PDA

View Full Version : Hands up for singles on Feb 14th

Lalo
9th February 2010, 00:29
Hey there,

Just wondering... In these days of big sellings and lots-of-hearts-advertisements, who is gonna spend Feb 14th with friends rather than a girlfriend?

Brown, Jon Brow
9th February 2010, 00:59
I've got a worse scenario than being on my own on Valentines Day. I've just started seeing someone in the last week, so I don't know how to approach it. All the usual Valentines merchandise says 'love' on it. Dangerous word.

J4MIE
9th February 2010, 01:04
I will be with friends for sure :D

Lalo
9th February 2010, 02:03
I will be with friends for sure :D

That's the way :D

Brown: what about giving her ONE flower (not a bunch of) and ask her out to a walk on a park?

Hondo
9th February 2010, 04:47
I've got a worse scenario than being on my own on Valentines Day. I've just started seeing someone in the last week, so I don't know how to approach it. All the usual Valentines merchandise says 'love' on it. Dangerous word.

Give her (I'm assuming it's a she, and human) the usual Valentines stuff. Don't worry about what's written on it, she won't. It's not Valentines day yet and she may still be able to dredge up a better offer than you. If the "I Love you" becomes an issue later on, tell her you lied and she might as well get used to it. Nothing hard about that.

leopard
9th February 2010, 06:15
The first time I celebrated it with classmates when we were at 10th grade high school. It's funny, still can't find out some of them whereabouts today, especially two girls who have organized the event and cared overall about the meaning of friendship...

Just like new year's eve, personally I'd go for friends. If you are single there is no choice other than celebrate it with friends, if you are in relationship you would better ask her/him first :D

gloomyDAY
9th February 2010, 07:41
Girlfriend or not, I'm still getting laid.

Being single right before Valentine's Day is the best! All these disillusioned women are going to be walking around feeling like crap for being single. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

I've got a worse scenario than being on my own on Valentines Day. I've just started seeing someone in the last week, so I don't know how to approach it. All the usual Valentines merchandise says 'love' on it. Dangerous word.I usually don't buy gifts for women. I usually spend the money on some kind of outing. For example, since it's winter I usually take girls out for snowboarding lessons at the local mountains. I have a spare board, so I just pay for gas and they pay for their admission.

Flirt, have fun, and bring her ass home.

GridGirl
9th February 2010, 08:51
Jon, just get her something fun or with a joke on. There is plenty of thing you can get that don't say that you the one and life isn't worth living if we're not together. :p

My other half is abandoning me to go to Edinburgh to see a fellow best man to write their speach for a wedding in 2 months. The other best man is a teacher and it's the only time he's got free before the wedding. I'm not bothered because the other best man is gay and the thought of a romantic meal for three can't help but make me smile. :D

Mark
9th February 2010, 09:14
Jon, just get her something fun or with a joke on. There is plenty of thing you can get that don't say that you the one and life isn't worth living if we're not together. :p

There's plenty for "Someone special", sod all for fiancee tho!

Daniel
9th February 2010, 09:33
Wine her dine her.... *grins*

CarlMetro
9th February 2010, 09:41
You don't need a naff card, over-priced flowers that will die within a week, stuffed toys, chocolates or anything else to say to someone that you love them, say it yourself. I do that everyday to my wife in person and it mean a darn sight more than any card.

So, in aqnswer to the orinial point, I'll spend it with the wife but we don't celebrate it, it's just another day is all.

AndyRAC
9th February 2010, 09:57
Never bother, and never have. I'll stick to minding my own business....
Saying that, Sunday is the Riponian Rally, so I'll be there.

555-04Q2
9th February 2010, 10:24
I've never understood VD. Its just another day whether you are single or married. You are supposed to love the one you have everyday, not just one day a year.

Daniel
9th February 2010, 10:25
I've never understood VD.

:rotflmao:

555-04Q2
9th February 2010, 10:27
Glad you enjoyed that :)

martinbalmer
9th February 2010, 10:30
There's plenty for "Someone special", sod all for fiancee tho!

It is funny you should say that. Generally I found you're spoilt for choice for girlfriend. If, however, you propose to her then you've had it with less choice. Until you actually get married where there is more choice again.

I'm moving Valentines day to February 13th this year because it is more convenient for us both and it is her lucky number. :p :

V12
9th February 2010, 11:17
I have a girlfriend but we're not doing anything special for Valentines Day, in fact she's working that day so we're not even seeing each other at all.

She hates the day even more than I do :D :D :D

Mark
9th February 2010, 12:11
I'm moving Valentines day to February 13th this year because it is more convenient for us both and it is her lucky number. :p :

You can bet your life she'll have a card with 'Fiance' written on tho. She always does!
Still, come May I'm upgrading to Wife 1.0 :p

Daniel
9th February 2010, 12:29
My fiancee's birthday is on the 11th and Valantines day is on the 14th which is bloody expensive. I suppose theres always the option to have a blazing row the day before her birthday and spend a few days in silence and of course saving money. :p

The question I need to ask myself is, do I have any chance of getting the Takuma Sato endorsed play seat for my Valentines gift? Not a chance, but I'll have to make the effort. A nice hot bath with lavender oil, and candles, followed by a meal with a bottle of wine. A medium size bunch of flowers delivered to her office and a card usually does the trick and hopefully I'll get lucky.. :D
Caroline's birthday is on the 12th. But I just kind of lump everything in on her birthday :)

Daniel
9th February 2010, 13:04
Welsh

Ah.

There's your problem! :p Does she speak Welsh/gibberish? :p Hateful language that is! :p

Mark
9th February 2010, 13:08
They have 3 Fiancee card styles in Tesco Mark.. ;)

Ooh, ta. I'll take a look. I was looking in Sainbury's you see :p

Daniel
9th February 2010, 13:53
Nah, she's from South Wales where its not so common, so not all bad. ;)
Ergh South Walean accent :p

Alexamateo
9th February 2010, 14:29
Well, the Daytona 500 is this Valentine's Day, so I'll be watching it!

Also, our little boy turns 4 on Valentine's Day, although we'll celebrate it with a piņata Saturday.

When he ended up being born on Valentine's day, I told my wife that I gave her her Valentine's present 9 months ago! :p :D :s mokin:

Garry Walker
9th February 2010, 16:14
Tried that in the past mate, didn't work for me. She's a fiery, Welsh, brunette who likes to talk about valentines day from the 1st of Feb so I have no chance.. :p

maybe you are just a pushover :p

emporer_k
14th February 2010, 14:54
I dont have a girfriend or any other friends so I'm just going to spend thwe day here quietly crying in a dark corner.

ShiftingGears
15th February 2010, 09:54
Didn't pay for flowers but paid for a good day out with my girlfriend. It was quality.