PDA

View Full Version : What about the rest of the S2000 projects ?

Sulland
9th February 2010, 16:51
As of today we have 3, maybe 4 S2000 projects that are still moving, that being: Fiesta, Fabia, 207 and maybe Proton.

What about the rest, as Abarth, Auris, MG, Polo, Corsa, are any of those ever going to be kick started again, or can we forget them ?

Or are all waiting for the future decisions of FIA ?

noel157
10th February 2010, 00:18
Irish driver Gareth McHale said last month he would do some IRC events in the Corsa. Reports suggest that his father Austin McHale has some financial in the project. Personally I think if there is no proper development programme with the car, especially the power unit, it'll be no better than a national type rally car.
Of course MSD could be working on another engine but I doubt it (assuming regulations will soon be determined). Has GM got a suitable 1.6T engine?

Mirek
10th February 2010, 00:29
Yes, they have. Opel already produce 1.6 petrol turbo engine with 180 Hp in stock version.

By the way MG S2000 from BGM had a test 8th January. Hopefully the car will be used in the season.

noel157
10th February 2010, 00:40
Thanks Mirek. Who are BGM?

Mirek
10th February 2010, 00:42
Bill Gwynne Motorsport

noel157
10th February 2010, 01:18
Of course! Wasn't thinking.

Grant_RSA
17th February 2010, 14:10
Auris still being built in SA , as far as i know new Polo is being built as well.

Sulland
20th February 2010, 13:12
Auris still being built in SA , as far as i know new Polo is being built as well.

Was that the Auris that has been world wide homologated ?

alleskids
20th February 2010, 13:58
Official Ford team returns to South Africa rally championship after more than a decade - most recently in this country to compete, with only the factory teams VW and Toyota. Basil Read / bizhub Ford Fiesta S2000 team issue for the crew Charl Wilken / Greg Godrich. Rumor has it that the Fiesta to Sasol SA Rally Championship is also working to Conrad Rautenbach.

Wilken, former kartingowiec and racing driver, has 13 achievements in the championship titles. In the last two seasons, reached the primacy of the N-ce. Since 2004, the crew created with Greg Godrich. Project support Basil Read Group, Konica Minolta, Ford Dealers and Ford Credit.

Ford produces cars in South Africa since 1952. Ford's racing achievements in the country includes 54 victories, five titles in the category of drivers and pilots and two championship brands. Season in South Africa, consisting of 8 rounds, begins Total Tour Natal Rally (6-7 March).
http://rajdy.autoklub.pl/news/jedna-fiesta-czy-dwie,28364

Mitch555
20th February 2010, 22:42
Was that the Auris that has been world wide homologated ?

No that was the Australian version which got homologated I think, and ran at Rally Australia. Built by Neal Bates Motorsport and was sponsored by TRD Australia until 2009. So I guess that project is on the rocks... Toyota Japan should really think about reentering rally again.

Proton are about to become really active in both APRC and IRC, so they have stuff happening, though the projects of Opel, MG, Volkswagen are going really slow... Is it actually BGM who are building the cars or someone else?

bf1_IRL
21st February 2010, 01:10
The SA Toyota has worlwide homologation, the Aus car has Asia-Pacific homologation only.. would like to see a comparision test of the two..

Grant_RSA
22nd February 2010, 14:15
yes, the SA built cars have the worldwide homologation,

5 Set to run in this years championships,

From what i hear we should have 3 New Polo's soon, not sure if they will make their debut on the first event on 6 and & March, but will sure to be there for the rest of the season.

18 S2000's Running in South Africa this season.

Sulland
23rd February 2010, 09:21
The SA Toyota has worlwide homologation, the Aus car has Asia-Pacific homologation only.. would like to see a comparision test of the two..

Where are the differences between them ?