PDA

View Full Version : possible funtime

dunes
13th February 2010, 17:45
We use to have a NASCAR Triva thread.
Sometimes answersd and participation was slow and went on for days without question or answers.
I would like to propose a "weekly" triva question where the completly correct answer would post the next question on the thursday before the weekend events. I think it could branch off into three catagories one question for each major weekend racing event;example no truck race this weekend no truck race question, or not either way.
Anywho; would anyone be interested in this or has it becopmne passe and outdated? your comments please. I would not be able to oversee this because of restraints on my job, however in the past we seemed to get along ok, without too much intervention.

Muggles could you help explain the simple rules and funtions of this prospect as you and Stan seem to be the best knowledgable people I know on the past trivia thread.

dunes
14th February 2010, 23:02
find Denny Hamlins twitter page and try to win tickets for each race. Yesterday he gave away 4 ticketsd for todays race.
As to interest into this trivia becoming a deal I guess its a NO go. 50 views no interest.

Lee Roy
15th February 2010, 01:41
On the broadcast today, they mentioned that 6 drivers had won their first "Sprint Cup" race (or whatever you want to call it) in the Daytona 500. Can anyone name them all? I'll take a chance. It's a chance since I lost the link to the Racing Reference website.

Tiny Lund
Mario Andretti
Peter Goodwill Hamiton
Derrick Cope
Sterling Marlin
Ward Burton (this is the one I'm not sure about.)

MD24
15th February 2010, 01:48
It's a chance since I lost the link to the Racing Reference website.

http://www.racing-reference.info/

Lee Roy
15th February 2010, 02:12
http://www.racing-reference.info/

Thanks

harvick#1
15th February 2010, 02:16
On the broadcast today, they mentioned that 6 drivers had won their first "Sprint Cup" race (or whatever you want to call it) in the Daytona 500. Can anyone name them all? I'll take a chance. It's a chance since I lost the link to the Racing Reference website.

Tiny Lund
Mario Andretti
Peter Goodwill Hamiton
Derrick Cope
Sterling Marlin
Ward Burton (this is the one I'm not sure about.)

Ward is not one, I thought he won at Rockingham in like 1995 or 96

slorydn1
15th February 2010, 02:50
Sterling Marlin
Michael Waltrip (we are going by "points races" right?
Tiny Lund
Mario Andretti
Pete Hamilton
Derrick Cope

Lee Roy
15th February 2010, 18:11
Sterling Marlin
Michael Waltrip (we are going by "points races" right?
Tiny Lund
Mario Andretti
Pete Hamilton
Derrick Cope

Ah yes, that's it, Waltrip. How could I forget????