PDA

View Full Version : WoooooooHoooooooo

MrJan
9th February 2010, 18:25
After 2 years of studying in my own time, several nerve jangling examinations and 4 months of waiting for results I have just had a look in my junk e-mail folder to discover that I may now include the letters PGDipSurveying after my name (even though that more than doubles my full name). I'm abso-f***ing-lutely delighted, mainly because I've been convinced over the last 2 months that I failed my exams and was destined for retakes.

:bounce: WooooWoooooo

Mark in Oshawa
9th February 2010, 18:27
What the heck is PGDipSurveying? Congrats, don't get me wrong...lol...but I am confused on what this allows you to do?

GridGirl
9th February 2010, 18:47
Congratulations. :D Four months waiting for results is a long time. I thought the 6 weeks for the results of my professional exams was a long time. :s

Are you now going to update your work email signiture? :p

schmenke
9th February 2010, 18:52
What the heck is PGDipSurveying? Congrats, don't get me wrong...lol...but I am confused on what this allows you to do?

It allows him to wander about, probing the countryside with a large measuring stick. In other words, he's a dipstick.

:uhoh: Sorry Miguel, I couldn't refuse :D

Hondo
9th February 2010, 19:03
He's a surveyor? Hasn't all the land over there already been surveyed and divvied up at least once? Seems like if you guys had done it right to start with, you wouldn't have to keep doing it.

Easy Drifter
9th February 2010, 19:33
Heck our Highway Dept. seems to be out surveying the same area of highway every year or so. I guess they want to see if it has moved.

Donney
9th February 2010, 20:26
Congratulations and good luck!

MrJan
9th February 2010, 20:29
Different type of surveyor, I'm a quantity surveyor so deal with finance and subcontractors on building contracts :) The qualification doesn't really mean much besides being able to command a slightly higher wage and make me more attractive to prospective employers. The most important part of it is that it counts towards becoming a Chartered Surveyor which is where the proper money is :D

Oh and 4 months is only the time since my exams, I didn't actually submit my last piece of work until the week before Christmas.

And yes my e-mail signature will be updated :D :D It's the only place I'll get to use the title so may as well show it off

J4MIE
10th February 2010, 00:25
Well done :up:

CarlMetro
10th February 2010, 09:49

It allows him to put a rediculously long tittle after his name :p

Seriously though, congrats on the new qualification Jan :up:

Hazell B
13th February 2010, 18:22
.... a Chartered Surveyor which is where the proper money is :D

'Tis indeed.
I had a sit down with a young CS the other week and mentioned I should have married one of his lot years ago .... but you'll do :p :
Good luck getting all the way there and congrats getting this far :up: