PDA

View Full Version : Radio 1 Big Weekend in Preston

Brown, Jon Brow
26th February 2007, 22:40
In May I believe.

Hopefully some decent bands will make it worth going :up:

stevie_gerrard
26th February 2007, 23:00
hmm, i might just go this year :up: i have a friend studying at Preston university so might be cool to go see her.

Dave B
27th February 2007, 13:28
Is it called a Big Weekend because that cretinous oaf Moyles will be there? :s

BDunnell
27th February 2007, 14:36
Is it called a Big Weekend because that cretinous oaf Moyles will be there? :s

How dare you. Don't you realise that he, along with Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, represents the finest both of the BBC and modern British comedy?

Dave B
27th February 2007, 15:06
I'm sorry. Along with Graham Norton's new talent show, they make the licence fee worth every penny.

BDunnell
27th February 2007, 15:27
I'm so glad you agree. With Andrew Neil's This Week at the forefront of political humour, times are indeed bright.

stevie_gerrard
27th February 2007, 21:53
I'm so glad you agree. With Andrew Neil's This Week at the forefront of political humour, times are indeed bright.

I have to say, that programme does make me want to be in politics :p :

BDunnell
28th February 2007, 09:19
I have to say, that programme does make me want to be in politics :p :

"Evening all!"

AndySpeed
28th February 2007, 12:32
This sounds like a possibility for me, so long as I can get from Lancaster Uni to Preston with ease, something I've not yet tried.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th February 2007, 13:56
This sounds like a possibility for me, so long as I can get from Lancaster Uni to Preston with ease, something I've not yet tried.

Just jump onto the stagecoach 40/41 ;) I think they are every half hour.

If you're driving then it's straight down the A6 through Broughton. I think that the Festival will take place in Moor Park, which is in the north end near the Footie ground.

Iain
28th February 2007, 14:06
Assuming you are able to get tickets that is. :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
28th February 2007, 14:11
Assuming you are able to get tickets that is. :p :

It's free isn't it?? :p

Or are tickets still allocated? :\

Iain
28th February 2007, 14:28
Allocated as far as I know. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/tickets/

lilmelvschilton
4th March 2007, 20:38
what bands are going to be playing there?

AndySpeed
9th May 2007, 23:35
I have got tickets for the Sunday, not the best of days, but as a mate lives in Preston me and a load of uni mates are going to spend the weekend there, as other people I know got Saturday tickets

I can't wait :D Had a certain someone I wanted to give my second ticket to but she got tickets for the same day anyway so now I have a few people queueing up :laugh:

Brown, Jon Brow
10th May 2007, 09:48
I didn't get tickets, but I'll see any of the bands I want to see at Leeds Festival :D :p

Storm
10th May 2007, 11:03
What bands are playing there ?

AndySpeed
10th May 2007, 11:44
Saturday:
Scissors Sisters, Razorlight, Kasabian, The Fratellis, The Fray, Natasha Beddingfield, The Twang, Jamie T, Groove Armada, Gossip, LCD Soundsystem, CSS, Biffy Clyro, Cold War Kids, The Pigeon Detectives, Westwood, Seamus Haji, Meck, Freemasons

Sunday:
Kaiser Chiefs, Stereophonics, The View, Mika, Rhianna, Mark Ronson, Just Jack, Calvin Harris, Bloc Party, Maximo Park, Klaxons, Dizzee Rascall, M.I.A, Get Cape Wear Cape Fly, The Enemy, Pete Tong, David Guetta

Brown, Jon Brow
19th May 2007, 23:11
I seen some of this on BBCi and I'm not too upset I didn't get tickets. There are too many dull bands like The Fray and Fratellis around for my liking. :(

Speedworx
19th May 2007, 23:15
Bring back the Radio 1 roadshows!!!!!!

Bezza
20th May 2007, 19:40
I got tickets and it was AWESOME! Thank you very much. Great bands, great music, great city.

Jamie T and The Fray were poor, the rest AWESOME. Especially Kasabian. :up:

And then the aftershow party at 53 degrees with Judge Jules et al, bloody amazing. Thank you all.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2007, 20:06
I got tickets and it was AWESOME! Thank you very much. Great bands, great music, great city.

Jamie T and The Fray were poor, the rest AWESOME. Especially Kasabian. :up:

And then the aftershow party at 53 degrees with Judge Jules et al, bloody amazing. Thank you all.

Kasabien are well known for being a good live band.

Bezza
20th May 2007, 20:14
Thanks for that. I was there, son.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2007, 20:20
Did you see Razorlight? Would you recommend seeing them at Leeds Festival? It's between them and Ash.

lilmelvschilton
20th May 2007, 21:40
how did the show go ?

Bezza
20th May 2007, 22:33
Razorlight were OK, seen them before in Blackpool (cough *scum* cough).

I watched the Gossip whilst Razorlight were on but caught the end. Apparently they were good but lead singer played up to his reputation as a miserable arrogant prat. So don't really know!

stevie_gerrard
21st May 2007, 00:35
hey, johnny borrell is dating kirsten dunst, theres gotta be something good about him to get away with that :p :

ive seen a small bit of this, but i wasnt impressed so turned off. Although if anyone went on Sunday, can you tell me if the view are any good, cause im considering seeing them live?

AndySpeed
21st May 2007, 11:57
The View were pretty amazing yesterday, but the best for me were Maximo Park and Bloc Party at the end.

Also thought that the outdoor DJ stage was pretty good and made for good background music while queueing at the beer tent.

All in all had a good (and fairly cheap, save for the 3.50 crepe) weekend :D

lilmelvschilton
21st May 2007, 15:54
awwwww cool lol wish i where there