PDA

View Full Version : Dream Team

Sonic
8th February 2010, 19:50
The year is 2010 and by begging and/or stealing you find yourself the owner of a GP team.

By happy happenstance you also find yourself in possession of a time machine (bear with me guys ;) ) and to crew your ultimate team - "Dream team" if you will - you need to travel through time and space and pick the best of the best from across the ages.

You will need a;

Team Principle
Chief designer/technical director
Chief aerodynamicist
Driver 1
Driver 2
Test and reserve driver

You can pick anyone from any era of GP racing as your time machine also downloads the subjects with any advancements made in the years since their heyday *good grief! Am I high?*

Just for fun (unless you really do have a time machine.........anyone?) So let's see what 60+ years of GP masters would look like boiled down to one team.

Sonic
8th February 2010, 20:17
Well I'm still working on "recruiting" my other members but I've already got my test driver lined up;

James Hunt.

Seriously! The guy only had one setting - flat out. So if the new part we bolt on is better the car will go faster and visa versa. Exactly what you need in a test and development driver.

UltimateDanGTR
8th February 2010, 20:18
TP:Jean Todt
TD:Ross Brawn
CA:Adrian Newey

Driver 1: Ayrton Senna
Driver 2: Michael Schumacher

Test and Reserve: Jackie Stewart

if only we could have 3 car teams like the 50s, (for this not real life) then JS would be promoted to a race seat and test/reserve role would go to a one Jim Clark....

F1boat
8th February 2010, 20:30
The Ferrari dream team.

Sonic
8th February 2010, 20:45
Ok my list - which I'm probably going to want to change on a daily basis goes like this;

TP - Frank Williams
CD - Gordon Murray
CA - Rory Bryne

Driver - Tazio Nuvolari
Driver - Gilles Villeneuve

Test driver - James Hunt.

Sonic
8th February 2010, 20:46
The Ferrari dream team.

LOL.

DazzlaF1
8th February 2010, 22:57
My Dream Team

Team Principal: Sir Frank Williams
Chief designer/technical director: Rory Byrne
Chief aerodynamicist: Adrian Newey
Driver 1: Juan Manuel Fangio
Driver 2: Jackie Stewart
Test and reserve driver: Nigel Mansell

And a nightmare team

Team Principal: Andrea Sassetti
Chief designer/technical director: Carlo Chiti
Chief aerodynamicist: Sergio Rinland (for the 1995 Forti)
Driver 1: Yuji Ide
Driver 2: Jean Denis Deletraz
Test and reserve driver: Emilio de Villota

Saint Devote
9th February 2010, 01:28
The year is 2010 and by begging and/or stealing you find yourself the owner of a GP team.

By happy happenstance you also find yourself in possession of a time machine (bear with me guys ;) ) and to crew your ultimate team - "Dream team" if you will - you need to travel through time and space and pick the best of the best from across the ages.

You will need a;

Team Principle
Chief aerodynamicist
Driver 1
Driver 2
Test and reserve driver

Team Principle: Ken Tyrrell
Chief Designer: Gordon Murray
Chief Aero Adrian Newey
Driver 1: Jody Scheckter
Driver 2: Jim Clark
Test and reserve drivers are irrelevant.

Valve Bounce
9th February 2010, 03:13

You will need a;

Team Principle
Chief aerodynamicist
Driver 1
Driver 2
Test and reserve driver

You can pick anyone from any era of GP racing as your time machine also downloads the subjects with any advancements made in the years since their heyday *good grief! Am I high?*

Just for fun (unless you really do have a time machine.........anyone?) So let's see what 60+ years of GP masters would look like boiled down to one team.

I havn't decided who to pick yet! all I know is Sato must be in that team. :D

Shifter
9th February 2010, 06:57
Team Principle
Chief aerodynamicist
Driver 1
Driver 2
Test and reserve driver

I'll probably think of a better combo (and I'm a bit hamstrung by lack of pre-late-70s knowlege), but for now:

Team Principal: Ross Brawn
Cheif designer/tech director: Patrick Head
Chief aerodynamicist: Dan Gurney
Driver 1: Fernando Alonso
Driver 2: Keke Rosberg
Test/Reserve Driver: Alain Prost

Sonic
9th February 2010, 08:50
My Dream Team

And a nightmare team

Team Principal: Andrea Sassetti
Chief designer/technical director: Carlo Chiti
Chief aerodynamicist: Sergio Rinland (for the 1995 Forti)
Driver 1: Yuji Ide
Driver 2: Jean Denis Deletraz
Test and reserve driver: Emilio de Villota

Loving the anti-dream team :D

I'll have a ponder on it myself......

racepode1
9th February 2010, 09:47
Sound like a litle bit funny see the names of Big Champions Like Prost, Villeneuve or Senna in the function of Reseve/ Tester.

Team Principle: Enzo Ferrari
Chief designer/technical director: Roos Brawn
Driver 1 Fangio
Driver 2 Alain Prost
Test and reserve driver: Michael schumacher

Saint Devote
9th February 2010, 10:08
How do y'all believe that drivers showing the potential of Schumacher and Prost or even sponsirship - or any driver with obvious potential and junior formula results - would accept the relatively new idea and now somewhat obsolete position of "reserve or third driver"?

Sonic
9th February 2010, 10:24
How do y'all believe that drivers showing the potential of Schumacher and Prost or even sponsirship - or any driver with obvious potential and junior formula results - would accept the relatively new idea and now somewhat obsolete position of "reserve or third driver"?

You do get that this is just a wee bit of fun?

And anyway, we've got a time machine! So the Schumacher/prost/clark etc in test driver roles need not be the multiple champions we are familiar with - we can pluck them from history aged 21 before any of then saw success. :D

Valve Bounce
9th February 2010, 11:53
By the way, if you do have a time machine, could you please look up Vincent Van Gogh and tell him that I'll swap my Casio battery operated watch with alarm, countdown, date, and stop watch function for one of his paintings. I'll include a dozen spare batteries, which should last him a lifetime.

Sonic
9th February 2010, 12:29
I'll give you the keys to the flux capacitor straight away!

Shifter
9th February 2010, 17:59

And anyway, we've got a time machine! So the Schumacher/prost/clark etc in test driver roles need not be the multiple champions we are familiar with - we can pluck them from history aged 21 before any of then saw success. :D

Or after they 'retired'. I'd tell Prost if he develops my car I'll give him the keys to the time machine.

Sonic
9th February 2010, 19:47
Or after they 'retired'. I'd tell Prost if he develops my car I'll give him the keys to the time machine.

That's the spirit!

Rollo
10th February 2010, 01:00
Team Principle - Colin Chapman:
I expect that he would have taken any challenge, irrespective of whatever rules were thrown at him... and won.

Chief designer/technical director - Adrian Newey:
It was either going to be Rory Byrne or Adrian Newey, and I think that I've decided that Newey's experience at Williams, McLaren and Red Bull are probably more valuable.

Chief aerodynamicist - Sydney Camm:
Who the hell is he? You might ask. Sir Sydney Camm was the chap who designed the Hurricane, Typhoon, Tempest, Hunter and most notably the Harrier and was on the design team for the Concorde.

If he could design the Harrier which by all accounts should not actually be able to fly, then if a set of design guidelines were drawn up, I think that he'd have the acumen to turn out a pretty decent sort of aero kit.

Driver 1 - Jim Clark
Driver 2 - Rudolf Caracciola

Test Driver - Eddie Irvine:
I don't think that Eddie is the best test driver of all time, but I'd have him in pit lane to knock back a few pints with on raceday and enforce "the rule of the fist" around the garages. One quick "Oi, what's your problem!" and that'd be that.

Can we use our time machine to go back in time and find out who The Stig is, then employ him before he became His Holy Stigness?

Saint Devote
10th February 2010, 01:20

Yes I do get it :D

Okay I'll play along and nominate Clay Regazzoni and Nigel Mansell test and reserve drivers - it is inhuman to ask me to choose between them!

Wild Dog
9th June 2010, 13:36
Christian Horner
Ross Brawn
Adrian Newey

Kimi Raikkonen
Ayrton Senna
Sebastian Vettel

:D

Mia 01
9th June 2010, 14:22
Christian Horner
Ross Brawn
Adrian Newey

Kimi Raikkonen
Ayrton Senna
Sebastian Vettel

:D

Me like!

Instant Mash
10th June 2010, 05:30
Team Principal: Colin Chapman
Chief designer/technical director: Ross Brawn
Driver 1: Ayrton Senna
Driver 2: Jim Clark
Test and reserve driver: Nigel Mansell

i_max2k2
10th June 2010, 05:50
Team Principal: Jean Todt
Chief designer/technical director: Ross Brawn
Chief aerodynamicist: Rory Byrne
Driver 1: Michael Schumacher
Driver 2: Ayrton Senna
Test and reserve driver: Jim Clark

Mintexmemory
10th June 2010, 14:22
Team Principal: Enzo Ferrari :s mokin:
Chief designer/technical director: Colin Chapman :vader:
Chief aerodynamicist: Peter Wright :bulb:
Driver 1: Fangio :champion:
Driver 2: Moss
Test and reserve driver: Jack Brabham :s panner:
Of course they'd never have been able to work together, leaving Fangio and Moss to find a more silvery looking car