to be true.

Strip away the comment pieces and the verbatim press releases and there's not much actual news on the site.

Daniel
9th March 2010, 13:38
Swings and roundabouts. Pitpass ironically don't actually have one, they don't travel to GPs and therefore don't have to panic that they'll suddenly find themselves stood outside the paddock with the card reader refusing to acknowledge their pretty but useless passes.

On the other hand that's no excuse for many of their reports ranging from unfounded speculation to outright bull - they seem to be under the impression that if they run enough stories then statistically some of them will be turn out to be true.

Strip away the comment pieces and the verbatim press releases and there's not much actual news on the site.
Perhaps true. I'll admit to not reading pitpass every day but tbh it makes a nice change from the majority of content elsewhere which ranges from creepy slightly sexual sycophantism to rallybuzz levels of tedious regurgitated boredom.

Swings and roundabouts though ;)

wedge
9th March 2010, 15:04
Perhaps true. I'll admit to not reading pitpass every day but tbh it makes a nice change from the majority of content elsewhere which ranges from creepy slightly sexual sycophantism to rallybuzz levels of tedious regurgitated boredom.

Swings and roundabouts though ;)

Reading Pitpass is no different to reading forums and posters' intentions for a forum war

Daniel
9th March 2010, 15:06
Reading Pitpass is no different to reading forums and posters' intentions for a forum war
As opposed to just reading a certain person who is so up Jenson that Jenson wouldn't need to go to the doctor for a prostate exam or someone who mindlessly supports one team and says boo to another.

wedge
9th March 2010, 15:38
As opposed to just reading a certain person who is so up Jenson that Jenson wouldn't need to go to the doctor for a prostate exam or someone who mindlessly supports one team and says boo to another.

But you, I and pretty much the majority here are internet nobodies.

The guys who run Pitpass are supposedly journalists. They may write better than we do but their content is no different.

Garry Walker
10th March 2010, 15:06
Whilst pitpass did obviously get it wrong I fear some people are missing the point here. Nick Fry is no longer on the board of directors.

As Milly says he's a lame duck CEO and all the big decisions will be made by others.

A lot of the so called opinion pieces these days are just lightweight and merely say what everyone is already thinking or what everyone already knows. Whilst that's better than press release regurgitation, it's still not that great

Do people really just want bland aggregators like the amazingly lame www.rallybuzz.com (http://www.rallybuzz.com) who seemingly post every press release that is sent to them?

Personally I'd rather have original thought and slightly off target journalism any day of the week!

I have nothing against Pitpass on the whole, I just find mr.balfe repulsive for reasons I am not really interested in going into.
You are absolutely right about autosport (and other leading mags and sites) having no balls.

Daniel
10th March 2010, 15:07
I have nothing against Pitpass on the whole, I just find mr.balfe repulsive for reasons I am not really interested in going into.
You are absolutely right about autosport (and other leading mags and sites) having no balls.
Fair comment I guess.

I just have little tolerance for the gutless journalism we so often see these days.

truefan72
10th March 2010, 15:50

:up: