PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: SNOW!!!!!!!!

slorydn1
13th February 2010, 07:01
For most of you that's not a big deal. But for those of us here in Eastern North Carolina, thats HUGE!!! I haven't seen this much snow on the ground since December 18, 1990, the day I left Schaumburg IL for the last time.
We've had a couple of dustings around here in the last 20 years, and a significant snow event back in 1999 and 2001 (and even a little last year on inauguration day) but not THIS much!!!

I can't wait to go out tomorrow and chuck a couple of snowballs at Slo Jr, but I'm gonna have to get it in before Happy Hour starts at 10:30 :rotflmao:
:beer:

71Fan
13th February 2010, 08:03
Just be ready to fend for yourself. Alternate heat, power, and pack in the food. Charge any battery you can find, and remember that you can always steal the battery our of your car for temp lighting if need be.

good luck, stay warm, and enjoy.

harvick#1
13th February 2010, 11:06
I saw on the ticker on I think CNN, that 49 of the 50 states yesterday (Hawaii was the only one) that had snow in their respected state

Sparky1329
13th February 2010, 15:17
We only got about 5 inches of snow last Saturday but we made up for it Tuesday night into Wednesday. The neighbor took a measurement on Wednesday afternoon and his yardstick said 27 inches.

Since we typically get a lot of snow we're prepared for it. Our generator can run all the essential stuff like heat, water and food storage so we take it all in stride.

dunes
13th February 2010, 16:06
Central florida even a dusting this morning. We've alrerady lost this years crop of oranges. Were not a big producer or anything but we suply all our friends and relitives.Up in mich where we are use to this we finally got 10 inches last tues night. wow it feels like the worlds axis is tilting.

DanicaFan
13th February 2010, 16:19
This has been a terrible winter. Dallas has had 12 inches of snow, that is unheard of!

I am so ready for summer, bring out the shorts and flip flops. :)

Lee Roy
13th February 2010, 16:21
In the DC area to date, we've had 4 times the average snowfall for a year.

dunes
13th February 2010, 16:31
This has been a terrible winter. Dallas has had 12 inches of snow, that is unheard of!

12 inches is alot to be sure but didn't dallas get snow a couple of years ago as well?
As for the shorts we shovel in shorts here in michigan we even swim in some ponds and smaller lakes. Its a true pasttime adventure. Yes theres always lots of drambui and beer on hand as well.

Easy Drifter
13th February 2010, 17:30
We have less snow than normal.
That said I haven't seen bare ground since late Nov.
Main roads are clear but in my complex no pavement since early Dec.
I would go for a swim but would have to chop a hole in the ice on Georgian Bay. :eek:

71Fan
13th February 2010, 22:03
58 and narry a cloud in the sky out here the great southwestern desert

Sparky1329
14th February 2010, 06:44

A-fricken-men on the shorts and flip flops!

beachgirl
14th February 2010, 14:38
58 and narry a cloud in the sky out here the great southwestern desert

I'll send you some snow, if you want! We have more than enough to pass around.

harvick#1
14th February 2010, 16:52
A-fricken-men on the shorts and flip flops!

ugh, hot days suck, but thats the work-side of me talkin, welding is no fun in 90 degree weather

Easy Drifter
15th February 2010, 02:36
Good thing everybody is headed west and not for Richmond!
Forecast for here:
Mon. snow
Tues. snow
Wed. flurries
Thurs. snow
Fri. snow
Sat. snow

I may be forced to wear shoes.
I have been in thongs for a week.
Easier on my battered feet.

Lee Roy
15th February 2010, 02:41
Good thing everybody is headed west and not for Richmond!

Bingo. I can remember sitting in the stands in Richmond for qualifying while it was snowing. GOOD LORD, I ALMOST FROZE!!!!

tstran17_88
16th February 2010, 01:31
For most of you that's not a big deal. But for those of us here in Eastern North Carolina, thats HUGE!!! I haven't seen this much snow on the ground since December 18, 1990, the day I left Schaumburg IL for the last time.As long as you stocked up on bread and milk before all the stores ran out...you should be fine! :p :

tstran17_88
16th February 2010, 01:34
Bingo. I can remember sitting in the stands in Richmond for qualifying while it was snowing. GOOD LORD, I ALMOST FROZE!!!!I was at the Bristol Busch race where the pit crews were building snowmen!

harvick#1
16th February 2010, 01:39
I was at the Bristol Busch race where the pit crews were building snowmen!

that was a classic day, the fans and drivers were throwing snowballs at each other :laugh: