PDA

View Full Version : Danica's Busy Schedule

DanicaFan
15th February 2010, 20:36
Danica's busy schedule coming up includes quite a few appearances. Here is a list of some..

Feb. 16

• Taping of the syndicated "The Ellen Degeneres Show" for airing Feb. 17.

Feb. 17

• On live with "Good Day LA" on KTTV FOX 11 (7-10 a.m.).
• Taping of the syndicated "The Bonnie Hunt Show" for airing Feb. 19. .
• Taping of segments with the "CBS Evening News" and CNN for future air dates.
• Taping of the syndicated "On- Air with Ryan Seacrest" radio show for airing Feb. 18.
• Taping of "Chelsea Lately" for air Feb. 23 on E!

Feb. 18
• Guest on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on ABC (show airs 12:05 a.m. ET Feb. 19).

Make sure to set your DVR's. ;)

garyshell
15th February 2010, 21:50

I will, to ANYTHING else.

Gary

Scotty G.
15th February 2010, 21:53
She has a hell of an agent.

Her story isn't very interesting anymore and she has never been a good interview.

Maybe instead of doing the "celebrity" thing, she ought to worry more about wheeling that 3500 stock car into turn 1 at Fontana and figureing how to turn it, without crashing.

That is what real race drivers do.

SoCalPVguy
15th February 2010, 21:54
Danica's busy schedule coming up includes quite a few appearances. Here is a list of some..

Feb. 16

Feb. 17

• Taping of the syndicated "On- Air with Ryan Seacrest" radio show for airing Feb. 18.

Feb. 18

And... it's ALL to promote Nascar, nuts to that !

Scotty G.
15th February 2010, 22:02
And... it's ALL to promote Nascar, nuts to that !

No, its to promote Danica. ;)

Easy Drifter
15th February 2010, 22:18
Tell somebody who cares!

Lee Roy
15th February 2010, 22:22

Feb. 16

Feb. 17

Feb. 18

This NASCAR thing seems to be working out for her.

Dr. Krogshφj
15th February 2010, 22:33
The Jimmy Kimmel bit ought to be funny. It is also sure to promote IndyCar

harvick#1
15th February 2010, 23:08
Tell somebody who cares!

+1

its getting quite annoying

SarahFan
15th February 2010, 23:45
Yawn

TURN3
16th February 2010, 00:11
+1

its getting quite annoying

+2

4 years past annoying.

NickFalzone
16th February 2010, 00:32
I do feel sometimes like I'm in an alternate universe, or in a perpetual groundhog day, where Danica's cliched old story gets trotted out every week by the same old media who treat it as something new and exciting. Yeah, she's a cute girl doing car racing, yeah we've heard it endlessly for the last 5 years. Enough already.

Lee Roy
16th February 2010, 00:40
Oh, this is too funny.

I remember when Patrick was looking like she would become a CART driver. I remember saying to a CART fan that she had never won a race before. He came back with a long dissertation on how good she was because she had finished second in a Formula Ford race in Great Britain one time.

Then she went to the IRL and the CART fans panned her as a nobody and the IRL fans considered her as the great savior of open wheel racing in America. A NEW DAY HAD DAWNED.

Now she's dabbling in NASCAR and the IRL fans have panned her just like the CART fans did a few short years ago.

Too effin' funny.

Alfa Fan
16th February 2010, 00:43
Lee you haven't been paying attention. IRL fans have been cynical of Danica since 2004/5.

stephenw_us
16th February 2010, 00:49
All that matters is the future Danica/Anna Kournikova godaddy shower scene commercial - everything else is just waiting...

Lee Roy
16th February 2010, 00:57
Lee you haven't been paying attention. IRL fans have been cynical of Danica since 2004/5.

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiight.

harvick#1
16th February 2010, 01:11
All that matters is the future Danica/Anna Kournikova godaddy shower scene commercial - everything else is just waiting...

Danica isnt all that great looking, make-up can make anyone woman look better.

now Anna on the other hand :facelick:

TURN3
16th February 2010, 02:04
Yeah, riiiiiiiiiight.

Seriously Lee or Roy, or whichever of those is your first name...he's more than right. There aren't many serious race fans that don't know what a sham she is. Before you start casting your synical attitude toward it, spend a few hours going back through the forumns over the past 2 or 3 years. It has nothing to do with what series she's in, she's been a failure in all of them. The same thing is going to happen for her in NASCAR, all this media, all these swarms of fans, when she's running mid to back pack in top equipment week after week it'll all fade. History will repeat itself, it always does. Big diff is that the fall from NASCAR grace will be more swift and a much harder impact...as in game set match.

