PDA

View Full Version : The truth about James Winslow

anon123
7th December 2006, 21:58
Am a little confused why magazines like Autosport and Motoring News are making such a big deal out of James Winslow. So he saved a guys life.....or did he? If James hadn't have crashed at the same time as the guy he saved....would he have pulled over stopped his car and pulled the guy out...or would he have carried on driving. He just did what any other person would do in the same situation.

It seems that he must have a good PR man as his driving has been nothing special, so he won some small time F3 Championship - I have yet to see him shine in anything else. I've done some digging and it seems the CV on his website is made up !! He hasn't won half the things he claims....and to top it all he is claiming he is 25....err....try more like 30. If he hasn't made it by now he ain't going to make it. :confused:

tintin
7th December 2006, 22:39
Am a little confused why magazines like Autosport and Motoring News are making such a big deal out of James Winslow. So he saved a guys life.....or did he? If James hadn't have crashed at the same time as the guy he saved....would he have pulled over stopped his car and pulled the guy out...or would he have carried on driving. He just did what any other person would do in the same situation.

If he hadn't crashed, and had kept on going, he would have been on the other side of the circuit at that point, so not in a position to see what was happening in that gravel trap, so it's a bit of a moot point.

While there was an element of "right place right time" about what he did, it was still exceptionally brave. I don't know if you have seen the TV coverage, but the marshals weren't exactly rushing to help, and without James' intervention Moreno wouldn't be with us today.

It seems that he must have a good PR man as his driving has been nothing special,

Ah, so you're jealous.

anon123
7th December 2006, 22:54
Good for him - perhaps he should save more lives as his driving does little to attract media attention. Plus I have no need to be jealous, I'm not 30 years old pretending to be 24 / 25 in order to get drives, or making up titles or results for myself.

Perhaps he should be more careful - all this publicity and those skeltons just might start climbing out the wardrobe

Sleeper
7th December 2006, 23:14
Jeez, he saves Moreno's life and all you can do is have a go at him. :rolleyes:

sonic_roadhog
7th December 2006, 23:17
I can tell you from 1st hand experience that wellslow is a very tallented driver.

Perhaps there was some ellement of "spin" to his latest heroics, but the guy has no family wealth to fund him, and no silver spoon from a F1 team a la lewis, and a little bit of extra publicity won't do his chances of getting more sponsors any harm - so good on him. Lets face it, the only reason he's running in a second rate series is that he can't afford to run in Europe - like so many other British tallent; Ben Clucas for one. I've had a look at his bio on his web site and whilst there seems be some degree of massaging the result they are technically correct (or at least as best as I can remember them). For example the site claims his best result in Ford Zetec '99 to be 1st - he acctually raced in the first division (year old cars and older) but did post a 1st place in a 3 year old car run as a 5th car by a poorly run team.

So I for one am glad he might get his chance in continuing his career and I wish him all the luck in the world.

anon123
7th December 2006, 23:21
Honestly not having a go - but I've been racing for years and seen plenty of accidents and other people that have done similar things and they don't get recognition.

It annoys me then that someone who is obviously of a dubious character gets all the glory

anon123
7th December 2006, 23:25
He may not have family money - but I heard that he had various benefactors that took out loans on his behalf on the understanding that he paid them back, then he just stopped paying them and left them to pick up the pieces. Nice way to reward people who got him to where he is

BeansBeansBeans
8th December 2006, 13:52
Good for him - perhaps he should save more lives as his driving does little to attract media attention. Plus I have no need to be jealous, I'm not 30 years old pretending to be 24 / 25 in order to get drives, or making up titles or results for myself.

Drivers lying about their age is nothing new. Gilles Villeneuve famously substracted a couple of candles from his cake.

Mikeall
21st December 2006, 04:39
This page is actually the 5th search result on google if you search for James Winslow...

sukabumi
8th August 2007, 02:35
Is Moreno is the younger brother of Indonesian racer Ananda Mikola?

They both raced for A1 Indonesia last season

leopard
8th August 2007, 05:31

I found this thread coincidently and would suggest you to start different thread in appropriate sub forum if it has no relation to this topic as it may disturb the traffic.

They haven't yet announced official line-up, Zahir Ali and Iyo are rumored to be another option besides duo Mikola-Moreno, although the old formation seems to remain at the team next season.

cheers

tintin
8th August 2007, 09:03

Yes, Moreno is Ananda's brother.

leopard
8th August 2007, 09:08
Yes, Moreno is Ananda's brother.
really? I didn't see anything similar from the two of them ;)