Ironcurtainantihero
16th February 2010, 02:38

Feb. 16

Feb. 17

Feb. 18

To borrow a line from Travis Tritt: "Heres's a Quarter, Call Someone Who Cares." :) :p

Ironcurtainantihero
16th February 2010, 02:46
Seriously Lee or Roy, or whichever of those is your first name...he's more than right. There aren't many serious race fans that don't know what a sham she is. Before you start casting your synical attitude toward it, spend a few hours going back through the forumns over the past 2 or 3 years. It has nothing to do with what series she's in, she's been a failure in all of them. The same thing is going to happen for her in NASCAR, all this media, all these swarms of fans, when she's running mid to back pack in top equipment week after week it'll all fade. History will repeat itself, it always does. Big diff is that the fall from NASCAR grace will be more swift and a much harder impact...as in game set match.

Sadly, TURN3, I don't know if that will happen, at least not quickly. It seems that she has an incredible PR department that clearly is effective at spreading The Big Lie that she is a great racecar driver and I doubt the media has the intelligence necessary for critical thinking. I don't doubt that she will be exposed as a low talent, overhyped never-was but I don't see that happening until after she's retired. :( :mad: :rolleyes:

NickFalzone
16th February 2010, 03:22

2004/5 the hardcore IRL fans saw a flicker of talent in Danica, and rightfully so after a good run at Indy. Within a year of that, the candle was burning less brightly, and by 2007 she was nothing more than an overly hyped mid-packer on the grid. Short of DanicaFan, there's no forumer on any major IRL board that I have seen adamantly defend her results since then. Vast majority of IRL fans were not only cynical of her, but they were completely annoyed at how the tv broadcasts were dominated by this average driver. If you seriously think the hardcore fans have been cheering her on much since the 2006 season, you don't know much about the IRL fanbase. And I can guarantee you there is NO jealousy coming from these boards of her going to NASCAR.

SoCalPVguy
16th February 2010, 06:39
No, its to promote Danica. ;)

Well, nuts to that, too !

Easy Drifter
16th February 2010, 07:34
Chad: We all know you are a super Danica fan.
But the rest of us are not. We do not care what she does off track.
A lot of posters are fans of one driver or another but we do not post about them all the time.
For our sakes, and yours, please knock off the constant posting about her daily life.
Post info about racing. You do know quite a bit but the Danica fixation is just cheesing the rest of us off.
OK?

Dr. Krogshφj
16th February 2010, 09:12
With all the people who don't care, it's became a two-page thread overnight. I am not a fan, but I personally find Danica-bashing more pathetic than the Danica-fest.

Lousada
16th February 2010, 13:43
Her ARCA race scored a 2.3 rating on SPEED, doubled from last year. So even though the forum population does not like her, some people out there do.

TURN3
16th February 2010, 14:24
Her ARCA race scored a 2.3 rating on SPEED, doubled from last year. So even though the forum population does not like her, some people out there do.

Not exactly true...a TON of people are tuning in to watch her fail, myself included. Having said that, it is still a ratings boost. Obviously she isn't that big of a deal or Indycar wouldn't have such small ratings. Those ratings won't rise or climb regardless if she is there or not.

beachbum
16th February 2010, 19:17
Her ARCA race scored a 2.3 rating on SPEED, doubled from last year. So even though the forum population does not like her, some people out there do.Are people watching because they like her or for some other reason? A train wreck gets a lot more attention that the train running on time. Will she succeed, or will she fail? Will she take off her clothes again, or will we only see her in a drivers uniform? Is she the "real deal" or is the media making much ado about nothing?

Danica is a story, but what kind of story? The story can have many endings and only a couple are positive.

harvick#1
16th February 2010, 22:46
With all the people who don't care, it's became a two-page thread overnight. I am not a fan, but I personally find Danica-bashing more pathetic than the Danica-fest.

read what Easy Drifter posted before you and you'll understand why we are annoyed. I personally don't care if he post about Danica.

Starter, or any other Moderator can you please, make a thread devoted only to Danica so DF doesn't have to post a new thread every time shes gonna be on TV :rolleyes:

Mark in Oshawa
16th February 2010, 23:03
Danica....she just isn't messing up one forum, she is messing up TWO...lol